New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 5

[Mount Anthor]

"Yep. They'll take us right up to the Abbey." Hildur heads up to the teleport pad, and does indeed POOF up to the top.

She holds her head after she arrives. That was a really weird feeling. Maybe next time she'd just fly up here.

2. - Top - End - #362

[Abbey]

Guess who has been waiting near the teleportation pad just in case she came back?

"HILDUR!"

Sister Agatha will nearly tackle Hildur as soon as she appears, wrapping her arms around her and crying. "I was so worried! You were being corrupted and turned into a dragon I was sure of it and then Maarsukaal died and I thought you must have become a monster and then I would get called by the Baron because you were eating peasants and I would have to come and fight you and kill you to protect them and then I would be so saaaaaaaad!"

*gaaaaasp!*

And then comes more hugging and crying.

Zaal poofs in a moment or two later, looking rather disoriented. Agatha doesn't seem to have noticed him yet.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #363

[Abbey]

Hildur nearly falls over as Agatha jumps on her, but she quickly gets to hugging her friend back. "It's alright Agatha, I'm fine," She knows that Agatha will probably want an explanation, but she still isn't entirely sure how to go about it.

4. - Top - End - #364

[Abbey]

Agatha is going to keep up the crying and hugging for the time being.

But wait, what's this?

Here comes Mother Martha, puttering along slowly. Her eyes first fall on Agatha and Hildur. Then to the demi-dragon. "Mmm... Zaaldunvar, is it?"

The demi-dragon nods respectfully.

"Well. We were fortunate that the Inquisition found her so quickly. Though I must confess that I'm surprised that she's still human. Is Maarsukaal's Name lost, then?" the elderly woman asks.

Zaal glances over at Hildur and replies, "Eerr... no Matron. Maarsukaal stands before you right now." And then a nod at Hildur just in case it isn't clear who he's talking about.

The old woman gives the Zaal a scolding look. "Do not take me for a fool, demon. That girl is no dragon."

At this point Zaal coughs slightly. "Maarsukaal? If you would be so kind as to introduce yourself to our most gracious hostess?"

Agatha, having heard the odd conversation, backs up to arms length and gives Hildur an odd look.

5. - Top - End - #365

[Abbey]

Hildur takes a very deep breath. She was plunging into pretty deep territory here, and had no idea what the reaction to her new Name would be.

"It's true, Matron. My Name is now Maarsukaal. It's the only thing I've inherited though. I can promise you that." Well that, and the fact that she is now a good three inches taller and her pupils are now the color of Gossamer rather than the blue they were.

6. - Top - End - #366

[Abbey]

Getting pretty golden eyes certainly beats getting turned into a giant magical lizard, though! Or at least Hildur probably thinks so.

As before it happens again.

The wind seems to almost thicken with fear and excitement when Hildur identifies with her Name. Agatha looks really excited! But not very afraid. The Matron seems somewhat surprised, but otherwise unmoved by the display.

"Hmm. So you are then. A dragon with a human body. I've never heard of such a thing. Perhaps our librarian has..." as with that she shuffles away!

Agatha watches the Matron depart, waits about five seconds after she's out of sight, and then throws her arms around Hildur again. "Eeee! Do you know what this means? 'cuz I sure don't! But it's really exciting! You got a dragon's Name without getting turned into a big ugly scaly monster!"

Zaal gives an irritated snort at that comment.

The Nun grins at him apologetically. "Uuuh... excluding present company?"

7. - Top - End - #367

[Abbey]

Well, Hildur doesn't know that her eyes have changed quite yet. It'll certainly be quite the surprise, though!

"Agatha didn't mean you, Zaaldunvah. Don't worry." Hildur chuckles a little, then turns to Agatha.

"I have absolutely no clue what this means. I know less about Dragons then anyone here does. I kinda like my new Name, though. But if it's not too much trouble, could you please still call me Hildur?"
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-05-08 at 09:09 PM.

8. - Top - End - #368

[Abbey]

"I'm sure she meant no offense by it, Maarsukaal," the demi-dragon replies with a small laugh.

"Haha! Right! Okay Hildur, I can do that for you! It would be weird calling you something else all of a sudden! Oh! And you seem a little taller than before!"

A beat.

"And... your eyes are the same color as Gossamer? They look really pretty!" woohoo! Complements from Agatha.

Zaal quirks his head off to the side a little. "They weren't always that color?" ah! It makes sense that he wouldn't have noticed. He hadn't seen Hildur before she got dragon'd.

9. - Top - End - #369

[Abbey]

Hildur raises an eyebrow. "No, my eyes were blue. Thanks for the compliment, though Agatha. Is there a mirror anywhere so I can look?" She knew she was taller, that was hard to miss, but her eyes were different too?

