Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: TW: Shards of War (IC)

Ethiopia:
    (Def.Esp.14)

To Kenyugandan Rebels:
    (Def.Esp.? GM please announce a number)
    Spoiler
    Show
    An agent quetly tries to make contact with the rebels and to find a spokesperson that is fairly high in the rebel hierarchy to meet privately with a diplomat in Ethiopia.

To Nigerian Warlords:
    (Def.Esp.? GM please announce a number)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We wish to announce our peaceful intentions of giving longterm help to the population of Kenyuganda in rebuilding their lives. We will not take any offensive measures as long as you do the same.

To Hawaii:
    (Def.Esp.14)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you have any ideas about the rebels political convictions and ideals and if they would accept autonomy instead of actual independence should the opportunity present itself?

Open OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because I know how these things get lost some times when a new page starts, I am currently still waiting for an answer from Portugal and Russia. I plan to send out any PMs I announce after that but feel free to fluff out your faction accepting the private meetings. Especially with Saloa I'd like to know who my representative is meeting if you want me to roleplay a bit.

-
    Last edited by Rafinius; 2012-07-27 at 10:14 PM.

Current Status: Awake

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

Shards of War: The Caliphate of Ethiopa. Faithful inheritor of Kherans godly empire.

Broken City: Orc Uprising. Liberated Orcs that want to build a new life at the outskirts of Sav Altulas.

Voyage: Free Folk - Green Star. Your friendly neighbourhood anarchist pirate community.

[Defunct]
    Warhammer 40k: Gronarks Band. Kunning Blood Axe Warband.

GMT +2

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

russia
    morale:8

to ethiopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    let me be honest here. i only sent in my army, as a show of good faith towards our pact. they then returned the favor in austria

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ethiopia to Russia:
    (Lowest Def.Esp 8)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you for your frankness and honesty. I want you to know that Ethiopia regards Russias involvement only as peripheral it is completely understandable that you needed help in the war against your old enemies and thus in turn agreed to support another country in theirs. Any causus belli would be Portugals responsibility.
    However I advise you to choose wisely who and how you continue to support. Any further use of military force in African internal affairs is discouraged and we urge you to not get involved in the war on Madagascar as that would be seen as a breach of goodwill between our countries.
    May God give his blessing to your grand nation.
    -Dela Nar Umenei, Minister of Foreign Affairs.
    Last edited by Rafinius; 2012-07-28 at 04:48 AM.

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

Shards of War: The Caliphate of Ethiopa. Faithful inheritor of Kherans godly empire.

Broken City: Orc Uprising. Liberated Orcs that want to build a new life at the outskirts of Sav Altulas.

Voyage: Free Folk - Green Star. Your friendly neighbourhood anarchist pirate community.

[Defunct]

GMT +2

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Hawaii to Ethiopia14
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC, I sent some messages but haven't received any replies, I assume my country knows, but I don't.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Saloa to Ethiopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Saloan's highest ranked general is willing to meet with the Ethiopian emissary.

The Empire of the Resplendant Sun to the Grim
    Spoiler
    Show
    (There is no Japan)

Very well if you will aid us have your forces rendevous with ours.

OOC: Any NPC including the resistance groups, warlords, and such, which is not listed in the table has an effective espionage of 0 when it comes to messages. This does not mean that their resistance to espionage operations is 0, just that they are too small to protect every random message that comes there way.

The Kenyuganda Resistance to Ethiopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    The resistance isn't willing to meet unless you somehow prove that you are on their side.

The Nigerian Warlords to Ethiopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    The warlords agree, but only as long as you restrict your assistance to the Kenyuganda people with no ties to the resistance. Since to do otherwise would be to aid their enemy whether you provide weapons or merely humanitarian aid.

