New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 5

Misha's Pool

"A tail? That... hm. I don't think I could even do a tail myself. I guess I never wondered what it was like, really. Maybe a tail would look cute on you... but I really couldn't care. No matter what your wrapping, you're still my Riss." She shrugs with finality. Riss could be as happy or as self conscious as she wanted to be, and change whatever she was able to, and Misha would still be drawn to her personality and knowledge like a salamander to a cool, damp place. She wasn't really picky about appearance, as proven by some of her early, desperate attempts at curtaining when she was first acquainted with a brand new sex drive, so Riss could look however she wanted, and Misha would adapt. The long hair, as much as she professed to like it better, simply reminded her of the events that ended with their first real connection. It was a good memory, which is why she asked Riss to keep it that way.

The freckles, as evidenced by Riss' peculiar pale blush, were simply adorable. Frankly, she had to restrain herself from nuzzling the muse's cheek while she spoke.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #1022

[Misha's Pool]

Riss let out a contented hum as she opened one eye. "I don't think I can hear you say that enough." she said, reaching out to try and pull Misha close so she could embrace her. And perhaps nuzzle her neck a little. She was still too sore to do to much beyond that, though, and made sure to keep from leaving the nereid in a state because of it. "But I haven't really seen any place around here that would do something like that so I suppose I'll just have to live with having my nereid who's as wonderful and patient with her problematic muse as she is voluptuous. A right shame, that." she said, completely unable to keep herself from smiling all the way through.

Misha would definitely notice, though, that the muse' body temperature was still a bit elevated in comparison to when they first arrived. Although it seemed that neither of them had seemed particularly bothered by this, Riss, at the least, did have to eventually worry about the exposure to the sun after all.

3. - Top - End - #1023

Misha's Pool

"Don't forget murderous, vicious, and protective in those descriptions of yours." She replies, tongue in cheek. Still, it's no use just laying here when they could be doing something else.

"You might get a burn if we stay out in the sun. We should either move into the shade, or maybe back into the pool. I could teach you how to swim properly, and if we take it slow it might even limber you up and work out those aches." They'd have to take it very slow not to mess anything up, but she remembers how many people liked to swim just to take out the stress of a lot of physical activity.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #1024

[Misha's Pool]

"I think I should just start stretching some from now on. Would probably help at least a little bit." Riss said as she gave Misha one last, mostly chaste squeeze. Still, getting up would be a bit of a chore in and of itself but, a slow and rather odd gait aside, the muse would be able to support herself well enough. The only problem would be finding where her goggles had gotten off to.

Riss would be rather careful when entering the water again, though. She was aware of what cool water could do to taxed muscles and made sure that nothing decided to seize up on her. Once she felt she was acclimated enough, though, She would be quite receptive to Misha's lessons even if she might not show the energy she might normally have in such a situation.

5. - Top - End - #1025

Misha's Pool

So, for the rest of the morning, Misha demonstrates how to correctly swim, first visually, then guiding Riss through the motions hands on, making sure to always take it slow. She shows her how to properly float, tread water, and front and back stroke before finishing off with a few diving lessons. That's all Riss is probably up for, seeing as they still have to walk back to the cave after this.

Who knows, maybe if she asks nicely, Misha will give her a piggy back ride.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Pixie in the Playground

Beren's Hold

I think she's his neice?

Hmm... Ophelia is Shade's true daughter, and his blood twice over. Beren is Nixa's half-brother. And Nixa is Akoraun's half-sister, with the other half that isn't Shade's blood. So that would make Akoraun and Shade step-brothers (or half-brothers too. I'm not sure.) and Akoraun would then be Ophelia's step-or-half-uncle, despite being the same age as her.

Or something.

...I give up. That family is too complicated.

Anyways:

So, they're still hurtling along a never-ending underground tunnel, and slowly, bit by bit, the rough clay floors change to tiles, and the walls smooth and eventually give way to a wallpapered hallway.

And that's when she hears it.

"People up ahead! Guards!"

Ophelia halts very suddenly, terrified of running into Beren's possessed soldiers. In such tight quarters that could be rather bad for Akoraun, as he may run into her.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beren's Hold

Akoraun stops abruptly, and almost trips over Ophelia, brushing her arm.

