Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: TW: Shards of War (IC)

Canada/PRA peace talks
    Spoiler
    Show
    We were hired by the canadians. If they're no longer figting, we see no reason too. We also have engagements elsewhere.

To the canadian allies (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We currently have a contract over in asia. As soon as we get addtional forces, we'll send them over to fight portugal.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Alaska

To Canada (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already recalled our forces so you are on your own for at least a turn. If the alliance stays strong after next turn then we will help as well.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

The Empire of the Resplendent Sun to the PRA
    Spoiler
    Show
    We see no need to hire mercenaries for this conflict. We and our allies are quite capable of settling this ourselves. If you wish to ally with us, then we would welcome you, but we see no reason to promise such a large payment for assistance that is unnecessary. Especially given that it would detract from anything we could give to allies who have been with us for far longer and for far more noble purposes than seeing what they could gain for themselves.

To Rafinius
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have those weapons. They are a tech. You could trade them if you wanted, and they provide a bonus to your military.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ethiopia to Hawaii [10]:
    Spoiler
    Show
    At the moment all of our recources are tied up. Let us prepare some presentations of our technology and we will contact you again.
    {OOC: I think I can't trade tech outside of EoTs and its too late to still change stuff. My own tech is mostly an efficient fuel mix and special flamethrowers. I am still thinking of a good diplomatic way why we have tech specifically designed to burn people alive...}

Current Status: Awake

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

Shards of War: The Caliphate of Ethiopa. Faithful inheritor of Kherans godly empire.

Broken City: Orc Uprising. Liberated Orcs that want to build a new life at the outskirts of Sav Altulas.

Voyage: Free Folk - Green Star. Your friendly neighbourhood anarchist pirate community.

[Defunct]
    Warhammer 40k: Gronarks Band. Kunning Blood Axe Warband.

GMT +2

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Peoples Republic of America

To Hawaii [10]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "With the conclusion of this latest conflict, I would like to officially formalise our alliance. I am forming an international committee of nations, a group dedicated not to self-interest, but doing good for the people of the world. Fighting against aggression and injustice, wherever we have the power to do so."

"Would you be interested in joining the committee?"

To Ethiopia [14]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "With the conclusion of this latest conflict, I would like to officially formalise our alliance. I am forming an international committee of nations, a group dedicated not to self-interest, but doing good for the people of the world. Fighting against aggression and injustice, wherever we have the power to do so."

To Saloa [21]
    Spoiler
    Show

To Scandinavia [13]
    Spoiler
    Show

To Russia [8]
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by razovor; 2012-09-02 at 01:13 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caliphate of Ethiopia to the Kheranic Republic of Saloa - Private diplomatic conversation (PM):
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was just informed that the Caliph recieved a message from the PRA to join a formal alliance. Am I correct with the assumptions that you recieved something similar?
    This alliance will supposedly dedicated to combating injustice and aggression and the good of the people. I would not know who decides what will be regarded as such and frankly I am not sure it wold be wise to bind ourselves to non-believing nations that we know nothing about, other than that they were ready to ally with the PRA over a fairly questionable war far from anyones home.
    On the other hand, maybe we could formally join this alliance and be able to direct it as we believe correct. We'd probably have to send token forces to causes of lesser importance of course.
    Declining to join it could make us suspicious, but if we are forced to leave it later on it could cause even greater problems.
    Most importantly however I believe that our nations should take these decisions together and keep our personal alliance above any other.
    What is your opinion on this matter?

Current Status: Awake

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

Shards of War: The Caliphate of Ethiopa. Faithful inheritor of Kherans godly empire.

Broken City: Orc Uprising. Liberated Orcs that want to build a new life at the outskirts of Sav Altulas.

Voyage: Free Folk - Green Star. Your friendly neighbourhood anarchist pirate community.

[Defunct]
    Warhammer 40k: Gronarks Band. Kunning Blood Axe Warband.