To Hawaii and Ethiopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Kenyuganda Resistance is the remains of the former Kenyugandan government. As far as their concerned the fall of Kenyuganda was a major setback, but not a complete death blow. They are willing to accept aid against the warlords, especially with Portugal back them, but their primary goal is to reestablish Kenyuganda not form some kind of vassal state to another pwoer. They are fighting for their freedom, and no matter how much you try to dress it up even asking if they would ask autonamy rather than independence is enough to highlight the fact that you are not offering that freedom.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Portugal to Ethiopia [10]
    Spoiler
    Show

''As a sign of good faith I'm willing to revoke my protectorate over Madagascar, if you pledge not to support resistance in Kenyuganda and commit to a non-agression treaty.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ethiopia to Saloa [9]
    Spoiler
    Show

To: His Ecxellency Samubai Imikheras, Supreme Leader of the Kheranic Republic of Saloa

My dear brother in the eyes of God
    I am planning to send this to the Portugese king and am hoping for your approval and blessing beforehand. Feel free to tell me if you disagree with anything.
    Spoiler
    Show

To: His Majesty King Jose II of Portugal

Is that all you have to say?
    You authorize an underhanded attack on my men in a war that doesn't concern you in any way and to ammend that you propose to stop something you shouldn't even have started as a sign of good faith? And also that just as a compromise to get me from not doing something that I never eluded to be planning to do in the first place. Your believe that I would help the previous Kenyugandan government to regain power shows how out of place and clueless you are in the continent of Africa.
    I stated my terms in my previous letter, in which I was asking for a solid explanation and the end of all hostilities, but after you now have added insult to injury I will add additional terms. In addition to explaining what the reasons behind your actions were, you are to tell me the troop positions and plans of Madagascar and forfeit your territory on that island to the Kheranic Alliance (Saloa and Ethiopia), preferably just before a major combat. You are also to publicly announce and actively work on transforming Kenyuganda into an autonomous colony under your control instead of an anarchic area controlled by foreign warlords and merely exploited by you. We are willing to aid you here.
    Learn to be more respectful and these negotiations may end up with us both working peacefully together instead of being in conflict.
    May God grand you a fraction of his wisdom.
    -His Highness the Caliph Abudjib Odesmaha Umenei III of Ethiopia
    (Approved by His Ecxellency Samubai Imikheras, Supreme Leader of the Kheranic Republic of Saloa)

P.S.: While I will not support the rebels, know that if any of your pet warlords do as much as touch an Ethiopian civilian I will torch every last one of them alive. Of course I would warn you beforehand so that you can retreat any of your troops if that were to happen.

May God forever continue to guide you on your reighteous path.
    Your brother at arms, Abudjib Odesmaha Umenei III of Ethiopia

To GM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Please PM Thelonious everything he should know about Madagascar by having aided them in the previous battle.

EDIT after recieving a GM PM:

Ethiopia to Portugal [10]:
    Spoiler
    Show

To: His Majesty King Jose II of Portugal

Is that all you have to say?
    You authorize an underhanded attack on my men in a war that doesn't concern you in any way and to ammend that you propose to stop something you shouldn't even have started as a sign of good faith? And also that just as a compromise to get me from not doing something that I never eluded to be planning to do in the first place. Your believe that I would help the previous Kenyugandan government to regain power shows how out of place and clueless you are in the continent of Africa.
    I stated my terms in my previous letter, in which I was asking for a solid explanation and the end of all hostilities, but after you now have added insult to injury I will add additional terms. In addition to explaining what the reasons behind your actions were, you are to tell me the troop positions and plans of Madagascar and forfeit your territory on that island to the Kheranic Alliance (Saloa and Ethiopia), preferably just before a major combat. You are also to publicly announce and actively work on transforming Kenyuganda into an autonomous colony under your control instead of an anarchic area controlled by foreign warlords and merely exploited by you. We are willing to aid you here.
    Learn to be more respectful and these negotiations may end up with us both working peacefully together instead of being in conflict.
    May God grand you a fraction of his wisdom.
    (Approved by His Ecxellency Samubai Imikheras, Supreme Leader of the Kheranic Republic of Saloa)

P.S.: While I will not support the rebels, know that if any of your pet warlords do as much as touch an Ethiopian civilian I will torch every last one of them alive. Of course I would warn you beforehand so that you can retreat any of your troops if that were to happen.

Last edited by Rafinius; 2012-08-03 at 03:59 AM.

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

[Defunct]

GMT +2

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

King Jose I of Portugal to Ethiopia

''My reason for protecting the Madagascar against your invasion was simple. When the kingdom of Saloa launched their war of conquest, they have secured massive military assistance from the PRA by promising to limit the military operations to retaking the Madagascar territories on the mainland Africa, after which they would pursue peace. This promise was broken or rather I don’t think Saloa were ever going to uphold it. As a man of honour, I have felt that if there is one constant in this world, it would be man’s own word. So seeing this injustice I’ve dispatched my armies to aid Madagaskar in defending their homeland.''

