New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 5

Shifter Hold

Marty? A bounty hunter? Not so much. More of a cook guy then a bounty

Marty notices their odd looks, but thought it normal half-elf/elf relations. He shakes his head. Marty would never become a bounty hunter. It was against everything he believed, peace, freedom, and love.Me? A b-bounty h-hunter?! No...They're horrible p-people. I'm her f-friend. I'd j-just l-like to s-see her again.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Orc in the Playground

Necanth Prison- Train

The dead body is not trapped. Nor is it undead or magically preserved in anyway beyond the Prison's semi-natural lack of time. The corpse is also not a 'he', the body is female. Searching her will yield a blood stained prison guard's uniform, an identification card with a picture of her face on it, a small, silver earring and a bent screwdriver. A more thorough search, or if Zefir chooses to take the uniform, will reveal a tiny laser pistol taped to the side of her leg. It's only got enough power for two shots, but it may be a useful surprise weapon, even if it didn't do her any good.

The uniform consists of a white t-shirt, a black jacket with red stripes on the sleeves and a pair of matching trousers.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #453
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Prison]

What!

Noooes...

Freddie can provide light easily due to fox fire wisps! No reason to pay double for a room!

"I think we can take a room without lights in that case," Fredrick speaks up quickly, nodding toward Cat before turning back to the weird legless guy. "I do have some coin... But I've got this as well..."

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a piece of dense, black, glossy metal about the size of his fist. It seems almost translucent with flecks of silvery-gold just below the surface.

"Ebony. Alloyed with steel it can make it a hell of a lot stronger. Barring practical use its an attractive gemstone."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #454

[Prison]

Cat gives Freddy a warning look, as to say not to expose them. Just a quick one, though.
    "I guess you're right, we'll be fine without lights."

Just have to lay low... Her demon form eyes will provide some low form of night vision.

And then there's the fancy stone! Wonder if he should trade something so valuable...
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

5. - Top - End - #455
    Orc in the Playground

Necanth Prison

"Done. The lump of ebony for one unlit, single-bed cell. Lucy, show them to Cell 138. That should be the one that fills all their specifications." Freddy could have bought a two-bed electric lit cell with that lump of ebony. But this guy's a con artist- a murderer without legs would not be able to survive long down here, and con artists have flocked towards any bureaucratic job they can get.

The creepy child stands up and swings her axe onto her shoulder before taking a key from a rack on the wall before leaving the cell. She'll motion for Freddy and Cat to follow before skipping along away from the housing agency. She has a slightly vacant expression on her face, though she seems to know the way.

6. - Top - End - #456

[Prison]

Seems like tourists rarely understand how much things are worth...

Freddy had acquired the gem by hunting Wights. Dangerous, nasty things, Wights. And that large piece had come from a particularly large and nasty Ebony Wight.

Anywho!

He nods in reply to Cat's look, as if to say that he knows what he's doing.

He'll then follow the little girl!

Their very own jail cell to sleep in!

Won't that be swell?

7. - Top - End - #457

[Prison]

Cat seems to be aware he's trying to cheat them and frowns.

But then they're off to the cell and she follows.
    She'll cast a quick look back, though, every now and then.
    Girl's gotta watch her back.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

8. - Top - End - #458
    Orc in the Playground

Necanth Prison- New London

The creepy child will take them to the top of the cell block. It'll take a while, and Lucy occasionally merits an odd look, but people are more interested in Cat and Freddy- it's been a while since they had newcomers moving in. "He cheated you, y'know. But it's OK- I accidentally took the wrong key, and cheated him. He knows it, too, but can't do anything about it. I'm the only reason Cannibal Joe or someone like him hasn't killed him already. This cell is worth that chunk of rock, if it's what you claim. If not, you cheated him, and me. I hope you have- Fluffy hasn't tasted brain in far too long. Goodbye." Lucy turns around and leaves. Incidentally, the axe is called Fluffy.

The cell she led them to is the same size as all the others, but somebody has dug out the back to give it a slight extension, though most of that is taken up with a leaking pipe providing water and a haphazard gas cooker bodged together from bits and pieces and a leaking gas pipe. There's only one bed, but it has two mattresses to make it especially comfortable. There's two shelves on the wall, and a chest under the bed.

9. - Top - End - #459

[Prison]

"I... eerr... thank you," Fredrick replies as the little girl departs.

Yay brains?

Why did she even tell them all that?

Though for what it's worth Freddie was telling the truth about the Ebony. A blade made purely of that stuff is nearly as hard as diamond and tougher than steel. Alloying it with steel isn't as good as a pure Ebony weapon, but it'll still be nasty.

Anywho!

Fredrick will begin inspecting the room!

