New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 22: In Which Two Problems Prevent Each Others' Solut

1) I do realise that your girlfriend's situation is far from laughable and quite serious indeed..so no, I'm not trying to make fun of it
    2) I'm afraid I don't have anything meaningful to suggest other than to stay close to her by whatever means you have..

that said.. reactive hypoglycemia sounds like a prank waiting to happen more than a serious illness which I'm sure it is..
    being able to affect someone's mood simply by deciding the menu..
    the possibilities are endless!!

I do wish there were ingredients that could actually improve her mood..
    is this so? please say it is!

I'll go hide under the bed before I'm scolded by everybody... (which would be the totally correct thing to do)
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 22: In Which Two Problems Prevent Each Others' Solut

Quote Originally Posted by dehro View Post
    I do wish there were ingredients that could actually improve her mood..
    is this so? please say it is!
    Not related to the issue, no... But there are a few foods she particularly likes... Tofu, broccoli dipped in ranch dressing, chocolate, etc...
    Avatar by me. It's Incendius Darkscale, a Good Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer, Demonskin Adept, Prince of Hell, worshiper of the Platinum Dragon (Bahamut), specializing in Fire and Lightning, wielding a staff in each hand.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Asking someone to a dance about 10 days beforehand ... How big of a goof is that? (I know she isn't going with someone else as of yet.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Asking someone to a dance about 10 days beforehand ... How big of a goof is that? (I know she isn't going with someone else as of yet.)
    Depends on how formal the dance is. Did she say yes? =3
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Depends on how formal the dance is. Did she say yes? =3
    Well, it's homecoming. Which for a dude means a button down and tie if you care. And I dunno yet, as I haven't actually asked yet ... I am asking sometime between this evening and Thursday. This evening'd be 11 days before, Thursday'd be 9 before.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-09-25 at 02:49 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well, it's homecoming. Which for a dude means a button down and tie if you care. And I dunno yet, as I haven't actually asked yet ... I am asking sometime between this evening and Thursday. This evening'd be 11 days before, Thursday'd be 9 before.
    I don't see why asking a week ahead would be too early. Go for it.
    And a button-down and tie is a bit much, even, at least for homecomings.
    Jude P.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Titan in the Playground

Depends. When was it announced? Is it a big dance? Was she invited herself? (The last question is mainly to say if it's a kind of prom-like thing.)

At any rate, it's usually best to not take too much time asking after the official announcement, lest you risk losing her to someone else.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Depends on if tickets are still available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well either way it doesn't matter.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Something something best guy friend and I love you something something I'm sorry something something can't fake what I can't feel."

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Titan in the Playground

Was the girl in question perchance one of the ladies in your earlier story? Hailey or one of the others (I forgot how many exactly there were).

If not, yowch. Sorry man.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

So, I don't feel comfortable discussing the full extent of my relationship woes in a public forum. Is there someone I can PM?

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Was the girl in question perchance one of the ladies in your earlier story? Hailey or one of the others (I forgot how many exactly there were).

If not, yowch. Sorry man.
    No, it was Haley.

13. - Top - End - #1303

Spoiler
    Show
    "Something something best guy friend and I love you something something I'm sorry something something can't fake what I can't feel."
    Hey, I'm sorry to hear that. How are you managing?
    Jude P.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry to hear it, rejection is never easy. If you're like me though, at least knowing for sure is better than always wondering and having things being awkward and uncertain.

15. - Top - End - #1305

Quote Originally Posted by Arutema View Post
    So, I don't feel comfortable discussing the full extent of my relationship woes in a public forum. Is there someone I can PM?
    I'm always open as a friendly ear.
    Add me on Steam!

Amazing albatross avatar by the lovely and very talented Ceika

16. - Top - End - #1306

NecromancerGuy

There's nothing quite for getting rid of your goodwill for someone
    Spoiler
    Show
    as being informed by them that any kind of interaction with you from inquiring about their day to discussing the antics of the neighbourhood cats or the plain old nitty-gritty of household chore allocations and such business makes them want to commit suicide.

Spoiler
    Show
    Especially given that if it weren't for our prior friendship/acquaintance she'd be homeless or prostituting herself for a roof over her head.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    as being informed by them that any kind of interaction with you from inquiring about their day to discussing the antics of the neighbourhood cats or the plain old nitty-gritty of household chore allocations and such business makes them want to commit suicide.

Spoiler
    Show
    Especially given that if it weren't for our prior friendship/acquaintance she'd be homeless or prostituting herself for a roof over her head.
    Damn. Some people are just... Wow...

