New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Kickstarter Thread I: Cash for The Cash God

Wow. Kickstarter broke and then gave 15,000 after it ended. I think Cthulhu is more eldrich than we thought.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

2. - Top - End - #182
    Pixie in the Playground

An interactive-Bones Link is http://greg.botch.com/bones/ With mouse-over one can see the "original" Miniature.

There's a table containing the order numbers and "Names" of the Minis included, so one can google painted versions.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
    Awesomesauce Doctor WhOotS-atar by Ceika!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Borgut View Post
    An interactive-Bones Link is http://greg.botch.com/bones/ With mouse-over one can see the "original" Miniature.

There's a table containing the order numbers and "Names" of the Minis included, so one can google painted versions.
    That is awesome, even if it is missing a few of the minis origional versions.

Also: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ven-sided-game

Still a bit of time left!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Borgut View Post

Huh, that answers one question I had, which is why the some of new mini's has actual figure images while some just have design art. Does anyone know if all of the vampire mini's going to be "new" (at least in plastic form), or whether some of the later additions are already around in plastic?
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
    Huh, that answers one question I had, which is why the some of new mini's has actual figure images while some just have design art. Does anyone know if all of the vampire mini's going to be "new" (at least in plastic form), or whether some of the later additions are already around in plastic?
    Prior to this almost every model Reaper made was metal, so none of these kickstarter models were anything but metal.
    There are a *few* resin models, but I have no idea which ones they were, I'm sure they must have been some larger monsters.
    The only plastic models they have are the Bones line, and there are about 28 or so models in the current bones line. As far as I know the only existing Bones models that ended up in the Vampire pack are from the Undead Horde and Dungeon Attack and I'm pretty sure all of those models are already orderable as Bones, but a couple might not be.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Mantic's latest kickstarter is up and running, so prepare yourselves for Dreadball

I'm officially allowed to talk about this now (Jake says so), so I will. I was at the beta test weekend for Dreadball and have played a few games of it, so I can give you a few bits of information about it.

For a start, before anyone asks, it's not Blood Bowl. It's more like Speedball 2 the boardgame, in that the game is very fast, and scoring means more than running the ball to the end of the pitch and shouting "yay!".

The key elements are that scoring is spread out around the pitch (like the stars/bouncer in Speedball), with three scoring zones, each of which are worth different values, and each having a possible bonus allowing a single strike to be worth 1-4 points depending on where on the board it is scored and scored from.

The other, and most significant difference is that when you score the board doesn't reset. The ball is fired back onto the centreline and play continues, that means you aren't spending time shuffling models back into starting positions, and you have to think in advance about how you're going to stop a runaway score in the opponent's turn, as the ball is now free.

The rules themselves are pretty elegant, there are only three main player types and each race has a single statline, but the balance of them being different in each team means that there's real variety in how the four starting teams play. The corporation are good at running and scoring, the marauders are really good at hitting people, the forge fathers (space dorfs) are solid fighters and very durable (though they have trouble standing up, dwarf tipping is a popular sport in its own right), and the veer-myn are excellent at stealing and keeping the ball (if sadly not very good at doing anything with it).

There's also the on-pitch presence of the referee, who can be moved by the players to either get out of the way for some creative fouling or to watch hawkishly in case your opponent has a funny look in their eye.

In all it's a really good sportsball board game, and Mantic are a company with some great people and would like your moneys.
    Last edited by GloatingSwine; 2012-08-28 at 01:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
    Man, the Reaper kickstarter is crazy. I'm definitely grabbing some paints, but the choices on mini's is difficult. On the one hand, I don't want to spend too much money (especially right after Gencon) and I don't know about really needing 180+ minis, on the other, getting the $60 level when vampire is only $40 more feels like a waste.

Where's a first world problems meme image when you need one?
    Meh. I have a $1300 machine to print myself off little plastic men. I still couldn't resist dropping $100 on this. And the thing of it is, I probably won't be able to resist adding on some of those amazingly sweet models. The prices really were just too good to pass up.

That said, I'm now torn between ordering a clockwork dragon and designing one. I never realized I needed a mini of one until I saw that bad boy.

Funky dice I'm less enthused over. I already have lots of obscure dice, no need for more that I'll sadly never use.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

So, a very unpleasant story here.
    Someone donated $7000 and then refused to pay, meaning that even though the project was successful, it could not be funded.

