New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 5

[Misha's Pool]

Dani fell silent watching Riss, eyes wide.
    And then...
    ...the little redhead started to sniffle, too, looking away with her head bowed.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #932
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Misha's Pool]

...Still.. Even if I were to take out all the 'chemical' issues, that at least leaves behind a few things. She thinks I'm interesting. And even if that itself can be made into another chemical based thing, she listens. At the core of that, at least, is placing value in whatever information I have to share... And.. Well, I suppose taking out all the 'chemical' points as irrelevant renders skewed data as that would not be dissimilar to removing parts of a motherboard and expecting it to run in a more 'pure' fashion. It may result in a chemical machine but at the same time it's at least complex enough to be aware that it is something that can at least observe. And here I go again with this whole back and forth and.. Mmm..

Though she was still suppressing the small whimpers that nevertheless managed to leak out here and again, Riss did manage to answer Dani's question. At least somewhat. "...She's important to me. Makes me feel happy. Listens. She's.. Not mine. But she stays. I.. I want her to stay." came the disjointed reply, the muse's words coming in short bursts over the course of a few minutes.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-07-19 at 01:16 AM.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Troll in the Playground

[Misha's Pool]

The tiny redhead looked back to the muse as she spoke. A small smile on her lips as she took in the words, slowly nodding in understanding.
    "Sometimes...that's the most endearing...and wonderful thing of all. Just having somebody who listens. Somebody who's there," she agreed. "It's something you can't explain, but when you have it, you never want to let it go."
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-07-19 at 01:26 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #934

[Misha's Pool]

A light sniffle and a nod of agreement would be Dani's answer. Pulling her knees up to her chest, she wrapped her arms around herself quite tightly as she tried to push away the gnawing, empty feeling that had started in her stomach and had begun winding it's way up behind her ribs. It wasn't painful but the pressure it presented was quite uncomfortable. A long, somewhat ragged sigh helped but it wasn't a fix. ...Wish she was 'here' here.. It's.. Not really that comforting just knowing she's somewhere close by. Well, I guess it is a little bit but I'd rather be able to touch rather than just see.

The quiet brought on by the muse's contemplation, though, began to weigh on her. It was less the enjoyable sort and more the awkward sort that often resulted in longer and longer pauses until someone left out of embarrassment. "Um.. Married? What kind?" she asked, moving the subject to something else for a while. Hopefully that would be something that Dani could talk about at length, though.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Troll in the Playground

[MP]

"Yeah," Dani answers, smiling softly. "To Sammie - Samantha Goswell. She's...she's everything to me," the little redhead admits, sighing softly - and contentedly. "She's strong, and smart, and...I can't describe her. I'd do anything for her, and I know she'd do anything for me. I'd say she's everything I ever dreamed of...but she's so much more than that. She tries to say she's nothing special - but I know better..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #936
    Pixie in the Playground

[Beren's Hold]

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    He shrugs. Do you have a better idea?
    Ophelia quiets.

No. She doesn't.

Sitting back, she shrugs and tucks her knees under her chin. "Guess we should maybe do this bit by bit. First we need to get out of this cell. I have one idea, but it'd be terrible in such an enclosed place, so what about you? You wouldn't happen to know how to pick locks or something?" He looks like he may.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

7. - Top - End - #937
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beren's Hold

Yes, I do. Do you have a pin, or something long and skniny?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

8. - Top - End - #938
    Pixie in the Playground

Beren's Hold

Ophelia raises an eyebrow. The only possession that hasn't been taken from her is her own claws. And even those are sometimes yanked out by Beren on his visits, only to be semi-painfully regrown a few days later.

Dressed in rags that were likely once an outfit made of deer hide, Ophelia owns nothing that could come in handy.

And yet, seeing as she's Ophelia, she has an answer anyways. "Would a bone work?" Seeing as she doesn't have any bone on hand, that question is a lot more ominous than it should be, coming from a small, injured girl.

9. - Top - End - #939

Beren's Hold

Depends. How big is it?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Mountainside]

Within a hollowed out mountain lies the appropriately named city of Mountainside, home to dwarves for generations. The great city have been shielded from the outside world not only by the mountain walls but also by the haunted forest outside the gates. This have cause few of the nexus inhabitants to come to this city, leaving the dwarves unscathed by the usual nexus madness. Or so they thought.
    Something have infiltrated their city, spying upon their habits, their lives and most importantly, their defenses.

So as the majority of the population is asleep, blissfully unaware of what is about to happen, a number of portals open up just above the mountain and after about ten minutes all hell breaks loose.

