New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: TW: Shards of War (IC)

Turn 10, July, 1937 CE

In fits and starts the world remains at war. The world watches and waits to see what will happen next.

North American Troubles
    The Canadian Federal Imperium is invaded yet again. But this time not by the forces of the PRA. Instead the forces of Portugal have broken off their invasion of Hawaii and moved north to attempt an invasion of Canada's little defended western provinces. It appears that there is little the vastly outnumbered Canadian defenders can do as they scramble to move into position to stop the invading Portuguese. But then relief arrives in the form of the Alaskan army. Although still outnumbered heavily by the Portuguese Alaska and Canada's defenders move with precision blocking each of Portugal’s advances and eventually forcing them to retreat. Falling back the Portuguese carve off a chunk of undefended DUS territory that Hawaii had abandoned and prepare for a second strike.

In the south the fighting was more decisive. Without aid from its ally the PRA the last forces of the People's Republic of the Caribbean had bunkered down in hopes of at least surviving the coming onslaught, but such was not to be. A massive combined Aztlan and Spanish armada converged on the under supplied defenders. Spanish battleships bombarded the coast with unending waves of shells from their massive steam cannons, while the floating fortresses of the Aztlan released waves of elite Jaguar mechs to assault the PRC lines directly. In such a one sided battle the outcome was clear from the beginning, and all remaining PRC forces are believed to have been destroyed utterly.

Warring Warlords
    In Africa an invasion force of Ethiopian troops moved into the former territory of Kenyuganda and issued an ultimatum for the warlords hired by Portugal to maintain order to leave. In a move which most took as sheer bravado the warlords declined. But to the surprise of the most of the world, not least the Ethiopians the warlords proved to be much more than mere native warbands and a rabble of ill equipped warriors. In fact observers report that the warlords had equipped their troops with the latest in military technology, although obviously of Portuguese make, and were well trained and prepared as a fighting force. The Ethiopian invasion force was stalemated after heavy fighting, and the world watches with bated breath for how Portugal will react to this invasion of their territory.

Asian Assault
    Things continue to go poorly for the Kushan Empire. Although the Kushan boast some of the world's most impressive fortresses, and are backed up by the fierce Mongolian Iron Horde, they proved unable to stop the Resplendent Empire from advancing once more into their territory. In turn however this was not due to the dazzling Resplendent Empire Sun Weapons, or the near superhuman feats of the Bod warrior monks. Rather it was simply due to the fact that the Khmer Empire had been lured into the fight on the side of the Resplendent Empire. Although not officially allying with the Resplendent Empire the Khmer's push drew Kushan troops away from the Himalayas allowing the Resplendent Empire to continue to make progress.

European Endeavors
    The Roman Empire meanwhile continues its quiet but ruthless destruction of the Arkadaslik Union. Roman Legions push back Union troops at every turn, and foreign analysts posit that if nothing changes the Romans will have likely finished their conquest by the start of the new year.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Portugal to Ethiopia, Russia
    Spoiler
    Show

Okay. Why not. As long as your troops are withdrawn and don’t interfere with the running of the colony, I accept. Can we have a nation I trust – Russia, serve as guarantor for this agreement. Your entrance into my territory with your troops is rather unsettling, and I believe we both have reasons to have additional reassurance, that neither seeks ill against the other.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Canada
    morale: 10

To PRA
    Spoiler
    Show

We agree to this meeting.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Peoples Republic of America

To Canada [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It's quite simple really. I'm willing to call off the war, right now. You interested?"

