New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Default Unforgotten Quest! (From the creator of Unforgotten Realms)

Hello playground!

I don't post very often, because a lot of the time I feel that I have no reason to. But, I am here to spread word of the kickstarter for Unforgotten Quest, Robert Moran's newest project. I am assuming that many of you, like me, have enjoyed his cartoon Unforgotten Realms in the past. Well, now is your chance to support a game with the same style of humor! Unforgotten Quest is a 4-man online roleplaying game set in the world of Unforgotten Realms. I highly reccomend taking a look at this kickstarter, because I assume many of you have the same sense of humor that I do and want this game to be created.

Thanks,
    Flob
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Kickstarter Thread I: Cash for The Cash God

Holy ****. Keep Elite and all your other old remakes, a *REAL* legend is coming back:

If this doesn't get enough funding I will actually cry.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

I will support it.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    If this doesn't get enough funding I will actually cry.
    I remember playing Dizzy as child on Commodore. Good times but ... i dont know why they ask over 500000$ for a platformer. Think they ask more then the cost of development of the original Dizzy series combined and there were like 10-12 Dizzy games 20 years ago. The series were popular on all 8-bit computers back then but i dont think so many people still remember them now. Sorry i dont think they get enough pledges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random movie night quote
    Banana grey is the most awesome color ever!
    STEAM ID

5. - Top - End - #275
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
    Think they ask more then the cost of development of the original Dizzy series combined and there were like 10-12 Dizzy games 20 years ago.
    It doesn't take much to produce a game for a machine with 48k of RAM and 256x192 graphics--heck, you can draw out the sprites on graph paper, and you can't use 1,137 animation frames for each movement because you don't have space for them! Modern gamer tastes are such that a game looking like that simply wouldn't draw any pledges at all, so they have to budget it at a level which will allow for modern standards of graphics to be used, they have no real choice there.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Ladies and gentlemen: FATE Core is going to go live soon. This isn't actually the KS link, it's a draft, but you should check it out.

Basically, this is big. And awesome. It's the best version of FATE to date, incorporating all sorts of things (especially from the Dresden Files RPG). And you get access to the beta by pledging $1.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    It doesn't take much to produce a game for a machine with 48k of RAM and 256x192 graphics--heck, you can draw out the sprites on graph paper, and you can't use 1,137 animation frames for each movement because you don't have space for them! Modern gamer tastes are such that a game looking like that simply wouldn't draw any pledges at all, so they have to budget it at a level which will allow for modern standards of graphics to be used, they have no real choice there.

You are correct about first part but i think they would have much higher chance getting funded with just slightly updated graphics while having same low budget.

There are several reasons for it :

Platformers as genre never really died unlike CRPGs,Adventure and Space Sim games. sure they are not in a spotlight since Spyro and Crash Bandicot but there are still new platformers especialy on Smartphones and Handheld consoles.

There are less people starved for new platformers which is important part behind success of DFA,WL2,PE or Star Citizen.
    On the other side most RTS or MMO genre projects fail on Kickstarter. unless they show some new concepts or ideas they simply fail.

Compared to some other platformer Kickstarters till now Dizzy showed less while asking for much more then these succesfull projects. Project Giana was already in late stage of development with much more to show got only 180k$.
    Mercenary Kings had also more and better artwork to show raised only above 100k$.

And lastly keep in mind most of people who already pledged played Dizzy 20 years ago.
    Last edited by Sprinter; 2012-11-27 at 05:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random movie night quote
    Banana grey is the most awesome color ever!
    STEAM ID

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen: FATE Core is going to go live soon. This isn't actually the KS link, it's a draft, but you should check it out.

Basically, this is big. And awesome. It's the best version of FATE to date, incorporating all sorts of things (especially from the Dresden Files RPG). And you get access to the beta by pledging $1.
    .... all I really noticed was he dyed his hair to match his eye color.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyway I read this comic called Super Paper mario: EverClear Night

And the author wants to create a pretty cool looking board-game about treasure hunting with funky art and I want to bring more exposure to him.

I really like the sound of the mechanics.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Acromos View Post
    .... all I really noticed was he dyed his hair to match his eye color.
    They've been going on about FATE Core for some time...here's one post detailing some of the evolution of the system. Basically, it's the next edition of FATE, and (finally) it won't be tied to a specific genre like Spirit of the Century was. Some of the streamlined stuff is already at the main faterpg.com website, under "Resources".