"I suppose we could just pull one of the mattresses down on the floor," he says to Cat. "I don't actually sleep anymore. But I could just lay very still and quiet to keep an eye on things."

That's useful!

10. - Top - End - #460
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shifter Hold]

"And a bounty hunter would deny being one." Sighs the Shifter. "Would that I could take your word for that, brother elf, but arriving with a disease dragon..." he lets the sentence hang in the air.

Guess Rasha isn't very popular. Oh, and I also guess that he 'forgot' Marty is a half-elf.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-05-14 at 10:24 PM.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

Shifter Hold

I...I'm n-not a b-bounty hunter...I can b-barely hold a sword...much less be skilled enough to kill people with one... Yay! His stutters gone! For now.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shifter Hold]

The Shifter sighs. "Even speaking a name - one she did not give us I may add - would violate our code of non-interference in the other Holds... and also a Lairain Law. That helping outsiders is strictly forbidden."

They meander their way into a clearing, where a group of youngsters train, their skin flashing different colors as they try to replicate the patterns on birds, insects, forest critters.

The Shifter watches them for a minute. "Even if I do believe that you mean no harm, I don't want Her wrath on my Hold and my people. I see no reason to help you, Brother Elf, I am sorry."

13. - Top - End - #463
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Necanth Prison- Train

The dead body is not trapped. Nor is it undead or magically preserved in anyway beyond the Prison's semi-natural lack of time. The corpse is also not a 'he', the body is female. Searching her will yield a blood stained prison guard's uniform, an identification card with a picture of her face on it, a small, silver earring and a bent screwdriver. A more thorough search, or if Zefir chooses to take the uniform, will reveal a tiny laser pistol taped to the side of her leg. It's only got enough power for two shots, but it may be a useful surprise weapon, even if it didn't do her any good.

The uniform consists of a white t-shirt, a black jacket with red stripes on the sleeves and a pair of matching trousers.
    Necanth Prison- Train

Zefir will do a closer search, but he won't take off the uniform for three reasons. First The clothes are bloody, secound the guardes aren't liked and since it is female he won't really fit in. After all it's a wise choice to take the card, the earring, the bent screwdriver and the gun. then he lays the dad body on the ground and uses the jacket to cover the face.

When that is done the head for the hatches, maybe there is something he could need as well. holding the gun in one hadn he feels save.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #464

[Prison]

"Fluffy will be dissapointed." Cat mumbles as the girl leaves. Creeps everywhere.
    She relaxes a bit and allows herself to rethink what has happened. And she does realise she's a little scared.

"Yeah, let's do that." And with that she pulls a mattress down and lies down on it.
    "I'm not sure I'll sleep much, but lying down is resting too. And wandering the streets is just asking for it."
    She sighs a bit before closing her eyes for a while. Her breathing doesn't change, she's not sleeping.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Shifter Hold

Marty frowns. He needed to see Shada...she was all he had left. I...please! I...I'm M-Marty. D-Did she mention me? At least p-point me in the r-right diretion

16. - Top - End - #466
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shifter Hold]

"Marty?" The Shifter frowns. "She may have..." He trails off, eyes widening slightly.

"So you're..." The sentence ends abruptly a second time, and he turns away, eyes focusing on the youngsters at practice. The Shifter does not pick up the words again.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

Lairan Hold

Marty's eyes widen with hope. She d-did! What d-did she say?! Wait....Yes, I'm me. You're? He looks desperate. He just wanted to see Shada.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-05-15 at 11:28 AM.

18. - Top - End - #468

[Prison]

Freddie will drag one of the mattresses onto the floor 'n flop down atop it. He props himself up slightly so that he'll be able to see the entrance.

Not like it would be easy for anyone to get past the bars.

As old as they are they still look pretty sturdy.

"I think,"
    Fredrick pipes up. "The first thing we should do is try to find out more about this Warden guy. If we can get over there we might be able to explain that we aren't who those statues said that we are."

Maybe he'll let them go without turning them into frogs?

Worth a shot...

19. - Top - End - #469

[Prison]

One can always poke things between the bars.

She'll think about what Freddy said for a moment, before replying.
    "I don't think we're the only people that have ended up here by mistake. And listening to the way they talk about him, I don't think there's any reasoning with him."
    She rubs her eyes a bit. "I mean, everyone here's mad! He'll probably call us liars and turn us into stone or whatever it was."

Cat doesn't seem very optimistic.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

20. - Top - End - #470

[Prison]

That would have to be an awfully long poking thing to get it all the way from the bars to where Fredrick and Cat are laying.

But the people here are pretty crazy.

They might have some absurd device just for shanking people whilst they're asleep through the prison bars.

