New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Forbidden Scriptures

Fargo leads the way. You first enter the western door and proceed through a long corridor. The walls have windoms on them, maybe they were houses. The same kind of columns with windoms and doors on them appear, it seems they populate the whole ruins.

You can see some gnolls staring at you and you notice a conflicting mix of curiosity and contempt. At the end of the wide and long corridor lies the old brewery.

"I'll lead you to our leader, old Garret, greatest among our kind. Whatch your tone when facing him, or our frail alliance will end prematurely with your throats slitted. - he stares at Baffu after this last sentence. He is wise and open minded and I believe he will either accept you as temporary allies or simply let you go.

After that, I'll give you no more than 10 minutes to talk to Jonah. Again, no funny ideas. No escaping or murdering. You get whatever you want from him, and then you face him and his squad in our arena." Fargo instructs you while you're walking inside the brewery. You can see a lot of casks where once held the precious dwarven ale. Some roons lead to intriguing farms of a plant that resembles wheat but somehow grow in near total darkness.

The other gnolls seems to respect Fargo, the black gnoll, very deeply. Even the ones who stare at you don't do overdo it, probably in fear that they might anger Fargo. The place is quite big, and the former brewery seemingly turned into the gnolls center of operations. You can see some weapons and armors scattered around.

"Fargo! Care to explain to me why exactly you brough a bunch of furless apes to our headquarters to murder one of our kind?"

Fargo puts himself on the knees. A display of discipline never heard about before in gnolls.

"I beg you forgiveness, master Garret. But I believe that if Jonah turns his back to our pack, we can't really call him 'our kind'. They are not simply wanderers, they're also arcane casters. We have a striking disavantage over the duergars who seems to grasp the arcane arts so easily. With those men on our side, we can nulify this disvantage and truly drive those pathetic dwarves out of here."

Old Garret looks very strong. Like his title implies, he is old, with some white whiskers coming out of his face. He is not black like Fargo, but his fur is gray and he has a very distinct appearance. A smaller, equally old looking gnoll is by his side. He wears the same weird, hard to describe hat you first saw. He is a hunchback and carries a staff.

"Yes, they look powerful and competent" - says the hunchback gnoll - "My name is Bart. And I'm the clerical leader and Garret's advisor. I wonder about your interestes to our cause."
    From all the gnolls you saw, this one shows the biggest despise on his eyes. He doesn't seem to fear Fargo either.

"They'll arrive at their destination, which is further inside the mountains, with our aid. This is merely a temporary alliance. Once we conquer the citadel, we won't need them any further, and we part ways." You sense an unfriendly relashionship between the black gnoll and the old cleric.

"Oh, so you think this is a good oportunity to finally invade the citadel? Bold, Fargo, I give you that."

"With a task force consisting only of me, one zemorat, the five mages and the tiger (who also drew a lot of attention) we can enter the citadel and dismiss their precious shield. Once their shield is down, we will overwhelm them with the rest of our forces."

"Seems to me you where just waiting for a group of arcane casters to appear. Well, you magnificient bastard, you can count yourself the leader of the pack once I die. I don't want to know about the details of your plan, I give you the permission to begin. You can leave now."

Fargo thanks and you all leave. Now you are heading to the where they imprisoned Jonah, the traitor.

"It seems we are just fine. Garret has no hard time accepting new allies. But whatch that crazy cleric, he hated you the moment you entered Garret's room. I'll leave you here with Jonah now and remember, just 10 minutes and no funny ideas."

Upon entering the cell, you see another pitch black gnoll, just like Fargo but a bit shorter, with a more stocky build. He appatically looks at you. What you want to do?
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Nicollo Corleone - The Scoundrel Malconvoker

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Minaerva - The Wild Caller from Rokiri Island.

Requiem Macabre Doc

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

Before the departure of fargo, baffu asks what was the cause of this gnoll's woe. Baffu is intrested in the fargo side of the history.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

You're talking about Jonah?
    Show

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Requiem Macabre Doc

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Tanstafaal acurses his luck, as the pack leader did not simply chose to let them go. Once their usefullness is expired, Tanstafaal fears the worse.

