1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: TW: Shards of War (IC)

The Peoples Republic of America

To the Kingdom of Saloa and Ethopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Your former lands have been liberated. The Malagasy do not seem to have any interest in continuing the conflict. We will consider our work done, and withdraw. I look forward to working with you further in the future."

To Portugal [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "A few seasons ago, I came to you, believing the Canadians were preparing for war against my nation. I did not wish to take the first blow, believing I would have the advantage if I waited for a proper Casus Belli. I see now I may have been wrong"

"In the last year, two operations have been launched against my people. The first was launched against my government; a secret attempt to gain illicit control and influence over key figures in my nation. The second was made against my military, directing them to attack one of your ships, in the hope of provoking a response from you."

"We were able to identify the culprits of the first, as the Canadians. The second I do not doubt was also them. The overall result of all of this has been vastly increased popular hatred towards the Canadians. I fear if there is another attack, public sentiment will force me to declare war on them."

"I apologise for the attack, I hope it is clear it was not intentional, I lost many lives, for entirely no gain. With that In mind, I ask for your assistance. I am confident the Canadians will try to launch another attack, and force me into war with them. Mine and my allies forces are strong, I am confident I could win, but the loss of life is something I would rather avoid. I do not know what your intelligence capabilities are, but any aid you can give me what be appreciated."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-06-27 at 05:29 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Madagascar to Russia
    Spoiler
    Show
    We expect something on the order of [20 to 30 mil] to attack us. Our own forces are merely a third of those of our enemies, so anything you can spare will be greatly appreciated.

The Kingdom of Saloa to the People's Republic of America
    Spoiler
    Show
    We appreciate your help.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

russia

to portugal
    Spoiler
    Show
    do you plan to send aid to madagascar? they are outnumbered 3 to 1, and i cant spare troops currently

to madagascar[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    we have 7 ESP worth of crack commando teams enroute. hold out long enough for us to finish our war in europe, after that you shall have the full might of the russian empire's military and commando teams at your disposal

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Portugal to PSA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

[I had very little time lately. Sorry for late reply.]

''This is indeed troubling news. It does appear that you aren’t behind the attack – it makes no sense for you to do it, when your forces were focused on Madagaskar. We won’t pursue an aggressive action against your nation, until you can find the truth of the matter. If the Canadians are responsible, perhaps we can force them to pay proper restitution and commit to a treaty that would stop their attacks. My Kings Intelligence resources are unfortunately focused on combating infiltration attempts – it appears somebody has tried to subvert our military forces, just recently.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aztlan Hegemony
    Morale: 15

To Canada (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings to the Imperium,
    I would like to discuss the PRA with you. If you either had information or plans that would end with them in a prolonged war, we request you inform us beforehand. If they are occupied with that, the Aztlan will take the opportunity to engage their ally, the PRC. Unfortunately we missed the opportunity with their Madagascar conflict because we hoped to complete a research project beforehand, and we hope to not make another mistake like that.

-King Itzcoatl III

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Canada
    morale: 10

To Altzan
    Spoiler
    Show

Our long term plans do not for the moment involve a war with the PRA, however with the recent espionage actions against them it may be unavoidable. We aren't responsible for the forged orders of course, however they may just assume that we are. Should a war truly become inevitable we shall contact you, however for the moment we do not think that this would be in our best interests.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Turn 7, January, 1936 CE

Raiders in Africa
    Halfway around the globe from their homeland Hawaiian raiders have struck a critical blow against Portugal in the lands of Kenyuganda. Working with Kenyugandan guerrillas they have managed to push back the Nigerian warlords that had been subduing the area. The Kenyugandan people rejoice, but more critical foreign observers point out that the raiders also took advantage of the lack of Portuguese guards to capture the shipment of Oblivion Shards destined for Portuguese factories, a much more valuable commodity on the field of global politics.

This smash and grab was aided by the fact that the Portuguese army was elsewhere at the time. Instead of in Kenyugandan they had been involved in an invasion of Madagascar. At the same time an invasion force from Saloa has landed on Madagascar's western coast. Faced with two fronts and overwhelming armies the Madagascar forces put up a desperate fight to buy time for merchant vessels to evacuate its civilians to the east to Australia.