The mountain ceiling suddenly cracks as a gigantic ball of fire breaks through, taking a lot of the collapsed roof with it. After a moment five other projectiles shatter the mountain sky resting above the dwarves head, coming down like comets over the unsuspecting city.

The impacts are devastating, one landing in the palace, one in the mine and the others in other important locations within the city, causing city wide destruction along with the rain of stones which follows shortly after.

((God-mode accepted. Anyone is allowed to join this scene but keep in mind that low power levels are preferable and that the PC's aren't likely to be able to defend the city from the attack. Doesn't mean they can't make a change though.))
    Mountainside - Several hours later

The initial surprise caused thousands of dwarves to die within the first few moments. No one had expected the mountain itself to be ripped asunder and large balls of stone and fire to land right in the population centers and leadership. The initial impacts killed nearly a thousand right off the bat, and the ensuing panic when those balls got up and started to walk around, attacking things with complete abandon stunned too many, letting them be cut down by the infiltrators and other demons as they started Gating in.

It was like shooting womp-rats with a fully automatic Death Star.

The Demon Hounds were easily able to tear into the panicked masses with minimal resistance and the few dwarves that started to make a stand for themselves found either poisoned knives in their backs or their throats slit by invisible hands.

Many dwarves tried to flee the city through the gates, but they found their path blocked by other demonic swarms ready to cut them down. With the obvious exit blocked, they started fleeing through the other escape tunnels that soon became places of struggle as small groups of soldiers and guards tried to hold off the demonic hordes. The only places of resistance that seemed to hold were the strongpoints on the walls that divided the various sections of the city. Even so, one by one the points began to fall over the hours, simply worn away by the massive numbers till few remained...

Walls - Residential Section

"Arright ya beardlin's, git yer backs inta it! We still gots us a job ta doo and we ain't dyin' until we take down one o' them blasted goolems!"
    The Bombard Captain shouted to the young dwarves who were busy loading the several hundred pound Bombard shot into the cannon. They were all weary and injured, barely old enough for their beards, but they'd fought well and hard to keep their position on the bombard's emplacement. Ivak and his laddies were below the Captain's position, holding the entrance to the tower, but the sounds of metal on metal and the screams told him they wouldn't last much longer. Maybe two shots was all they'd get.

"Cap'n! Tha Mine Boomba'd has been takin'!"
    The lookout at the edge of the emplacement shouts, trying to be heard above the sounds of chaos. "Boot tha Market Boomba'd says theyz ready ta firah wit us!"

The Captain smiles a bit to himself, running his thumb over the top of the axe in his belt. Better news couldn't have been given. "Message them ta firah on tha one tha' landed on tha Palace! It's time fah payback!" The lookout grins madly in his bright red beard and begins flashing the hand-mirror towards the other emplacement to deliver the message.

A few moment's later, the Bombards slowly shift position and two very loud explosions can be heard as they fire their shots at the Infernal's right knee and chest. They take several moments to get there, so it's possible they miss. The source of the shots are quite obvious as the plumes of smoke are thick, revealing the positions of the attackers.

"Relood and git yer backs inta it thees time!"
    The Captain shouts through the smoke, unable to see how their shot fared.

Mines - Leaving the Emplacement

"Damn ye, Loovaz! I 'ad tha' oone!"
    Thredrick shouted as his brother cuts off the head of a demon hound that had had it's jaws about to clamp on Thredrick's leg.

"Bah! You 'ad tha' damned monkee tha' leapt at me back! We're even!"
    Luvaz scowled back at him, tossing his black beard over his shoulder before looking at the carnage. The bombard had been lost to a swarm of the monkey demons that had climbed the walls, but they were dead now, leaving the brothers alone for a moment. Thredrick just grumbles as he picks himself back up and grabs his fallen hammer. "Well...whadda we do now?" He asks, finding the nearby streets empty for the moment.

"Well...tha Winchesta' is close by."

The first brother sighs in annoyance and smooths out his red beard. "It be on the udder side o' town."

"Bah! Close enuff fer tha likes o' us."

"...wonder if they're oopen."
    Thredrick says quietly with a shrug as the two begin walking through the streets, weapons in hand.

Mines - Escape Tunnel

"Theys stooped for now, m'Lady."
    The young human boy shouts up to his Mistress as she fires one last shot from one of her many rifles. The 15 year old boy served Lady Shieldbreaker, a minor noble, as an indentured servant and despite their differences, he couldn't help but have a bit of a crush on her. Especially when she displayed her combat prowess like now. The sight of her enshrouded in gunsmoke and calm hatred for the attackers could carry him away, but he kept himself in check by reminding himself just how much danger they were really in.

