New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: TW: Shards of War (IC)

...The emperor is busy conducting inspections of our holdings in Austria-Hungary, particularly the former rebel strongholds. good for morale, you understand...he is dismayed that he could not make it, but such is life i suppose. General Brador said to the caliph, after a brief pause.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Ah yes, I understand. Greet him from me, will you? It is nice to know that no rebels disturb this worldwide peace anymore. Truth be told, I never learned what the Austro-Russian war was about. Do you care to tell me a bit about it?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: If you don't feel like talking about fluff just tell me to assume that the General and the Caliph are chatting until something else happens. You can also ask me something that you want to know if you like .
    Last edited by Rafinius; 2012-11-10 at 02:53 AM.

Current Status: Awake

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

Shards of War: The Caliphate of Ethiopa. Faithful inheritor of Kherans godly empire.

Broken City: Orc Uprising. Liberated Orcs that want to build a new life at the outskirts of Sav Altulas.

Voyage: Free Folk - Green Star. Your friendly neighbourhood anarchist pirate community.

[Defunct]
    Warhammer 40k: Gronarks Band. Kunning Blood Axe Warband.

GMT +2

3. - Top - End - #453
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Canada
    morale: 10

The Feast

President Bennett arrives at the feast with a few aides, being a little bit overshadowed by the other nations. That was of course the plan. Given the recent wars that had caused such damage to the nation Canada wanted to stay out of the public eye as much as possible. He ahd come here to see where everyone stood with respect to each other, and discreetly sent his aides to mingle with the guests, to see what the situation was. You could learn more than most would think at a party.

To Hawaii (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

We said that we would take a better paying offer should it come up. One has. As such we will be fulfilling that contract for the next (turn), and possibly longer. While we do not wish to disappoint you this is how things work.

P.S. Should you want your contract to take priority at some future point try offering shards, as opposed to research. While we will accept research if no better contracts are available we prefer shards.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Our war with Austria was brought on by the attrocities they commited during the great war, all those years ago. I assure you, our response was perfectly justified... the general said, still watching his daughter out of the corner of his eye. almost as an afterthought, he added Did Ethiopia take part in the war? If you did, then I dont recall much mention of your exploits...

5. - Top - End - #455
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aztlan Hegemony
    Morale: 17

To the Committee (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I support the name change as well.

I also agree that we should work to distance ourselves from Luxembourg.

However, I think that this Committee should discuss the matter of the alliance of the DUS, the Free Quebec Nation, the Magnetic Research Institute, the Stavahana Empire, and the Majapahit. They formed such a union as a direct counter to our own, and I find that somewhat ominous.

To Canada (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Primarily for Arcane's sake, and for whoever can actually read PMs.

Confirmation of following exchanges:
    3 Shards from Aztlan for all of Canada's ESP to search my South American holdings for Hades Pits.
    2 Research from Aztlan for access to foreign power's messages. (Do you have enough ESP to spy on everyone?)

To Luxembourg (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thank you for the services you have provided the Hegemony for this past year, but I no longer require them.

OOC: I will not be continuing our exchange of 2 Research for access to other powers' messages for this EoT, or for the foreseeable future.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Peoples Republic of America

President Kipling arrives at the feast alone, wearing a simple white silken suit. Her long red hair is loose, adorned with a single blue flower, matching the scarf around her neck.

Keen to do something productive, she takes a look around the room, wondering if a representative from the Empire of the Resplendent Sun was present.

7. - Top - End - #457

AssassinGuy

Canada
    morale: 10

To Altzan/GM (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

deals are confirmed

We don't have the ESP to spy on absolutely everyone yet, but certainly most (anything with D.ESP<21) Given that we plan to increase our abilities they shouldn't remain beyond us for too long especially with the growth promised by the shards you are sending us.

OOC: everyone's D.ESP seems to have gone up massively this turn. last I think only 1 or 2 nations were beyond my ability.