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caliphate of Ethiopia
    (Def.Esp.14)

Announcement to the population of Mahajanga, Madagascar

Tamir stood in front of a large crowd of natives, who were probably still pretty disgruntled by the fate of their nation. Who knows what they would have done to him if not for the Ethiopian troops everywhere. He still wasn't sure if his cousin had given him this position here as a reward or as punishment. Yes, he had been told that his organizational and political talent was needed in the new province but he couldn't shake away the feeling that this was an exile for medling in to many affairs of the more senior family members. Ah well, he still had his beautiful wife at his side and would do the best he could with what had been given, God willing at least.
    Tamir cleared his throat readhis prepared speech.
    "Citizen of Mahajanga. As you know this city has been ceded to the Caliphate of Ethiopia by its previous holder, King Jose II of Portugal who held it by right of conquest. Thus any resident is now official subjects of His Highness Abudjib Odesmaha Umenei III and the Umenei family. I am Tamir Odesmaha Umenei and have been named governor of this city by the Caliph."
    "First of all, You are free to believe what you want but I will not accept any pagan rituals and hedonistic behavior. All Malagasy temples will be closed and replaced by proper churches. Conversion is not mandatory but will be the first step for any of you who wish to become full citizen of the Caliphate of Ethiopia and by sending your children to one of the new Ethiopian schools you can ensure that they too have all the rights an Ethiopian child would have.
    To ensure order there will be a curfew and being outside of ones home after 10:30 will require a permit until further notice. On a more positive note, all bussiness within Mahajanga is granted a complete tax exemption and will have no obligations other than following the law and continue to show hospitality to the brave men and women of the Ethiopian military."
    "While you are free to leave and enter the city whenever you wish and settle anywhere else on Madagascar, know that the rest of the island is under jurisdiction of the Kheranic Republic of Saloa and you will have to follow their laws after passing the provincial borders. Leaving the island of Madagascar by sea is only possible with permission from either Ethiopian or Saloan authorities."
    "However, I would recommend all able bodied men and women to stay. The Caliph wishes to transform this city into a jewel of industry and naval construction and heavy investments are already on their way. Both a large workforce and a strong economy will be required and any work will be rewarded with good Ethiopian currency. Only by working together can we transform this place from a minor province that survived conquest into a great city known over the world of which your children will be proud to live in."
    "May God bless Mahajanga and protect its people. Thank you."

To Portugal:
    (Def.Esp.13)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Of course my military will not involve itself in the running of your colony and once Kenyuganda is pacified and a lawful government has been created and stabilized I will retreat my forces. Russia is welcome to oversee the whole process and even more welcome to aid in it. To further reassure you I will send a shipment of oblivion shards as a sign of good will and for the inconvenience I caused.
    I could not wait to stop the Nigerian Warlords from their thuggery and disorganized war against the Kenyugandan Resistance, which was paid in blood by the populace and only fueled dissent even more. Even less I knew how well funded they had become during their aid in your conquest. I hope you can persuade them that their ill concieved task of overlording is over and I am happy to help you further if they request compensation.
    In order to appease the people of Kenyuganda I think a constitutional government that gives at least some power to the people should be best. That is after all what the previous communist government that now leads the Resistance was promising them. If you have major concerns we will adress them.

Attached the plans for the new government:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Head of State:
    The Head of State of the Portugese Colony of Kenyuganda will of course be the King of Portugal. He has the sole and full power over Kenyugandas Hell Pits and military. Because of his much further reaching responsibilities he is requested to appoint a governor. The only requirements for appointments are that the governor will take residence in Kenyuganda and that he has no other governing responsibilities or positions other than being Governor of Kenyuganda. This is to make sure that the colony is well governed.
    The Governor can be deposed either by the King himself or if both legislative request a new governor with a 65% majority each.

Executive:
    The executive governs the colony on behalf of the king to whom it fully answers. It is headed by the governor and the colonial ministers that he or the king appoint. It is in control of all internal security and policing forces and appoints 3 of the 9 high justices at will.

Legislative:
    The legislative branch is formed of two distinct parliaments. The Peoples House of Representatives and the Colonial Senate.
    The Peoples Representative is elected by universal suffrage of all Kenyugandan citizen of majority age. It has sole jurispundence regarding laws concerning traditions, families and social and domestic civil issues. To be nominated as a representative you must be male, over the age of 27 and not have been involved in crimes against the king and government.
    The Colonial Senate is a hereditary council. Seats in it are hereditary or tied to a position or territory (like a current bishop, major, general, CEO or land holder of importance) and initially given by the king of Portugal. The governor presides over it and he and the ministers often also have a voting seat. 50% of the council must be of Kenyugandan nationality (with at least one Kenyuganda born parent). The senate has jurispundence over all laws regarding administrative and economic issues and internal security.
    Other laws, like those regarding education or the environment, need a majority vote of both houses. That is also the case for any constitutional ammends.
    Both houses elect 3 of the 9 high justices.