Specially if their leaders argue among each other with stare contests.

All this mess has to end quickly.

With fire rays.
    Last edited by Beschoren; 2013-11-04 at 08:00 PM.
    Playing:
    Shoe, the make-belive gun dealer
    Akira, the psichyc warrior

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Fargo, answering to Baffu, says simply:

"Why don't you ask the traitor?"

When Baffu states that he's really curious about Fargo's perspective, he then answers.

"Ok, talky man, I tell you what he did. He said that the Pack isn't the Pack, but merely puppets. He raised a mutiny to dispose Garret and his decrepit advisor, Bart.
    And my opinion in all this? I was a gnoll many times, and never saw our kind in such great momments. If we start placing doubt and rebelions in rare times like those, we deserve to be just little squads of annoying hyenas we once were."

"...he was a 'gnoll' many times?... What the hell was that supposed to mean?"
    Asks Kain telephatically.

Now that you have your answer, you can start talking to Jonah.
    Show

Requiem Macabre Doc

6. - Top - End - #336
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Just posting to let you know I'm reading the posts... I haven't understood everything, but I'll read again.

Someone else do the talk, please.
    Last edited by Kevinho; 2013-11-12 at 02:27 PM.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

When the gnolls led us to face the traitor, Eustacio talk to Galluf mentally "add the traitor in our mental chat, so we can get stuff out of him without the other gnolls eavesdropping".

After the link is estabilished, Eustacio look the traitor and ask him mentally: "What you did to be disbanded? What is the identity of this Garret person? Tell me what you know and maybe we can plan something together"
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Bugbear in the Playground

Before the interrogatory Baffu speaks his concerns telepathically. - Well, before saying anything that could lead us to grave, lets face the fact that we don't know if these gnolls can, or can not, read our thoughts, or understand plots, magically. This prisoner could be a bait, or trap, lend in our way to make us fall in debt with the furry people.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Who's Galuff? Tanstafaal replies with a tone of confusion Nevermind. I'll add him up but let's first just hear him at first. He's not in position to help us against his captors, only to advise
    Playing:
    Shoe, the make-belive gun dealer
    Akira, the psichyc warrior

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh sorry Tansta, I'm old and confound names of people. Let's do that and hear what he have to say".
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

The lonely gnoll, as black as fargo, is staring motionless to the floor. After much telephatic debate between the mages, he simply say, with his voice, not his mind:

"I aint talkin' via some fancy mental trick, mages." Then he toss his cigarette to the side.
    "My crime was not believe in this 'pack' thing. We are tools, like you are. You are worse, you are tools of tools. This whole 'pack' blabbering is a lie, after we did what our true master wanted, they'll kill us. Ah, and they'll kill you too, as you might be wondering right now. Garret, Fargo, you and unfortunately, me, all disposable tools."

"The master?" Says Kain

Jonah stays looking to the floor for a while, silent. Slowly his amber eyes turn into you, and he says, now telephatically.

"The one who calls himself priest, that hunchback gnoll, Bart and his pathetic hat. There's a temple here, only he and some zemorats enter. The orders Garret bark are whispered by Bart. The classic man behind curtains. You do what you want with that information, the other gnolls prefered to not believe me. I couldn't care less, I'll die soon an honorable death, a concept the average gnoll sadly doesn't understand.

A piece of advice, though. Don't use this telephatic gimmick with the gnolls, you'll give them more information about you than you would want. They are blind to bart, let them be blind to you as well."

He stops his mental message to use his voice again.

"Are we finished? You're delaying my last meal. Fargo, with all the hatred towards me, still managed to honor the custom of civilized folk. I never though I would like his honourable side."
    Show

Requiem Macabre Doc

12. - Top - End - #342
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

"So it seems you won't tell us who is this Master..."

Well, folks, I don't see what we can do with whatever this gnoll said, maybe I'll just look into my spellbook while you finnish this 'conversation' " Lokopor says that ironicly, since there was not a conversation [to the naked eyes and minds].