So, basically, it's a much-improved edition of FATE, finally in its own core book, along with several settings. (They might also toss in some Strange FATE stuff, who knows?)
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Unforgotten Quest

Unforgotten Quest is a 1 to 4 player Co-op RPG. We took everything you love about big roleplaying games and are turning it into an amazing experience for you and your friends to play in. Big classes, engaging game play, something called an "End Game" that seems it be a myth in most modern RPG/MMOs of today, all behind a large, hilarious world that makes the entire experience feel like one long Unforgotten Realms episode, where the player controls everything.

Unforgotten Realms, if you don't know what it is, is a D&D-based webshow that can be found at http://www.urealms.com.

Donate to the kickstarter for Unforgotten Quest, as well as finding out more about it, here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...orgotten-quest

NOTE: I do not own any of this, I just really want to see this succeed.
    Last edited by Tolvan; 2012-11-28 at 02:00 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282

Default Re: Unforgotten Quest

You do realize that a) there's already a thread, and b) both of these threads belong in the Kickstarter thread which already has a post about the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

13. - Top - End - #283
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Unforgotten Quest

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    You do realize that a) there's already a thread, and b) both of these threads belong in the Kickstarter thread which already has a post about the game?
    I didn't actually see that until now, no.

14. - Top - End - #284

That's what the search is for.

In other news, not only did Sui Generis get funded, but it got funded partially by Stephen Fry. That makes it twice as awesome.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    That's what the search is for.

In other news, not only did Sui Generis get funded, but it got funded partially by Stephen Fry. That makes it twice as awesome.
    Search doesn't work.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Bugbear in the Playground

Not quite game related but really worth a look.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...tring-volume-2

I've been reading a fair bit of his stuff for the past few years and it really is a joy to read. Great colouring. Great story. Great art.
    Steampunk Urchin Lea by Akrim.elf
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Spider girl, spider girl,
    Leaves your head in a whirl
    She can swing from a web
    And then she will bite your leg
    Watch out, it's Lea The Spider Girl

17. - Top - End - #287
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Hey guys,

I have been a long time pathfinder/d&d player, who worked on games as a hobby.
    Well, i have made the transition from hobby development to full time, i am now a Full time independent developer.
    I have two fun mobile games awaiting release, and starting on my third, a much larger, more fun project.

What it is:

A isometric tactical RPG, with some multiplayer elements, using a variation of existing tabletop mechanics(while keeping very true to them)
    I have a video on the campaign page which has more details

CAMPAIGN LINK HERE

If anyone has any questions/comments/ideas, post them here and ill get back to you about them.
    If you can't afford contributing, and still want to help, please share this link with others you might know who like tactical RPGs.

Thanks,
    Fued
    Last edited by Fued; 2012-12-02 at 06:12 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A new screenshot! using artwork courtesy of Redshrike from Open game art

Check out details about the campaign HERE

Last edited by Fued; 2012-12-02 at 11:07 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Pretty sure nobody else has posted this, but there's a Kickstarter for a game based on the Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG system. It's a system I'm pretty fond of, albeit one that has a few problems with getting translated properly. I'd really like to see this get made.

Anima - Gate of Memories
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-12-05 at 02:49 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

20. - Top - End - #290
    Orc in the Playground

BardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Acromos View Post
    Peter Molyneux and his team have, in 20 years, produced three great games: Populous, Dungeon Keeper and Syndicate. They have produced a range of others going from acceptable to utter junk.

Now, frankly, I think Peter is doing the exact right thing by going back to the wellspring of inspiration. I just really wish he'd come up with a new game, rather than a remake of an old one.

I really want a new populous. I really, really want a new Populous, and a new Dungeon Keeper. But I'd rather someone else make it.
    Black & White was also pretty amazing, and the first fable was stuffed with so many good ideas it was coming apart at the seams.
    (Also Dungeon keeper 2 > Dungeon keeper 1)

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

Foudn this cool looking project;

Kaiju Combat: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...onlin?ref=live

Looks awesome, from the makers of some great monster games.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

22. - Top - End - #292
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm really, really surprised there has been NO mention of Pathfinder Online in this Kickstarter Thread.

In any case, they ran a previous Kickstarter for their Technology Demo. They are currently running a new Kickstarter to expedite the release date of the actual game. The game is already funded, but this Kickstarter is intended to advance the game release by ~1+ year.

When backing, in addition to getting rewards pertinent to the MMO, sandbox game that Goblinworks (a sister company of Paizo) is proposing you also (depending on pledge level) will gain access to Pathfinder Tabletop PDF's, Pathfinder Mini's, and for $100 A Pathfinder Hardcover book, several Flip-Mats, a Pathfinder Tales novel and more if the Kickstarter is successful.