To GM: I have sent far too many PMs to you this turn, So I am notifying you of the change to my EOT in here instead of in a PM. Changes: forward messages with <21 D.ESP to Altzan. Updating this to my current ESP each turn.
    Last edited by hydroplatypus; 2012-11-10 at 05:23 PM.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

8. - Top - End - #458
    Dwarf in the Playground

Great Feast
    In order of appearance
    Russia:
    "Not in Europe, no. We did have some minor disputes with the Ottoman Empire, but those were cut short when the Romans and the Mongols decided to use said Empire as their main battlefield. Then there was of course the communist coup in Kenyuganda and the conquest of Holy Zimbabwe by the Madagascari, but you surely already know all about those. Oh look who came! The worlds most famous newly weds. Let's go greet them."
    With that the Caliph and his wife walked over to the Kaiserin and the Duke.

Mechaneer Union (Luxembourg, eh?):
    "Congratulations to your marriage. Your love must have been a great boon for the good of the Union." Although the Caliph looked at both of them, he seemed to be mostly adressing Kaiserin Karola. It was untraditional that the conversation was to go mostly cross gender but in these modern times it seemed most appropriate for the rulers to adress each other and for their spouses to gossip about whatever was in their interest.
    "Dear Kaiserin, did you ever have to deal with illegitimate rebels? I and the good General Brador here had just been talking about it, and the lingering effects of the first great war in general."
    As the Caliph continued to involve the two European rulers in Geopolitical smalltalk, Calipha Mariah El Umenei pulled Duke Albert to the side.
    To Luxembourg [PM]:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "When I was busy organizing the security here, I expected to see a few of your good men. May I ask you what caused their absence?"

{OOC: I am guessing that Kaiserin Karola is now your VIP and the Mechaneer Union your official faction? Or does ArcaneStomper still control the messages?}

Canada/PRA:
    A smiling middle-aged but still good looking woman in a patterned green gown approached the two probably most prominent presidents of the american continent. She had a brooch depicting the Ethiopian flag with the Umenei crest at its center.
    "President Kipling! President Bennet! Welcome to the festivities! You may not recognize me. I am Dela, the Caliphs minister of foreign affairs that has been corresponding with you in writing for a few years now.
    I've heared that you have solidified quite the alliance between your nations so soon after the war. Did you already have a chance to become personal friends? I know Miss Kipling has already allowed me to call her Robin. Anyway, if you want we can go over to the others. Or I can give you a small tour. The buffet is excuisite."
    Last edited by Rafinius; 2012-11-10 at 09:42 PM.

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

Shards of War: The Caliphate of Ethiopa. Faithful inheritor of Kherans godly empire.

Broken City: Orc Uprising. Liberated Orcs that want to build a new life at the outskirts of Sav Altulas.

Voyage: Free Folk - Green Star. Your friendly neighbourhood anarchist pirate community.

[Defunct]

GMT +2

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

Ethiopia

"My good Caliph. There is much to be said for love, that makes it a powerful force in politics as well as society in general.

As for rebellions, no - there are always some discontents but I've never had to deal with anything approaching the scale of a rebellion. If you govern your people well, they will support you in times of trouble."

She glances at the Russian general while speaking.

To Ethiopia (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

"My men are present in some capacity (20 Esp) to provide an additional security cordon around the site. They don't have contact with yours right now and won't unless something comes up, this is to protect their identities. Regardless, do not worry - any threat capable of breaching both our perimeters to threaten the gathering would be beyond what any known nation can achieve at this time."

((OOC: Since the gathering happens this turn, the Esp allocation happens this EoT, of course?

As for your other question, the former. Though I'm wondering on how to change the name - Mechaneer Union doesn't invoke the ideals of German glory. ))
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Portugal

King Jose II was dressed in parade uniform, adorned with medals of gold and silver. His entourage mimicked dress style and medals, hawkish military men, looking at other with challenge and pride. Some spread to mingle with Ethiopian allies, while others remained by the King’s side. Portuguese accorded the Russians a certain degree of respect, as fellow military men, while the timid Canadians slinking in shadows of this party were ignored. Jose II avoided President Kipling of the PRA, a fresh figurehead, who replaced the previous president Jefferson, after his insane and contradictory policies became too much of an embarrassment for the ruling elite.

''If you permit me to join your conversation'' King Jose II gave a formal smile to the Caliph and Kaiserin. ''I’ve always found that executing traitors and maintaining stability through shows of force works better. The purpose of the state is to control violence. This is what it’s most suited to do. It’s dangerous to shift that responsibility to the individual and it detracts him from advancing his own fortunes.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

Alaska

Prime Minister Johnson finally arrives to the feast. He's rather boring to look at and is dressed in a suit without a tie. The only other noticeable thing is that he is sweating like crazy in this, unusual for him, heat. So far he hasn't said much beyond formal greetings and polite non-conversation.