GMT +2

7. - Top - End - #277
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Scandinavian Union

To the PRA [13]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be delighted to join such a Committee

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Russia

to PRA[8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    i will join such a committee. however i must warn you that any of my personal alliances may take precedence over any committee matters.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Hawaii to the PRA (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Our attempts at aiding against international injustices have so far been failures, we will sit on your committee, but we doubt its efficacy.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Turn 11, January, 1938 CE

Kenyuganda Invaded Once Again
    Even as the situation between Ethiopia and Portugal began to ease the quasi peace was shattered as the army of the People's Republic of America landed on the shores of Africa and proceeded to attack the Portuguese troops and their mercenary allies. Although for now the attack was repelled the people of Kenyuganda have had enough. With three sets of major powers battling over the territory, not to mention the resistance movements and warlords roaming the area even the citizens of Kenyuganda who had hoped to remain in their homes and ride out the storm have decided that the area is simply not safe or healthy to reside in. An enormous wave of refugees has migrated north. A small portion stopped in Ethiopia, but the majority continued onward taking the Red Sea to the Roman Empire, a country which has shown itself strong enough that it is unlikely to be attacked, has a diverse population, and most importantly not decided to invade Kenyuganda.

The Roman Empire Victorious
    This wave of new blood comes at an opportune time for the Roman Empire. Having finally enacted a decisive victory over the Arkadaslik Union and received its surrender the Roman Empire finds itself with considerable amounts of new territory to control. The surge of its citizens heading east to colonize the new territory leaves a convenient opening in its domestic force in which to slot the Kenyugandan refugees as resources from the conquered territories come pouring back in to Rome.

The Grim Tidings of War
    The Kushan Empire on the other hand has fared poorly. The Empire of the Resplendent Sun has advanced further into its territory and the Khmer empire opened up a new front by sailing its forces around the entire subcontinent to attack from the west. Of even more impact though is a massive campaign of violence and butchery which has been enacted behind the frontlines by cells of Grim death squads from Antarctica. Disdaining normal military and strategic targets they have bypassed Kushan defenses and attacked civilian towns and cities. Millions of Kushan citizens have been killed, some in the most horrific of ways. The blow to the Kushan spirit has been devastating, and the nation hovers on the brink of chaos, but the blow to the Grim reputation has also been terrible. All Asian nations except the Empire of the Resplendent Sun and Bod have closed their borders to the Grim, and many are considering entering the war on the side of the Kushan as the Resplendent Sun's multiple invasions and the Grim's atrocities have painted the side of their alliance in a much more negative light.

The Americas at Peace
    Peace seems to be resuming in North America as Hawaii and the Canadian Federal Imperium have reached an agreement to transfer former DUS territory to Canadian control. And in South America competing exploration parties from Hawaii and the Aztlan Hegemony have divided up the territory of Peru without resorting to the violence that has so often been the case in other situations where the Great Powers compete.

The Kheranic Republic of Saloa to the Caliphate of Ethiopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would rather not join the PRA's alliance. They have simply not shown us any reasons as to why they would be suited to determining who is in fact commiting injustices and who is not. As you said they do not believe as we do. And if anything PRA forces have been some of the most agressive in the world.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2012-09-17 at 10:57 AM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

For global record: In exchange for technologies given in ransom which cannot be again given in turn, Hawaii relinquishes control of it North American holdings to the DUS and vows in perpetuity not to interfere militarily in North America either directly or through hired proxy. Also Hawaii vows to have taken no offensive military action against Spain for the duration of war in North America. Submitted in accordance with the terms off treaty.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

On the war in America

The PRA regrets it's part in the recent conflict in Northern America. We will not be continuing it further.

To the Canadian Federal Imperium [9]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Given the horrible state of affairs in the Kushan Empire, I have decided to donate all of my shards for this season to their government. I will be asking all my allies to do the same. Together we might reverse this tragedy."

"I know your forces must pursue Portugal this year, but you are still free to spend your shards as you wish, and I believe this to be a truly noble cause. Can the Kushan count on your support?"

To the Republic of Alaska [19]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Given the horrible state of affairs in the Kushan Empire, I have decided to donate all of my shards for this season to their government. I will be asking all my allies to do the same. Together we might reverse this tragedy."

