New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Hive
    "It gets a little tiring after a while..." he said with a sigh, devouring the rest of his so not to draw out the torture.
    "I guess I'll go to sleep then...I don't think there's anything left to do..."
    [Hive]
    She nods.
    I understand...
    G'night.

She clambers onto her sleeping-web and pulls the silk curtains around it.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hive
    Adam wakes up in the morning in time for his morning duties!
    Which happens to be his first mission with Seskila(perhaps?)
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #183
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Trium laughs slightly, gently hugging her girlfriend.

"I'm harder to kill than that, dear. And I feel the need to point out that I didn't exactly choose to collapse the cave entrance."

And then the immortal's attention is drawn to the torches as well!

"That would be a fair guess..."
    , she admits, frowning, and reaching out to prod at the head of one, so that her fingers can (hopefully) eat a bit of it and say what, if any, flammable substance besides the wick went into making them.
    [Caves of Virtue - Test of Observation]

((Gah! I meant to put this up last night but a pile stupid homework just couldn't live without completely ruining that plan for me.))

Spec cranes her neck to the right and quirks an eyebrow when Trium sticks her finger into one of the bright, burning flames! Yeowch! She's certain that doing so purposely would hurt every ounce as much as inadvertently reaching out and coming into physical contact with the hot, hot fire! Could this be more magic? Spec remains somewhat skeptical. She'll lean into the hug Trium ensnares her in as it is delivered, relishing her friend's enticing touch.

"Do you feel that, Trium?"

Spec inquires, shivering violently as an abnormally chilly gale scrambles past her seemingly without a source.

An invisible presence, a blur of only partially opaque space, positions itself centerstage, in the exact middle of all of the magical torches, all of which, Truim might have learned by now, are fueled by old mystical illusion magic as they do not give off heat but rather react in an endothermic pattern with the thermal energy in the air about it.

The presence does not yet speak, electing to maintain its aloof behavior until this pair passes the first test.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Above the Sea

Captain Blood gives her a deep bow, gesturing to the prow of the ship. "Go right ahead, milady. Anything would be of great use to us."

Slaanesh Mercs

Rugal stops the electrical discharge as soon as it hits the man and leaps in between Sixteen and a pair of the Thessians as he summons up a shimmering shield of protective purple energy. He'll grunt at the impact of the bullets, obviously under strain as he shields the soldiers from harm. "If you two can do anything, do it quick. I can't last too long." He admits, gritting his sharp teeth.

At first, he's just the only one of the Mercs in sight as the others have yet to come through the hole, so he's the one to take the focus for now.

Outside the Wall, Razorfang hears the reports of the gun and sets Felis down when Pet breaks off the kiss. "You two stay here. Charlotte, keep an eye on them please." When the Archon nods, the Wolfen sets a paw on her long saber before going through the hole.

Sixteen will see Razorfang enter, paw on her pommel, and she instantly goes into action. Her form seems to blur when she suddenly lunges forward with inhuman speed and agility. She'll close the distance incredibly quickly, especially considering the heavy armor she's wearing.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Thessaloniki-Outside The Palace
    Flarg nods at the guards and steps into the shadow of a nearby tree. He will sit there cross-legged and let the tiny trickle of shadow energy wash over him. It's almost like trying to fill a cup with an eye-dropper but every bit of energy helps. He takes a few seconds to see from his sparrow's eyes. The battle is raging, the others are holding their own. Hiring mercenaries was the smartest choice Thessaloniki made.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

6. - Top - End - #186
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Blackdust Camp

Pyrus moves a hand to touch her cheek softly. ...Both. Definitely both. He'll try and caress her softly. He smiles at her. He was glad she made it out of the cave with little injury.They're very useful. I can defend myself with them. It's like magic almost. Enough of that though...I've done enough work today. I just want to be with you...
    She's silent for a moment, and when she does eventually speak, it's very quiet. Perhaps her tone isn't menacing, but the words... "Than you must have a death wish."

She doesn't move at all, but she's still encircled by his arms, so she's not rejecting him. It's merely a warning. And perhaps some curiosity as to why he cared at all. "I don't understand you, Pyrus. Had I wanted, I could have killed you. Why would you want to be anywhere near me?"
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Blackdust Camp

Pyrus just smiles. Maybe...But I like being around you. You are interesting...I mean, you're a dragon! It's fascinating to even be talking to one, much less holding one...

8. - Top - End - #188
    Pixie in the Playground

Blackdust camp

"I'm afraid I may not be as interesting as you say. I mean, I have dragon blood, yes, but I'm still an elf. If you want to look at it from a technical point of view I am me... with someone else's blood." Which is somewhat of a creepy thought, so she ends it there.

She may be enjoying the embrace, but she has to break it off before anything can happen or else... well, she didn't want to think about the consequences just then. She scoots away, but to let him know that she wasn't angry with him, she gives him a quick kiss on the cheek before she does.