"Aye can see t'aht, Ma'at".
    Lady Shieldbreaker tells him, looking down the ladder into the deeper level. " 'Ow's da pepple gooin'?" She asks. Marath can't help but smile up a bit at her. "Aboot 'alf are through, m'Lady." He tells her as he climbs the ladder. At the top, he sets the keg of powder and bag of shot down before helping his Mistress reload the twenty or so pistols, rifles, and shotguns. She had been a collector for the most part, proud of the exquisitely crafted guns, and while she had little cause to use them before now, anyone who had called her a mere Noble Fop would have found themselves on the ground with a hole through their beards and through their heart. "Anudder 'alf 'our an' they shood be good an' we ken join them." He tells her, being careful not to look at her too much to betray his feelings.

She smiles a bit and takes a pull of strong ale from her wineskin and passing it over to the boy so he can take a drink too. Two other soldiers guarded the tunnel just a bit further ahead, but the back of the tunnel they were in allowed her to fire over their heads at the bigger and nastier critters while their axes and shields held off the rest. Even with the chokepoint it was a tough battle though.

They had started with eight soldiers guarding the tunnel in turns. Marath didn't believe they'd get to escape with the rest of the people, but with another glance at Lady Shieldbreaker, he seemed to feel that he didn't mind that too much.

11. - Top - End - #941

[Misha's Pool]

"Mmm." came the rather neutral reply. There was little that the muse could really add to the conversation, at least verbally. Not quite familiar with being the instigator in an exchange, Riss simply held her tongue for now lest she make more of a fool of herself. Assuming I haven't already.

Still, Dani might note that the muse seemed to perk up just a bit at the name. It was only for a moment but it was still definitely there. Ah.. Thought that was.. Well, I guess it should be expected as there aren't an infinite number of names. Repeats and such are bound to happen so..

Unless Dani decided to try taking control of the subject again, it would once again become very quiet around the pond.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Troll in the Playground

[Misha's Pool]

"What was your friend's name?" Dani asked, tilting her head curiously as she studied the muse.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #943

[Misha's Pool]

The usual pause before the muse managed to make any sort of noise was present as usual. "Misha. This is her home." she said, adding on a little detail. Why did I do that? I mean, sure, it's informative and all but what does that really do? Am I trying to drive her off by insinuating that she wasn't invited here or.. Well, I don't think I sounded like I was trying to say that so maybe it won't matter.

Riss idly pushed at the water with one hand, watching the ripples she made travel across the nearly smooth surface of the pool. It is rather surprising that it's so deep, though... And I think there is a terrible pun in there somewhere. At the very least, I think I'm not doing absolutely terrible without Aesop, though.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Troll in the Playground

[Misha's Pool]

"Oh. I didn't know...I guess I should ask if she minds if I keep coming here then," Dani says, not in a 'oh no I shoudn't come back' tone but rather in a 'it's the polite thing to do' tone.

Then she pauses.
    Tilts her head.

"...have you ever seen a mermaid?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #945

[Misha's Pool]

Riss shook her head. "What is that?" she asked, tilting her head slightly as she stared over Dani's shoulder. It would be close enough at this distance to give the illusion that the muse was looking at her. Or near enough, at least. Small tricks like that were sometimes necessary to get through a day or at least they had been.

Still, she was a little glad that Dani hadn't taken her 'suggestion' poorly. She would have felt rather terrible for driving the priestess off like that. I mean, I still kinda mind that she's here but I'd rather her leave when it's her idea rather than force her to go. Would be nicer that way, I think. I'd feel better at least because then it wouldn't be my fault. Still, what is this thing she's talking about? Some kind of maid, it seems, but why are we talking about housecleaning?

16. - Top - End - #946

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Necanth Prison- Pipe

It would appear that nobody has found this particular chamber. One of the boxes contains tins of preserved fruit. Another is filled with ripe oranges. A third has cans of spam. A fourth has bottled water, and a fifth box has bars of chocolate. About one third of the boxes contain food or drink, a third contain pistol rounds, shotgun shells, assault rifle magazines, and other ammunition and the remaining third are filled with coins, notes, and gemstones.
    Necanth Prison- Pipe

Well that seems like Zefir got a meal for this day. He starts preparing the fruits spam and water to arrange a meal. He doesn't take to much since he already knows what food is worth in this place. But not to forget he takes a look over the notes maybe they tell him where he can find a gun. Better take a weaon than no weapon.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #947

Misha's Pool

Misha mimes a sigh of relief as her little bout of housecleaning is finished. The trinkets and totems have been moved down to that small tunnel she showed Riss, and she's once again acquainted herself with where all the bodies are buried under a layer of loose sand.