To Committee
    Spoiler
    Show
    We don't care one way or the other about the name change.

As for this new union, well we are not worried. I imagine that they are merely uneasy about this new power bloc and seek to safeguard themselves from an imaginary threat. As long as we hold to our own ideals they shall not bother us.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2012-11-11 at 04:18 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Russia

I'll grant that it is better to localize any such rebellions that may arise, but i find a small revolt here and there both serves to keep the men on their toes and keeps the local populace in line. The revolt in Austria-Hungary turned out to be much larger in scale than expected, but i suppose the army wasnt doing anything else worthwhile so no problem there.. General Brador said, adding his own thoughts into the conversation between Jose II and the Kaiserin of the Mechaneer Union.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Dwarf in the Playground

Great Feast

Geopolitical Smalltalk:
    The Caliph listened carefully and seemed happily amused the whole time.
    "Executing traitors is conventional policy and of course necesarry. But if a nations people are devout to God then they accept their place in the grand plan and the government can concentrate on making their lives better instead of having to control them through fear. And if their leader himself is pious and godfearing he will have the unwavering support of his subjects. That at least is my experience."
    Then he commented on General Bradors statement.
    "Russias government must be pretty content with the state of the world if you can't find anything better for your men to do. You must be truly blessed."
    The Caliph seemed pretty happy and sincere whenhe said that. He looked like he was in a good mood in general today.

American Corner:
    Ah, there is the third North American member of the Coallition. If my sources are still up to date then except for Russia and the Scandinavian Union all of the member nations are from across the ocean.
    Dela waved at the Alaskan Prime Minister.
    "Prime Minister Johnson! Welcome to the festivities. Why don't you join me with your fellow American allies here. Should I arrange a refreshment for you? We have imported clean mountain ice extra for the occasion. I can't even imagine what a toll the African sun must be on you northerners."
    Last edited by Rafinius; 2012-11-11 at 10:17 PM. Reason: forgot ragingrage

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

[Defunct]

GMT +2

14. - Top - End - #464

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Scandinavian Union

A man rushes in, obviously distressed that he is late. It is President Fillip, his formal attire messed by his urgent pace. When he realizes that he has finally arrived, he will quickly make his way to the Caliph, intruding at an opportune time. "My apologies. There was a slight delay, our researchers were just putting the finishing touches on our most recent discoveries, and I had to sign some last minute papers. I hope I have not in anyway offended you.
    The President then drifts away, his eyes resting on the Alaskan Prime Minister, who is sweating like he is. As he draws near, he will say softly "These southerners, how do they stand this desiccating heat?"

15. - Top - End - #465
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Caliph was amused that a head of state would enter in such an undignified matter, trying to hurry to win a last few minutes after already traveling across all of Europe and further.
    "No need to apologize. You are by no means the last to come, I hope. Although one could take offence that you don't introduce yourself good sir."
    President Fillip may probably have been recognizable by his attire somehow but there was no reason to let a democrat make away with century old international customs.

When the Ethiopian minister of foreign affairs overheared President Fillips comment she quiedly ordered the serves to bring a bucket of handcut icecubes together with the new refreshments. No one should be able to blame the Umenei family of inhospitality.

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

[Defunct]

GMT +2

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

"That would be nice, thank you." Johnson nods his head to Dela.

"I know what you mean. I can't wait to get home where temperatures are normal again." He whispers back to President Fillip.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

17. - Top - End - #467

GreataxeFighterGuy

To the Caliph:
    "Oh my gosh. Here I am, representing my country to the rest of the world, and I mess up almost every possible social custom. I am President Filip of the Scandinavian Union, pleased to meet you." I extend my hand for a handshake.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Troll in the Playground

To Ethiopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can introduce the Saloans if you want.

Australia to the PRA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Peace is certainly a good thing, and we would be in favor of anything that would make the world a better place. We would be willing to join such a forum.

We don't currently have any pressing needs, but we do thank you for your most generous gifts.