War in America
    In a surprise attack the forces of the People's Republic of America have invaded the Canadian Federal Imperium. Citing the Canadians as the obvious culprit behind the recent forged orders the PRA army has overwhelmed the smaller Canadian defense forces and pushed deep into Canadian territory.

Europe Erupts in Flames
    The war continues in Austria. With Portugal pulling its forces out to invade Madagascar the Austrian army has been able to reclaim its southern coast, but that is the only good news for the Austrians as the Russian army has pushed even farther towards the capital, and most believe it is only a matter of months before the kingdom falls.

Further west the Tripartite alliance has launched a massive invasion of the Technocracy of Ireland. Outnumbered 15 to 1 the tiny island country fought a desperate but ultimately futile battle which resulted in the entire country being split in three. Rumors are that the Technocracies leading alchemists in the field of space exploration have been taken to hidden research bases in the three countries.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

russia

to the world
    the russian empire denounces the people of hawaii for their cowardly raid on kenuganda and portugals holdings there. they have no business interfering and if they have a problem with portugal they should step up and handle it themselves instead of attacking undefended supply shipments. if portugal wishes to retaliate against hawaii then they will have the full support of the mighty russian army

to luxembourg
    Spoiler
    Show
    i would like to speak with a representitive of yours in private. i wish a job done

to tripatite alliance
    Spoiler
    Show
    congratulations on your victory over ireland. i would just like to say you 3 have nothing to fear from me in europe. i only invaded austria to settle the score after the great war

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To Portugal: [11]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "There is a matter I would discuss with you private. Will you accept an emissary from my people?"

To the Republic of Alaska [19]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I would like to request that you remain neutral in the upcoming conflict. The Canadians have been terrorizing my people for sometime, they are ruthless and not to be trusted."

To the Magnetic Research Institute [11]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hello. I was wondering if you'd be open to increased trade relations between our people"

To the Aztlan Hegemony [16]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hello. What would it take to convince you to remain neutral in this conflict?"
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-07-10 at 06:47 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aztlan Hegemony
    Morale: 16

To the PRA (11)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Before I make any decisions or commitments involving this war, I would like to know more about the forces involved. Do you have an estimate on the military strength of Canada and the DUS?

To Canada (10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    A war on our home continent could bode ill for the Hegemony. We would like to know more about the balance of power involved in this conflict. Do you have an estimate on the military capabilities of the PRA and PRC?

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Portugal

Declaration of War

''This raid and thievery will not go unpunished. From this moment there is a state of war between Portugal and Hawaii. Let the God have mercy on your souls, for I have none.''

Royal Proclamation of King Jose II.

To Russia [11]
    Spoiler
    Show

''The Madagascar appears to be seeking a status of protectorate, to protect them against Sloa. While we have no interest in defending that nation, I recall you held certain sympathy for them. If you declare Madagascar to be your protectorate we will withdraw from it.''

''We thank you for your declaration of support, although we won’t request you to send military aid, until you are safely in control of Austro-Hungary.''

To PRA [11]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Of course. Let us meet and discuss the situation''

To DUS [11]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We would like to propose a joint military operation against the Hawaii, as we are sending a punitive expedition for their perfidious actions in Africa.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

russia

to portugal
    Spoiler
    Show
    alright. i will offer them protectorate status. as to the austria situation, it appears someone is supplying them with extremely advanced weaponry

to madagascar
    Spoiler
    Show
    if you are agreed, i would like you to become a protectorate of the great russian empire. we can keep you safe from portugal and all others. all we ask in return is increased trade and your brightest young researchers come to work in my own lab for a period of 2 years

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To Russia [11]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I would to propose a non-aggression pact between our people. I'll recognise your right to any lands you conquer, and not interfere with the conflicts you wage without your permission."

To Portugal [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    ""Thank you for agreeing to this meeting."

"Firstly, I would like to propose a non-aggression pact between our people. I'll stay out of your wars, if you stay out of mine. I'll recognise your right to any land you conquer, and advise my allies to leave you to your devices."