"Did you want to go visit your brother now?"

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Hive
    Adam wakes up in the morning in time for his morning duties!
    Which happens to be his first mission with Seskila(perhaps?)
    [Hive]
    They go to Rikhi, their quarterblock's resident Kahzess. While most Vaess stand between 5 and 6 feet, few Kahzess are less than 6'9", and at around 7 feet Rikhi is no exception. Her long pale hair is tied back from her pale forehead, and her golden eyes glow in shade.
    "Ah, Adam and Seskila. Ready for today's task?"
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    [Outside Trog's Tavern]

Talnissa:

Well the battle's certainly taken it's toll on this slave. As Talnissa approaches her, she flinches away for a moment, her hand rising to the hilt of one of the daggers on her belt. But then, she's not a gnoll, is she? No, no, that is most definitely not the face of a hyenid.

Many years in the Pits has steeled her somewhat, and she manages to push the horror of the day aside for now. She gratefully accepts the healing. As Talnissa looks around though, she casts her eyes fearfully around the field. She knew that dead slave. He'd shared the bread with her that week when food was in shorter supply than usual. She knew that one too. She'd taught her how to steal better weapons from the armory. And that one had always had a joke no matter the situation. And that one had-

Oh Andaress, And that one, and that one....

I don't know your name. She says quietly. I don't know who or what you are, only that I believe I owe you my life... and that I'm going to betray you by leaving now. I- I would fight the gnolls with you, but I would die at their claws, and I don't... I can't...

On a slightly lighter and yet somehow more morbid note however, the field is littered with corpses. While most have been ripped to shreds or the like, I'm sure a couple would be in good enough repair for resurrection into, I'm guessing, an undead form.
    She does indeed plan on bringing them back as undead. Not pleasant undead like herself, either. These, if it works as she plans, will have their original souls tied back to them, but shackled to her control, and fully aware as they're quickly rotted from the inside, which is why she's only looking for gnoll corpses.

That, however, can wait. At the moment, she's more concerned with the former slave, who's obviously feeling guilty for not being able to go on fighting, as well as shocked, horrified, and grieving, about and for her friends.

"My name is Talnissa,"
    the ghost replies, gently, and carefully, starting to weave a spell around her companion; if it works, one of the spirits she keeps bound to herself should attach itself to the lizardfolk woman, hopefully doing at least a bit to relieve the worst of the emotional stresses, and helping to keep her out of harm's way. "But there's no shame in leaving to survive. You dying wouldn't help anyone, and I can take care of myself well enough on my own.

And come find me once the battle's over, alright? I'll do what I can to make sure your friends can come back if they'd want to, or move on peacefully if they wouldn't."

[Thess - Walls]

It does indeed work; the Bloodthief's hand is fully severed, and she's too stunned to respond.

Leaping for the neck of one of the Drakes may not be the best idea the Daemonbunny has ever had, though. Of course, that depends on its general quality of ideas... But in any case, said Drake spits a fair-sized ball of, essentially, burning napalm at it, in the hopes that the momentum of the leap and the fact that it has nothing to push against to give it leverage will prevent it from dodging, though if that doesn't stop the thing, it'll at least be able to get its teeth around the Nayleth's neck; whether or not those teeth can actually penetrate the layer of scales depends on how strong the Daemonhost's jaws and teeth are.

Meanwhile! A Siphon is also leaping, though I'm not entirely sure how that works with a giant worm. What's closest is dependent entirely on where it lands; it might be one of the Drakes, the attacking Daemonbunny, Ythanril - the Bloodthief with the missing hand - or any of the other numerous people on the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Drychalk

"Nope." The smirk can almost be heard in the necromancer's words, even if any physical expression is entirely concealed by the opaque plastic shield that covers his face, the hazardously suited man snapping the locker shut and taking a seat upon it. "Fore I, hhsh, bring ya into the operation proper, I need ta get a few things, hh, straight. How much do ya know about, hhh, ectothermic dynamics? Cause I ain't wasting' my time explainin' **** 'less I know it ain't all gunna go right over you're pretty little head."

"That depends. What's ectothermic dynamics? I'm not as good with some of the more specialized Common terms as I'd like to be, but I may be familiar with the actual concepts of whatever it is in my language."

She sort of doubts it, though. It sounds rather magical, especially considering the source, and such things weren't exactly taught in her world.