The Socialist Republic of Australia:
    The representative from Australia is delivered to Ethiopia by a massive battleship. Bristling gun turrets mar its otherwise sleek lines, and closer examination reveals that so much styxium has been used in its armor that it is actually depressing the nearby water. The battleship carefully stays out of Ethiopian waters, and the ambassador is delivered the final distance by a small airship, but it is clear that the Australians are showing off their new flagship.

The envoy himself, Chairman Rupert Hern, is a somewhat rotund man with a smiling face and a jovial attitude at odds with the military posture of his transport. He immediately goes to greet the Caliph and discuss the new treaty.

The Moroccan Emirates:
    To everyone's surprise the Moroccans actually sent an emissary to the Feast. A slim unassuming man in a simple turban and robes he simply introduces himself as Falil with no further name or title. What's interesting is that he appears to have just appeared at the feast with no entourage or escort. He might have just walked in off the street if his papers weren't in impeccable order.

The Magnetic Research Institute:
    The scientist representing the Institute formally is Professor Albrecht Verner. Crippled from the waist down he rides around in a clockwork spider carriage designed specifically for him. He isn't the best company as he often launches into long speeches about the nature of time, space, and everything which no one else can really understand.

The Democratic Union of States:
    From the Democratic Union of States comes President Kane. He is a dapper little man in a distinguished suit who looks like nothing more than a supply clerk. In the days of the occupation however he was a noted revolutionary leader. Many analysts pinpoint him as the revolutionary leader and likely the sole reason that the resistance survived long enough to regain control.

The Roman Empire:
    Australia isn't the only one who decided to show off their military might. And entire legion of elite Praetorian battle walkers accompany the Roman Emperor to Ethiopia. Most of them diplomatically wait outside the city, but the emperor is accompanied by a hulking mountain of a man clad in the clockwork armor of a Praetorian General and looking like he could take a battle walker apart with his bare hands.

Emperor Caesar the LXXII himself is not nearly so imposing. He isn't just fat but obese, and doesn't so much walk as waddle as fast as his stubby legs can carry him to the buffet line. Despite his appearances rumors have it that he is an expert military commander and personally directed the Roman army in most of its recent conquests. Those rumors are hard to give credence to given the appearance of the man himself.

Quebec:
    Prime Minister Dechose arrives surrounded by a flurry of assistants and lesser representatives she presents a matronly figure who looks much like someone’s elderly grandmother. Occasionally something glints off the air near her. But that's probably just a trick of the light.

The Resplendent Empire of the Sun:
    The Emperor arrives in a palanquin born on the backs of several ornate battle walkers and the pomp and ceremony only increases from there as his attendants bustle around make sure everything is just right for him. He doesn't even walk on the ground, but instead is carried on a large platform supported by clockwork legs. Rumor has it that not only is the platform a piece of the royal palace, but that it also contains a layer of dirt from the palace grounds so that the emperor is never in danger of even indirectly touching someplace that is not part of the Empire.

Between the platform, the attendants, and the massively elaborate robes it’s easy to miss that the emperor himself is actually just a young boy and looks distinctively uncomfortable.

The Kushan Empire:
    The Kushan Emperor on the other hand does not arrive with such pomp. A massive battle-scarred warrior he brings with him only a few other equally battle hardened retainers. They all wear battle armor of extremely modern make, and although they surrender the more obvious outer weapons it’s clear that they could each be hiding an arsenal in the bulky suits if they wanted to.

As soon as they arrive they move as far away from the Resplendent Emperor and his retinue as is possible.

Spain:
    The queen of Spain arrives with almost as much ceremony as the Resplendent Emperor. Although she doesn't have any sort of mobile throne her gown looks ornate and jewel encrusted enough to cost as an entire army division as a small palace. Surrounded by retainers she nonetheless makes a point of greeting each other guest and the caliph by name and having a small polite chat.

On the outskirts of the city, near the Roman Legionnaires actually, is the division that that dress could have bought waiting to make sure no one threatens their queen. Although not as technologically advanced as some of the forces being flaunted the fact that Spain felt it could detail an entire division for the defense of its monarch in a friendly country implies a certain numerical depth to the Spanish army that not many countries can match.

