New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXX

[Gnoll battlefield]

Kale

Surrender? Yeah, surrender and become the laughing stock of the gnolls as an elf takes over his pack. He'd be pushed to the outskirts, have to fight his way back up through the ranks again, and all the while act subservient to Kale. And that was only if the miner didn't just disband his men and ruin all his hard work.

No.

Yet whatever he decides, there's still a knife pressed to his throat, and moving would certainly result in a wider smile than he needed.

It would be better to die. Especially as then his brothers would keep their ranks, and would most likely not accept a different alpha male. Or so he hopes.

“Kill me then.” He snarls, baring his fangs in a last gesture of defiance. “Kill me and then what? Rule my pack? I doubt they'd accept an elf. You'll be jumped the moment the knife pierces flesh.” Or so he hopes. Actually they'd probably accept with naught but a great deal of grumbling, and no true resistance. Still, it's the only thing he can say.

---------------

AM4

Idiotic as the gnolls are, they have pretty good ears. AM4 is most likely fast enough to hit one hard enough to splatter blood, but aside from that, the hyenids are ready. And with Marty gone, that means three are attacking, the last pursuing a blind drow across the field as he scrambles to find a weapon of sorts.

Well, whips probably aren't much use against the automaton, so it's back to swords or strength. And as it's doubtful swords would work well either, they decide a grapple would be a good bet. Snarling orders at one another, they split, one to each side, completely ignoring their bleeding, fallen comrade. And one leaps, attempting to sink claws into whatever metal yields, and drag him to the ground, paying close attention to keep AM4's remaining hand pointed away from them.

-------------

Marty

“Brother, kill half-breed” Grendar sounds more amused than anything else. Amused that Marty thinks he can escape.

“What half-elf? Where?” Kremiir lifts an eyebrow, obviously resenting being told what to do by someone who can't pronounce half his words correctly, and was drowning in their own blood.

“You hard of smelling? Only one half-elf half-human smell on field!”

Kremiir sighs. “Yes, yes. I'll take care of him.” He takes a few steps out, and scents the air tentatively. Giving both battles a wide berth, and mentally runs through his list of spells he begins to walk out. An area effect spell ought to get his attention... and if that's the case why not go for his good old-fashioned favorite? “Fireball. Happy Grendar?” It would be hard for Marty to miss the giant ball of orange flame flying his way. With the tree beside him however, it wouldn't be too hard to dodge, but it serves as a warning that the gnolls know he's there and that they don't want him interfering with the battle.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

2. - Top - End - #572
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fields

((Zefir.... I don't really see how you can say the battlemages are overpowered. Your character attack four of them and not only is he winning, not only has he kept them from escaping so far, but they haven't even managed to scratch him.

Furthermore, Excelsior soldiers aren't meant to be weak, easily defeated minions. They're meant to be powerful enough that three or four can put up a fight against a PC. So judging them as "too strong for a minion" is sort of missing the point.))

Even as the earth beneath his feet begins to shake and Zefir rushes towards him, the battlemage makes no attempt to get away. His own survival matters less than getting the commander to safety and evading will only waste time, which is by now quite a scarcity. So instead he simply focuses upon the casting, pouring all his strength and then some borrowed from his unconscious brother into it.

As the stone needles strike, most deflected by the mask he wears but a few sinking into his unprotected throat, the spell is already beyond stopping. Blue-green sparks of light whirl in the air and space begins to bend and stretch around the focal point of the spell, the battlemage and Prometheus's body. Even killing the mage won't stop it now, though it might help Zefir vent some of that anger.

Forest of Brackets

"Why, why you...." Words reverting to incomprehensible growls and hisses, the badger seizes a stone in both paws and lobs in the avian's general direction. "Go jam a pipin' hot slice of "shaddup" down yer gob and choke on it, you noisy old bird!" He yells, finally finding his tongue, before turning and stomping off after Matt in a huff.