10. - Top - End - #370

[Abbey]

Agatha shakes her head apologetically. "No... I don't think so. We don't keep anything like that around the Abbey. Mother Martha says that mirrors promote vanity."

"And thankfully vanity is one of the greatest interests of dragons," Zaal quips. "I believe I can be of service there, Maarsukaal."

He'll then spread his wings and clank the blade-like fingers together. Upon contact the metal begins to melt together heatlessly, slowly fading from a deep ebony to a bright goldish silver color. Between the color change and the near perfectly flat surface it'll make for a fairly decent mirror!

Zaal holds up the limb for Hildur to look into.

Yep. Sure enough. Golden eyes.

...Agatha pokes at a stray lock of hair sticking out from under her Nun-hat, using the mirror to shove it back into position. "Uuuh... So can you still use your Air Shaping Hildur?" the Nun inquires.

11. - Top - End - #371

[Abbey]

"...Huh. So they are." Hildur will look at her eyes for a few seconds before grinning and saying, "Not bad." She thinks that her new eyes suit her new Name pretty well.

And then another question. Hildur turns to Agatha and takes a second or two to answer. "I think so. I can still feel the air, just not as well as before. Not that that's an entirely bad thing." Agatha looks down a little at the thought of her very nearly becoming a full Dragon.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-05-08 at 10:14 PM.

12. - Top - End - #372

[Abbey]

Zaal gives his wing a few good shakes, causing it to split back apart into its usual configuration. He sure does know a lot of interesting tricks! Probably comes from being a dragon for so long.

As for Agatha, "Haha, yeah! Since you don't have the creepy old dragon funneling dragon spirits into you anymore. But I bet you could still do some neat stuff! Don't chalk up everything to her meddling! I think you should try some Shaping and give it your all!"

"Speaking of the dead wyrm,"
    Zaal pipes up. "There should be quite the bounty of Gossamer in her prison. What's left of her bones and scales. Typically it would be sent to Holy Reme... but I'm afraid we might be cut off from the rest of the Empyreum."

"Yeah... I guess..." Sister Agatha replies hesitantly. "But where would we get an Ebony blade to cut the bones and stuff into usable size?"

The Ebony demi-dragon covered in Ebony blades gives her one of those, 'are you kidding?' sorts of looks.

13. - Top - End - #373

[Abbey]

Hildur givves an honest and wide smile. "Thanks for that, Agatha." She starts by trying to change the direction of the wind in the area. She wasn't going to try flying just yet.

Hildur resists laughing at Agatha not knowing where to find an Ebony blade. She just waits for her to realize it for herself. Hopefully it won't take forever.

14. - Top - End - #374

[Abbey]

Agatha just stares at Zaal blankly. She saw the look he gave her, but she isn't sure why he gave it to her. "...what?"

Zaaldunvah sighs. And then lifts his tail and slides it around in front of himself dragging the blade along the stone floor. And leaving a gash in the stone floor as if he were cutting through partly melted butter rather than rock.

If that isn't enough he also points at said tail.

"Oh... OH! Right! You're an Ebony dragon aren't you? Haha! I'm so clueless sometimes! How's that Air Shaping come... ing... Uuh... Hildur...?" Agatha mutters, pointing at something behind Hildur.

Zaal is a little more direct. "Maarsukaal! Your... your wings! Your wings grew back!"

Except not really.

As Hildur began to Shape her focus will, seemingly of its own accord, take the form of a glove over her hand. And as she reaches out to the wind more Gossamer of draconic shape begins to appear. Though not warping her flesh and bones, no. But rather appearing around her like floating pieces of crystalline armor.

Should she continue to call to the wind the armor will continue to spread, fully covering her body until she resembles the Gossamer demi-dragon she by all accounts should have become. When Hildur ceases to concentrate on Shaping it will all vanish piece by piece, shrinking away into nothing until only the glove remains.

Agatha and Zaal both are watching her with mouths hanging open.

15. - Top - End - #375

[Abbey]

When Hildur notices how the Gossamer is changing, she freaks out a little and stops so that there's only the glove left. Her mouth is just as wide open as Agatha's and Zaal's, possibly more.

"Ahh. Um. What the hell just happened?" That was really really weird. Though at this point, it's really just the latest episode of the weird series.

16. - Top - End - #376

[Abbey]

Perhaps even stranger is the fact that the Gossamer limbs felt like they were part of her body. Buuuut... now they feel like nothing. Since they don't exist.

"I... I'm not sure, Maarsukaal..." Zaal admits. "Though that might explain why you smell so strongly of dragon and Gossamer..."