"Well, what's out other option?" Freddie replies. "Stay here forever? I don't think that's what either of us are interested in."

Staying here forever would be boring!

And really creepy.

21. - Top - End - #471

[Prison]

Always be prepared for the worst.
    "Well, no. But I think we need to find some way to defeat him and or get past him."

And Cat's not too fond of staying here either.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

22. - Top - End - #472

[Prison]

"Regardless we need to find him,"
    Freddie replies after a few moments thought. "Maybe we have to defeat him. Maybe we hare to bargain with him. Maybe we can just sneak by?"

Maybe maybe maybe.

"No matter what that's our best guess for a ticket out of here. We'll have to give it a try eventually."

A beat.

"Well... or not. If you're just content to stay here. I know I'm certainly not."

He needs to explore!

And nom ghosts! And he hasn't seen many ghosts here so far.

23. - Top - End - #473

[Prison]

"Yes, no matter what, the warden is still our goal." She nods.
    She'll rub her eyes a bit more, trying to hide that she's starting to cry a little!

Stupid Cat! You can't show you're scared, don't go crying like a little girl!

"No, I don't want to stay here." she says softly, hoping Freddy doesn't notice the tremble in her voice.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

24. - Top - End - #474

[Prison]

It's...

Actually kind of hard for Fredrick not to notice. Huldra are pretty finely tuned to the emotional state of the people around them. And certain emotional states mean that their prey will be more receptive to seduction.

The fear and sadness. The desire to be close to someone she can trust. These are all things that Freddie is picking up on without even thinking about it. And... it's making him hungry.

No! Bad!

No eating Cat! She's a friend!

If worse comes to worse find someone else to devour. The people in this place are all hardened criminals. No one would be upset if he ate one of them.

He offers a reassuring smile. "Hey... it's going to be alright Cat. We'll make it through this. We just need to keep our eyes set on our goal. We need some rest. Then we start figuring out what to do next."

25. - Top - End - #475

[Prison]

She sighs, she tried to keep it hidden not to tempt him...
    Don't have to make thingss more complicated than they already are.

Cat won't mind helping him find someone to nom.

"I know... Just so much has happened in the past few weeks and it's getting a little hard to process." She sighs deeply, trying to calm down a bit." Things just are so different here than they were at home, before the war that is.."
    Girl had a peaceful life, other than hunt there was no real violence.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

26. - Top - End - #476

[Prison]

"I know how you feel..." the Huldra sighs. "It was a lot simpler before my home was dragged into the Nexus and all this crazy started getting hurled over everything."

He gives a small, weak smile.

"But we need to press on. It might be insane and strange and too much to really grasp but..."

A shrug.

"We are what we are. And we aren't what we were. But at least we're still WHO we were, right?"

Different bodies. New instincts and impulses. But who they are hasn't changed! And that's what matters, right? "We still need to get out of here and find your soul for you. But first. Time to rest."

And with that he lays down and closes his eyes!

27. - Top - End - #477

[Prison]

Cat nods and tries to return the smile, wiping her eyes.

"Yes, you're right, thanks for that."
    Another sigh, she's calming down as she lays back down.
    "Maybe we can find you some souls to eat, too." she says before closing her eyes as well.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

28. - Top - End - #478
    Orc in the Playground

Necanth Prison- New London

At this point, there's not much for me to say. This is so you know I can be skipped till you actually do something. Like eat Cannibal Joe- I mean, with a name like that it's hard not to, right?

Necanth Prison- Train

The hatches lead to small lockers and other containers. Most are empty, having been looted of anything of use. However, tucked away in a corner of one of the hatches is a first aid kit containing healing potions, antidotes, alchemical skin and other such things that don't rely on natural healing- without time, there's no natural healing available. There's also a stack of prison guard uniforms piled in one- they're undisturbed, which is why the dirk concealed behind them is still there. It's good quality titanium on one edge, though the other is silver plated. The hilt is made of aluminium, and set with a black, faceted gemstone.

29. - Top - End - #479

[Prison]

((I'm sure we'll go looking for trouble soon ))

Cat wakes up a while later, first a little scared because her surroundings are not that of her normal bed in Trog's. Or at home..

Then she remembers..
    She'll turn around to check on Freddy, see if everything's alright.

Looks like they had a peaceful night.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

30. - Top - End - #480

[Prison]

As soon as Freddie hears Cat stirring he's alert and active in a hurry. Almost as though he was never asleep to begin with.

...which he wasn't.

He'll offer Cat a smile!

"Ready to go grab that new map and start exploring this crazy place?" he inquires as he rises to his feet and begins fiddling with the lock to their cell.

Oh yeah!

Get the map!

Beat the boss!

And go home!

Maybe nom some people along the way.