Bod:
    The Grand Abbot of Bod is elderly man who looks like he is about to fall apart from age. He is followed by many attentive acolytes who carefully make sure nothing so untoward should happen to their revered elder. Despite his frailty he proves to have a sharp mind and readily converses with any who approach him.

The Khmer Empire:
    The Khmer Emperor is to be blunt a doddering fool. Almost as obese as the Roman Empire and without the rumors of tactical prowess to give any sort of credence to his rule. The trio of advisors viziers following him are clearly the real power behind the throne. Although they only ever give the emperor advice it is clear that he only ever does what they say. It's not actually clear that he even understands what's going on or if he is merely mimicking their words. Obviously the viziers chose their puppet with care.

The Satavahana Empire:
    Satavahana's empress is clearly a different matter than her northern neighbor. Witty, courteous, and much more humble than some of the other rulers in the room she is a very polite guest. She also tends to follow the Majahapit Chief of Chiefs around like a lost puppy. It's clear enough who the senior partner in that alliance is, although it could also be put down to the fact that she is very young to be the ruler of the country, having assumed the mantle when her parents died in the Khmer invasion.

The Mongol Khanate:
    Bounding to a stop by the now crowded area which has become an impromptu military encampment is a whole horde of Mongol Iron Horses. None of the big mechs are similar each one having been customized for their riders, and the theme holds true to the Mongols themselves who are as raucous a group of party goers as could be expected. Most of Khan's men immediately crowd the available food tables not respecting any sort of rank or social status. Most of the other guests give them room as despite their rudeness they are also quite clearly veteran warriors and no one is quite willing to start a diplomatic incident over appetizers.

The Mongol High Khan himself is everything that a Khan should be. Short, rugged, somewhat pungent, wearing leathers despite the heat, and on closer examination female. This is a surprise as no intelligence had been leaked as to the nature of the Khan he always having been referred to as male. The matter of why the Khan is wearing a fake beard and answering to male pronouns is best left to students of Mongol culture. "He" quite clearly is the Khan and has the respect of all his men, some of whom are also female given a more intense scrutiny.

Somewhat more polite than his men the Khan ignores the food and finds the Kushan Emperor to begin discussing global affairs in quiet tones.

Majahapit:
    When the Majahapit arrive they are a loud and boisterous crew, and their Chief of Chief is the loudest and most boisterous of them all. They aren't rude like the Mongols, but it is clear that the islanders are here to have a good time. To that end they have actually brought quite a large amount of their own food with them to augment the feast. Mostly fish products, but with a few birds mixed in for good measure.

The first person the Majahapit chief greets is the Empress of the Satavahana whom he immediately enfolds in a massive bear hug. He proceeds to do the same with the Kushan emperor and the two chat like old friends for a few moments before the chief moves off. Next he does the same for the Australian chairman who quite obviously would much prefer a handshake, but suffers through it anyway. The sight of the young emperor of the Resplendent Empire trying to unsuccessfully avoid the hug while staying on his platform is one of the more comical highlights of the feast. In deference to his great age the chief merely pats the Grand Abbott of Bod on his shoulder, and he pointedly ignores the Khmer emperor and glares at the viziers.

Then the Chief of Chiefs turns to the rest of the rulers.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

Mechaneer Union --> Spain, Rome

At some suitable point during the meeting Karola gathers the representatives of the Roman Empire and Spain, probably near the tables due to the considerable volume of the Roman Emperor. She subtly, but not too subtly, gets rid of unwanted company near their circle for the time being, confident that any diplomats worth their salt would take proper notice of the maneuver.

After the pleasantries were dealt with, along with a substantial portion of the food within easy reach, Karola lowered her voice just enough to make listening in a bit too difficult for casual observers.

"It seems that several nations have followed our lead in forming large-scale alliances to confront the dangers of the world. This American Coalition, for one, seems to have risen suddenly out of two completely antagonistic blocs and grown to become quite an influence. I personally wonder if this will lead to an era of stability or even more destructive war..."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

ICEP

The Peoples Republic of America announces that the league formed by Russia, Scandinavia, Aztlan, Hawaii, the PRA, Canada, and Alaska is being renamed, from 'The Committee' to 'The International Committee for Economic Development and World Peace'.

The Peoples Republic of America expresses it's fond hope that this league might be the beginnings of a global union of all nations, for the betterment of all the peoples of earth, and the prevention of international conflict by diplomatic means.