''As for your request for military intelligence on your enemy’s disposition, I assume most of the Madagascar’s troops are decomposing across the battlefields, where your American allies have slaughtered them. Why you would want to have intelligence on a nation that was in such disparate military situation, that they asked for Portugal's help, I have no idea.''

''I have no interest in having territory on Madagascar, so your request for me to abandon it can be safely granted. Abandoning it before a major battle would be a vile betrayal. You must see, that as a military man, such act would dishonour me and thus making such request is unbecoming.''

''I will concede to your request of making Kenyuganda into a proper Portuguese colony.''

''Your citizens would be able to avoid any bodily harm to them, if they stay the right side of the border. I’m perfectly aware you are trying to woo the Kenyugandan population to your side and I have placed no orders to stop, what is essentially a foreign subversion attempt in an already politically unstable situation. Making threats, while you are the one sending your citizens into the harms way for your political agenda appears to be rather discourteous.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Announcement
    It is made clear by unofficial channels to all nations, NPC and PC alike, that with the nominal fee of 2 temporary Research per turn, all messages of all nations that are protected by less than PM-level security will be automatically forwarded to their intelligence service of choice.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Canada

To Canadian Side of War [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

We have recently received intelligence that on the military activities of the other side of this war. Apparently they plan for the Hawaiian forces to push through the DUS and link up with PRA and PRC forces. We recommend that military forces be redistributed with the following objectives. 1. Defend DUS to keep enemies from joining their armies. 2. eliminate the PRC (spain/Altzan) and link up with the forces from the Northern members of our side of the war.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Alaska

To Canada PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you have the technology you promised us yet?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

12. - Top - End - #222

AssassinGuy

Canada

To Alaska [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: I thought I sent it to you last EOT. Oh well I'll send it to you this time. Sorry bout that
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

To Alaska and Canada
    Spoiler
    Show
    Canada did send the technology. I just forgot to mention it in the EoT.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Caliph found it rather quirky that king Jose II decided to answer in a newspaper rather than in a private letter, but wouldn't let himself be taken aback by this breach of privacy.

To King Jose II of Portugal:

Let me clear up several misconceptions you seem to have.
    First of all, the Kingdom of Saloa is no more. It hasn't existed since the times of the Great War. My nations alliance is with the Kheranic Republic of Saloa ruled by the reighteous and devout leader that is Samubai Imikheras.
    Second, I am pretty sure that it was never said that we only planned to take back the holy lands and wouldn't make sure that the Kingdom of Madagascar, an enemy to our way of life for centuries, would be a threat no longer. I know that the PRA only agreed to aid us in the first part of this crusade, but I do not know if there was a misconception on their part or if the PRA had other reasons to act as they did.
    Lastly, it is not a political agenda when my people come to the aid of their hungering and oppressed brothers in Kenyuganda. You could call it a religious agenda, but I won't forbid them from preaching the truth. I am sure that they will abide to your laws and be willing to be monitored once there is an actual rule of law established instead of the rule of these Nigerian thugs who call themselves Lords of Kenyuganda, who by the way are the only ones I have threatened.
    I will apologize for my rather unethical request regarding your current standing with Madagascar. I was angry when I wrote that and it is right that you should make it perfectly clear when you end an alliance. May God forgive me, for if it wasn't for your honor, my anger could have had grave consequences.
    God bless you and your dynasty.

To Saloa [9]:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now that Portugal has publicly announced that they will not aid Madagascar any longer, do you think that a request for total surrender comming from you in return for sparing their lives and allowing anyone who is not important to leave or live a life under our laws would be the right course of action?

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

[Defunct]

GMT +2

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Turn 9, January, 1937 CE

The world is truly at war now. In the east and the west, in the north and the south. Entire countries draw themselves up preparing for what they see as an inevitable conflict, while the ones actually involved in the war send forth massive armies to clash with their enemies.