"I know your forces must pursue Portugal this year, but you are still free to spend your shards as you wish, and I believe this to be a truly noble cause. Can the Kushan count on your support?"

To the Aztlan Hegemony [16]
    Spoiler
    Show

"I do not know what you intend to do this season, but I can think of no better use for shards then the saving of so many lives. Can the Kushan count on your support?"

To the Caliphate of Ethiopia [15]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Something must be done about the horrible state of affairs in the Kushan Empire. Would you be willing to take action to protect their people?"

To the Kheranic Republic of Saloa [21]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Something must be done about the horrible state of affairs in the Kushan Empire. Would you be willing to take action to protect their people?"

To the Defence Committee (Russia, Hawaii and Scandinavia) [8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings comrades. Thank you for joining this committee. I hope over they ears we can work to make the world a better place."

"As far as I can see, the only issue we have to worry about right now is the Kushan. I definitely think we should take some action in their defence. I have two proposals;"

1) We donate our shards for this season to the Kushan to help them protect their people and rebuild their nation.

2) We move our forces into the Kushan Empire, and defend them against attacks.

"What do you think of these ideas?"
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-09-17 at 12:30 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Scandinavian Union

Defense Committee [8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would prefer the former option, if possible. Our Forces are tired and weary of fighting in far-out locations; and deserve some time to rest and recover.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Grim to The Kushan Empire
    So, do you want to surrender, or do you want us to get serious? Frankly, there are better contracts, so we'd like to hurry this up.

To the Canadian Federal Imperium
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would you be intrested in a joint research project? We're thinking of exploring several of the other wavelengths from our radios.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Hawaii
    Defense Commitee (8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am afraid Hawaii will be unable to help in either capacity next turn due to prior commitments. However in the spirit of mutual commitment to peace that this organization is based upon, we pledge to nonetheless devote resources equal to consensus toward committee peacekeeping projects over the next 2 year (4 turn) period.

EoTRS (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Have you, Exalted One, made satisfactory use of our contribution to your goals? I fear our contract with the Grim is concluding, and if you accept our humble advice you would see to ensuring that your affairs are in order for their departure. May we in any manner be of aid to you in the years to come?

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Ethiopa/Saloa [13]
    Spoiler
    Show

''With the recent attack by the PRA and the damage the caused, it's clear Portugal lacks strength to rebuild the nation. We ask for your assistance. If you put down the insurrection and assist in the rebuilding effort, the rebel's Oblivion Shard Mine and all of its output will be given to you.''

''We also urge you to reconsider your stance towards the Nigerian Warlords. They have proven as reliable and trustworthy mercenaries. Perhaps you should seek a way of alliance with them through peaceful cultural integration. We can assist in such efforts as a mediator.''

Roman Empire [13]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We are concerned with the growth of power of Azetlan Empire. They've grown strong with their conquests in North America. This means they'll be able to support Spain in conquering our nation and then present a threat to you. Will you act against Azetlan, if they try to expand their power in Europe?''

Spain [13]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We've managed to coexist peacefully for many years now. I propose to formalize this peace with a non-aggression pact.''

DUS/Canada

''Portugal has always being sympathetic to DUS. Can you tell us, when its sovereignty will be restored?''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To Hawaii
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would you be intrested in a joint project? It's based off our radio technology.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288

AssassinGuy

Canada
    morale: 9

To The Grim
    Spoiler
    Show

we are sorry, but given your recent campaign of brutality we do not want to be seen associating with you. Also as of now our borders are closed to the Grim. Your people will not be allowed entry.

To PRA
    Spoiler
    Show

Portugal still has significant resources and the ability to build up faster than we can due to the additional pits from their conquest. We will unfortunately be using our Pits to build up our shattered military forces for the foreseeable future until they reach pre-war levels. Should the issue still be around after that we will of course help.

On the DUS (Open message)
    Spoiler
    Show

We have recently received questions about the fate of the DUS. Unfortunately the DUS will not be becoming a sovereign nation anytime soon, unless there are major diplomatic changes. In the peace agreement with the PRA they insisted that they would keep the conqured land, and the land from hawaii does not posess any pits, which would make a sovereign nation unsustainable. As such the DUS will not become its own nation in the forseeable future.