Checking back in on Riss, she seems to be alright now, although Misha was definitely aware of her earlier distress, even though she had to block it out so that she didn't lash out at Dani needlessly.

Now that the "I have to defend my stuff from the careless invaders" panic has faded, Misha pokes her head up out of the water, figuratively. She's heard from Dani enough to know that the Angelican at least respected the pool while Misha was asleep, which makes sense, as otherwise she'd have been woken by the trespass, but the nereid still isn't ready to talk to people without being caustic.

So instead of actually peeking up, she raises the water level behind Dani a bit, her pool responding to her will without delay, acting as a part of her body, when in fact she is a part of it.

And then she flicks the unnatural little hump of liquid forwards, turning it into a wave that might just take Dani by surprise and cover her in water.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

18. - Top - End - #948

[Mountainside - General Area]

While the creatures invading seemingly have slaughtered the dwarves without no remorse they have started to try to take prisoners as the battle died down. Offering a chance to give up to the dwarves, or force them to surrender with other less civilized methods.

[Walls - Residential Section]

The dwarves can see that the gigantic stone golem lit with infernal flames is now slowly turning their way, smoke from the bombardment rising from it. The shoot in the chest have blown away a small chunk off. On the knee they can't see any obvious damage through the smoke but they seemed to have got it's attention at the very least. The golem leans forward and opens it's mouth,

"GAAAHHHH!!!"

It roars and starts to walk towards them, it's knee apparently fine despite the bombardment. But as it's about to reach the tower it's knee suddenly start to crack a bit, causing the demonic golem to almost fall over as it charges the building.

[Mines - Leaving the Emplacement]

The streets aren't exactly safe for the two, around them are the casualties of war, men, women, children, no one was spared from these creatures assault which judging by the bodies was more of a extermination then an actual war. The bodies of these creature just seemed to disappear into thin air when killed after all.

In the skies they can see a group of large bat-like creatures which seems to be patrolling the skies, looking for any survivors. They are about the size of horses with a wingspan as large as drakes. The brothers should know these wretched creatures to spin a very dangerous acid which can quickly melt through armor and flesh.

As they miraculously managed to get through almost the entire monster-infested city they can hear the flying creatures screams overhead. It appears they have been spotted and now quickly descending towards them are three of the flying bat-monsters with the Winchesta' just around the corner.

[Mines - Escape Tunnel]

As the pair makes their stand at the exit they can hear strange sounds coming from the opposite tunnel. There are grunts and screeches followed by the sound of movement.

Something seems to be coming towards them.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-07-20 at 04:43 PM.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Beren's Hold

Depends. How big is it?
    "Well I don't have it yet."

And what are the three sources of bone within their cell?

"Would a finger do? I could chip it into shape if it's needed. Or maybe... a claw? Would a claw work?"

20. - Top - End - #950

Beren's Hold

Akoraun winces. Yeah.... are you sure? He holds out his hand.
    Last edited by Dark Elf Bard; 2012-07-20 at 04:26 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

21. - Top - End - #951
    Pixie in the Playground

[Beren's Hold]

Ophelia seriously considers taking one of his fingers. It would be less painful that way. But then, of course, she's still bleeding, so chances of him changing would increase, and chances of him being able to pick a lock while missing a finger and in a lot of pain is small. Besides, werecreatures on Laira regenerate.

So she laughs at him instead. "I'd only want your flesh if I was hungry!"

Instead she holds up her own hand. Now, the bones of a werecat are far too strong to snap or break. But the claws are delicately placed, cocooned inside the soft flesh, and can easily be withdrawn.

The skin on her index finger is easy to part with her teeth, made easier by the simple fact that her messed-up nerves don't register pain very well. The horrible smell of rotting, decaying flesh fills the room. To her, it's like a pinprick. Digging the fingers on her other hand into the wound, she manages to grab hold of the claw underneath the skin, and yank it out. The loud CRACK sounds much worse than it feels, and moments later she's holding out a dark red curving claw in blood-covered fingers for him to take.

And smiling. Yes, smiling. At him. Rather creepily.

22. - Top - End - #952

Akoraun winces again. Are you okay? He ginger;y takes the claw and waits for answer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

23. - Top - End - #953
    Orc in the Playground

Necanth Prison- Pipe

Actually, they're banknotes, rather than any other form of note. Sorry; I thought the context would have made it clear.