"That was so neat, Hildur!" Agatha laughs. "You got Gossamer armor that looks like dragon bits! Do it again!"

Zaal coughs slightly. "I'll admit that was very impressive. I'm envious of you now, Maarsukaal. It wouldn't hurt my feelings in the least if I were human most of the time and only took this form while Shaping."

Oh how he would LOVE to look human again.

17. - Top - End - #377

[Abbey]

Hildur looks at Zaal with a bit of sadness in her eyes. "I'm sorry that you can't appear human, Zaaldunvah," she says. Then she looks at the glove that's now formed around her hand. "I have no clue how this happened. It's all going far too fast for someone who was just a snow nut last month."

18. - Top - End - #378

[Abbey]

Zaal gives a rather awkward laugh before smiling sheepishly. "Ah, don't feel pity for an old lizard like me. I've been a dragon far longer than I was ever human to begin with. I... probably wouldn't even know what to do with myself if I suddenly had a human body again. Three of my limbs go missing and I would be tripping all over my own feet."

He's trying to sound convincing. But it's pretty clear that he would love to be free of his curse.

Boy, even Agatha can tell he feels bad! Though she really isn't sure what if anything she can do about it.

So instead of trying to make the dragon feel like less of a monster she opts to talk with Agatha! "We should go to the cave! I've heard that when a dragon dies all its meat and fat and organs and stuff just go FWOOSH!" she throws her arms up in the air dramatically. "And leave their bones and scales behind!"

Zaal nods to indicate that yes, in fact, this is true.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-05-08 at 11:27 PM.

19. - Top - End - #379

[Abbey]

Hildur nods. "Yeah, let's head up to the cave. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, but let's go." Hildur isn't entirely sure how much she wants to create that weird armor again. Maybe it was because her focus was from the old Maarsukaal?
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-05-08 at 11:43 PM.

20. - Top - End - #380

[Abbey ==> The Prison of the Dead Wyrm]

Why not 'Maarsukaal's Prison'?

Well that's easy enough to answer!

Because Maarsukaal is very much alive and not locked away inside of a cave! There is a dead wyrm in there, though. And that's what our little band of heroes is setting out to find!

Agatha will take point with Zaal taking up the rear. One the way up he explains, "I was expecting it to take much longer climbing the mountain. Now I have plenty of time for activities."

So many activities!

"You know... I wonder Maarsukaal... Maybe you really were transformed into a demi-dragon," Zaal muses. "You smell like one, you speak like one, you have a Name like one. And when you tap the power of your Name through Shaping you even start to look like one. Maybe it was just your spirit that became draconic and your body was left unchanged. And so when you use the power of your spirit the change becomes more... visible..."

21. - Top - End - #381

[Abbey -> The Prison of the Dead Wyrm]

Hildur ponders this thought for a while. It certainly did make sense that she was actually a demi-dragon. She much preferred the theory that she just managed to remain human, though. It just seemed less possible, and it reminded her of all the supposedly impossible things she'd already done in her home world.

"Maybe. But if that's true, why do I still have a human form? I'm not complaining, it's just really strange to me."

22. - Top - End - #382
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    ((Baron? I can't seem to find your last post. Would you mind quoting it in the new thread for me? =X))

[Adventure!]

Sadei points up ahead. "I can see a cave in the front of the rock. They might get in through there."

And it might be easier to get inside now that the guards have been dispatched! Dispatched guards are much easier to get around.

"I don't see anyone else close. And I don't think the people up high heard anything either."

How nifty!

Sadei turns her attention to the young caster lady!

"Can you make other people invisible with your magic?"
    [Adventure!]

Correl just shakes his/her head, "True masters can defeat their enemies without killing them. But there is no time to mourn these brigands now. Let's just try to make sure I didn't kill them for nothing." The knight replies. "In any case, it's your turn to shine now. With the sentries gone you should have an easier time sneaking in and save that girl. Make haste now."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-09 at 11:04 AM.

23. - Top - End - #383

[The Prison of the Dead Wyrm]

Our heroes approach the mouth of the cave! It looks very dark and spooky inside.

"I wouldn't be complaining if I were in your place either, Maarsukaal," Zaal replies, sticking his rather snake-like tongue out at Hildur. "But... all I can do is speculate. As far as I know your condition is quite unprecedented."

How nifty!

"Umm... well... if you want to know if she's really a dragon or not it would be simple enough to check," Agatha speaks up. Zaal peers at her, apparently not following. "Well... Shapers can't create their element out of nothing. They have to get it from somewhere. But a Nun can using the Devotion of Joy. And a dragon can by using-"

"-using its breath! Of course!" Zaal finishes the thought before turning his attention to Hildur. "It's really rather easy. You just breath in deeply."