Judicative:
    All judges only need to answer to their superior judges. They swear equal fealty to king, country, people and constitution. The highest judical authority are the 9 High Justices. 3 are elected by the Peoples House of Representatives for life and may only be replaced by a 65% majority vote. 3 are elected by the Colonial Senate and may be replaced by a 65% majority or directly accquited by the king himself upon which the senate elects a replacement. 3 are appointed by the government at will and answer to it and the king.

To Saloa:
    (Def.Esp.21)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are very sorry for not informing you beforehand, but are pretty sure that Portugal will not see our actions as acts of war but as aid in cleaning up. Attached Portugals last message in case they haven't already read it as per treaty.
    PM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We wanted to know your plans for the future only insofar we may work together and aid you. If we continue expanding in any direction, doing it together may be for the best and if you have goals that we can help with we are happy to do so. As we are the last two Kheranic nations, any influence that one of us gains increases the reach of Kherans reighteous message and is in accordance to Gods will, don't you agree?

Current Status: Awake

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

Shards of War: The Caliphate of Ethiopa. Faithful inheritor of Kherans godly empire.

Broken City: Orc Uprising. Liberated Orcs that want to build a new life at the outskirts of Sav Altulas.

Voyage: Free Folk - Green Star. Your friendly neighbourhood anarchist pirate community.

[Defunct]
    Warhammer 40k: Gronarks Band. Kunning Blood Axe Warband.

GMT +2

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Portugal to Ethiopia
    Spoiler
    Show

If your military opts to remain in Kenyuganda, until the order is restored, then I must request, that your forces fully cooperate in putting down the rebellion against Portuguese rule. This is the main obstacle to the establishment of law and order in the nation.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

7. - Top - End - #247

AssassinGuy

Canada

To PRA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

We will have to discuss the issue with our allies. Exactly what conditions would you be prepared to accept? Would you accept a deal that reestablishes the DUS government with pre-war borders? Would you accept a re-establishment of the DUS with different borders than pre-war? Will you not accept the re-establishment of the DUS at all? How much territory changing hands is acceptable to you? With Hawaii having abandoned their territory we need a decision on what to do with those territories as well.

Additionally Portugal will likely not be withdrawing from the war if you leave it so we need to discuss what to do about that. At minimum you need to deny them the ability to move through your territory to attack us.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To Canada [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I am negotiating on behalf of my nation, Switzerland, Russia, Hawaii, Ethiopia and Saloa. You may negotiate a seperate peace with Portugal, or continue to war with them. They are a clear threat to international security, so I will not be granting them any assistance."

"I am prepared to cede territories, but not Oblivion Pits. We both know the Aztlan aren't going to give up their pits, so an exchange won't work."

"Other than that, there are no conditions. We are prepared to accept our casualties, as our own fault, and ask for no compensation."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ethiopia to Portugal [13]:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A middle aged man of the name Gerard El Umenei arrives on an Ethiopian steam ship in Lissabon. He shows the caliphal sigil to the government officials that recieve him and requests to speak directly to the king or one of his ministers.

PM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Caliph asked me to overbring you these exact words: "Of course we will help routing out the rebels. We already planned on doing so and have started their infiltration. It is just that we are trying to keep it secret as there may be more nations like Hawaii who wish to see the communist regime restored. If the warlords should retreat we expect to deploy the majority of our forces to pacify and secure Kenyuganda under your rule. Does that also mean that you find our plans for the colonial constitution amicable?"

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

Shards of War: The Caliphate of Ethiopa. Faithful inheritor of Kherans godly empire.

Broken City: Orc Uprising. Liberated Orcs that want to build a new life at the outskirts of Sav Altulas.

