1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: TW: Shards of War (IC)

Russia

to the grim
    Spoiler
    Show
    despite your recent brutality i would like to meet and discuss a potential job i have for you.

Defense Commitee
    Spoiler
    Show
    i will send some shards to the region. my army is still fighting the rebels in Austria.

to EoTRS
    Spoiler
    Show
    would you be willing to send a representitive to Moscow? i have something i would like to discuss.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To The Scandinavian Union
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll be there soon, but we've always been suprised by something you people hold. Just what makes a human life so valuble? In all honesty, other then as workers, warriors or sages that the leader commands, of their own people, what value do they have? A fish is food. A cow is food. A mine is resources. A farm is food. One who is not of us? They are those who will turn on us sooner or later, so better to kill them off before they get stronger then we are. And do you not know? There is no peace admist the stars, only the laughter of thristing gods.

To Russia
    Spoiler
    Show
    What do you want to hire us for?
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

3. - Top - End - #303
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caliphate of Ethiopia

Official Press Statement to the World:
    We would like to announce that Caliphate of Ethiopia from this day on considers the southern half of the Arabian Peninsula as part of it's nation and is willing to defend it's claims there. Our new borders are slightly to the south and to the east of Mecca, thus leaving that city free for those of the Muslim faith.

Additionally we are proud to say that we have never opened our borders to the Grim to begin with.

Comments on the conflict between Canada and Portugal:

I must say that I agree with King Jose here. Although his angry verbal attacks against Canada are almos as unbecoming to him as Canadas responses are for them.
    The truth is that while his recent expansionism does not put him on a high moral ground in this particular matter, he has been honest about his intentions.
    And only because a state doesn't have hades pits, and thus no recources to be a major player in global politics, that doesn't mean they are not worthy of living on their ancestral homeland. I do not say that the PRA should return that which they gained by conquest, but it does seem kind of cowardly that Canada did not as much as try to negotiate for any concessions at all towards their unfortunate allies, only caring to save their own hides from this pointless war.
    Heh, at least they didn't leave their allies in the hands of human sacrificing monsters like a certain other nation in this war did.

To the PRA:
    (Def.Esp.15 but 0 for Portugal, Saloa, Russia, Hawaii, Scandinavia)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes. That last comment was directed towards you. You talk of fighting injustice in the world, but let your staunch allies in the hands of those despicable Atzlan. Instead you meddle in affairs you have no idea of. Which, to be frank, was also pretty obvious the last time your forces were in Africa, although we were lucky that you were on our site.
    We had the situation finally under control, after much investing and a lot of negotiation, but then you come unanounced and act as the final straw to make the Kenyugadans abandon all hope and flee their own homes.
    All that made me decide to decline your invitation into this council of yours personally.
    -Caliph Abudjib Odesmaha Umenei III of Ethiopia

To the Kheranic Republic of Saloa:
    (Def.Esp.15)
    Spoiler
    Show
    First of all I wish to express my sincerest apologies for the neglect of our joint research project. It was a mistake and gross miscalculation on our part that set back our efforts just before the end. Please accept this gift of [1 Morale] in assets as an apology. [Will be sent a next EoT].

But on to different matters: We of course agree that we shouldn't join the PRAs alliance, especially after the last fiasco in Kenyuganda. We believe however that each of us should decline personally with what ever reasons we see fit to express. But what should be our reaction to the charity drive for the Kushan nation in far Asia. Kheran teaches charitability and humility, so a small donation should be the least we can do. It is not, however, my place to lecture you about Gods will as clearly there is no nation with such a devout leader as His Excellency Samubai Imikheras.

I also believe that it would be time to re-open diplomatic contacts with Australia and let them know that we harbor no further ill will against them. I would volunteer to do the talking as long as we both agree that an amicable or at least neutral relationship with them is what we both want. Maybe we could even start trading with them one day.

By the way, I have been contacted about a joint research project with Hawaii regarding a way to combat the Acherium Blight and expect to invest funding for [4 Research] over the next years. Would you care to join such a project?
    {OOC: I expect that there is only 2 more Research needed to get the previous project finished as you said. So if we both invest 1 we can use the rest for something else. Please tell me I am mistaken because there are random number generators involved or something.}

Lastly, I would like to know what your vision for the future is and how I could be of assistance. Now that it is clear that Portugal harbors no ill will against us there should be nothing standing between us and we can fully cooperate again.