The Peoples Republic of America would like to invite all nations of the world to join this league.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

On ICEP

And why would a nation join this ICEP? This ‘’joint economic development’’? How do you plan to stop wars, if diplomacy fails?
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

After a brief commotion with the surrounding diplomats Northstar flew above the heads of the guests and his countrymen. He crossed over to sit in the air alongside the Emperor of the Resplendent Sun, taking a drink as he passed. "You needn't look so agitated. I can assure you that none of these people can kill you today, and in the absence of this none of the people milling about here are actually doing anything useful. We all know how to reach one another and we all know more or less where our interests lie. Your enemies are already your enemies. A social mistake here wont hurt you unless you chose to let it.
    In that way I find I can be more free at events like this than I can in my court.
    Of course, it can be fun to tease attendants who don't understand this."

Northstar grinned as he watched the Hawaiian delegation.
    "I specifically had them obtain information that I was mellowing with age and nervous to be overseas. No one at home will try to predict what I'll do for weeks."

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Peoples Republic of America:

ICEP

Economic Development

ICEP would be a forum for nations to discuss the lowering of tariffs on international trade. Such a move made globally would significantly increase international economic growth.

It would also be a forum for the discussion of international economic projects, for example, improving the global transport network.

Lastly, it would allow nations to voice their economic problems, discuss solutions with the international community, and receive support from nations that so wish to help.

World Peace

ICEP would be a forum for nations to discuss international issues with the global community. Hopefully through constructive debate, peaceful solutions can be found to any problems that may arise.

If there is a significant threat to international security, and there is a consensus among the members of ICEP, the committee could consider deploying peace-keeping forces to protect civilians, or military forces to protect nations against aggression.
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-11-16 at 05:22 AM.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Dwarf in the Playground

Great Feast

Fillip
    "Ah yes, the Scandinavian Union. God bless it.
    I assume you know who I am. After all I am hosting this modest little gathering." As was his habit today, the Caliph was just cheerfully jesting. "I was told you were the first to journey into space? Interesting stuff. But sadly that is how far my knowledge of your nation reaches. Surely those who have wandered into space have many more extraordinary things to tell."

NPCs arriving:
    Each one of the arriving parties was cordially introduced and welcomed.

Chairman Rupert Hern of the Australian Socialist Party was asked if he would agree to have the whole world community witness and enforce the treaty, or if he would rather give the responsibility of safeguarding it to a more elect number of nations. The ceremonial signing would happen the next day, together with all the other events.

Falil was approached by a man in a black suit and a golden pin of a simplified Umenei crest, one which had no indication of which sub-branch he belonged. He was rather thin and seemed to have his best years behind him, but he was still in perfect health.
    [PM to Moroccan Emirates]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, finally we get to meet someone from the mysterious Emirates. ...Falil it is? My name is Gerard El Umenei. Tell me, you do not look like you came here just to have a good time. Is there anything you would like to discuss?"

As Professor Albrecht Verner was greeted it was almost obvious that many of the Ethiopians were pretty weirded out by his spidery legs. They didn't seem to approve much of the idea of cyborgs. But the Caliph kept a straight face, instead asking how research is going back at the MRI and who the proffesor has brought along to present the various technologies as planned. He also mentioned that maybe they should find a more private room later this day, together with any leader the professor would invite, to discuss this new alliance they had been talking about in writing. Ethiopias last letter on this topic was never really answered after all.
    A bit later one Armin Nar Umenei started following Albrecht around. He introduced himself as Head of the Ethiopian National Research Institute and brother of minister Dela. He also seemed the only Ethiopian at the feast who couldn't get enough of the proffesors speeches. Although he couldn't get away from the idea that no matter how many logical and scientific explanations ruled the cosmos, it probably still was all designed by God.

Minister Dela approaches the Khan.
    "My lord Khan. Would it be in any way possible to restrain your good men? We are all here as the Caliphs guests after all."
    While none of the Ethiopian guests showed any open surprise, several of the servants were secretly giggling at the idea that the "Great Khan" was a woman in a bad disguise. It only reinforced the Ethiopian notion that the Mongols were heathen barbarians, even more so than their general rudeness.