Voyage: Free Folk - Green Star. Your friendly neighbourhood anarchist pirate community.

[Defunct]

GMT +2

10. - Top - End - #250

AssassinGuy

Canada

To Canada's Allies
    Spoiler
    Show

We have received an interesting offer from the PRA. we would like to discuss it in private. please send representatives to our parliament so we can discuss without being overheard.

To PRA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

We have not discussed this with our allies yet, so keep in mind that this is solely the opinion of our nation, and not that of any of our allies.

That being said we are prepared to accept your offer, should our allies also be willing. This war has gone on for far too long.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Canadians

Spoiler
    Show
    One of the Jarls shows up. He'll go along with the choice you make.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

12. - Top - End - #252

AssassinGuy

Canada

To PRA [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

In this matter the Grim have lent me their support. They will agree with whatever agreement we come to.

The only major issue that remains outstanding is that of the territory on the west coast. As far as we know this territory has no shards, so is not too important, but we need to decide what will happen. A land trade route to Altzan would benefit us, so we propose that we take over this land. Additionally it gives our forces a direct line to attack the Portuguese forces that have landed, should we not be able to come to an agreement with them. It is not too major an issue, however we need to come to some sort of agreement.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aztlan Hegemony
    Def Esp: 16

To Canada (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: If I recall, I think you can only create PMs between one pair of players. So directed just to you. If that is not correct to all Canadian allies. Though basically you can just act as the relay.

King Itzcoatl himself has arrived to the parliament meeting to hear the PRA's offer.

14. - Top - End - #254

AssassinGuy

Canada
    morale: 9

To Altzan [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

The basics of the PRA offer is that they and all that they negotiate for (all enemies except portugal) are willing to offer a ceasefire. They are willing to renegotiate borders somewhat but will be keeping all conquered pits. They feel that this balances out the pits you have taken from the PRC.

We are prepared to accept this offer as the war has dragged on too long, however we felt that we should talk to our allies first. After this we hope to force portugal to a ceasefire, or failing that conquor them. We hope that you will continue to support us against portugal should a diplomatic solution not be possible.
    Last edited by hydroplatypus; 2012-08-26 at 08:59 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

russia
    morale:8

to portugal/ethiopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    i would be willing to oversee efforts in kenyuganda. i cannot commit any resources until the rebellion in austria is put down.

to portugal[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    do you plan to press this war with canada? if so you will have my full support once im finished in austria. do you have any indications of their military strength?

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Alaska

To Canada (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    So what's going on?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

17. - Top - End - #257

Aztlan Hegemony

To Canada (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    So they would retain the former DUS Pits, and myself and Spain would retain the Cuban Pits, correct? What would happen to the PRC and DUS? Will you attempt to rebuild their government or shall they remain destroyed?

18. - Top - End - #258

AssassinGuy

Canada
    morale: 9

To Altzan [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

It would appear that the governments will be left destroyed. Without pits they wouldn't be capable of having a working economy.

To Alaska [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Basically the PRA and their allies (except portugal) want a ceasefire. Altzan/Spain keep the pits from PRC, PRA keeps the ones from the DUS. Both now nonexistant governments will not be reconstituted. Minor territory re-adjustments, but no pits change hands from current owners.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Alaska

To Canada PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    You should try and make sure that we can keep our alliance together to fight Portugal. Perhaps we can get the PRA to assist us somewhat. But overall we do want peace. This war has gone on for far too long.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #260

Aztlan Hegemony
    Morale: 16

To Canada (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would be willing to accept their offer of a ceasefire, provided the Aztlan can keep the PRC's former lands. (OOC: The Caribbean Islands and their mainland territory on the Gulf of Mexico) The territory of the DUS that the Cubans conquered I will cede if necessary.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caliphate of Ethiopia
    All over the world, diplomats and merchants from Ethiopia spread the rumors that the Caliph is very interested in two technologies.
    One of them is the means of cleansing land and people from the Acherium induced blight
    The other one is the interest in any and all flight technology.
    The rumors range from this being just a musing of the Caliph and nothing of importance or priority to him being willing to pay outrageous prizes just for prototypes.