May God watch over us both, my honorable friend.
    -Dela Nar Umenei, Minister of Foreign Affairs.

P.S.: Am I correct with the assumption that your intelligence assets haven't expanded since our treaty regarding it?

To Hawaii:
    (Def.Esp.15)
    Spoiler
    Show
    {Edited due to taking too long to notice the last few posts}

What happened in Kenyuganda is a tragedy and although the PRAs unannounced attack was the last straw, we do not claim to not have had our part in this development. The Caliph himself is allocating our recouces at the best of our ability to give the Kenyugandans hope of returning home in peace one day. Until then, he will probably be given administrative rights by Portugals king, who now too realized that it is hard to govern from such a distance and with so many other problems plagueing him.
    On a more cheerful note, is the offer for the joint project on neutralizing the damage of Acherium still open? If yes, I want to inform you that I would be able to invest [4 Research] and that I also expect my close ally, the Kheranic Republic of Saloa, to invest in this endeavor. They are just as interested in combating that vile blight as we are.
    To be honest, I expect most nations to be interested in this charitable research, as it benefits all of humanity these days. So expect for some nations (specifically the Atzlan Hegemony) I would be willing to work together with researchers all around the world.
    However, I believe it would be best to conduct the research on religiously neutral ground, as to not upset any of the more devout researchers from any faction.
    God bless you.

To the Roman Empire:
    (Def.Esp.9)
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the great Emperor [Insert name here].

I wish to send my personal congratulations to your decisive victory.
    Additionally I want to inform you that those many African refugees that recently came into your empire hail from the nation of Kenyuganda. I regret to say that recent events have made them abandon their homes for better fortune elsewhere, but would be very happy if an announcement reaches them that soon the wars will have come to an end and that I will personally make sure that they have any help they need, should they ever wish to return and resettle their ancestral homeland.

May God guide and protect your children on their future path.
    -Caliph Abudjib Odesmaha Umenei III

To Portugal (and Saloa):
    (Def.Esp.13)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Resistance still operates a Hades Pit?! How is that possible after all this time? And why didn't you inform us?
    You are right. You clearly are incapable of rebuilding or managing that nation. The same seems true for your own army if I am to be honest.
    If I am to reconstruct and administrate the whole nation, why don't you just officially relinquish the land to me, with exeption of the one Hades Pit you did manage to control?
    I mean that as an honest offer. I govern the land, extinguish the Resistance and try to rebuild the country and get it's people to be willing to return to it again in peace, and as a sign of good faith and continued positive relations between us you will get a regular shipment of [1 shard] every 6 months. After all that seems to be what you care most about.
    If you fear that this would be a humiliation, just announce to your populace that you have placed me, your ally, to govern your far off African holdings and that I pay regular tribute for that privilege. I would have no problem for the world at large to see our arangement as exactly that. After all we are allies now, are we not?

About the Nigerians, if they lay down their weapons, accept God and Kheran as his prophet and integrate themselves into the Caliphate as proper citizen they will be welcomed with open arms. That is true for all African people and I will soon make an announcement regarding that.

I hope our cooperation will continue and that God blesses it to be fruitful for the both of us.

P.S.: To the Saloans: If you have anything to add and are now willing to support my work in Kenyuganda I would be happy and greatful.

-Caliph Abudjib Odesmaha Umenei III

African lands around Ethiopia:

Boat-like hovercraft float over the borders of the Caliphate to act as speedy couriers on it's behalf. They announce this declaration to anyone they encounter:

"Anyone who is peacefully willing to accept God and Kheran as his prophet, and submit themselves to the Caliph will be welcomed with open arms and be integrated into the Caliphate to soon become full citizen with all the rights and privileges that entails. No matter how poor you are, you will be fed, no matter your previous mistakes you will be forgiven, if just you repent your ways. We are all people of Africa, and brothers in the eyes of God Allmighty.

The hovercraft will return with anyone on board who wishes to join them, giving families with children a priority.
    {OOC: I will of course put at least 1 Military and a bit of Morale aside for this in the next EoT}

To the Moroccan Emirates:
    (Def.Esp.15)
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the Emirs of Morocco:
    Revered Emirs, I know that there has been little contact between our respective nations. Although our religious doctrines have their differences and some of them may seem quite large, in the end we both do believe in one true God who guides and protects us. In that I think we are quite rare. The world is dominated by paganists and agnostics for all that I have been able to concern. And Christianity, which the Spanish and the Mechaneer follow, although still similar, is quite different from our two respective religions. And us three, including the Kheranic Republic of Saloa, are all deeply devout people, hardened by the African sun. So I believe we have much more in common than one would think.