"Come on mate, it would seem we're going the same way."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-05-28 at 01:29 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

3. - Top - End - #573

Mathias nods to the badger.

"Excellent. I could do with some company."
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?
    I started mine with my party investigating a disturbance at a ruined temple of the gods.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

Gnoll Area

marty hides behind the tree and braces for the fireball. He's thin enough to hide behind the tree with little trouble but yelps as the fireball hits and the tree catches fire. He almost falls on his bad foot and into the snow. He doesn't move though and begins to pray to the gods that Kale would kill the gnoll.....preferably before another fireball was thrown his direction.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eadin View Post
    [Gate to the underworld]

Hades nods at Lynette. '' Very well, you are free to go and ask for a tear. Please do not harm them and remember politeness will get you a long way.'' The mist clears a bit behind him, revealing a light in the distance to the right. '' This way to the fields.'' He says, gesturing to the light. '' And what about you?''Hades looks at Grantz.
    '' You're supposed to answer, you know..'' Eadin frown at Grantz before turning to Lynette. ''I'll go with you, no worries. Just don't touch anything and we'll be fine.'' She doesn't seem worried.

((And Grantz replies as I don't know how to quote multiple posts.))

[Gate to Underworld]

Grantz looks at Hades and speaks formally.

"There is only one being I seek, his name is Surt. It is said that he roams an underworld though not which. You may know him from some tales that state that he will bring Ragnarok, the end of the world. From him I seek the knowledge and power of the most feared fire. This is my destiny and I know it to be true."
    ((Anyway that is the last I heard of that plot unless I missed something, is this plot still on or did it die?))
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

6. - Top - End - #576
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody Island Ferry}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Vincent gets hit but is healed rather nicely after, plus some.

Vincent attacks arm 3 twice now, since it seems to be protecting 4.
    Arm 3 takes 12, then 15 damage. It is destroyed.

First arm:

Second arm: Heals the Arm 4. What little damage it'd already taken is healed.

Third arm:

Fourth arm: Shakes and turns red. The counter says "3".

Fifth arm:

Sixth arm:

Caroline fires two flaming darts at Arm 4. It takes 6 then 5 damage.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Outside XXX

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    [Gnoll battlefield]
    AM4

Idiotic as the gnolls are, they have pretty good ears. AM4 is most likely fast enough to hit one hard enough to splatter blood, but aside from that, the hyenids are ready. And with Marty gone, that means three are attacking, the last pursuing a blind drow across the field as he scrambles to find a weapon of sorts.

Well, whips probably aren't much use against the automaton, so it's back to swords or strength. And as it's doubtful swords would work well either, they decide a grapple would be a good bet. Snarling orders at one another, they split, one to each side, completely ignoring their bleeding, fallen comrade. And one leaps, attempting to sink claws into whatever metal yields, and drag him to the ground, paying close attention to keep AM4's remaining hand pointed away from them.
    The Gnoll's attack work, sending AM4 down and pinning the Automaton there. The metal is quite sturdy to the claws, but should eventually give away.

However, as the robot struggles to get free, the Gnoll may notice that its hands might be getting a bit numb. Normally, AM4 would be harmless to the touch, but it is difficult to stop Ethereal energy and electricity from being conducted by metal. A difficulty that lies a bit beyond what AM4's damaged gears and vents can perform after the heavy damage.

If the Gnoll continues to claw at the Automaton, it should be fatigued very quickly by the energy. Far from as instantaneously as those hit by the beam, but very much like the numbness of Death.

((The energy has a low risk of causing a heart attack, but otherwise it is pretty much just a very uncomfortable way of getting tranquilised. Might give a heavy hangover, though. :3))
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2012-05-29 at 07:41 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SerphIvanXin123 View Post
    ((Anyway that is the last I heard of that plot unless I missed something, is this plot still on or did it die?))
    ((I told you, I'm waiting on C'nor. If there's not going to be a reply from him the plot won't continue and can be considered dead.))
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

9. - Top - End - #579

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Fields

((Zefir.... I don't really see how you can say the battlemages are overpowered. Your character attack four of them and not only is he winning, not only has he kept them from escaping so far, but they haven't even managed to scratch him.