The current wars are the most brutal in North America. In the North the PRA has continued its assault on the Democratic Union of States. For a time it appeared that the defenders would hold out bolstered as they were by their Canadian and Grim allies. But rather than withdrawing to resupply as expected the PRA commanders instead continued to send wave after wave of undersupplied and already wounded troops at the DUS fortifications. Worn down under a sea of corpses the DUS lines eventually broke and the red tide poured forward to the Pacific coast, nominally still under the control of Hawaii. The Canadians reeling at the loss of their foremost ally retreated north and established new defensive lines slightly south of their old border with the DUS.

Further south in the Caribbean the PRA's allies did not fare so well. The Scandinavian and Russian fleets, bolstered by the exiled PRC forces moved to attack the Aztlan Hegemony. But they were unable to catch the formidable natives off guard. Intercepted by the floating monoliths of the Aztlan home fleet along with several Spanish battleship groups the coalition of European forces were soundly between and forced to sail north to take refuge in friendly harbors.

Slightly lower key were the wars in Africa. In the south the Saloan/Madagascar war finally drew to a close as the last Madagascar defenders were defeated abandoned by their short lived Portuguese protectors. As the last Australian ships withdrew the Saloan flag was raised over the former capital of Madagascar.

Further north the Nigerian warlords clashed with the Kenyuganda resistance and slowly gained the upper hand, even as the Portuguese forces again abandoned the area under mysterious circumstances.

Those circumstances were revealed shortly later as the entire Portuguese armada steamed through the Pacifica Ocean bypassing every other island and country on its way to its final destination, Hawaii. Frantic Hawaiian defenders recalled the numerous exploratory expeditions the small kingdom had sent out, and just barely was able to repel the initial Portuguese assaults. In Europa Portuguese officials have denied the war, saying that the orders sending the Portuguese forces east were forged. Most however do not believe this explanation as it is too pat, and Hawaii has offered provocations to the aggressive Portuguese king before.

In Europe itself the Roman Empire continues its campaign against the Arkadaslik. The Arkadaslik defenders have fought hard and managed to slow the Romans down. But most independent analysts believe it is only a matter of time before the superior Roman Legions achieve victory.

Finally in Asia the Empire of the Resplendent Empire has launched another attack on their hated enemies the Kushan. Attacking swiftly they have advanced from eastern portion of their ally Bod accompanied by forces of the newly expanding Grim, and have managed to wreak havoc in the surprised Kushan Army. The Kushan have called on their Mongol allies, and vowed to push the Resplendent Sun back once more.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Portugal

To Ethiopia
    Spoiler
    Show

It appears my operation to pacify Kenyuganda and make it into a proper Portuguese Colony was sabotaged, by somebody, who thinks he can command my armies for me. I want to reassure you I didn’t try to break my word and I will uphold it, once I sort out this confusion.

To Canada

''As you must understand. This means war.''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2012-08-09 at 03:12 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227

AssassinGuy

Canada
    morale: 10

To Portugal

Why would this mean war? What have we done to you?

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Antarctic (Eastern Ice shelf)

A large figure is walking, dressed in well worn fur and leather, with his only weapons his hands, and his spears. Nearly six feet tall, with grey hair, and bleaker eyes then the deep sea floor, he's walking calming, yet wairly, to a open gulch. Even those who do not claim to be mystics can feel it here. A coldness, not the clean, crisp clood of the land, but as if the borders between the living and the dead are much thinner here.

This is no place for the living, the land sees to say. You have no place here. Here, you with beating heart, with warm flowing blood, tread where mortals dare not go but once. For this is deaths domain, and you are not ready.

And so, the Thane begins to brood, knowing that they await him.

The wars were going bad and well. Fighting is fighting, and the pay is good. But what good is it to fight and lose? What good is it to have nothing left? The only good victory is killing them, and not having many of yours die. However, when they cannot see common sense, drastic mesures are called for.

The wind is howling, sheriking like the damned souls that wander here. No matter what those warmlanders say, there are things out there that wait beyond the hearthfires, things that were once here, but now waiting to come back in. But that is not the point. I didn't come here to think about relgion or mystisim. I came here to deal with the Dead

Inside the Gulch

The wind howling between the walls singing a agless lament, words are spoken.

"Leave the dead to their duty. Or join us."

The dead. Dishonored and cast out, deprived of weapons and clothes, to live or die by their own innate might. Few 'survived'. There only means to atone, to seek a final death against the most savage beasts they could. Many have died fighting the orcas, several with leapord seals. At other times, they arranged great melees, where they fought each other to the death.