My letter comes with two purposes:
    First, we want to make sure that you don't misunderstand our landgrab as a threat to your holy city. We know what an insult it is to have people of a different religion to occupy ones holy lands and we have purposely left Mecca to you and all those who share your faith. We just wish to restore the lands below and expand there, as no one else has shown any interest in doing so.
    Second, I believe that trade, diplomatic relations and limited cultural exchange could benefit us all and eventuall we could form alliances to collaborate in peaceful endeavors such as research and religious conversations between our spiritual leaders. Of course we would respect each others faith and not try to proselitize the easily impressable populace, but maybe in the future we would learn truths about ourselves that we would never have discovered all on our own. Tell me what you think.
    God is Great.

To the Magnetic Research Institute and the Mechaneer Union:
    (Def.Esp.15)
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the respective ambassadors of the two nations.
    Dear collegues, I represent the Caliphate of Ethiopia.
    My nation has recently found great interest in both research and the scientific state of the world and in the world in general. Therefore I would like to learn more about you. How are you governed? What are your believes and ideals? What has troubled you recently? What are your interests and achievements in the world of science?
    Of course it would be impolite to ask all that if we don't provide you with the same information, so I will tell you all the basics about my nation.
    The Caliphate of Ethiopia is the inheritor of Kherans great empire. As Kheranists we believe that he was the last true prophet of God and that all humans are created equal, with no one being the property of another. In case you would like to know more about our religion I have added Kherans Holy Manifest to this package. Of course we do not wish to impose our religion on you in any.
    Although we are all siblings in the eyes of God, the Caliph rules us as Kherans steward on earth. His family, the Umenei dynasty, has proven to be the true successors of Kheran in worldly matters and recently Abudjib Umenei III has ascended to the throne by virtue, blood and merit. For more details I have added books of old and recent history to the package too.
    Lastly, with regards to our next scientific projects, we are hoping to soon start a large multinational and multifaith project of finding ways to combat all the different kinds of polution of the element Acherium. It is such an important recource, but so damaging to the environment and the people. Additionally, as a sign of good faith, I hae added the recipe to the fuel alloy we have been using a while now. It is the most efficient one we could come up with.
    I greatly look forward to your response.

May God bless you and your families.

To GM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Even though I mentioned the Saloans several times separately, they may still read all messages I send and recieve as per treaty.
    Last edited by Rafinius; 2012-09-17 at 09:51 PM.

Current Status: Awake

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

Shards of War: The Caliphate of Ethiopa. Faithful inheritor of Kherans godly empire.

Broken City: Orc Uprising. Liberated Orcs that want to build a new life at the outskirts of Sav Altulas.

Voyage: Free Folk - Green Star. Your friendly neighbourhood anarchist pirate community.

[Defunct]
    Warhammer 40k: Gronarks Band. Kunning Blood Axe Warband.

GMT +2

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Hawaii to Ethiopia (15)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The offer is open indeed, I can contribute 8 research and some useful starting information, with your listed exception all partners would be welcome except Portugal, because for reasons that will become obvious I don't trust them to use our research for the good of others. Your suggestion of neutral ground is a good one, do you have any suggestions? On other matters, my emissaries are not generally researchers, the duties of an emissary house are to learn the local culture while also promoting our own, engage in trade, and serve as a secure line of confidence to their host government, activities that were sadly insufficient in Kenuganda. The Caribbean is perhaps the other truly regrettable incident in our recent foreign relations. We were besieged by Portugal and unable to come to their aid in time.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Peoples Republic of America

To the Caliphate of Ethiopia [15]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "If you want to break off our friendship, and go on a power binge, don't **** well lie to me and pretend to have the moral high-ground."

"Five years ago you launched an unprovoked invasion of Madagascar. You made it perfectly clear at the beginning of the conflict, you felt threatened, and just wanted to secure Madagascar's mainland territory. But that was a complete bare-faced lie. After thousands of our people died to aid you, for no benefit of our own, you didn't even give us a note of recognition. Instead you immediately invaded the rest of Madagascar."

"I see now I was an idiot to trust you. You were motivated by nothing more than racial hatred, and lust for power."