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

[Defunct]

GMT +2

22. - Top - End - #262

Aztlan Hegemony

To PRA (PM):
    Spoiler
    Show
    So as I understand it, you are offering for yourself, the Russians, and the Scandinavians to abide to a cease fire provided you keep the Hades Pits from the DUS. And you are willing for myself and Spain to retain control of the Pits of the PRC, provided all those nations on the side of Canada (myself, Spain, Alaska, Grim(?)) also abide by the cease-fire. The only thing not discussed was the division of land. Correct?

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

To the Aztlan [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yes. Myself, the Scandinavians, Russians, Ethiopians and Saloans, wish to call a cease-fire with yourself, the Alaskans, Canadians and the Grim."

"You may keep the land you've taken from the Carribeans, and their Oblivion Pits. I will be keeping the Oblivion Pits I have taken from the DUS.

"I am willing to sign to this effect, as soon as your side has finished deliberations"

To the Empire of the Resplendent Sun [11]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The war in America is coming to a close, with both sides soon to finish the peace negotiations. I desire to assist you in your conflict, but I do not want to send any of my people to their deaths, if I can not promise them compensation. If I bring my full strength to bear on your enemies, can you promise me one quarter of the captured Oblivion gates?
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-08-31 at 01:30 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264

Aztlan Hegemony

To PRA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    When you refer to the Caribbean, do you mean all of the lands the PRC had conquered or simply their natural territory of the Gulf?

Once that issue is settled, I will gladly agree to a cease-fire. I will talk to Alaska to see what they need to agree to it as well. And unfortunately, the Aztlan have stretched ourselves a bit thin with our negotiators. If you wish to negotiate with the Grim for peace and keep said terms private, you'll need to send one of your own VIPs.

OOC: Alaska will be my third of three PMs this turn. So either I can talk to Grim where other people can read it or you will need to.

To Alaska (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have taken on the responsibility of negotiating peace terms with the PRA and their allies for our side of the war. Did you have any demands or concessions you wished to make that are necessary before you are willing to agree to a cease fire?

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Alaska to Aztlan (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nope. You may proceed with negotiations freely.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

26. - Top - End - #266

Aztlan Hegemony

To Alaska (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good. This war has gone on for long enough. Would it be possible for you to consult with the Grim as to whether they have any demands? The King and Commander of the Aztlan are already meeting with Alaska and the PRA, respectively.

To PRA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alaska is content simply with the ceasefire. I have also asked if they could speak to the Grim to see if they have any terms.
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2012-08-31 at 04:12 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

PM from Hawaii to Ethiopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    Caliphate, It has come to the ears of our house that you seek to learn more about the sciences of flight and counteracting Archerium poisoning. We have a long history as leaders in aerial technology and counteracting Archerium's wrath was to be our next major undertaking. Our nation is among the leading scientific powers of the world, and we would gladly share with you the first technology and collaborate with you to create the second in six month's time. OOC I was planning to give my advanced raiders to anyone who participated in the planned tech exchange, so if that was an area of interest for you simple write in your EoT to send a tech to swap with me and you can have the plans immediately.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Except for the current research project and the tech I got from my allies, do I have any kind of beneficial technology from when my faction was an NPC? Do the phlegentium-based conflagrator weapons or the efficient phlegentium/shard fuel mix we talked about count as anything beyond fluff and if yes, how exactly?

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

[Defunct]

GMT +2

29. - Top - End - #269

AssassinGuy

Canada

To Canada's Allies
    Spoiler
    Show

Assuming peace negotiations go well do you wish to keep the alliance together to fight portugal? they entered this war and are not negotiating for peace, and a blight upon the earth besides that. We should take this opportunity and get rid of them.

To PRA, Canada's Allies [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

So what has hapened in negotiations while I was gone?

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The People Republic of America

To Canada
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Aztlan and Alaskan's agreed to the terms of the treaty, which are unchanged. All that's left is the Grim.