New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Kickstarter Thread I: Cash for The Cash God

Quote Originally Posted by Croakamancer View Post
    Well, for a new game, Republique looks interesting, and it's struggling for money. I've been considering putting up a thread for it, it's now on PC 'n stuff.
    I also think it looks interesting. Of course, it also needs to raise $350K in ten days, so I wouldn't bet on it being funded. Still, Kickstarter won't take your money if the project doesn't get funded, so I'll at least pledge what I can.

Also, the guys from Banner Saga plugged this game. That should be a mark in their favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    I also think it looks interesting. Of course, it also needs to raise $350K in ten days, so I wouldn't bet on it being funded. Still, Kickstarter won't take your money if the project doesn't get funded, so I'll at least pledge what I can.

Also, the guys from Banner Saga plugged this game. That should be a mark in their favor.
    I think the decision to not make it for android and only recently decided to port it to PC really hurt them. I don't have an iphone nor do 70%* of people. And I am unsure of PC ports. I've played a lot of buggy terrible PC ports lately.

*99% of statistics online are made up. But I'm sure the iPhone market is not overwhelming.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

I think the decision to not make it for android and only recently decided to port it to PC really hurt them. I don't have an iphone nor do 70%* of people. And I am unsure of PC ports. I've played a lot of buggy terrible PC ports lately.

*99% of statistics online are made up. But I'm sure the iPhone market is not overwhelming.

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    The smartphone market is pretty big. The smartphone market for a game of that caliber, however, is nonexistent. That's the whole point of the campaign: They're trying to see if anyone's even interested in the possibility.
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

The smartphone market is pretty big. The smartphone market for a game of that caliber, however, is nonexistent. That's the whole point of the campaign: They're trying to see if anyone's even interested in the possibility.
    The difference between the Iphone market and the smartphone market is vast. So what they are likely seeing is that a game of that caliber doesn't have a market for the iphone users who also use kickstarter.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Nekro is about to close at 150% They added:
    a charcter called total biscuit, kill him to steal his hat
    a kickstarter exclusive pet pig that poops evil
    Coop
    Character customization: outfits, genders etc
    Community selected armor,

and soon a very secret pig level
    (pig level, pet pig, special armor i guess they are working for blizzard.)

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

smile Re: Kickstarter Thread I: Cash for The Cash God

I'm about to donate $25 to the Yogventures.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

A Kickstarter for Rappan Athuk has started. The kick starter page is this:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...s/rappan-athuk

Supported for both Pathfunder and Swords and Wizardy. The project already reached its first bonus goal today. It only has 58 days left to go.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

BardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rannald View Post
    A Kickstarter for Rappan Athuk has started. The kick starter page is this:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...s/rappan-athuk

Supported for both Pathfunder and Swords and Wizardy. The project already reached its first bonus goal today. It only has 58 days left to go.
    What, exactly, are the authors going to do with 60.000$?
    What, exactly, will an extra 10.000$ allow them to write in a dungeon module?

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I haven't funded Yogscast myself (as soon as the blurb said the game was going to be multiplayer focused I knew it wasn't for me), but what makes you think they (and, perhaps more importantly, the game developer) haven't put any hard work or dedication into their project? In fact, the stuff they've shown indicates they've got quite a chunk of the game engine actually working, which is a lot more than you can say for Double Fine, Shadowrun Returns, or many of the other games on Kickstarter!
    It looks like a really bad minecraft clone, the developers are seemingly just a couple of dudes who know C, and the entire thing just reeks of a cash grab.
    Besides that, the idea of using kickstarter as some kind of preorder service also rubs me the wrong way a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Y'know, if i didn't knew any better i'd say you don't like the yogscast. Just a unfounded impression though.
    Why ever would you think that?
    Silly Domochevsky!
    Last edited by Opperhapsen; 2012-05-05 at 06:09 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Halfling in the Playground

Some new kickstarter projects:

A couple new old developer projects:

SpaceVenture - Two Guys from Andromeda
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...s-of-space-que
    Adventure game being made by the people who did the original Space Quest series of games.

Carmageddon: Reincarnation
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-reincarnation
    Driving/Destruction from the original creators of Carmageddon.

A couple of new new developer projects that look interesting:

Legends of Eisenwald
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...s-of-eisenwald
    RPG/strategy, Gameplay looks like it has similarities to King's Bounty, or Disciples.