To Alaska, Altzan, Spain
    Spoiler
    Show

Are any of you willing to contribute military forces (or shards) towards a military campaign against Portugal?

For too long have they threatened the world with their mindless campaign of conquest. I say we take the opportunity to get rid of them.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Portugal

Canada/DUS

''DUS were you loyal ally. You claim they don't deserve independence, since they lost their Shard Pits, in a war, where they came to your defence. Their soldiers gave lives for Canadian freedom and independence. Their nation fallen, when they left it defenceless to come to your aid. I would have thought you would insist on a peace agreement, that would honour their dead or lend production of some of your own Shard Pits. So this is the fate of Canadian allies. To be used and then discarded, when they have outlived their usefulness.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

To the Grim
    Spoiler
    Show
    Normally we are highly amenable to joint research projects, however we must conclude existing work on supply line improvements and are already examining another joint research project, if that falls through we will inform you.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The PRA officially closes it's borders to the Grim.

To the Free Quebec nation, the Magnetic Research Institute, the Majapahit, the Satavahana Empire, Spain, the Moroccan Emirates, the Roman Empire, the Socialist Republic of Australia, and the Mechaneer Union [9]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The people of the Kushan Empire are suffering horrendously from these Grim Attacks. The PRA has decided to contribute the entirety of our shards for this season, to help the Kushan people find some relieve from the carnage."

"We would ask, as a noble nation, if you are willing to do the same?"
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-09-17 at 02:20 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292

AssassinGuy

Canada

Canada closes its borders to the Grim

To Portugal (open message)

"Of course you would make up lies about our position. It wouldn't be the first time that something like this has happened. After all wasn't it you who forged the orders that started this war in the first place?

Of course we feel that the people of the DUS deserve to have their own country. We honor their sacrifice, however we cannot stop political realities. Simply put a nation cannot remain entirely dependant on another for an extended period of time. In practice - if not in name - they would have already lost their sovereignty in such a situation. And being entirely reliant on Canadian aid would impose such a situation. Incorporating them into the Canadian government until such a time as it is possibble to make them a fairly self sufficient nation is simply the only viable solution. We sincerely wish that something else had happened, however it is the PRA that conquered them.

If you really cared about the state of the DUS - as opposed to just spouting slander about Canada - you would complain to the PRA as they possess both the majority of the territory and both of the DUS pits. They are the only ones that can reconstitute the DUS at the current moment. Should they agree to reconstitute them then of course the former DUS territory we hold will be given back to the newly formed government. With this you demonstrate that you do not actually care, about anyone but yourselves.

Furthermore if you had actually cared about the DUS then perhaps you should have intervened personally and attacked the PRA in retaliation for an attack on the DUS? I mean you started the war that caused their current state (or lack therof). You are far more responsible for their state then us, so do not attempt to claim the moral high ground. You couldn't even see the high ground from the moral pit you are currently in.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Portugal

DUS/Canada

''Slander? What lies have we spoken? You are supposed to be an ally of DUS. They have sacrificed for your independence. You haven’t considered giving them independence, preferring to extend your control over their territory.''

''The people of DUS weren’t given voice of whether they wish to be ’’incorporated’’ into your government. Maybe they’d agree, maybe not. But you clearly haven’t even considered giving them this choice. What are those things called, to give public a choice in democratic nations? Referendums, I think. Well, you probably never heard about them in Canada.''

''You say we are selfish for not protecting DUS. Well, we are sympathetic to them, but we don’t have obligations an ally would have. By the same logic, shouldn't you be attacking Grim for their actions, since you clearly find their actions despicable, as your recent closing of the borders indicates.''

''Would PRA even listen to us, when they brazenly violoate our territory and attack our troops, when it suits them. And really how can we act to support DUS, when there are rumours circulating, that Canada plans to wage war on us. Before we aid DUS, we must protect our own people. And if those rumours are true, wouldn’t it mean that Canada has will and resources to fight against us, but not to aid their ally?''