Furthermore, Excelsior soldiers aren't meant to be weak, easily defeated minions. They're meant to be powerful enough that three or four can put up a fight against a PC. So judging them as "too strong for a minion" is sort of missing the point.))

Even as the earth beneath his feet begins to shake and Zefir rushes towards him, the battlemage makes no attempt to get away. His own survival matters less than getting the commander to safety and evading will only waste time, which is by now quite a scarcity. So instead he simply focuses upon the casting, pouring all his strength and then some borrowed from his unconscious brother into it.

As the stone needles strike, most deflected by the mask he wears but a few sinking into his unprotected throat, the spell is already beyond stopping. Blue-green sparks of light whirl in the air and space begins to bend and stretch around the focal point of the spell, the battlemage and Prometheus's body. Even killing the mage won't stop it now, though it might help Zefir vent some of that anger.
    Fields

((To be true Zefir did use suprise and he fights his favorit enemy. I play him at the edge of his power and the fact he has no scratch more lies in the fact you minions didn't attack.^^ Just take the surprise away and Zefir would be dead without causing much damage.))

The black mass breaks through the trees/ground which cover Prometheus. but it is to late to stop the mage. He doesn't even have a weapon prepared to do so. For a moment time seems to slow down. Zefir's body slowed as well, but his mind clear and fast. As he looks over prometheus they seek for any object to vent the greed. As they saw the axe (which was an object as you mentioned) they knew their target.

Out of the blak mass a hand tries to pop out and grab after the weapon. The hand moves fast and in an eye's lash the black mass broke revealing a hand with red scales on his back. The scales seem to cover the back of his hand and only his clothes cover more.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

10. - Top - End - #580

A Large Cave Which Leads To The Underdark
    T'rissylene walks up with Marty. She sighs. Well.... goodbye. She gives him a hug.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

A Large Cave Leading to the Underdark

Marty embraces her tightly. He moves to kiss her forehead. Well....b-bye...I...I'll miss you....so much....

12. - Top - End - #582

A tank rolls up into (our out to) the Outside. A big tank. A giant tank. One might dare to even go so far as to call it a mega tank. It is quite gargantuan. As it rolls very slowly to a halt, a hatch on the top pops open, and the dark skinned head of a woman sticks out, followed by a wrench being carefully placed. The woman pulls herself out, her green clothes bright in the sunlight except for one dark smudge of what might be oil. She wipes her hand on her brow and looks around.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

13. - Top - End - #583

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    A Large Cave Leading to the Underdark

Marty embraces her tightly. He moves to kiss her forehead. Well....b-bye...I...I'll miss you....so much....
    She hugs him back and kisses his neck.
    Marty, remember that pink stone I gave you?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

[Megatank - Field]
    A white-skinned girl crawls out after her.
    Any structural damage?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

15. - Top - End - #585

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Megatank - Field]
    A white-skinned girl crawls out after her.
    Any structural damage?
    Nothing we can't fix.
    She says in a rough, but still distinctly feminine voice.
    This baby was made to withstand anything and everything. It was my design after all.
    She adds proudly, placing her hands happily on her hips.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

Large Cave Leading to the Underdark

Y-Yes? He lolls his head back a little as he's kissed. We can k-keep in contact with that? He still looks very sad and depressed. Just...I hope you c-come back soon....Just, don't get h-hurt. I'll be waiting.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Nothing we can't fix.
    She says in a rough, but still distinctly feminine voice.
    This baby was made to withstand anything and everything. It was my design after all.
    She adds proudly, placing her hands happily on her hips.
    [Megatank - Field]
    I see, mistress.
    Lamet calls her that; the synth girl is programmed as such.
    ((I'm making a map of what's what in the megatank.))
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

18. - Top - End - #588

She smiles sadly. Keep in touch. I love you. She then touches Marty's forehead,inflicting a powerful sleep spell on him When he wakes up, he finds the stone out of his pocket and on his chest, along with a note.
    Last edited by Dark Elf Bard; 2012-05-29 at 11:47 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

Cave

Marty smiles back at her with his longing eyes before he's put to sleep. Probably for the best...he wakes up and goes to open the note.