"Secondly, I'd like you to delay seeking vengeance against Hawaii. They are strong enemies of the DUS, who I will inevitably be fighting in this conflict. We can discuss a mutual strike against the Hawaiian's when this war is over, as they are damaging force in the region."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caliphate of Ethiopia
    Esp. 4

Although the Caliphs bad state of health had been a closely guarded secret, his miraculous recovery was anounced all over the Caliphate and Abudjibs first appearance to the public since almost 4 years was celebrated greatly.
    He held a speech praising the military successes against the ungodly Madagascari and how that was just the beginning of bringing all of Africa back to Gods service.
    With his private ministers he discussed much more pragmatic plans of expansion and diplomacy for although he was a devout Kheranist, he never thought of himself as the kind of zealous crusader his Saloan allies were.

To the PRA
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would like to express the gratitude of the Caliph and the people of Ethiopia and ask if the PRA would be willing to commense trade relations with the Caliphate.
    - Ethiopian Minister for Foreign Affairs

To the King of Portugal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Although I had no love for the previous regime of Kenyuganda, I know little about you and your country. It seems that since your conquest petty warlords of all shades are terrorizing the Kenyugandan civilians and driving more and more refugees into my territory. Surely you understand my concerns. Therefore I request you to create a stable provincial government and win support of the civil population by reinstating the old state church that the previous regime had abolished. I am willing to aid you with this in the best of my posibilities and will actively help you root out any loyalists and disgruntled warlords.

Saloa:
    Spoiler
    Show
    An envoy of Ethiopian military officials requests to be invited for private and secret discussion regarding the invasion of Madagascar and the sudden portugese involvement. They also ask if there is any vital intelligence they should relay home.

To Hawaii:
    Spoiler
    Show
    May we ask what your longterm plans are in Kenyuganda?
    Last edited by Rafinius; 2012-07-09 at 08:43 AM.

Current Status: Awake

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

Shards of War: The Caliphate of Ethiopa. Faithful inheritor of Kherans godly empire.

Broken City: Orc Uprising. Liberated Orcs that want to build a new life at the outskirts of Sav Altulas.

Voyage: Free Folk - Green Star. Your friendly neighbourhood anarchist pirate community.

[Defunct]
    Warhammer 40k: Gronarks Band. Kunning Blood Axe Warband.

GMT +2

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To Ethiopia [11]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Thank you. I would be quite glad to initiate trade relations between our people."

"If I may, might I ask your opinion on the Aztlan government? I understand your allies the Saloans are avid enemies of them. Would you be willing to support me, should they decide to take military action against me?"

To the Aztlan [16]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm afraid I can't give you exact figures as to the Canadians military strength. Judging from the success of my surprise attack, I'd say they have at most half as many soldiers as myself."

"It is also worth saying, that I probably have the support of the Saloans and Ethiopians, who have already proved their military strength against Madagascar."

"I am also in the process of cementing a military friendship with Russia and Portugal."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-07-09 at 09:22 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Magnetic Research Institute to the People’s Republic of America
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are unwilling to involve ourselves with any nations involved in a war, as that would be a violation of our policy of strict neutrality. We would however be willing to look into increased trade once your nation is no longer at war.

DUS to Portugal
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be more than happy to aid you against the vile islanders. Our military forces are likely going to be needed elsewhere to defend against the PRA and the PRC, but we can offer you military technology with which to better prosecute your war against the islanders.

Madagascar to Russia
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yours are not the forces besieging us, and you are involved in your own war. We simply do not believe that you have the capacity to actually protect us. So we decline.

The Republic of Saloa to the Ethiopian Caliphate
    Spoiler
    Show
    The envoy is invited to attend a meeting of Saloan officials discussing the latest developments. They have no new information, and so wait to see what the envoy has to say.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2012-07-09 at 06:45 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

russian empire

to madagascar
    Spoiler
    Show
    very well then

to portugal[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    dont hesitate to destroy madagascar as of now, they refused my offer of them becoming a protectorate. i may actually decide to invade them myselves. their army cant be that strong anymore

to GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    would it be possible to obtain samples of austria's weaponry and reverse engineer it for my own use?