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    I think there is story there, just waiting to be told.

19. - Top - End - #1309

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    I think there is story there, just waiting to be told.
    Maybe if I get in a good ranting mood and feel like taking it to a PM, or maybe offsite, haha.
    Spoiler
    Show

Granted, now I've just got a stupid situation with an older woman I never should have touched with a ten foot pole in the first place. While helping care for my best friend's sick/dying mother who goes from wanting no interference or assistance from anyone to needing lots of assistance at the drop of a hat and with no prior warning. While trying to take care of the uniquely fun situation when the people with power over my life keep losing the bloody paperwork that'll let me can get on with life. Yay!

So what I'm saying is that maybe I am close to breaking down and unloading a possibly entertaining rant onto anyone morbid enough to be curious.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-09-30 at 12:30 AM.
    Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ogre in the Playground

I find fire to be a rather effective problem solver...

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Banned

Maybe if I get in a good ranting mood and feel like taking it to a PM, or maybe offsite, haha.
    Spoiler
    Show

Granted, now I've just got a stupid situation with an older woman I never should have touched with a ten foot pole in the first place. While helping care for my best friend's sick/dying mother who goes from wanting no interference or assistance from anyone to needing lots of assistance at the drop of a hat and with no prior warning. While trying to take care of the uniquely fun situation when the people with power over my life keep losing the bloody paperwork that'll let me can get on with life. Yay!

So what I'm saying is that maybe I am close to breaking down and unloading a possibly entertaining rant onto anyone morbid enough to be curious.
    I'm curious!

22. - Top - End - #1312

Spoiler
    Show

Oh man. Sounds like a lot of stress right now. Hope things work out somehow, soon.
    Jude P.

23. - Top - End - #1313

For the first time in years, here I am. Found out that my best friend of four years, for whom I have recently confessed my love, is in a relationship.
    Spoiler
    Show

Veeratar© Enhanced
    MTI Avatar by Ceika. Now get on your face!
    Professor AngelSword by FDL. Fascinating!
    Berith AngelSword by Ceika.

Wicked Savior
    Exile
    Heart of Gold

Castles & Chemo - Granting a +4 to Saves vs. Cancer!

24. - Top - End - #1314

How do you manage to be friends of any sort with somebody for that long without knowing when they're involved with somebody?

25. - Top - End - #1315

Let me rephrase. She just entered into a relationship.
    Spoiler
    Show

Veeratar© Enhanced

Wicked Savior
    Exile
    Heart of Gold

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword View Post
    Let me rephrase. She just entered into a relationship.
    Did she start it before or after you confessed your love?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

27. - Top - End - #1317

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Did she start it before or after you confessed your love?
    Afterwards. I told her just before I left Gen Con. She was, at that point, two months out of a 3 year relationship, but I wasn't going to get the chance to tell her in person until next year, so time was a factor.

Several mutual friends have been goading me for years to tell her how I felt, to the point that if I didn't, they would.
    Spoiler
    Show

Veeratar© Enhanced

Wicked Savior
    Exile
    Heart of Gold

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ogre in the Playground

That sucks

How did she react to you admitting it? How are you feeling right now. Also I strongly suggest that in the future, you keep your friends out of the loop when it comes to relationships, or you make it clear that they're not to pressure you into anything. ''Friendly'' interference has never led anywhere good in my experience.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

29. - Top - End - #1319

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Loss View Post
    That sucks

How did she react to you admitting it? How are you feeling right now. Also I strongly suggest that in the future, you keep your friends out of the loop when it comes to relationships, or you make it clear that they're not to pressure you into anything. ''Friendly'' interference has never led anywhere good in my experience.
    After telling me that she already knew (because I'm terrible at keeping secrets, apparently), she told me she needed time to get used to the idea of being single.

To be honest, this feels worse than the last time I was here; after being cheated on, and left for, a guy the girl in question met at a V:tM LARP. I hate to say it, but I almost feel betrayed.

The friends, in addition to also being in on my worst-kept secret, were so adamant about it because, according to them, they didn't want to see me suffer over it.
    Last edited by AngelSword; 2012-10-01 at 12:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Veeratar© Enhanced

Wicked Savior
    Exile
    Heart of Gold

30. - Top - End - #1320

Quote Originally Posted by AngelSword View Post
    After telling me that she already knew (because I'm terrible at keeping secrets, apparently), she told me she needed time to get used to the idea of being single.
    If she started a relationship just after your confession, that was code for "I'm not interested but don't want to hurt your feelings". My sympathies.
    Jude P.