Just goes to show that you shouldn't be this guy.
    Last edited by wadledo; 2012-08-29 at 11:20 AM.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Meh. I have a $1300 machine to print myself off little plastic men. I still couldn't resist dropping $100 on this. And the thing of it is, I probably won't be able to resist adding on some of those amazingly sweet models. The prices really were just too good to pass up.

That said, I'm now torn between ordering a clockwork dragon and designing one. I never realized I needed a mini of one until I saw that bad boy.

Funky dice I'm less enthused over. I already have lots of obscure dice, no need for more that I'll sadly never use.
    Pics or it didn't happen.

Also, I design games for fun. I'll find a use for the strange dice.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I'm just going to leave this here. It's a KS from Slugfest Games, the people who make Red Dragon Inn and a handful of other really fun board games.

They're attempting to publish a Pathfinder source book called "The Guide To Inns and Taverns".
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    I'm just going to leave this here. It's a KS from Slugfest Games, the people who make Red Dragon Inn and a handful of other really fun board games.

They're attempting to publish a Pathfinder source book called "The Guide To Inns and Taverns".
    Not a huge pathfinderer....anyway...but the book looks decent.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

I have updated the first post with the following information:

The Mod Wonder:

This is the Kickstarter thread for Role-Playing Games. In it, you will find discussion and promotion of crowd-funded projects related to video, board, and card games. Kickstarters for traditional tabletop RPGS will be found in the Kickstarter thread for General Role-playing, while those for other projects can be found in Arts and Crafts or Media Discussions.

As a semi-permanent and structured thread, there are two rules that need to be addressed.

Rule 1. All other board rules apply. Do not flame, do not double post, do not troll. If a Kickstarter breaks any of the board rules (e.g. explicit materials, political or religious in nature), it will be deleted, and the person posting it will receive the appropriate warning or infraction.

Rule 2.Posting Kickstarter plugs. You may post one initial link to your Kickstarter, explaining the project; for our purposes, you "own" any project you post the initial link to, whether you're the creator or not. When the project is at a week or less remaining, you may post another reminder of it. You may, of course, join in any discussion of it, though we encourage that to move to Kickstarter, itself. Do not spam the thread with reminders; if people talk about it, they talk about it.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Andrew Hussie has posted a Kickstarter project for a Homestuck adventure game. It was posted 3 hours ago. It's currently at 25%.

Watch it in real time.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

For people who contributed to the Nekro project last spring, they are doing a Live Stream today with game play. Pretty excited about this project.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    Andrew Hussie has posted a Kickstarter project for a Homestuck adventure game. It was posted 3 hours ago. It's currently at 25%.

Watch it in real time.
    Meh. I don't really care too much for Homestuck. If it was a Problem Sleuth game on the other hand...
    Last edited by Maxios; 2012-09-04 at 04:43 PM.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default MORE: A space 4x game looking for Kickstarter funding

Kickstarter site

Game site

(Credit for discovering this project goes to Adam Solo over at SpaceSector.)

I know we're seeing a virtual glut of space 4x games right now -- most of which have been disappointments so far -- but despite this, I have to say M.O.R.E. looks like one of the more exciting entries in the genre I've seen in a very long time. There's so much sci-fi gaming goodness here, that it's almost overwhelming.

I hadn't even gotten halfway through the presentation video before I had my wallet out ready to pledge. (Just watch it; I dare you to not get at least a little excited!) Now here's hoping the devs can pull it off.

Hello! We are an international team comprised of 12 people from Poland, United States and Germany.

We are interested in the cosmos, science fiction literature and films, and playing computer games — in particular, 4x (Explore, Expand, Exploit and Exterminate) turn-based space strategies. For many years, we have played various games, and we hoped that we would finally find a game which could trigger in us a syndrome, "just one more round ..... " However, for the last several years, nothing has been produced to fill that void.

We know that many people before us undertook an ambitious challenge to dethrone the ultimate game—the classic of the genre—Master of Orion 2. These games are not satisfactory for us, because the effect is that, sooner or later, we will continue to go back to playing the classic as most diehard gaming enthusiast will do. Now, we finally decided to create a production that would be a worthy successor and extension to the 4x games of the past. We want to expand the gaming experience without complicating it.

We do not want to create a game with just impressive graphics. We want to go beyond the visual and special effects and create a truly amazing gaming experience, drawing on the wealth of options. We will create a game that captures the real joy of outwitting opponents,planning long-term strategy, and fighting 3D tactical space battles. We want our game to become the next computer game addiction.