After probably being hugged by the Chief of Chiefs, Caliph Abudjib greatly thanked him for the food he brought to the feast, saying more than once how honored and thankful he is and expressing his wishes for God to bless pretty much everyone and anything somehow related to the Majahapit. This was repeated by any Ethiopian of importance attending the Feast.

Of course the Caliph, his wife and Minister Dela proceeded to entertain pretty much everyone at least once, but that was mostly smalltalk.

The last arrival
    A large hovering battlebarge arrived before the gates of the Caliphal Residence. It was the only foreign armed combat vehicle even allowed to pass through the capital at all. Out came a tall old man completely covered in turban, gown and bandana of black and dark blue pattern. Behind him were a number of men wearing similar clothing, although all of them in lighter colors. Roughly half of those were dressed white and were wearing ceremonial longswords on their backs.
    The entourage barged straight into the main hall and all Ethiopians seemed to slightly lower their heads in respect to the man that has made religion his life.
    Simultaneously his introduction was officially announced.
    "Please welcome the Patriarch of the Church of Kheran, Father of the Kheranic Republic of Saloa and Supreme Leader of the people in southern Africa and Madagascar, His Excellency Samubai Imikheras! May God forever guide his path." The announcer then followed through with the intrduction of various Saloan Justices, clergy, revolutionary heroes, distinguished crusaders and other people of importance.
    When Imikheras reached the Caliph he took down his bandana and they hugged and cross-kissed like old friends. This seemed the que for both Ethiopians and Saloans to relax and start having fun again, although it was pretty clear that the Saloan entourage only mingled with "certain kinds" of people.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Non-Feast discussions - ICEP:
    Tariffs are put in place by the sovereign nations themselves and I believe that those who decide to do so have good reasons for it. It should remain a nations right to regulate trade as they deem best.

As the nature of this coallition seems to have broadened and changed, I would like to ask if there are any duties or obligations tied to being represented in this forum. If it is just a forum for all nations to convene for the good of the world, I suppose we too should be represented in it.

{OOC: I am essentially asking if this ICEP is more like the UNO or the NATO.}

Last edited by Rafinius; 2012-11-17 at 09:41 PM.

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

[Defunct]

GMT +2

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

ICEP

The forum is free, with no obligations or duties being forced on members.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Dwarf in the Playground

To GM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would like to have at least briefly, even if flufflesly answered what the NPCs have to say to my statements.
    In particular regarding my questions to the MRI scientist about the newly formed NPC alliance I was invited to join and what of their own tech they want to present (not trade but just show off), to the Australian chairman on who we should give the right to enforce the treaty, and to Falil in general.
    I wouldn't care so much to postpone it if this weren't a unique opportunity. All the NPC leaders of the new alliance are in one place, the MRI is bound to have a tonne of interesting tech that could open up bussiness for them and especially regarding the Moroccan Emirates this is more or less the only time they really acknowledged me and let me really talk to one of them.
    And as the Feast is not long enough to stretch to two rounds the only possibility is to resolve all that now or to do time-shenanigans and talk as if we still were in the previous round after EoT. That would still be okay, but maybe a bit confusing for others.

ICEP

That is good to know. If that is the case we will discuss with our allies about sending our own representatives to the ICEP forum.

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

[Defunct]

GMT +2

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

Turn 14, July, 1939 CE

From the Journal of Light
    (Distributed by the Brotherhood of Light in all Light Rail stations.)
    Alaskan forces continue to patrol the shores of Antarctica.

Aztlan forces move extensively through South America.

Tensions between the Canadian Federal Imperium and the People's Republic of America are still high, but continue easing as the two countries work to end their long rivalry.

International observers report massive military buildup and training exercises taking place all throughout the Mechaneer Union.

The forces of the Grim are spotted evading the blockade, which is more or less like a sieve given the small number of ships in it, and setting up fortifications and bases on the tip of South America. They also appear to have paid a blood price sufficient to satisfy the Kushan Empire over the atrocities.

The Caliphate of Ethiopia has begun heavily taxing the city states of Somalia. In response the merchants of Somalia have begun routing their trade through the PRA territory in the region. Turning the small enclave into a bustling trading hub almost overnight.

There has been increased activity around the launchpads of the Scandinavian Union recently.

Portuguese forces have been seen working with warlord forces in the Sudan region and conducting mercenary work in Asia.