"It's that same lust for power that got you involved with Kenyuganda, which served as your excuse, so you could once again fail to compensate us for helping you, by sending your troops against Canada."

"And now your racial hatred materialises again, directed at the Aztlan. How convenient for you! Where was that hatred when I was fighting a war against them, and you failed to take anything more than a paltry effort to damage them?"

"It is entirely your fault the Caribbean is now in their hands. Don't pretend to care when you never brought this up once during any of the negotiations. The world doesn't have time for racists any-more. Yes, the Aztlan used to sacrifice people. Times have changed. Not everyone who doesn't worship your god is evil."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-09-17 at 07:12 PM.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ethiopia to Hawaii:
    (Def.Esp.15)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are currently trying to get several factions to participate. Amongst them are the Magnetic Research Institute, whom I believe are not so concerned with religious matters and should hopefully be able to provide a neutral and tolerant working environment. In addition to that they have never been involved in a war and are also pretty unknown on the political field.
    Also, now that we have decided to collaborate, how about we trade the technologies we talked about a few months ago? I must admit, one of them is a weapon. But the other technology is a pretty useful and basic one.
    I will sent you the blueprints and some samples for both and hope that you send us all we need for the flight technology you talked about.
    {OOC: I guess the actual tech trading happens at EoT, but fluff it as if you would get samples already I guess. What I have is Phlegentium Conflagrators that heat up the air infront of them enough to set most burnable things on fire in a second, like a superhot flamethrower with very low fuel requirements. And an efficient fuel alloy (elements are metals) of phlegentium and basic oblivion shards.}

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

Shards of War: The Caliphate of Ethiopa. Faithful inheritor of Kherans godly empire.

Broken City: Orc Uprising. Liberated Orcs that want to build a new life at the outskirts of Sav Altulas.

Voyage: Free Folk - Green Star. Your friendly neighbourhood anarchist pirate community.

[Defunct]

GMT +2

7. - Top - End - #307
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Canada

To PRA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Our stance on the offer depends on our position. Should we be in a position where we can attack Portugal with little chance of losing we will take it, however if not we may as well accept the money, as it gets us our ally back.

As your recent talks with ethiopia (don't look so surprised, we look over everyone's communications) show there seem to be two main groups of nations in the world. The American nations and our allies that - despite our recent war - actually care about the welfare of the world, and the Portugese and their allies. The other nations don't really have a power block and are minding their own business for the most part.

You have seen how this power block reacts, only using others for their own goals. Ethiopia has shown this to you if your response is any indication. Portugal showed the world this a long time ago, but international will wasn't there to stop them. Now My alliance has previously said that they would be willing to go after Portugal. however we may not be sufficient based on what allies they bring. Russia has large military forces, and ethiopia (and maybe the other african states) may also help. If your forces were to join ours in order to get rid of the portugese in a massive mainland attack we might conquor them before their allies get there.

Here is even a convenient excuse for siding with us: with the peace you have ordered your agents to review the evidence we presented, and found that yes indeed Portugal did forge the orders. If you doubt us actually perform the investigation, it will reach that conclusion.

Also see if you can convince Russia not to intervene, as you have much better relations than I do. If they do not intervene and you do then victory is all but guaranteed.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Russia

to Grim[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    in exchange for me trying to improve your REP would you be willing to assist my 7 ESP in tracking down and eliminating rebel leaders within Austria? the resistance has been a thorn in my side for too long.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ethiopia to PRA:
    (Def.Esp.15)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Let me set some facts clear here.
    Five years ago my ally launched the invasion to retake our holy lands just a few years of recuperating after overthrowing Saloas corrupt king. I joined him immediatelly of course. These holy lands had been taken by the Kingdom of Madagascar during the chaos of the great war not so many years ago.
    It was the plan from the very beginning to make sure something like that would never happen again, by breaking the infedel kingdom and absorbing it, as holy Kheran had intended hundreds of years ago.
    After the first invasion attempt you intervened from the other side of the world, having no idea about the conflict and its history.
    Now here all I know is what the Kheranic Republic told me, as they did the actual negotiations with you. As you see it is them now who control most of Madagascar.
    As I was informed, after you had been told that we were in the middle of reclaiming our recently conquered holy lands and that you shouldn't interfere, you decided to break the blockade you had built up in your vain attempt of policing the world, and instead started aiding us against our enemies. Who were we to decline your help.
    Of course, once we had the mainland under our control we continued to neutralize the threat once and for all. You decided to not aid us any longer, but did not complain over our course of action until one of your rivals spoke up about your hypocrisy.
    I was sick till shortly before our invasion of the island until God himself blessed me with renewed vigor.
    Even though I had no idea on the reasoning behind your involvment and was pretty convinced that your justifications for invading Canada were sketchy at best, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and supported your efforts for a year, albeit in a very minor way. After all our war hadn't even finished yet.