This extensive— yet easy to use —game will be written for PC and will have impressive, polished graphics which require a minimum screen resolution of 1280x720. Space battles will be fought in turns on a 3D map. The game will enable multiplayer capability with simultaneous gaming on LAN and on the Internet. It will also have online player rankings.

Galactic maps can be generated based on different settings resulting in 189 types of galaxies. Galactic maps will include:

many types of stars (ranging from white dwarfs to red giants)
    different sizes of stars
    multiple star systems
    different types of nebulas
    black holes
    wormholes
    a galactic black hole

In addition, galaxy maps will have an option to switch to the information mode that allows the player to review more in-depth information. In our game, there are no starlines. The player will have complete freedom.

MORE will be visually appealing by using intuitive interfaces. Based on our basic game developing principles, we will enhance and improve the gaming experience. By providing an intuitive interface for each race, we will maintain that goal while providing each race their own unique interface design.

The game will be divided into nine chapters, similar to other 4x games. Each chapter provides standard functionality in conjunction with the design team's original ideas, rarely seen in games of this genre.

For example, a space yard is a solution that will be new to this genre, where users can design their own spacecraft. However, it will not be like most 4x games by placing items in predefined hulls . The game will allow designing of a spacecraft, and its hull will take place by making it from parts. This option provides users more freedom for designing their ships.

Space battles with vessels designed by the user will be conducted in full 3D and played in turns. This will be resulting in well-controlled spectacular engagements with an abundance of deadly beams, missiles, fighters and many other types of enemy attacks, such as suicide attacks or the possibility of ram hostile unit. We will, of course, introduce additional improvements to this part of the game, such as the ability to determine maximum time that players have to complete their turn.

Our universe, of course, will be inhabited by different races. It will be up to 20 completely different, exciting races, each with its own unique culture, interface, as well as its own unique military tactics!

Players will meet charismatic humans, blind to the rational arguments - orthodox religious fanatics Skitheli, Bruthas - warriors, beings for whom the progress of science is the greatest value - Zientzielari, and other representatives of typical science fiction races. However, in our game, players will also find races inhabiting the gas giants, collective minuscule insect races or a totally unique race of multi-mile creatures living in space - Hvaluri.

We will try to provide significant innovations in the gameplay without losing the spirit of Master Of Orion2. For example it will be possible for some races with telepathic abilities to calm, or even to tame space monsters. After discovering suitable technologies it will be possible to breed some types of those giant space animals and use them in combat.

Artificial Intelligence will be very challenging, with special emphasis on diplomacy and military alliances. As you gain hegemony in the galaxy it will become more and more difficult to expand, as other powers will team up against you according to the principle of Balance of Powers. On the other hand if you are of medium strength you will receive a proposal to collaborate against the strongest empire. Weaklings will probably perish quickly.

Alliances will offer a wide range of options for cooperation. There will be trade treaties, research treaties and more. It will be possible to designate spheres of influence to avoid future tensions with your ally. You will be able to lend your fleets to your allies for a predetermined period of time. Similarly, your allies will be able to lend fleets to you - you will control them completely during that period. It will even be possible to lend your fleet in exchange for credits, research points or even star systems, so you can use your fleet as mercenaries. Members of a military alliance will coordinate their actions against common enemy – your AI allies will inform you about their planned attacks, suggest targets and time of action for you, and even accept your suggestions in that matter.

Whether your allies comply with the treaties or not will depend on many factors: your stance among the powers of the galaxy, your reputation, allies' character and belligerence. Some races will be xenophobic, unwilling to enter treaties with anyone. Others will be nationalistic and dislike anyone who has control over members of their race. Some will dislike certain forms of government or will frown at you if you try to develop certain types of technology.

Management of your vast empire will be possible through innovative approach unseen in other games of the genre. We will not rely on automatization of processes, which in time reduces gameplay to mere next-turn clicking. Instead, you will be able to discover and develop technologies assisting in management. As your empire grows and science progresses, you will be able to merge colonies of one star system into a supercolony called Dysonian Sphere. After further expansions and scientific developments, it will become possible even for these supercolonies (if they are close to each other) to be merged into clusters managed as one entity. Such clusters will have enormous industrial and scientific potential and will be able to produce spaceships of truly epic design, capable of destroying whole star systems.