What do we do?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Pixie in the Playground

[Beren's Hold]

"I don't know!" Ophelia wails. "I don't wanna be a prisoner again!"

She jumps when Akoraun touches her, and hisses at him.

"Here, why don't you go in front. I'll, uh, be right behind you." She tries to push him in front of her.

9. - Top - End - #1029

Beren's Hold

Woah! Hold on!

Then he's pushed forward!

He looks nervous and his toes point together.

Um...sirs? Beren told you that you're... needed in the jail cells?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountainside - Wall

A dwarven war cry rises from the wall as the bombard's second shot completely shatters the Infernal's knee, causing it to collapse with a wailing cry to shatter on top of the hovels that littered the city's Residential Section. Sure, it had caught the places on fire nearly instantly, but the dwarven defenders had finally dealt a blow that these demon bastards would remember for eons to come.

...right?

A loud scream from the stairwell tells the Captain that the last of the warriors holding off the demons below had finally been injured, and when it gets cut short, it sends a chill down his spine. No self-respecting dwarf would ever admit to being afraid, mind you, but there were some things that at least unsettled them and knowing your death was imminent was one such thing.

Even so, they wouldn't go without a fight.

The Captain laughs to himself as he sets his shoulder behind a 500lb Bombard shot that had been set aside especially for when this happened, and he pushes it down the stairs as soon as he sees the first of the vile greeblies turn the corner. The following squishes, crunches, cut-off screams, and fleshy impacts that resounded up the stairway filled his heart with sadistic cheer that would have made even the most insane of gnome tinkerers shy away.

The crewmen behind him couldn't help but laugh with him at the ridiculousness of the situation, but the screech of bat-demons above them cut their cheer short, making them look up into the rain of acidic death that poured down upon them.

The Winchester

Running into the buildings to escape the wave of bat-demons was a smart choice for the dwarven brothers, and so had the idea of chopping their way through the walls of all the connected buildings to get to their pub of choice. Same with barricading the Pub entrance when they had arrived to find a half dozen others there sharing pints of the best ales in the city.

All those smart choices were undone as soon as a none-too-wise drunken dwarf(were there any other kind?) rapped his knuckles on the enchanted mimic to play music.

Of course, it wasn't zombies that busted down the barricades or launched themselves through the walls. Just demons. Lots and lots of hound and monkey demons. Cannon fodder really. But there's only so much a small pack of inebriated dwarves could do against a couple hundred of the damnable things.

Axes cut, hammers fell, and bullets rang out for several long minutes, but it wasn't long until Thredrick was standing over the body of his brother, the last one standing. He was covered in bites and claw marks and could feel the poisons begin to seep into his body, slowing him down as the next pack of demon hounds, lead by their master, began to close around him.

He looked at his only weapons, a torch and a flagon of the best that the Winchester had to offer, before looking at the Hound Master with a mad glint to his eyes and a crooked grin. Before the hounds close in completely, the dwarf dumps the flagon over his head and lights himself with the torch, cackling madly as he turns into a rather short avatar of fury and fire. The Hound Master is taken aback by the sight and is simply too slow to avoid him when Thredrick launches himself at the demon, taking it with him to the grave.

Escape Tunnels

As well trained as the pair of dwarven soldiers were, they were completely unprepared for the charge of the predatory demon. It moved so fast that it seemed to blur and it simply knocked apart their shields as if their strength meant nothing. The thing stood on two backward jointed legs and had it's body covered in thick leathery flesh that turned aside the hammer from one of the soldiers. Two of it's four scythe like hands stabbed into his gut in retaliation and flicked outward, cutting the dwarf in half like a piece of tissue.

Crack! went Lady Shieldbreaker's first rifle, sending a lead ball through one of the shoulders of the beast, knocking it back and disabling one of the four deadly weapons it had. It turns it's beaked head to her, looking at her with a cold intelligence as it parried the other soldier's axe and swept away the dwarf's head with another flick of it's talon.

The sight of such cold murder shook the Lady and her servant, causing her hands to shiver ever so slightly, throwing off the aim of her next shot, making her miss by a wide margin. By the time she dropped the useless rifle and reached out for another, it was already too late as the demon screeched and charged forward. The talons stabbed towards her and she screamed, closing her eyes, expecting pain.