The Hardcover Book, intended to be a SuperDungeon already has levels planned by Richard L. Baker, F. Wesley Schneider, Wolfgang Baur, and James L. Sutter, and recently Lisa Stevens. It is currently at $250,000 our of $1,000,000. Every $100,000 over $250,000 adds a new level, with up to 12 levels at 1 Million.

Additionally, additional miniatures will be added every $100,000, starting with the second mini at $350,000.

This is a great opportunity not only to get in early for what is sounding like it will be a great MMO, but also to get some really nice tabletop gear from Paizo!!!

Paizo Blog about the Tabletop rewards

Pathfinder Online KS Project

Last edited by Dakcenturi; 2012-12-06 at 09:51 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dakcenturi View Post
    I'm really, really surprised there has been NO mention of Pathfinder Online in this Kickstarter Thread.
    I'm not. The rewards are terrible. For an MMO to have most of it's rewards in things other than stuff promoting the MMO, or things in the MMO, tells of a lack of faith. Combined with the lackluster subscription rewards (100 bucks buys three months? 1000, a chance to help shape the game, doesn't come with lifetime play?), it's doing a terrible job of actually trying to convince people to move up tiers and give them more money.

Besides, it's essentially either trying to ape WoW, and will fail, or trying to ape DDO (which itself was aping Wow) and fail. Unless it manages to do something insane and actually be better than both, which considering the head start isn't something you'd want to hold you're breath for, I see no compelling reason for anyone not insanely invested in Pathfinder to support this.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Pixie in the Playground

The value, I agree, is debatable. If you see getting in on the ground floor and helping to build the community (the most important part of a sandbox MMO IMHO) as something worthwhile, the value is much higher than if you simply want to play an another MMO.

Aside from it being Pathfinder though they are proposing a lot of great mechanics that look back to the good ol' days of SWG, which again IMHO was a great game.

All that aside, the physical rewards themselves are of a pretty great value. Here is a pretty well detailed explanation of the KS physical rewards value compared to buying them at current Paizo prices.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Hi fellow players,

If there's anyone interested in board game, there is a campaign started not long ago with beautiful minis and potential gameplay.
    It has exceed it's goal within one hour and probably fastest miniature game to be funded in KS.

The project:

A cooperative board game set in a nightmare-horror world. Fight for your life, scavenge, craft, and band together to survive.

*Note: I'm a backer, not creator of the project

Kingdom Death - Monster KS Homepage

Last edited by rpgplayer88; 2012-12-08 at 05:34 AM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Dice Rings - 'nuff said.

Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.
    Don't touch me I'm royalty.

27. - Top - End - #297

Wow, those rings look cool, but I doubt I would ever actually wear one, so for $25 it becomes a bit too expensive. The kickstarter's smashed its initial goal to pieces though, so the world will already get slightly awesomer without my help.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

28. - Top - End - #298
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Did somebody say Dungeon Keeper?

Behold:
    War for the Overworld!

Check out the new demo video (or the new demo, for that matter! I didn't try it yet, but if the video is anything to go by, it's marvellous).

Spiritual successor, endorsed by various original Bullfrog people and despite some renamings all the important bits are there. Dungeon Heart? Check. Evil veiny hand to control and build things with? Check. The Blood Imps even do their awesome little dance!

I pledged. They're only halfway to their goal of 150.000 GBP with 15 days to go and I'm even considering upping mine if it looks close.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Holy fudge, that looks amazing. And, it's got a demo up, which means that my rule of "Invest only when I can see that the product exists" is totally cool with this one.

I'm downloading the demo now. If it's good, I'm going to back it. Because Dungeon Keeper 2 and Evil Genius are some of my favorite games of all time, and there's no way I'm letting a spiritual sequel pass me by.

Edit: Played the demo, and they weren't kidding when they said it was an early build. There's very, very little content here yet, to the point that it's pretty much just a tech demo. Still, they seem to have a lot of their art assets in place, if not necessarily animated, and the basic gameplay elements seem to be there. I'm going to give it my tentative "There's a pretty good chance that you'll actually get a product if you back this" seal of approval.
    Last edited by DaedalusMkV; 2012-12-19 at 02:47 PM.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I call this Divine Intervention. God, literally, came down from heaven and struck the idea into the minds of the developers. Fiery swords may well have been involved. And possible all in response to my fervent prayers.

*slap!*