"MORE" will also pay special attention to such gaming aspects as mineral extraction, food transportation, raw materials, and people. It will contain leaders of the colonies, ship captains, spy masters, and complex technology trees with a separate department of science, designed for the particular civilization.

We hope that what you have seen thus far demonstrates that even though we are not from a large well-known studio, we have the capability and desire to create a professional, appealing computer game. Our team consists of 12 individuals with a mean age of 28 with advanced degrees in computer sciences and associated software development disciplines. Our team also contains IT and art students. We have talented programmers, great 2D graphic designers, wonderful musicians, which on a daily basis create wonderful content for this game. Our 3D graphic designers cannot wait that instead of creating boring visualization of another housing, they we will be able to create spaceships and other three-dimensional objects.

This project is supervised by a person who has, for many years, run his own business and other enterprises. Our team is composed of close-knit friends. We know that we are capable of developing and delivering on this gaming idea. We have the passion, skill, and fresh, excellent ideas with a clear vision for something bigger! We are determined to succeed, thanks to our exceedingly high motivation. We take this Kickstarter project very seriously, and we want to approach the subject with considerable professionalism.

Each of us is passionate about the universe, 4x games, movies, and science fiction literature. Among us are PC game enthusiasts for such games as Master of Orion, Sins of Solar Empire, Space Empires, Endless Space and Galactic Civilizations. We appreciate movies like Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, StarGate, StarGate Atlantis, Babylon 5, StarWars, and the literature of Stanislaw Lem, David Weber, Frank Herbert, and Isaac Asimov.

For many years, we dreamed about playing a truly great successor to the classic space strategy game. Now, we want to create such a game for every science fiction gaming enthusiast. The idea of ​​creating our game is not due to time, but it is a mature concept which has slowly formed in us for 10 years. It took several years before we discovered that our skills, talents, experience, and creativity can enable us to meet this ambitious challenge.

We started to create this game four months ago. We have managed to create a 200-page dossier describing the game, hundreds of artworks, dozens of 3D models and several animation cells. The project, which we want to develop, is very ambitious. So, in this short presentation, we are not able to show you all of our ideas. However, we want to show you a taste of what we can create for this game and let you decide whether to support us.

More info and our work progress can be seen on our product website http://www.morethegame.com/

The only thing that stands in the way is lack of finances. This is our only limitation. Once we overcome this obstacle, we will have made a polished game. Therefore, we need your financial support. Our planned budget is $50,000, and these funds will allow us to finish this project. Furthermore, we invest in this game, our own money and time.

We want to reward you for your support of our idea at this early stage. In return, we offer you game keys in promotional prices and other bonuses, which can be found on the right. Now for $10 you will receive the product, which will have a standard price of $20. Buying it at this moment, you not only support us and make possible for this game to be created, but you will save your money and receive other bonuses!

Your support will enable us to purchase the necessary commercial software licenses, pay for remaining work schedules, musicians, and programmers. The more we will cross our defined budget, the more we will be able to give you an even more polished product.

MORE will probably be released in the Winter 2013. Do you want an excellent, modern space 4x turn-based strategy game? Do You Want MORE? Together We Can Make It Happen!

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

19. - Top - End - #199
    Banned

Well I was hunting around on Kickstarter for something interesting and found the Genesis Roleplaying system which is pretty much Dominion+D&D-Dice and seems like a basic introduction to Pen and Paper games.

I think it'll at least be something new, but homebrew will be kinda limited without the ability to print cards.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Obsidian Studios just launched theyr Kickstarter. New Isometric party based Fantasy RPG called Eterenity

Legendary game designers Chris Avellone, Tim Cain, Josh Sawyer are behind this project.

Project goal is 1,1M$. Ambitious but with those names behind it this will probably biggest kickstarter in games category yet.

Start throwing money at screen. Currently soon after start people pledge like crazy. speed is around 2k$ per minute wonder how long it wil last at this speed
    Quote Originally Posted by Random movie night quote
    Banana grey is the most awesome color ever!
    STEAM ID

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
    Obsidian Studios just launched theyr Kickstarter. New Isometric party based Fantasy RPG called Eterenity

Legendary game designers Chris Avellone, Tim Cain, Josh Sawyer are behind this project.

Project goal is 1,1M$. Ambitious but with those names behind it this will probably biggest kickstarter in games category yet.