The PRA's new government has put together a massive reform package which has slashed the budgets of their other divisions in favor of social spending. Rumors have it that while the normal citizens are happier than ever the soldiers, spies, and scientists are becoming unsettled.

Several task forces have left Hawaii to visit various islands in the Pacific.

After years of fighting the Russian army has finally crushed the last of the Austrian Resistance fighters. There is considerable high spirits amongst the Russian military, and more muted celebrations amongst Russian civilians.

Australian ships have been seen sailing around the kingdom of East Papua. While on the other side of the island Majapahit and Satavahana traders have begun opening relations with West Papua.

In recent months the Arkadaslik resistance has suffered a number of crushing defeats at the hands of the Roman legions.

The Mongol Hordes have been seen moving into the Jordan region.

The Saloan army has begun a concerted campaign against the warlord who controls the Angola region of Africa.

Further north the Moroccan Emirates have begun probing the ***** region looking to expand their territory for the first time in centuries.

Using their Indian territory as a stepping stone the Khmer Empire has begun exploring the northern wastes of the Arabian Peninsula for an overland route that will give them access to Africa.

The Democratic Union of States has launched a small expedition to chart the Ecuador region of South America.

Relations between the Empire of the Resplendent Sun and the Kushan Empire remain tense and forces from both sides guard the Bod-Kushan border. Bod itself remains out of the standoff other than to let Resplendent troops use its bases.

A long range expedition from Spain has begun exploring the Ghana region of Africa in search of access to the rumored riches of the interior.

From the Preface to the 1939 Catalog of Light Vol. II (By Brother Zekil Mohadeen)
    As is no surprise to the brothers in the Mediterranean that region continues to produce the most aggressive nations. Spain, Portugal, and Rome all remain at the top of the military hierarchy, and while Spain holds a small numerical margin it could go in any direction in the event of a war in Europe. We must hope that that does not come to pass.

Military
    1. Kingdom of Spain
    2. Kingdom of Portugal
    3. The Roman Empire

Once again the Independent Duchy of Luxembourg continues to dominate the waters of the international espionage community. The Grand Abbots have ordered a careful watch of the Duke's plans, but as of yet they remain unable to penetrate our own networks. However other countries are not so fortunate. The Luxembourg network is so great that we have reserved the second position for it as well. The third position we give to the Canadians who outclass the rest of the world's agencies by a slim margin.

Espionage
    1. Duchy of Luxembourg
    2. Duchy of Luxembourg
    3. The Canadian Federal Imperium

Ah science, no doubt this area holds a special place in the hearts of many brothers. As no doubt it does for many others in the world. To the extent that many nations are very nearly equal in this field.

Research
    1. Hawaii (Tie for 1st)
    1. Magnetic Research Institute (Tie for 1st)
    1. Satavahana Empire (Tie for 1st)
    2. The Scandinavian Union (Tie for 2nd)
    2. Empire of the Resplendent Sun (Tie for 2nd)

The field of absolute power is more contested. My brothers have many debates over whether one factor or another should be of greater import here. For myself I take the objective view and merely note the sum total of a nation's assets in my calculations. It is clear that the recent silent conquest of the Mechaneer Union by Luxembourg has put them ahead of the running, but the Aztlan Hegemony maintains a strong showing through its continued colonization of the southern continent in the west. The third spot is more heavily contended, but ultimately I give it to Hawaii as they have a slim advantage over the other nations.

Overall
    1. Duchy of Luxembourg
    2. The Aztlan Hegemony
    3. The Kingdom of Hawaii

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Portugal to Grim [14]
    Spoiler
    Show

We are aware that you are constrained by the blockade. As such we offer our military to support you as a mercenary force in the ventures outside of Antarctic. We’d be willing to accept payment in either Shards of military technology.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-11-22 at 05:32 AM.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Grim to Portugal [14]
    Spoiler
    Show
    All that keeps us in is ourselves. We have little desire to enter into a new conflict. We will not deal again in the affairs of others.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

Alaska

Alaska to ICEP and world
    The Grim have broken their oaths to remain within their own lands and to disarm peacefully. They have not changed their ways and cannot be trusted. As such Alaska officially declares war upon the Grim and calls upon the ICEP to help us defend the world from their threat.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show