Saying that my motivations are those of racial hatred is a bigger insult than you can imagine. God created all men and women of all races equal. Our war with Madagascar was a holy crusade and I will not have it defamed by you.
    And my involvment in the Kenyuganda crisis was purely for the people there. After the corrupt and oppresive communist government there was removed from power I finally tried to get them back to their traditional roots, without escalating the conflict with Portugal. I never tried to gain any of their recources for myself.

Even though you insulted me four times in this letter, I will still apologize.
    I was angry that you continued to act as if you were the worlds police force and wanted to put you down a nodge, deliberately not caring of hiding my letter from those nations that had both a neutral or positive relation with me and were involved in your affairs.
    It was petty and I believe that my allies will hold it against me for years to come.
    And if it is true that the Atzlan traditions of human sacrifice are a thing of the past, then I was misinformed and will publicly apologize to them for it. This is the first time I have heard that they do not in fact do that anymore and it would be great news indeed if it is to be true.
    After all, if we thought that anyone who doesn't worship our god was evil, we would regard everyone as evil, which I assure you is not the case. Regretably our religion is not spread very much outside of the southern half of Africa.

May God protect your citizen and mine, from the storms of war.
    -Abudjib Odesmaha Umenei III

{OOC: All that fluffy backround information I am getting from the wiki and from what I remember from when I read all three topics involving this game before applying to it. But most of it is findable on the wiki, except for religious fluff which is almost none and I am mostly making up as I go. I am saying this out of fairness because the wiki version is far less one-sided . Madagascar almost seems like a decent bunch there.}
    Last edited by Rafinius; 2012-09-17 at 09:18 PM.

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

[Defunct]

GMT +2

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Hawaii to Ethiopia (15):
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is acceptable. If you plan to send both technologies, would you also be interested in some manuals on advanced exploration? If not, we would be interested in any other interests you develop.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To Russia (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll do it.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ethiopia to Hawaii:
    (Def.Esp.15)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are interested in any knowledge you are willing to give us. And of course we will send you both of our technologies. You are teaching us how to fly after all. We almost were afraid that our little tidbits would be deemed unworthy for trade.

Ethiopia to the Atzlan Hegemony:
    (Def.Esp.15)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have been informed that there have been some pretty substantial religious reforms regarding your ancient traditions. Is that true? And if yes, what is the extend of these reforms, when and how did they happen, how does your populace feel about them and what was the reasoning behind undertaking the reform?
    I apologize for this brusk questioning, but these are matters of utmost importance to our nation and answering them may increase our diplomatic stance greatly.

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

[Defunct]

GMT +2

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Hawaii to Ethiopia (15)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have neither need nor reason to be stingy, of course we will send both technologies.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ethiopia To Hawaii (15):
    Spoiler
    Show
    What a great pleasure it is to work with you .
    Now I only hope that the factions I contacted are amicable to the idea of a multinational research program. For the record, I contacted the Kheranic Republic of Saloa, the Magnetic Research Institute and the Mecaneer Union.
    We are also thinking of asking the Morrocan Emirates, if our first diplomatic contact is recieved positively. They are rumored to be pretty seclusive. Feel free to include anyone else of course, but I hope that you don't throw us or any of our allies out in favor of someone who dislikes us.

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

[Defunct]

GMT +2

15. - Top - End - #315
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aztlan Hegemony
    Morale: 16

King Itzcoatl IV officially closes the Hegemony's borders to the Grim. He also announces that the Aztlan will be unveiling a major technological breakthrough of theirs to the public within the coming months.

To Ethiopia (Def Esp 15)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I'm not exactly sure what you mean. The Aztlan haven't changed their practices since the beginning of the game. The blurb I wrote when you asked in the OOC thread is still correct. Or it is at least correct as far as I am aware. My actions in EoT may have led to other beliefs. The only change (in the sense of addition to game lore, not an actual in-game alteration of the belief system) I can think of are that my own soldiers too wounded to be patched back up on the campaign trail are sacrificed as an honorable end to their service, as well as (I think) opposing forces I capture. I wrote a paragraph or so on the battle plan of the Aztlan but it appears I no longer have a copy of it.

