New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 264142434445464748495051
Results 1,501 to 1,504 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 22: In Which Two Problems Prevent Each Others' Solut

Quote Originally Posted by Marillion View Post
    Quick question:

"Hey, this might be a little awkward, but [friend] over there won't leave me alone until I'm officially shot down. So, would you like to join me for coffee some time?"

Acceptable? Endearing? Pathetic?
    If it's you doing it.

If someone else does it to you, you can always go for it.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 22: In Which Two Problems Prevent Each Others' Solut

Okay, now somebody really has to make a new thread. I don't offer helpful advice often enough to feel comfortable doing so myself. Anybody?
    Jude P.

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marillion View Post
    Quick question:

"Hey, this might be a little awkward, but [friend] over there won't leave me alone until I'm officially shot down. So, would you like to join me for coffee some time?"

Acceptable? Endearing? Pathetic?
    Definitely not a line I would personally choose... depends on the tone you put it in, if it is laid back and casual then maybe with a little bit of charm it would come off as humourous; however, other than that it comes off as not confident which wouldn't help. I am of the opinion that humour is a wonderful ice breaker, even the cheesiest lines can be successful if done properly. A really silly one that I personally enjoy is 'How much does a polar bear weigh? ....enough to break the ice, my name is so and so' (just realized how painfully ironic that statement is in our current climate). Anyway, good luck my advice may not be helpful but I am an extremely lucky man to be engaged to an amazing woman and I owe it to my overabundace of humour.
    Blarg...

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Titan in the Playground

Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries