New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 5

Necanth Prison

Freddy and Cat find themselves in a large chamber, in a circle of six statues. They're identical apart from the material used; one is ebony, one is marble, one is quartz, one is bone, one is pink granite and one is coal. The ebony, bone and coal statues turn to Freddy. "Brian No'Canthu, you have been arrested for nineteen counts of murder, three counts of malicious injury and one count of attempted murder. Your sentence: Life imprisonment. Report to Cell Block 984 immediately." The quartz, pink granite and marble statues turn to Cat. "Grazob maGurthol, you are under arrest for two counts of littering. Your sentence: Life imprisonment. Report to Solitary Confinement Block 652 immediately." The statues return to being statues.

The floor and walls are rough-carved solid stone. If either of them can sense such, this is no longer the Nexus, but a timeless demi-plane. This means that they won't age here, though hunger, thirst and tiredness are unchanged. Natural healing is slightly faster, too.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Abbey Sanctuary]

"About six hundred years ago this Abbey was founded by Archon Zarathustra."

Thus spoke Zarathustra!

*ahem*

"While she was still alive and here in the land of the living, of course," Sister Phoebe recounts. "It was meant to be a place of solace and training for the Sisters of Silence before we would be sent out into the surrounding fiefdoms."

Yay for fiefdoms!

[Prison]

Freddy blinks heavily, quite disoriented from having been whisked away so suddenly. That was the first time he was ever teleported and if he still had a stomach he would probably be emptying it onto the floor right now.

And...

Some statues are talking to him.

"...Brian No'Canthu...? I'm Fredrick Barrelson," the Huldra objects. "Where are we? What is this place?"

Seems they might have just been kidnapped.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #123

[Prison]

Cathy is still hissing as she is teleported into the prison.
    She falls quiet as she realises this, looking around. Freddy's over there, that's something so she calms down a bit. Poof go the wings. She's still a bit on edge though, so her claws, fangs tail and symbols remain. "Gra.. What? That's not my name! And I certainly did not litter!" She says, growling.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

Necanth Prison

A large sign written in Common/English, Draconic, Elven and Orcish lies above a large stone doorway; an iron door lies discarded to one side. The sign says 'Welcome to Necanth Prison. Say Hello to the Rest of Your Life'. Beyond the doorway come faint sounds of a particularly raucous party- something unlikely to occur in a prison in which one has a life sentence in solitary confinement for littering.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Halfling in the Playground

Clinic

"Now, this shapechanging... is it gonna make it hard to augment you? Cuz' we got a few security attachments that are, y'know, mandatory," Adam seems to like Evan, and is less than thrilled about forcing something on the new employee. Might scare him off.

Harnel's Birthday Party

"Wow. So... someone else had to drive you to the hospital?" Adir frowns a bit. He should've been here for that. "That sucks." The stag loads Harnel's cake into the hovercraft, hoping it doesn't get messed up somehow before he gets a change to eat it.

If I recall, they got a toddler seat for car rides with Laela. Sakura could always hold her, of course, but it's not as safe. Adir climbs into the drivers' seat and turns the keys. The truck thrums to life, hovering maybe six inches off the ground.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #126

[Prison]

Hey! Littering is a serious offense! Litter bugs should be dealt with int he most ruthless and inhuman fashion imaginable. Solitary confinement is way too good for them.

Hmmm...

Looks like no one answer Freddy's question!

The Huldra huffs and decides to use violence against one of the statues!

Mostly by chucking a pair of fox fire wisps at it!

The attack isn't much more potent than a relatively novice fire spell. Not even talking Fireball level of destruction.

"I've been hurled into enough random worlds! Send me back!" he yells at the statue.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-04-25 at 07:47 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127

[Abbey Sanctuary]

Hildur absorbs this information, and soon asks, "So where was this place originally, before it ended up here in the Nexus?" She still wonders how such a thing was possible, but not as much as before.

8. - Top - End - #128

[Prison]
    While Freddy's shooting fire at statues, Cat has calmed down enough to look sort of human again.

Then there's the noise. They should investigate!
    Cathy will reach out to try and touch Freddy's shoulder.
    "Fred, calm down. "
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

Necanth Prison

Unfortunately for Freddy, even the coal statue won't burn. It seems Freddy isn't the first to try damaging them, either; at the bottom of the quartz statue is the shattered remains of a sledgehammer.

It sounds to be an incredibly raucous party. The kind of party where afterwards everything is broken and there's lots of comatose people lying around. Although this one sounds as though not all of the people lying around are comatose.

10. - Top - End - #130

[Prison]

Upon seeing that the statue isn't going anywhere the Huldra grumps at it before recalling his wisps. The little swirls of blue flame begin to dance around him like angry hornets.

"Fine... I guess we may as well figure out where we are, right?"
    Freddy replies before POOFing into super hawt form and heading toward the door.

Looking human may or may not be a good idea right now!

Guess he'll find out shortly.

"It sounds like... a carnival or something?"
    he comments as he heads toward the broken door to see what's going on.

No doubt lots of revelry.

[Abbey Sanctuary]

"We were previously between the fiefdoms of Baron Archibald and Baroness Gilda," Phoebe replies. "It appears as though most of Baron Archilbald's land was brought here as well as some of Baroness Gilda's. However the Baroness is absent and the Baron is in the process of claiming what was once her lands as his own."

11. - Top - End - #131

[Abbey Sanctuary]

"There's a process to claiming land? Can't this Baron just, you know, claim it, if the Baroness isn't there?" Hildur clearly doesn't know much about how nobles act.

12. - Top - End - #132

[Abbey Sanctuary]

That question manages to get a laugh out of Agatha!

"Of course not silly!"

What a silly question.

"Nobles have to go through all sorts of ceremonies and stuff to get new land. The people from there need to swear fealty to the Baron and stuff like that."

So much stuff!

Doesn't Hildur know about stuff?

She should totally know about stuff.

13. - Top - End - #133

[Abbey Sanctuary]

Hildur totally knows about stuff! Just not a lot of stuff that isn't related to snowboarding or physics. "Huh. Where I come from, people just buy the land they want."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

Necanth Prison

Zefir is teleported here, into the circle of six statues. The bone, coal and marble statues turn to him and speak. "Terrowin of Xela's Howe, you have been arrested for twenty nine counts of murder, six counts of slavery, thirty four counts of torture and sixteen counts of abduction. Your sentence: Life imprisonment." After they're pronouncement the statues turn back to their previous positions.

15. - Top - End - #135

[Abbey Sanctuary]

"Well... sometimes portions of a fief are purchased from another baron or baroness for money..." Agatha replies thoughtfully. "The land the Abbey is on was donated a loooooong time ago so the Abbey could be built. All the land belongs to one of the barons or baronesses."

All of it.

All of it.

And the peasants own nothing.

They just work the land as hardly-above-slaves.

...which....

Is basically how feudalism works.

16. - Top - End - #136

[Abbey Sanctuary]

All of this just ends up making Hildur wish she'd paid more attention to her history (meaning any at all.) She can't really think of any more questions, so she just nods and returns to her meal.

17. - Top - End - #137

[Prison]

Catherine will follow Freddy to the door, her symbols glowing. Just in case.
    "Be careful, who knows what's behind there? A prison is no place for a party.."
    Not that she knows a lot about prisons.
    Then the statues speak and another person appears. This is getting weirder by the second.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

Necanth Prison

Beyond where the door used to be (it's now lying in the dust not too far away) is a short corridor, on the other side of which is the party. The corridor has smooth walls, floor and ceiling; they've been carved and polished smooth from the same single piece of rock. At the far end of the corridor is an ill-fitting door that seems to have been built from several random pieces of wood nailed together; a section of wagon wheel is plainly visible, and the door handle is the leg-stump of a table incorporated into its construction.

19. - Top - End - #139

[Prison]

Another person just got dumped here?

Another person from Trog's it looks like.

Welp!

Already know they're aren't getting out the way they came. And the only exit is!

Freddy pulls open the crudely fashioned door!

And on the other side is!

Things.

Probably.

Stay tuned to find out!

[Abbey Sanctuary]

"So?" Agatha asks excitedly. "What was it like? Flying, I mean?"