20. - Top - End - #590

The note is written in T'rissylene's looping handwriting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Marty.

I want you to contact me every day. I hop to be back within five years. Please tell Elkandar where I am, and it is you choice to tell him about... us. I love you. I will never forget you, and do not forget. I am coming back.

Please talk to me whenever you like. I miss you already.

T'rissylene
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

Cave

Marty reads the note and frowns. He'd still see her though, but he wouldn't feel her warmth next to him, or her calming touch. Marty moves his hands over the letter, desperately wishing she'd just appear again...Well, that was just hope. He got up off the ground and sniffled a little before waling back to town. (He'll probably contact her later.)

22. - Top - End - #592

((When he wants to, can you tell me in OOC so I can respond?))
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

23. - Top - End - #593
    Troll in the Playground

Fortress Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    In that case, Erin triggers a variety of exceedingly lethal deathtraps that are unlikely to pose any threat whatsoever as long as she remains in ghost-form!

First, the vents jet a highly incendiary, quick burning vapor into the room. Said volatile mist quickly detonates in an eye-searing flash of light, instantly raising the room temperature by several hundred degrees and generating enough pressure to simply crush even those invaders entirely immune to fire.

Next, a second set of vents snap open and a substance not unlike dry ice begins to fill the air. Within fifteen or twenty seconds the chamber will not only be back to normal temperature but fast approaching freezing cold.

After that, if Erin is for some reason still hanging around, the airlock will be bathed in various forms of radiation ranging from electromagnetic to non-ionizing microwaves.

Yeah. Erin's just about the only person I can think of who could actually survive that. Lucky her!
    Anybody looking on through the security monitors...gets to see Erin get a nice tan!

She does, however, get hindered a bit by the vision-obscuring of the fire and ice, which slows her down so she gets a bit more tan from the radiation...

...just in time to do a backflip torwards the door/airlock/wall at the far end of the chamber, spinning her plasma blades to drive them into and, she intends, through it.

Time for the old 'cut through the door' trick!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure, I'll message you.

25. - Top - End - #595

That would be great!
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

26. - Top - End - #596

[Megatank - Field]
    I see, mistress.
    Lamet calls her that; the synth girl is programmed as such.
    ((I'm making a map of what's what in the megatank.))
    Well we're probably gonna be stopped for a while. Any supplies we need to restock on while we are?
    Leymah asks Lamet.
    How about those chips I like?
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

[Megatank - Field - Upper Deck]
    I believe we have ample supplies of those, mistress.
    However, it would be prudent to stock up on water, which is why I thought it appropriate to halt near this stream.

She points to a nearby stream.
    I will set up the collector hose now.
    ((Here's a diagram I did of the two inner decks, one as living quarters and one for operating the vehicle.))
    Last edited by Beans; 2012-05-29 at 01:25 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

28. - Top - End - #598

I believe we have ample supplies of those, mistress.
    However, it would be prudent to stock up on water, which is why I thought it appropriate to halt near this stream.

She points to a nearby stream.
    I will set up the collector hose now.
    ((Here's a diagram I did of the two inner decks, one as living quarters and one for operating the vehicle.))
    Good. Good.
    She says with her most charming smile.
    I can always count on you. I'd forget my own name without you.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

Lamet smiles.
    I am happy to help, mistress.
    ((What's her name anyway?))
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

30. - Top - End - #600

Lamet smiles.
    I am happy to help, mistress.
    ((What's her name anyway?))
    Leymah. Two posts up.

She nods.
    What is our next destination when we start moving again?
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show