Start throwing money at screen. Currently soon after start people pledge like crazy. speed is around 2k$ per minute wonder how long it wil last at this speed
    Surprised their early bird special isn't gone yet. Guess $5 off isn't that special?

Edit: oh, it is limited to 25000, not 10 or 100 like most early specials. That is half of their funding right there when it sells out. Which it might not for a while.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-09-14 at 03:25 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    Surprised their early bird special isn't gone yet. Guess $5 off isn't that special?

Edit: oh, it is limited to 25000, not 10 or 100 like most early specials. That is half of their funding right there when it sells out. Which it might not for a while.
    Yeah 25000 is not as limited and on top of that alot of people went straight for higher tiers and many more considering upping pledges in comments think most of limited tier will full in week but there will be few left each day for patient latecommers.

*edit * 9k+ backers and 400k pledged after 4 hours at this speed this only 7h till the project is funded.
    Last edited by Sprinter; 2012-09-14 at 04:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random movie night quote
    Banana grey is the most awesome color ever!
    STEAM ID

23. - Top - End - #203
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wow. Same weekend that GOG put up all their old D&D games on sale, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post

They went up by like 3k while I was watching the trailer. **** is crazy.

There's very little actual information there, though. That they're going for Infinity game style combat is big, and that alone is almost enough to make me back it, but beyond that what they tell you about the game and setting is very basic and could have been said about any game with swords and magic and recruitable NPCs - and there are lots of those around.

I mean, it's nice to be reminded of all the games they did in the past, but besides the tactical combat blurb, all I took away from this was that "souls are...a thing".

Gonna wait for some more stuff of actual substance before giving them my money. I'm pretty sure I'll end up doing that, though.
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2012-09-15 at 09:54 AM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

And Eternity is funded.

Yeah, for what works out to be only a bit more than a tenner I'll take a copy of that when it's done, thank you very much.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Monsters! - A 2D Shooter for Win/Mac/Linux

A small kickstarter for a small game, one that looks rather well, at least to me personally. It's still got a whole month to go, but it seems to be a little lacking when it comes to support. For ten dollars you get a digital download of a game and I believe it's not that much, since as said, it looks a fairly decent game and has that good old nostalgia feeling. Anything more is a bonus, that also nets you a couple of freebies that are nice to have.

In any case, give it a thought.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I want to know other peoples opinions on this, lots of things right now are getting far, far more than the minimum, I saw something about a wallet that got 1.5X what it needed, do people think this is something that will always happen? Or is it just the relative newness of Kickstarter where people are just throwing piles of money at it because it's the "cool" thing to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    And Eternity is funded.

Yeah, for what works out to be only a bit more than a tenner I'll take a copy of that when it's done, thank you very much.
    I expected this to do well, partially due to the amount of publicity and also because it had 800,000$ out of 1.1million $ after the first 16 hours. I think it looks good, but very similar to games like Inquisitor and Baldur's Gate.
    Last edited by Hazzardevil; 2012-09-16 at 01:00 PM.
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post
    So, I want to know other peoples opinions on this, lots of things right now are getting far, far more than the minimum, I saw something about a wallet that got 1.5X what it needed, do people think this is something that will always happen?
    It won't always happen and it's not always happening now. There are plenty of Kickstarters that fail to meet their totals--in fact, more than half of them do so, according to Kickstarter's own stats:

http://www.kickstarter.com/help/stats?ref=footer

29. - Top - End - #209
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post
    So, I want to know other peoples opinions on this, lots of things right now are getting far, far more than the minimum, I saw something about a wallet that got 1.5X what it needed, do people think this is something that will always happen? Or is it just the relative newness of Kickstarter where people are just throwing piles of money at it because it's the "cool" thing to do?
    Well, the thing is, when the kickstarter is essentially a pre-order, the amount of money it will end up getting will depend largely on how many people want it, rather than what the actual goal is. The two could be looked at as rather separate things, and if they happen to match up exactly, it's just coincidental.

Now, this doesn't necessarily hold in practice, people are often willing to spend a lot more to support a project they like, or to try to push a project up over the goal, or reach a stretch goal or such. But for projects where you're getting an object, that's going to be a major factor that may be largely independent of what the goal is. (For example: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...g-min?ref=card )
    Last edited by Soralin; 2012-09-16 at 10:19 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

The webcomic Unsounded - which I find to be the best thing since ... well, sunlight ... has a kickstarter to go into print. I find it to be entirely awesome, so I'll warmly recommend it to anyone =)

Link!