"The Living call for the dead. The Warmlands are filled with war. There, the dead may have blood to sate their hunger. Their they may find redemption for their crimes. There, the dead can seek death. The ships sail soon."

Around the gulch, from several hidden caves, the Dead emerge. As large as the thane, wwith the apprence of wild beasts. Clad in crude leather, or rather skins of penguin and seal, with clubs or axes of stone, they do not look like man. They remeble something from a past man has tried desperatly to bury, to forget the shame of being far closer to animal then sentient.

And one moves up to the Thane, almost towering over him. A thousand scars adorn his body, his hair white with age. But this is the most fell of the Dead, the one they call the Reaper. The Legends spoken amongst the hearths tell of his exploits, to seek a brave death. His axe, Nameless is told to have been made of the bones and teeth of the Orca that gave him his name. And he wears the skin!

"The Dead hear. The Warmlands shall know the Dead, and we shall seek our attonment there."

The Thane nods, and leaves. The Dead will come to the ships, and the Warmlands will learn a valuble lesson. Do not fear death. There is far worse.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Hawaii (Mauna Kea)
    The tower of four terrestrial planes was the highest point in Hawaii. On its highest floor was a lantern that guided ships to harbor in the homelands furthest island. At its base was a doorway 40 feet high, through which his ancestors had walked in and out before the planes of magma had cooled. Northstar, head of the house of Sky, named king of Hawaii, stood in the center of his capital feeling miles away from any living being. He was not old, but he was childless, and his house had never been fecund, if events went awry his house would switch lines as the other three houses named on this tower had years before.
    It had been 160 years since hostile forces were visible from this tower, a signal to begin an age that could now be a signal to end it. Hawaiians liked to brag that no invader had ever stepped foot upon their soil, a boast that had morphed into an almost religious maxim, but time can bring insight as well as detachment in our understanding of the past. Many of his people saw, as they looked upon the Portuguese fleet, how far from this statement of fact were the things about their country and their world they had held their shore’s inviolateness to signify. Most expected Portuguese troops to gain a beachhead in weeks. Nihilistic despair permeated the ebb and flow of the islands defense preparations.
    In the dark of night, illuminated periodically as the light of the lantern above passed over the window, Northstar communed with his ancestors. The people of Hawaii bound their souls to Kokytium so that they may be physically present with their loved ones as they are in their memories, and so that in a time of need they can help their loved ones one last time. His family's stone was one of the first split shards and 5 generations had confined their souls to it, thanks to his brother’s untimely death. Holy men carried shards over the paths and through the tunnels of the ash fields where over a millennia of the island's people had been interred before, seeking to gain their voices.
    The temptation was great to use these souls to destroy the Portuguese invaders, calling upon the soil of the islands to defend itself and allowing the soldiers recently killed to exact their vengeance. If he called upon the power of his ancestors as a gesture many would follow, even as a king seen only as less disappointing then the noble houses he feuded with. The presence of their parents and brothers in arms would bolster the spirits of the Hawaiian soldiers and give a show of power that would grow Hawaii’s legend across the world. But his brother did not live his life for spite and the holy men on the slopes below him did not walk their paths for pride. Every family and shrine could make their own decision, but while he was its head the house of Sky would not call upon the final act of its souls to kill their fellow men, even those like the Portuguese with which it adamantly disagreed.
    With his choice made, Northstar left the tower to lift the wills of his island's defenders with his own voice. They would fight the Portuguese in the water where they lay, on the beaches when they crossed, and even to the tower where his ancestors sang. Because of his decision many of them would die. He could only pray that their souls were equally inclined towards mercy.

20. - Top - End - #230

AssassinGuy

Canada

The Front Lines (southern Alberta)

John peaks up over the hastily erected fortifications along the newly set up front lines against the PRA. He sees what remains of the battlefield as the PRA forces pursued the remaining DUS survivors north. The lines had held against the onslaught, but many had died. The war was not going well, not well at all. The fall of the DUS meant the loss of a vital ally, and he just hoped taht the catastrophic losses the PRA took taking the place would let them win out.

He then hears the voice of his friend Taylor coming from over his shoulder saying You never get used to seeing this do you? And to think that this all started over some orders the Portuguese forged. a few lines on a page caused all of this death, without even effecting the party that caused this. John looks over at the man, not having noticed him until he spoke up. He nods in agreement and turns to say something when he hears a bang and Taylor slumps to the ground dead, a hole in his head. Sniper he yells, quickly pulling his head down.