20. - Top - End - #140

[Abbey Sanctuary]

"It was..." Hildur stops mid-speech, unsure how to continue for a bit. "It was exhilarating, that's for sure. I'd certainly never done anything like it."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Necanth Prison

Zefir is teleported here, into the circle of six statues. The bone, coal and marble statues turn to him and speak. "Terrowin of Xela's Howe, you have been arrested for twenty nine counts of murder, six counts of slavery, thirty four counts of torture and sixteen counts of abduction. Your sentence: Life imprisonment." After they're pronouncement the statues turn back to their previous positions.
    Necanth Prison

Zefir watches them, where did they know that? After all it was the wrong name and some things weren't right.

"Hey I'm not Terrowin of Xela's Howe. Who do you think you are?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Clinic

"Now, this shapechanging... is it gonna make it hard to augment you? Cuz' we got a few security attachments that are, y'know, mandatory," Adam seems to like Evan, and is less than thrilled about forcing something on the new employee. Might scare him off.
    [Clinic]

"Well... You'll have to make the augs bigger than normal." Evan says, "A fair amount bigger. I should be able to compensate for them during shapeshifting, but metal and the like is always a lot harder to affect than organic matter. So... my threshold won't be as high. Hmm. I guess I may be stuck with a tail soon."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

23. - Top - End - #143

[Abbey Sanctuary]

"Haha! Wow! It must be like the when we first learn how to use the Leap of the Heavens!" Agatha laughs. "It sure feels like you're flying sometimes, but you always come back down!"

That must have been the crazy super jump she used to scale the mountain so quickly.

Those silly Nuns!

"Even if you don't join the Abbey I bet you could probably do fine for yourself back in that weird city. No one would mess with a skill Air Shaper!"

Because they would get blown away!

Okay, yeah. That was a terrible pun.

24. - Top - End - #144

[Abbey Sanctuary]

"Yeah," Hildur says with an air of realization behind her voice. "Yeah, I suppose I could." She smiles a little as she says that. Not having to be afraid of everything anymore was a pretty big plus for her.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Harnel's Birthday Party

"Wow. So... someone else had to drive you to the hospital?" Adir frowns a bit. He should've been here for that. "That sucks." The stag loads Harnel's cake into the hovercraft, hoping it doesn't get messed up somehow before he gets a change to eat it.

If I recall, they got a toddler seat for car rides with Laela. Sakura could always hold her, of course, but it's not as safe. Adir climbs into the drivers' seat and turns the keys. The truck thrums to life, hovering maybe six inches off the ground.
    Whoops, forgot this somehow. >.<

[Harnel's Birthday Party]

Sakura does indeed buckle Laela into her seat. *nodnod* "Well, actually Harnel did most of the work delivering Laela. I had no idea he knew anything about that, let alone was actually able to do it." She laughs, and looks a little sheepish. "I think I ruined some of their sheets." <.<

26. - Top - End - #146

[Abbey Sanctuary]

Life is a lot less scary when one isn't totally defenseless.

It seems regardless of what Hildur does next this visit has been good for her!

Agatha laughs a bit. "It must be like when I first was given the spark. You finding out that you can Shape so well, I mean. Before I felt totally helpless. But all of a sudden I could sing and make the world a better place for my friends! It was amazing!"

So very amazing!

"The Emperor has great plans for you, Hildur! I'm sure of it!"

Woohoo!

Plans!

27. - Top - End - #147

[Abbey Courtyard]

Hildur just smiles a little more, still being unsure how to feel about this religion, and more unsure to feel about there possibly being a plan for her. "As long as I can help people, I suppose I'd be just fine with the Emperor's plans."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Halfling in the Playground

Harnel's Birthday Party

"Harnel? Whoah." Adir says with a thoughtful smile, putting his seat belt on. He grins like a fool. "I think I owe him now. I know, I can deliver Cessie's kids!" Adir says, starting the car and humming off toward Inside.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

[(The Remains of) Harnel's Birthday Party]

Sakura laughs and shakes her head. "Those poor babies." More laughter follows. "Come on, drive faster. I wanna be there quick." Clearly she doesn't understand the concept of a speed limit.

30. - Top - End - #150

[Abbey Sanctuary]

And on that note!

As the meal rounds up the Nuns begin to return to their quarters to sleep or pray or do whatever else it is that Nuns do. Hildur will be free to return to her room or wander about!

Or go to sleep.

It has been a pretty busy day after all.

So many neat new things learned!

Where to go from here?

What to do? What steps to take?

Wow, life sure is an adventure!