Drifter:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...e-trading-game
    Space trading sandbox game, intended to be along the lines of Elite/Privateer

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I think Kinetic void is one worthy candidate for that make your own spaceships thing alone, I fear that I will lose unaccountable hours alone trying to build different space ships. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...d?ref=category

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soralin View Post
    SpaceVenture - Two Guys from Andromeda
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...s-of-space-que
    Adventure game being made by the people who did the original Space Quest series of games.
    Featuring voice actors like:

Robert Clotworthy – Jim Raynor from StarCraft 1 & 2, Senator Evran & Supreme Chancellor from Star Wars: The Old Republic, and Narrator of The History Channel’s Ancient Aliens series, Big Bang Theory, etc.

Ellen McLain - GLaDOS from Portal 1 & 2, Overwatch from Half-Life 2, Administrator from Team Fortress 2, Witch from Left for Dead 2 and many more.

Reason enough to pledge.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground

Xenonauts just went live with their kickstarter.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    I believe you can also download the current demo build of the game from their kickstarter page to see what it's like. I figured that's worth mentioning here.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Another interesting Kickstarter

Skyjacker

SKYJACKER is a 1st person free-roaming space combat game with incredibly high dynamics and freedom of the gameplay, which you‘ve never seen in any other space combat game before!

Link to game demo is in Update #1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random movie night quote
    Banana grey is the most awesome color ever!
    STEAM ID

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Interesting that the last three games in a row offer their demo. Shows a great sign of professionalism than some other kickstarter projects

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    Featuring voice actors like:

Robert Clotworthy – Jim Raynor from StarCraft 1 & 2, Senator Evran & Supreme Chancellor from Star Wars: The Old Republic, and Narrator of The History Channel’s Ancient Aliens series, Big Bang Theory, etc.

Ellen McLain - GLaDOS from Portal 1 & 2, Overwatch from Half-Life 2, Administrator from Team Fortress 2, Witch from Left for Dead 2 and many more.

Reason enough to pledge.
    The last few Space Quests weren't too hot but 4 and earlier were incredible....

18. - Top - End - #48

Pinkerton Road's Moebius (the one by Jane Jensen) has met its goal. They've posted new stretch goals in one of the updates (note that the stretch goals apply to Moebius; it was previously implied that money raised beyond the goal would be used to fund an additional game, but they've apparently secured another source of funding for that).

19. - Top - End - #49
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    Nice :) I had seen it before, but didn't know that they had a kickstarter planned.

Ok, and this is just silly: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...k?ref=category :)

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Whoops, didn't realize we had a Kickstarter Thread going, I just posted about Off Your Rocker (It could use a hand)

Off Your Rocker Kickstarter

Giant IP Thread - LINK

My bad, won't let that happen again.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

Quick heads up. Tonight is the last night for the Ogre kickstarter from Steve Jackson Games.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...rts-fans-unite
    Conquest 2 - The Vyrium Uprising is the sequel to the critically acclaimed real time strategy game Conquest: Frontier Wars. You build and command a vast armada of ships, factories and research facilities to become the dominant force in the universe.

23. - Top - End - #53

Republique got funded. I totally wasn't expecting that.
    Last edited by Mewtarthio; 2012-05-11 at 02:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

I'm the kind of person who blows piles of money on projects, and for whom a high end game on a smartphone sounds awesome. That said, as the kind of person who is interested in putting awesome software on a phone....I own a droid. It was between them and windows seven...iphone was not a serious consideration because I don't want to buy a mac to dev on.

I'm sure I'm not alone. Everyone in my shop has non-iphones for the same reason.

Steve Jackson Games can suck it, so far as I'm concerned. They are an established business, and can produce games without this sort of funding. They're just using it for advertising/sales. I'd rather see less established folks getting a start.

I feel somewhat similarly about the pathfinder module.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

I'd like to remind everyone about Off Your Rocker it's a fun party game that everyone can enjoy.

It also needs about 4k to hit the funding mark, and I'd really like to see this new game company do well.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

BardGirl

Republique got funded. I totally wasn't expecting that.
    Good for them, that thing looked really clever.

27. - Top - End - #57

OldWizardGuy

To be fair, Tynd, Frog God Games is a 3rd party publisher, and not a very big one. Palladium is still bigger, and we all know THEY'd need a kickstarter to get back in the game.

...I'd buy the modual if I had the cash. Really, I want to win some kind of lottery and gnab all the "Our team will pay you a house call" rewards. All of them. At the same time. I'd have my own convention. It'd be awesome.

One can dream...

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

I really don't want to sound like a broken record, but Off Your Rocker really needs some help to hit it's goal of 10k, it needs 4k in about 8 days, which could be possible but it needs some more traffic.

Please head on over and check it out.

Off Your Rocker

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

pretty awesome that after I post here, the count goes up on the kickstarter.

The Project still needs a final push! come on guys!
    Last edited by kkortekaas; 2012-05-15 at 07:07 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

bump as I think it needs it.