There was a deep grunt, but it came from Marath as three talons stabbed into his gut. His skin became pallid and sweaty with pain, and he couldn't help but cry out when it lifted him into the air to look him in the eyes, wanting to see the light of life fade from him. Looking back, the lad snarled and raised the pistol in his hand right under the demon's beak before pulling the trigger.

Crack!

The shot blew away the demon's head, but it fell forward onto him, making the human boy scream in pain as the talons dug deeper before passing out. Lady Shieldbreaker bit her lip as she slipped him out as gently as she could, wincing at the horrible wound. She did the best she could, using her overtunic to staunch the bleeding, but the surgeons would have to use their skills soon in order to save him from bleeding to death.

When more screeching comes from down the tunnels, she shudders, thinking what even a handful of those beasts could do if they got to the civilians in the tunnel. Acting quickly, she rolls the keg of gunpowder down the tunnel and raises a pistol. When it gets a ways down, to the chokepoint, she fires.

The resulting explosion was disorienting, but the sound of rock collapsing was a reward, letting her know that they were safe for a time even before the smoke cleared. With a heavy sigh, she picks up her servant and drops down into the hole, into the tunnels to find a surgeon. " 'Ang in there, laddie...just...just 'ang in there."

Mountainside - General

One by one the little strongholds of resistance fell until not a single axe or hammer fell once more...

11. - Top - End - #1031

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Necanth Prison- Pipe

Most of the gemstones aren't too valuable; it's mostly different forms of chalcedony. The most valuable is a brick made of heliotrope, a green form of chalcedony with red flecks also known as bloodstone.

The room is decorated by a large pool underneath the pipe into which the river from the cavern above flows as a waterfall. There's a portcullis leading away in one of the walls, made of ruthenium. The stone block walls, however, if searched incredibly carefully, contain a hidden button.
    Necanth Prison- Pipe

Well Zefir has to go carefully after all. He don't wants to run into a trap and therfor searches for everything that may tell him if there are other people around. In that case the hidden button may be found Yeah! but befor he press it he will look down the portcullis what waits for him there.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Orc in the Playground

Necanth Prison- Below the Pipe

On the other side of the portcullis is a long, perfectly round corridor lit by torches mounted to the walls. The torches are mounted in a spiralling pattern, some seeming to be on the top or bottom of the ceiling and others upside down, yet the flickering flames seem to believe the torch it is on is vertical and the right-way up.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Pixie in the Playground

Beren's Hold

Sirs and madame, actually!

Beren isn't picky who serves him. As long as he can crawl around in their minds without much trouble, and as long as they know which end of a sword to hold, they qualify for his guards.

However, these ones are actually previous palace guards, as shown by the slightly-tattered purple uniforms. They're a bit tougher, better trained.

"Why are you making this so difficult for me?" One asks, obviously speaking Beren's thoughts. "I can't kill you. If I kill you, she'll never return. I can, however, make your life incredibly difficult for a time. I'm not evil though, you will be quite happy here, I assure you. Now, get back in your cell."

14. - Top - End - #1034

Beren's Hold

What do I do, what do I do?? Akoraun looks nervous. His pointy ears prick up slightly.

Um... er, uh...let us go! We'll- hurt you!
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

15. - Top - End - #1035

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Necanth Prison- Below the Pipe

On the other side of the portcullis is a long, perfectly round corridor lit by torches mounted to the walls. The torches are mounted in a spiralling pattern, some seeming to be on the top or bottom of the ceiling and others upside down, yet the flickering flames seem to believe the torch it is on is vertical and the right-way up.
    Well then better leave that for later. A place where gravity changes can't be that nice after all.

So let's head back to the button and press it. Best things is to go over the secret paths so noone can come from behind. Zefir will at least have one grenade ready.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Orc in the Playground

Necanth Prison- Below The Pipe

The button is pressed, and the basin into which the water from the pipe flows rises up, revealing a spiral staircase beneath it.