The food is perfectly edible and Zefir can take as much, or as little, as he wants. It seems doubtful that the grimlock above has discovered this little hoard; otherwise less would likely remain.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

24. - Top - End - #954
    Pixie in the Playground

[Beren's Hold]

Ophelia hesitates, examines her fingers, and whimpers quietly, less from the non-existent pain, and more from the pungent odor of rot that ever reminds her of her abnormality. Rather than answer, she sticks them in her mouth to suck up the blood.

Hopefully he'll remember that the disease is so powerful and consuming that:

Werecreature blood + drow blood = werecreature blood

And not stick the bloodied claw anywhere he may have wounds.

Recoiling slightly, she nods to the door. What are you waiting for? Open it.

25. - Top - End - #955

Ewwww... Akoraun wipes the blood off on his shirt and jimmies the lock for about five minutes. It should pop open.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

26. - Top - End - #956
    Pixie in the Playground

[Beren's Hold]

Yep. The locks aren't particularly complex, as Beren figured the people in the cells would have been brainwashed onto not escaping anyways.

Still, it's like some sort of mechanism. The moment the door pops open, Beren's mind is back, trying to poke back into Akoraun's all over again, slightly more forcefully this time.

27. - Top - End - #957

Akoraun starts banging his head against the wall to get Beren out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

28. - Top - End - #958
    Troll in the Playground

[Misha's Pool]

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    Riss shook her head. "What is that?" she asked, tilting her head slightly as she stared over Dani's shoulder. It would be close enough at this distance to give the illusion that the muse was looking at her. Or near enough, at least. Small tricks like that were sometimes necessary to get through a day or at least they had been.

Still, she was a little glad that Dani hadn't taken her 'suggestion' poorly. She would have felt rather terrible for driving the priestess off like that. I mean, I still kinda mind that she's here but I'd rather her leave when it's her idea rather than force her to go. Would be nicer that way, I think. I'd feel better at least because then it wouldn't be my fault. Still, what is this thing she's talking about? Some kind of maid, it seems, but why are we talking about housecleaning?
    Dani smiles encouragingly!
    "Well, there isn't one in this pool, but they're sort-of like your friend was - she's a nereid, right? - they live in the water and they're so nice and pretty, cool. I wondered if you knew any since you know water fey. I could introduce you to one sometime maybe if you wanted?"

...and, at this point, the little redhead found herself overtaken by a rogue wave!

Shrieking at first in surprise and shock.
    ..which quickly turns into gales of laughter!
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-07-21 at 11:13 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #959

[Misha's Pool]

The prospect of going to meet more people was not the most appealing of things right off. Though the muse knew it was likely a good idea to follow through and meet new individuals, it was not necessarily something she really wanted to do at the moment. Or for a while if I can get away with it. Well, that one planned meeting aside, I guess.

Riss spotted the wave just moments before it washed over Dani, a small smile lighting up her face even as a tear was rubbed away. Even something like that was a bit of comfort, knowing that Misha was still around. Why wouldn't she be? She only said she was going to be gone for a while... Haaah.. You really are paranoid that she'll fall asleep on you, aren't you? Why not just make a time capsule and be done with it? ...Actually, there might be something to that..

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ogre in the Playground

Walls - Residential

The Captain looks up from just finishing loading the powder charge when the Infernal roars at them. The pipe falls from his mouth to land on the well worked stone beneath his feet. "By Bugman's Beer..." He swears under his breath before grabbing the bottom of the next 500lb sphere of shot. "Oop an' over!" He shouts to his men, knowing that by the time they get the Bombard loaded, it might be too late, but it was their best shot.

Headed To The Winchester

The brothers look up at the demon with an expression that can only be described as "Oh bugger". Looking around quickly, Thredrick points at a house with an open front door and the pair race towards him, hoping that they're quick enough to get in before the acid comes raining down.

Mines - Escape Tunnel

The two dwarves at the chokepoint raise their shields, forming a small wall as they ready their axes. They lean forward slightly, ready in case something decides to try and charge through them and silently hoping that whatever it was couldn't. If something did, it'd leave the Civilians nearly undefended except by Lady Shieldbreaker and that boy of hers.

At the sound, Marath looks up. "Yoo git ready, M'lady. I'll keep loodin' these." He offers. With a nod, Lady Shieldbreaker picks up her favorite hunting rifle and shoulders it as the boy gets back to loading the various guns, about 2/3 of the way through them.