OOC Post Here

To Canada, Alaska, Spain (Def Esp 9)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The asking for aid to Kushan? I see no reason to do such a thing. Providing relief will do little to solve their issues. Only eliminating the Grim and Empire of Resplendent Sun would cure their woes. Or do you mean Portugal's offer of shards to restore the DUS?

To Hawaii (Def Esp 18)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Considering the two of our nations each have claims in South America, I was hoping we could establish some precedence for future expansions from our settled lands. I hope to avoid the two of us resorting to military actions to resolve any territorial disputes we may arrive at in the future. Would you agree to a discussion?

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Alaska

To Canada, Spain, Aztlan (19)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are not interested in helping the victims of the Grim by just throwing resources away. If we are going to interfere let us do it right and wage war upon the Grim.

As for Portugal we would be willing to help in a war against them.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2012-09-17 at 09:39 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Canada

To Altzan, Spain, Alaska
    Spoiler
    Show

I was referring to the offer of shards for the DUS.

Anyway, the offer looks worse than before as the PRA is openly against it, but I figured that it would be good to figure out the position of my allies on the two main courses of action vs. Portugal. 1. accept offer, 2. War

If we could definitively win I support war as they are a menace to the world. However they have a defensive pact with Russia, and a great deal of support from the African nations. Additionally the Grim are being hired by Russia, and if Russia joins us they could become a problem.

What are your views.

Edit: I have absolutely no intention of sending aid at the moment. I need my resources to rebuild from the war. I think I worded the last message wrongly.
    Last edited by hydroplatypus; 2012-09-17 at 09:41 PM.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Grim Public Annocement

As we realize that you veiw our actions in trying to eradicate the khemer, we will be heading back to the forzen lands for the time being. And no, we didn't take anything. We will finish any nonagressive contracts we have before going back into isolation.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Hawaii to the Aztlan (19)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We also have no wish for our exploration to lead to war. What did you have in mind?

20. - Top - End - #320

Aztlan Hegemony

To Canada, Alaska, Spain (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You should not accept the offer. The only way for the DUS to come into being again would be the reclamation of its land and Hades Pits, which is unlikely to happen at this time. But war with the Portuguese also sounds like a poor plan. As you've said, they have two nations on their side at this time, all with sizable militaries. Unless we were able to bring a coalition of powers against them, we are unlikely to win without great cost.

To Hawaii (Def Esp 18)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I feel it is proper for me to request that the lands of (modern-day Ecuador, Galapagos Islands, and Northwest-Brazil. Northwest Brazil being defined as the area if you drew a line between my Venezuela and Peru territories) are to be off limits for your colonists as those lie in striking range of the Aztlan heartland. We will be expanding our settlements into those areas as we are able in the coming years. Aside from them, I think the best approach would be for whoever settles the land first to lay claim to it. Provided there are no hostile actions, militarily or covert, to prevent the other party from a fair chance at settlement. Or unless there is prior negotiation as to whether a certain location is to be claimed by either of us.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Russia

Captain Winters and his soldiers quietly surrounded the rebel stronghold in the mountans of Austria-Hungary. it had been a long proccess but the secret police and elite commando's of the Russian Empire had finally discovered it after years of searching. these damn rebels were good, but Russia was better.

they were waiting for the prearranged signal to advance into the fort when all of a sudden a massive series of explosions went off in the general vicinity of the stronghold, causing widespread panic and chaos in the rebel forces that were visable outside. damn show offs and their artillery. Winters muttered, referring to the crews of the Russian battle-walker and tank corp who were a couple miles distant lobbing shells at the pre-sighted targets.

to the Grim[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    good. make sure your agents are anticipating the support of my own agents

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the Canadian Federal Imperium [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I am not confident a surprise attack would take Portugal out completely, or that we could launch it before their allies got into position. Still, if you're fighting for the good of the world, I will join you, we just need another plan of action."

"For now, I think we should consolidate our power. Accept Portugal's offer, restore the DUS. Help me with the rebellions in my land, the DUS can keep all the rebels labs, military, spies. I just want the shard Pit the rebels are holding."

"I'll try to see if I can get Hawaii, Scandinavia and Russia into this larger group. Russia is having a bit of trouble with the rebels in their land, I'm sure they'd appreciate some help with that."