''As for your slander about us provoking the war in North America, that’s just that. Malicious slander. We wouldn’t have even been involved there, if somebody with a considerable espionage core, didn’t switch orders for my generals.''

24. - Top - End - #294

AssassinGuy

Canada

To Portugal

And yet again you lie against us. We provided proof that you forged the orders that started the war. You have provided none, and as such we are forced to conclude that you are merely lying about that.

And if you really want the DUS to exist so badly then perhaps you should offer to provide the shards to support them. After all you did create the situation that caused their demise.

As to the referendum we will be holding one later this year to confirm that the people of the DUS want to have the temporary state of affairs continued. We merely find it incredibly unlikely that they would want to remain independent when their economy would so obviously fail exceedingly quickly. Don't make random accusations against us. As we have stated you do not hold the high ground. After all I bet the people of Kenyuganda didn't want to be incorporated either. Clean up your own record before you insult us.
    Last edited by hydroplatypus; 2012-09-17 at 03:43 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Portugal

''We won’t argue over your lies and forgeries. We were victims in North American War, used as pawns by both powers, yet you cast us as villains.''

''Your attempts to deflect the issue and claims about who stands on higher moral ground in hell are amusing. ’’I’ve killed less than some, therefore I’m innocent, says the murderer.''

''Ah, what a Referendum. If people of DUS don't vote in favor of joining you, their economy would collapse without aid, that you should be offering freely, as their ally. A quaint blackmail to ensure their votes go the right way.''

''Very well. We will take up you on your offer. Let it be known, that the King of Portugal, many things We may be, first and foremost, is a man of honour. We won’t stand to see injustices and not act. If you stop your occupation of the DUS and allow them to hold elections and regain their sovereignty, We will provide Oblivion Shards to sustain them.''

26. - Top - End - #296

AssassinGuy

Canada

To Altzan, Alaska, Spain
    Spoiler
    Show

What do you think of the PRA's offer? I think that delaying it until we can have a referendum is a good decision. Also the option of simply getting rid of them is still on the table if anyone wants to recommend that, although it is looking significantly less attractive.

27. - Top - End - #297

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Scandinavian Union

The Scandinavian Union formally closes its borders to the Grim.

To the Grim
    Spoiler
    Show
    From Space, you see no borders. From Space all you see is the world, a beautiful marble surrounded by blackness. Made more beautiful by the knowledge that on that marble, people with their own beauty and lives continue from day to day.
    And now.
    You have ended millions of those lives.
    You have decreased the beauty on this one, unique world.
    Whatever happened to Space?
    Last edited by ragingrage; 2012-09-17 at 04:53 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To Arcanestomper
    Spoiler
    Show
    What will my relations with the DUS be like if gave them their shard pits back?

What about If I keep the pits, but give them the shards every-turn to keep them alive?

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Hawaii to Ethiopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now that Kenuganda has become the first man made ghost country I wish to relocate our liaison house to your borders to discus the possibilities of a coordinating research in more detail. Given that my current liaison house witnessed Kenuganda becoming the world's first ghost country I wonder if you would like a new liaison house?
    -Northstar, Head of the House of Sky

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

"You can't be serious. Have the international standards for negotiation fallen so much, that a tyrannical state can offer a public bribe to ensure it's own survival?"

"Lets all be perfectly clear here, this argument has absolutely nothing to do with preventing injustice, or improving the lives of civilians. The populace of the Democratic Union of States aren't even involved. They all rest comfortably in my lands, enjoying the fourth highest public welfare in the entire world."

"The power base that exists outside the PRA's territories is simply that. Power. No civilian benefits if that power is allowed to continue existing. Only governments do, in this case, only the Canadian Federal Imperium and their allies."

"What Portugal is offering is nothing short of a bare-faced bribe. They grant Canada the shards to allow them to continue using the DUS power for their own means, and in exchange Portugal escapes the rightful punishment for their crimes."

"Frankly, if Canada does not refuse this offer outright, it will be clear proof that they are nothing but another power-hungry tyrant."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-09-17 at 05:50 PM.