Deeeeeeep breath! When Zaal speaks again his voice sounds rather silly due to trying to hold in a lungful of air. "Then focus all your emotion as you breath out."

And with a rather violent sound akin to a cross between a roar and someone vomiting Zaal breaths a stream of red hot molten metal all over the cave wall!

BLARG!

The rock sizzles and pops as the slowly cooling iron oozes down it.

Zaal coughs slightly, wiping a drizzle of liquid metal from the side of his mouth. "There, see? Simple enough. You try it, Maarsukaal!"

24. - Top - End - #384

[Prison of the Dead Wyrm]

Hildur looks more than a little shocked as Zaal breathes out molten metal. That was certainly different. "Well... I can try, but I have no idea if this will work." She turns away from both of them, in case she actually breathes out Gossamer.

She takes as deep a breath as she can, focusing all the emotion she can on the lungful of air. What'll happen as she breathes out? I dunno.

25. - Top - End - #385

Breath out Gossamer? Nah.

Dragons breath their element, not their scales! That would be silly. So that means an Ebony dragon like Zaal breaths molten metal. A Glacia dragon would breath ice. And a Gossamer dragon, if that is indeed what Hildur is now, would breath-

kraKOOM!

There comes a sound like a thunderclap as Hildur blasts the wall opposite her with a burst of compressed air powerful enough the fracture the stone! Afterward she'll feel a bit winded in a fashion that suggest she probably won't be able to do that again without taking a breather first.

And afterward? She may be surprised to find that her whole body has been encased in draconic Gossamer armor. Should the dragon's body manifest she'll be indistinguishable from a Gossamer demi-dragon.

Though as before the dragon-bits will soon begin to vanish in a piecemeal fashion. And within perhaps a minute or so Hildur will be back to her usual human self.

Zaal just stares at her the whole time, muttering "You look beautiful Maarsukaal..." in a rather absent-minded tone.

26. - Top - End - #386

Hildur looks with wide eyes at the fractured stone. Well, she supposed that settled any debate on whether or not she was demi-dragon. She looks at herself, seeing what she would have looked like had her changing been more normal.

She hardly responds to Zaal until she returns to normal. And even then, it's just a dumbfounded, "Thank you, Zaaldunvah."

27. - Top - End - #387

Like any dragon Maarsukaal's appearance should have just a few things in common with all Gossamer dragons. The material her scales are made of and the four butterfly/bat wings. Aside from that her precise look will follow a pattern based on what Hildur herself would consider 'graceful' and 'delicate' when applied to a dragon.

Because of this all dragons tend to be highly variable in appearance. Even dragons of the same type.

"Hehe... you think she's cute! That's adorable!" Agatha laughs.

Zaal winces at that, looking away from Hildur sheepishly. His line of work sort of precludes him from having crushes on people whether scaly or not. Far too dangerous for that sort of thing.

Once Hildur is back to normal Agatha will tromp over and muss her hair! "I think you look better as human anyway! But I guess our Inquisitor friend disagrees."

If Zaal could still blush he would be as crimson as his clothing right now.

"Cmon! Let's go explore the cave!"

Off she goes!

28. - Top - End - #388

Hildur laughs a little at Zaal, but she stops that as quickly as she can. She doesn't really want to hurt his feelings. Her response to her hair being mussed is just to flip up her hood and start heading into the cave. "Yeah, let's get this done quickly."

29. - Top - End - #389
    Bugbear in the Playground

Necanth Prison

Zefir takes a look at the map, spotting where New London is he looks at the other side of the map. Nothing seems to really caught his intressed so he heads for a way not mentioned on the map. That way he is save to avoide Cat and Freddy.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

30. - Top - End - #390

[Into the Cave!]

Zaal follows behind the ladies, though he remains silent. He's feeling rather foolish and probably won't speak unless spoken to first. It's just a silly crush. The whole dragon and human at the same time thing just caught him off guard is all. And she's very pretty in BOTH shapes. Just a crush, don't think about it. Not like it could go anywhere. He's working for the Inquisition after all. And there's no way she could feel anything for him back. Since she's human most of the time. And he's a monster all of the time.

Just a crush. Don't think about it.

Agatha, meanwhile, holds up one hand and sings a few bright notes which causes a small ball of pure white light to ignite in her palm!

There!

Now it's easy to see!

Before long they'll reach the chasm where the dead wyrm is still chained. And once at the bottom they'll find her remains. Bones of Gossamer and a few scales.

Score!