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ethiopia
    Espionage.4 Morale.14

To the PRA:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't the Atzlan have a tradition of sacrificing humans to their pagan gods? To be frank, I don't understand how they are still allowed to exist while conducting such abominable acts. But their nation is quite far from ours and there may be more iminent threats for us t face back here in Africa.
    In any way, as minister of foreign affairs I do not have the authority to decide such an important military matter on my own. I will contact you on this matter again as soon as I can.
    I will however immediatly direct supply and trade ships towards the PRA.
    - Ethiopian Minister for Foreign Affairs

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll PM you with my side of the conversation with Saloa tomorrow. It's 1:46 here and I'm tired :P

Current Status: Awake

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

Shards of War: The Caliphate of Ethiopa. Faithful inheritor of Kherans godly empire.

Broken City: Orc Uprising. Liberated Orcs that want to build a new life at the outskirts of Sav Altulas.

Voyage: Free Folk - Green Star. Your friendly neighbourhood anarchist pirate community.

[Defunct]
    Warhammer 40k: Gronarks Band. Kunning Blood Axe Warband.

GMT +2

19. - Top - End - #139

AssassinGuy

Canada
    Morale: 10

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show

In the open message below, when I say I present the evidence that I gathered in the ESP investigation. The reason I put this is that I would like you (the GM) to confirm that I am not just making stuff up, and that this evidence actually exists. Cause I don't actually have documents to show them (as this is an online game).

Open Message (to Everyone)
    Spoiler
    Show

We the people of Canada have been greatly wronged. This war by the PRA was launched completely without actual justification. We were NOT the ones that forged the orders that they claim started this war.

The results of our investigation have come in and we have found that a different nation has hired Luxemburg to place these orders, clearly intending us to be framed. We also know who hired them, but will let the evidence speak for itself on that issue.

*presents evidence*

OOC: I have told the GM to confirm the results of my investigation (the provide evidence thing). When he presents them the nation that hired them shall be revealed. And my truthfulness shall be confirmed.

We ask that all nations that would oppose this barbarity would stand with us, and aid our fight against the PRA.

To DUS
    Spoiler
    Show

We would like to invoke the military alliance that we have with you, and we remind you of the clause of aiding us by helping us technologically as well. Furthermore we would request that you start trying to convince Alaska and Altzan to join the war on our side. Australia recently ended up in a war with the PRA (if indirectly) so they might be persuaded to join us as well. Let us hope we can rally enough forces to end this quickly. We should focus on the PRA, and leave the PRC for later, as the PRA has more potential allies.

To Altzan
    Spoiler
    Show

We would like to talk to you about that war going on. We would request your involvement on our side. When the PRA is dealt with we will help against the PRC, should we survive the war. Also the following message was intercepted from the PRA

message (To Ethiopia)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Thank you. I would be quite glad to initiate trade relations between our people."

"If I may, might I ask your opinion on the Aztlan government? I understand your allies the Saloans are avid enemies of them. Would you be willing to support me, should they decide to take military action against me?"

Clearly they mean to take action against you, anyway, so it would be in your interest to try to end this now.

To Alaska
    Spoiler
    Show

Although we didn't finish negotiating the Defense contract we would greatly appreciate your help in this war. We estimate the relative troop strength of Canada and the DUS to be slightly below the PRA's military strength, however we are in talks with Altzan to bring them in on our side of the war. That should even us out with the PRA, and maybe the PRC. We do not think the PRC to be a large military power, however we have not been able to gather intelligence from them for some time. With your aid however we should probably be capable of winning this war.

If nothing else we can win by attrition. If Altzan and you join us we produce (combined) 8 MIL/turn, while the PRA/PRC produces 4/turn.

Also try to convince Australia to join. They are not friends of the PRA, and may wish to help us get rid of them. Quebec seems unlikely, but maybe if someone not us asks they will accept.

To Australia
    Spoiler
    Show

As you have surely noticed we have recently become involved in a war with the PRA. As you fought on opposite sides of the Madagascar war we thought you might be willing to help in this war as well. Are you willing to become involved?
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To Canada
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Grim may help in your war. However, we request some technologies that we havn't discovered yet. We are intrested in developing a factory. If you give us the plans for one, we will fight for you.