Parliament (Central Alberta)

Prime Minister Bennett looked around at his cabinet as he paces around the room. So what do you think about this Portugal situation? He looks around, and the first one to speak up is the minister of defense. Well, they are obviously engaging Hawaii at the moment, so I doubt that they will have the resources to engage us at the moment, and their claims that we did it ring hollow. I mean the PRA said something similar and Portugal was behind it, so clearly they are not above things like this. They probably are just trying to distract everyone so that they ignore Portugal's actions. Bennett nods slowly and says Let's hope you're right, because we do not need another enemy in this war. Hopefully this is just a ruse to distract from their invasion of Hawaii.

Research Labs (Location Classified)

Paul looks around his new Quarters, thinking them a tad spartan but it isn't like he has any other option at the moment. With the DUS occupied it wasn't like he had anywhere else to go. At least here his research would be put to good use avenging the deaths of his comrades. thinking to himself he thought why did this war happen? It all just seems so pointless. a simple accusation that wasn't even Canada's and the entire world breaks out into a gigantic war. He stares at the picture of his family on his desk for a while, before marching to the labs, hoping to put his talents to good use.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Grim
    Morale; 10

These warmlands are... intresting. A bloody morasses, where even deep winter never seems to bring peace. Not that they know anything about true winter, not here.

The corpses pilling up, in a way, it is a good thing. The PRA may have overrun, but how many did they lose? You lose to many, it becomes a war where the scavanger is the true victor. Nonethless, tonight, will be a good night, admist the screams and shadows.

The PRA Camps

Don't these foolish Warmlanders ever learn? We've been cutting their necks for months, stealing their supplies, and they offer no true resistence. Bah, they've never been hardened. Tonight, a few more of their soldiers will die. Tonight, a few more warriors will never wake. It's looking to be a good night.

Parliament (Central Alberta)

A Jarl stands outside the doors. Strange to see buildings of stone aboveground. Still, to each their own.

When he manages to find someone that looks important, he bluntly states his message. "We leave this night to hunt them in our bands. Ambush, poison, disease, these we will use to gut them. We'll see you at Hollows Moon." And with that, he leaves.

The Hunting bands gather, each with it's own leader, each with it's own fell purpose. They will head south. They will kill everything attached to the millitary. They will incite a fear in them that it will echo in their blood for a thousand generations! They will not fight as armies. Not against such overwhelming force. They will hunt in small bands, invisable, unseen. They will be the death from the shadows, that flicker of movement you see before all goes dark. They've gotten serious.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

President William Jefferson sat in the oval office, seat of power for the newly united States of America. He casually sipped a glass of tea, as General Douglas MacArthur went over the latest figures from the war.

..."All in all, we've suffered six million casualties this season."

William mulled over the number for a moment.

"Those are acceptable losses. The advantage is now ours in the north"

"But at the cost of so many men...."

"Is that not the purpose of the military? A group of men willing to give up their lives for the ideals of a nation."

"Perhaps, but public opinion has dropped"

"Pah. A minor dip. It seems our people aren't quite patriotic enough. We'll divert resources from our new pit to public works."

"Can we afford to divert resources away from the war effort?"

"No, if we were attacking Canada, but we don't need to. The Canadians have two years to take back the western united states, or the DUS ceases to exist as an idea. We just need to wait, let them dash themselves against our defences, and clear away whatever is left afterwards."

"Two years? What are we supposed to do in that time?"

"It may not be that long, though I don't see why the Canadians would attack sooner. Regardless, our allies in the south should finally start making some progress."

"They've already suffered one defeat."

"Yes, but they've mostly finished up their conflicts in Europe now. They'll be ready to act with their full force. And if that's not enough? Well, we've shown our allies what is necessary for good to triumph over evil. Evil has always taken extreme measures to protect it's power, but we have no lack of men willing to die for what they know is right."

"Let us hope our allies have the same commitment we do."
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-08-11 at 08:46 AM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Hawaii to Ethiopia (15)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I hope our temporary absence from the region will not be taken as neglect, we still wish to bring about an independent and representative Kenuganda at the earliest opportunity. While we are unavoidably engaged, we would implore your people consider: the conquest of Madagascar can be delayed with few serious consequences, but the opportunity to restore peace in Kenuganda fades rapidly away, and every delay brings great suffering.