17. - Top - End - #1037

Necanth Prison- Below The Pipe

Well ok that is a suprise and it shouldn't be bad to go there for now. In fact if anyone who follows can't find the switch they won't be able to follow him and thats one side safe . So the stairs are his way, but be carefull they are wet and he don't wants to break his neck there.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Orc in the Playground

Necanth Prison- Spiral Staircase

When Zefir has reached the twentieth step down, the secret entrance closes behind him with a click; there's a small keyhole to reopen it. The stairwell spirals downwards for a long time. After about half an hour of travelling he'll find a small alcove featuring a bed, an electric light, a chest, a lavatory and a wardrobe. It's a rest area, rather than a room; it's too crowded for somebody to live there full-time. Plus, there's no divide for the lavatory; it's exposed so that anybody passing by can see.

19. - Top - End - #1039

When the sound comes Zefir stops and turns back. No hast since there could still be someone behind who closed the door. As he reaches the door he is a bit relieved, until he note the key lock. "Damn." He sais befor turning back. Seems like he needs the key let's hope there is one here.

Well this place he found isn't bad, but he needs to escape the prison after all. First let's check the chest and the wardrobe at best there will be some informations or the key.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Orc in the Playground

The chest contains an assault rifle and fifty cartridges, alongside a hard plastic helmet and a hefty steel mace. The wardrobe has several pairs of jeans, a leather jacket, a blue hoody and a box of grenades at the bottom, in addition to a pair of Chelsea boots and a combat knife with a sheath that can be strapped to the arm or leg. Unfortunately, no key; presumably that's kept at the bottom.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ogre in the Playground

[Thunderhead Mountain Adventure]
    Nycca and the others will be walking along a paved road that gradually gets rougher as they head toward the bulk of the mountain in the distance.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1042

On The Way To Thunderhead Mountain

Hopefully Kallista is riding on Talina's back, unless the healer has bucked her off.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Troll in the Playground

On The Way To Thunderhead Mountain

And Rhyan the half-drowess follows, silent but alert.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

24. - Top - End - #1044

HalfOrcPirate

Thunderhead Mountain, ahoy!
    Abraxes trudges on, silently following the rest of the group. "And, what are we doing? Fighting our way up the mountain?" Well, maybe not so silently.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

25. - Top - End - #1045

Thunderhead Mountain

"I think it would be more prudent to sneak as far up as we can," Justin says to the Abraxes. "But don't worry. I'm sure at some point a small error on someone's part will alert every single hostile on the mountain directly to us, so we'll have plenty to fight eventually," he adds in a sort of cheery sarcasm. Adjusting the dufflebag slung over his shoulder and taking a deep satisfying breath, the vault boy picks up the pace slightly. "For now, let's just enjoy the hike and each other's company. Anyone know any good stories?" Towards the end it actually gets hard to parse out the sarcasm. He might genuinely want to get to know some of these people.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-08-17 at 07:44 PM.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground

They're coming to the mountain's foot, and the road starts to slope up now.
    We don't have to be that quiet just yet, no worries...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 5

Fluttering optimistically overhead, Lewis Wyllt had begun to whistle a cheery medieval tune as the others Chatted below. Ending the tune and continuing to ignore the gravitational forces demanding that human-sized being cannot stay afloat on insectoid wings, the Pixie cheerfully joins in.

"I've got tomes of stories. Few from the Nexus, but plenty from my old world. I've been to the great jarhmarkts with Prussian werewolves, fought alongside the Lowlander Trolls and heard great-cousin Merlin's tales at the Dartmoor Piskey Circle."

Looping in mid-air, Lewis grins at the stealthy Justin before continuing with even greater cheer.

"But I doubt not that they seem dreadfully square to anyone who has been in the Nexus for long. Don't you have great tales yourself?"
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

28. - Top - End - #1048

HalfOrcPirate

Thunderhead Mountain
    Lewis's optimistic tone mostly annoyed Abraxes, but now, the pixie had picqued his interest. "Prussian werewolves? That's a story that deserves retelling, I think - I've rarely heard stories of beast-people." He trudges along the mountain path, realizing that his heavy armor is a drawback when moving. "Should've got a pack mule or hireling for this..."
    Last edited by Falgorn; 2012-08-18 at 12:07 PM.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

29. - Top - End - #1049

Thunderhead Mountain

"Prussian werewolves was the only part of that I understood," Justin says to Lewis. "Tell that story."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

Nycca grins.
    Prussian Werewolves, seriously? That sounds spectacular.
    Glancing off the road, they may see dips in the ground, low trees, and mist.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show