To the PRA
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Grim may help in your war. However, we request some technologies that we havn't discovered yet. We are intrested in developing a factory. If you give us the plans for one, we will fight for you.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Luxembourg to Canada
    Spoiler
    Show

While you appear to have revealed our involvement in a contract in a very flashy manner, we would like to note that we are strictly neutral in any conflicts of military nature, and wish to remain so for the foreseeable future.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

22. - Top - End - #142

AssassinGuy

Canada
    morale: 10

To Luxemburg
    Spoiler
    Show

We understand your neutrality and have great respect for you as a fellow espionage superpower. We do not intend to seek revenge on you for your involvement. To use an apt metaphor that is like seeking revenge on a knife because someone attacked you with it. You were hired, and had nothing against us. We are sorry that we had to reveal your involvement in this, however we saw no other way to exonerate ourselves.

To Grim
    Spoiler
    Show

We are willing to give you technology on one condition. You have offered this to the PRA as well. We would like to confirm taht you will not play both sided to come out ahead in this. If you retract your offer to the PRA we will give you what you seek, as well as some of the more recent developments of our scientists. We are working on a new technology, and should you help us we will give it to you upon completion (in addition to the factory tech).

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To Canada
    Spoiler
    Show
    We offered both sides to see what they would offer. We are honorable, and once paid, will not accept the others. We shall see what the PRA offers, then decide. And if the Technology you speak of is the Radio, we already pocess them.
    OOC; I'll go with who pays me. And once bought, I'll stay bought. I'm good that way.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144

AssassinGuy

Canada

To the Grim [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Our scientists are working on building an device that allows for temporary invisibility. This obviously has many applications. It has not been completed yet, however we were nearing a breakthrough when the war broke out. I will consult my scientists on how long it will take to get it finished. Should this be insufficient we are willing to offer you {1 Hell Pit outcome} to persuade you to accept our offer.

We hope that you accept soon, however we understand your willingness to see both offers. We hope that see that our side is the more profitable side to support.

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show

With all the research I am putting into it when will the stealth thing be done? I would like to have a ballpark estimate. I have 5 research and that is the only research project at the moment. You said I was getting close so when will it be done? due to the above message I need to know soon.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To Canada(PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    If we fight for you, we have something else then. We'll loan you 6 t.Research to finish this. This detracts from the project we are working on, but we will still have a considerable amount to complete it.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

With regard to this 'Proof'

"It is no secret that the Canadian people despise my nation. They have hated us since the the split of America, when our people left the old ways behind, seeking new, more enlightened ways of living our lives. Their president may put on a good face, but he seeks to destroy our way of life, just as much as his people do."

"Given the Canadians intelligence capabilities, none of us have any reason to believe a word of this 'proof'. It is more than likely a fabrication, to discredit our government, after their attacks have forced us to take military action against them. They hope to trick you, into attacking us, that they might destroy our way of life once and for all."

To the Grim [11]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You want technology related to factories? Thats a very specific request. I apologise that my scientists have not thought to work on anything of that sort. I can offer you the medical techniques and technologies I've been developing for the past few years."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-07-09 at 08:03 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147

AssassinGuy

Canada

To Grim
    Spoiler
    Show

We thank you for your generous offer of research aid. We think that this will be a great aid to our efforts. We will contact you on how long with and without the aid we will complete the devices after again consulting our scientists.

OOC: I'll have to wait for the GM to get back to me.

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show

With the Grim aid how much time will the research take? I still want to know how long without aid.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

russia

to the PRA
    Spoiler
    Show
    we would be glad to sign a non-aggression pact with you

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the PRA
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't have factories? We thought most of you warmlanders had them.
    OOC; Technicly, my gus are a little on the primitive side Sure, they have some areas of high tech or average tech, but's they don't have all the benfits of a civilized nation. They don't want a special factory, they want the details on how to build one.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the Grim
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You just want to know how factories work? I can certainly teach you that. Along with any other modern technologies you're interested in. If I'd known earlier, I'd have been glad to get you up to speed."