24. - Top - End - #234

AssassinGuy

Canada

To Canada's Allies in the PRA conflict [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

We have received an interesting offer from Hawaii. They offered to withdraw their forces from North America (presumably to deal with the Portugese invasion) and give them into our control. As payment they have requested either 2 major technologies, or 3 shards. We feel that as this removes a major PRA ally that we should do this. It is now a matter of who is willing to provide payment.

our invisibility tech covers a major tech, now we either need another tech or some shards (asked for confirmation on whether 1 or 2 shards needed to complete deal). I have also asked for confirmation that they intend to stay neutral for the entire remaining duration of the war.

Also the Empire of Resplendent sun has (supposedly, I am confirming) agreed to moderate and ensure the truthfulness of the negotiations. So should they confirm this makes it far more likely that these are fair.

Also PRC has ESP Defense of 1. We are sending our spies elsewhere, but we recommend that our allies use their ESP on the PRC while their defenses are still low. If you think you can do so we recommend forging orders to make them attack the PRA. This is certainly a lofty goal but with 1 DEF it might be possible. Also with 1 morale if you could sabotage propaganda or something we might be able to get people in the occupied territories to revolt and join us. Please do not waste this opportunity.

Should the deal go through we recommend that military forces attack through the newly acquired territories in the former DUS. They will not guard that front too well, and liberating the DUS given us the opportunity to gain support from the DUS resistance, adding them to our forces. we reccommend re-installing the DUS government in these territories to further gain us support from the resistance.

To Empire of resplendant sun [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

We have recently recieved word that you are willing to mediate and ensure the truthfullness of the negotiations between us and Hawaii. Is this true? We would like confirmation before we agree to anything with them.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Grim
    ESP-D 10

Spoiler
    Show

We can offer our long range radios. It should be in the same catagory. After all, increased cordination with all troops is a very useful thing.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236

AssassinGuy

Canada

To Canada's Allies [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    That seems good. Also specifically they have said that a research must have taken at least 15 research to be considered major. Assuming that qualifies then it looks like payment in technology will work. They have also agreed not to share the techs we give them with other nations. This agreement looks like it will go through.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    They took about 45 research, give or take 5. They should qualify. We'll send them to you.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

The Empire of Resplendent Sun to the Canadian Federal Imperium
    Spoiler
    Show
    We can confirm that this is true.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caliphate of Ethiopia
    (Def.Esp.15)

To Portugal:
    (Def.Esp.2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do not worry. I have the situation under control. A colonial government under Portugal will be duly established. Please accept my ambassador to fill you in with the details.

PM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kenyuganda will be pacified and a constitutional government will be established with you (i.e. your governor) as head of the government and with full power over military, external and administrative policy and the hell pits. You will also have considerable power over the other issues although a parliament will be created for social and domestic issues. (OOC: I will write you the details when I have the time).
    As you understand that will not possible as long as the Nigerian Warlords are still in charge so I plan to send them back home. I hope that you will announce to them that they are not welcome anymore and recompensate them however you see fit. If they refuse to leave I will resort to military force and probably use the rebels against them. On a positive note, that should also gain me the trust of the Resistance and enough intel to make sure that they too will be unable to stand in the way of your new colonial government.
    Now to a different mater. Do you know who it was that infiltrated you? I'd like to confirm my suspicion that it were Louxembourg mercenary agents and not actual Canadians.

To Hawaii:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do not worry. The conquest of Madagascar is completed and we have the situation under control. I recomend that you leave the Kenyuganda issue to me as it is far from your land and just next to mine.
    On a different note, I am inclined to believe Portugal regarding his claim of forged commands seeing as that seems to be the reason for a major conflict in our world already. I believe you know who would have such capabilities.

To the Kheranic Republic of Saloa [PM]:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would caution you not to involve yourself in the american war too obviously and to inform me about any military mission you plan so that I am prepared to aid you if needed.
    Last edited by Rafinius; 2012-08-20 at 03:38 AM.

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

[Defunct]

GMT +2

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Peoples Republic of America

To The Canadian Imperium [12]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Let's talk. Face to Face"