"From there, we can continue recruiting more nations. Send them gifts of shards if necessary. Then we just wait, and respond immediately the next time any nation acts out of line."

To Russia: [8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Canada, Alaska and the Aztlan have formed a group like ours, trying to fight for the good of the world. I think we should work together. What do you say?"

To Scandinavia: [14]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Canada, Alaska and the Aztlan have formed a group like ours, trying to fight for the good of the world. I think we should work together. What do you say?"

To Hawaii: [18]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Canada, Alaska and the Aztlan have formed a group like ours, trying to fight for the good of the world. I know you expressed hatred of the Aztlan before, for their sacrificial rituals, but I believe the world will benefit if we all work together. What do you say?"
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-09-18 at 07:23 AM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Hawaii
    to the Aztlan
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have already began colonizing the Galapagos Islands and they hold equal strategic relevance to us. If you acknowledge our claim to them and the rest of the southwestern coast we will make now moves to acquire the other territory you specified.

to the PRA
    Spoiler
    Show
    coordination would be beneficial, I would be wary of holding the resolutions of this super group as binding.

24. - Top - End - #324

Aztlan Hegemony

To Hawaii (15)
    Spoiler
    Show
    While I am not particularly happy you have a naval port capable of launching attacks on my western coast, I understand that it is also necessary for you to supply your colonies. I will cede my claim to the Islands, and the southwestern coast of the continent. Provided you acknowledge the Aztlan claim to (Ecuador and Northwest Brazil (Venezuela to Peru). I will also probably be aiming to settle the northeast coast of the continent, from Venezuela and along Brazil, but I'm not going to claim that until I actually have the ability to settle it.) And this agreement hinges on neither of us taking actions against the other on the continent. Or hiring others to do so for us. I do not wish to imply you will, however I feel stipulating that is important.

-King Itzcoatl IV

To Luxumbourg (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is your offer of access to other nations non-private messages for 2 Research still ongoing?

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

Luxembourg to Aztlan
    Spoiler
    Show

Sure.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Hawaii to Aztlan
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will not try to gain control of (Ecuador and Northwest Brazil), nor will we hire or incentivize others to do so. We will however also not defend you claims to these areas from other powers acting on their own impulse nor would we expect your people to do so in turn.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Russia-PRA
    Spoiler
    Show
    sure. we can work together

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Portugal to Ethiopia/Slaoa
    Spoiler
    Show

[How resistance has access to Shard Pit or rather subtracts from production was discussed OOC, so I won’t raise this point here.]

''The Warlords in our employ were close to crushing the resistance, before your well-meaning interference. You can hardly blame us for the crisis that you inadvertently prolonged.''

''We are willing to accept your deal. Let us make the arrangement as you propose.''

''As for Nigerian Warlords, We ask that you exercise patience in their conversion, for the choice of personal beliefs can’t be made lightly. A loyalty lightly given is no true loyalty. We say that, while we expect they won’t accept your offer right away, but it’s in our belief that they will eventually find the light with proper guidance. We are prepared to assist you in this. And as for laying down their weapons, certainly taking them away from proud warriors would do nothing, but antagonize them unduly. Wouldn’t be it preferable to turn their righteous guns against such unrepentant and unwilling unbelievers, who can’t be converted with word alone?''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ethiopia to Portugal
    Spoiler
    Show
    It pleases me that we are seeming to agree on the resolution to this crisis. I will make sure that the communist guerrila has no hold anymore and then begin the peaceful repopulation of this land.
    Regarding the Nigerian Warlords, you may have misunderstood me. I currently have no plans of invading their homes or hunting them down outside of my jurispundence, as long as I do not catch them terrorizing anyone else. If they return to be tribes of Nigeria they can rule themselves and keep their dear weapons, and if all those who are proud warriors, as you call them, decide to quarrel with others of their kind out of their own will, who am I to interfere.
    You asked me about integrating them and I told you what it would take for me and my people to consider that.
    Let us pray that God approves of our plans, now and in the future.
    -Caliph Abudjib Odesmaha Umenei III of Ethiopia

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

[Defunct]

GMT +2

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the Aztlan, Alaska, Canada, Hawaii and Russia [8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Russia and Canada have agreed to join this... group. We will need a name for it at some point, but that's a minor point."

"Now, we need a plan of action."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-09-20 at 05:35 PM.