11. - Top - End - #191

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Above the Sea

Captain Blood gives her a deep bow, gesturing to the prow of the ship. "Go right ahead, milady. Anything would be of great use to us."
    The hydriad nods, moving to the railing of the ship. her eyes blow a faint blue as the wind picks up. The waves go higher and suddenly the ship goes a whole lot faster. Handy thing, controlling currents.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

Thessaloniki- APC

The Triplet is able to wrest the Oil of Summoning from Narahar. There's no sign on the bottle as to what it is, however. The sickle can be picked up without any obvious negative effects. "Because there's a demon bound into that sickle. My death unleashes it upon the mortal realm, at which point it will try to kill everybody for an hour, after which it is banished back to the Abyss." Narahar screams as the sword is pulled out of his arm.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Hive]
    They go to Rikhi, their quarterblock's resident Kahzess. While most Vaess stand between 5 and 6 feet, few Kahzess are less than 6'9", and at around 7 feet Rikhi is no exception. Her long pale hair is tied back from her pale forehead, and her golden eyes glow in shade.
    "Ah, Adam and Seskila. Ready for today's task?"
    Hive
    Adam grins.
    "Ready? I'm excited!"
    Busy with Life

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Hive
    Adam grins.
    "Ready? I'm excited!"
    [Hive]
    The Kahzess smiles back.
    "Good... you two will be investigating some human interference close to our northern border, alright?"
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Blackdust Camp

Pyrus blushes at her kiss. What did she mean by that? Not that the white-haired man minded the feeling of her lips on his cheek. He sits up and walks to her. He tries to wrap his arms around her again. He'll try and rest his cheek against hers softly.He evidently likes the feel of being close to her.No...I have to let him know we're coming. We'll go together tomorrow, that means we have the rest of the day off. You wanna go do something this evening? I'll be free.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-04-27 at 05:32 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196

[Hive]
    The Kahzess smiles back.
    "Good... you two will be investigating some human interference close to our northern border, alright?"
    Hive
    "Yes ma'am!"
    "But...um...what kind of interference is it?"
    Busy with Life

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Hive
    "Yes ma'am!"
    "But...um...what kind of interference is it?"
    They have been encroaching on our territory, and it's clearly not an accidental thing.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198

Hive
    "And if they attack us?"
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hive]
    She blinks.
    "... You kill them, dear."

Seskila nods.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200

Hive
    "Mmmk."
    He gathers his things.
    "Shall we go then, Seskila?"
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hive]
    She nods, checking her push-daggers and katars.

Out they go! Other Vaess wave at them as they leave.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202

Hive --> Mission?
    Adam waves back to them, obviously excited.
    Once they're a good ways away from the hive, he looks at Seskila excitedly, his arm-swords gleaming.
    "This is so gonna rock!"
    Busy with Life

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest]
    Seskila nods.
    Okay, but first you need to sheathe those blades for now. The sheathes are made so that the wearer can easily put on and draw the blades.
    We need to be stealthy as possible for now.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204

Forest
    "Fiiiiiine."
    "Even though we aren't close to the human interference yet...I wonder why they decided to do I in the first place..."
    he said out loud as he sheathed his armblades.
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest]
    She shrugs and it's off on walkytimes for them!

Eventually they are nearing the area the humans have been through.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Halfling in the Playground

[Thessaloniki - Bathhouse]

Really not having any luck with the shots here...

Might as well just keep shooting and hope for the-

Coward

Just...just keep shooting and maybe-

Maybe what? You're not going to achieve anything. You don't want to run in there because you're afraid to die. So much for your grand plan to get yourself killed.

"I...I-that's not what I...that's not why I'm-"

You're pathetic. You're not fooling anyone with your lies, least of all yourself. Go on. Prove me wrong. Get in there, fight that thing, and die, dammit!

Leeh growls quietly and puts his pistol away, letting it sink back into his arm. He flicks the cane and walks forward, his leg seemingly healed well enough that he can put weight on it again. Nice and slowly, letting the wyvern hear the crackle of his blade...
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

27. - Top - End - #207

[Forest]
    She shrugs and it's off on walkytimes for them!

Eventually they are nearing the area the humans have been through.
    Forest
    Adam goes into his blending in mode, climbing up into a nearby tree to hide.
    He expects Seskila to do the same.
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #208
    Pixie in the Playground

[Blackdust camp]

For a moment, she very nearly says yes.

A walk through the woods, an evening soaring on her wings under the stars, or laying out beneath them on a grassy bank, it didn't matter what he had intended because they'd be together. Right?

But... no, she couldn't risk it. Not with so many of her siblings prowling the Nexus. She trusted none of them.

Lathe had scalded one of her pets with acid.

Nidhi had frozen one solid in a block of ice.

Prism, sweet darling Prism, had declared one little wolf a menace to young Nixa and had taken the poor thing out and put it to sleep gently on the rocky slope of their mountain. It had been a courteous death, but murder all the same.

What would they think if they found her with a human? One of the so-called 'Lesser Races'?

"It's... a sweet offer, Pyrus." She says softly, eyes cast away. Let him down gently. Just say no, nice and soft. "Yes, alright."

Wait, huh? What happened to 'no'?

"Yes. Where to?"

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest
    Adam goes into his blending in mode, climbing up into a nearby tree to hide.
    He expects Seskila to do the same.
    [Forest]
    She climbs up with him, waiting as she hears footsteps approaching.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210

Forest
    Adam stays quiet as he waits for th humans to get in closer.
    Busy with Life