New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Kickstarter Thread I: Cash for The Cash God

3 days in and already almost at their goal?

Looks like Double Fine has found their cash cow. I doubt they'll ever have to worry about traditional publishers again.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    I doubt they'll ever have to worry about traditional publishers again.
    I doubt anyone is going to worry about traditional publishers for long. The Internet has made decentralizing that much easier, and it's only starting to kick in (ha, puns).
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

3. - Top - End - #393
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    3 days in and already almost at their goal?

Looks like Double Fine has found their cash cow. I doubt they'll ever have to worry about traditional publishers again.
    Haven't they already burned through all the money for Broken Age, though? They need to get a rather better handle on project management if their whole "Kickstarter for games in future" thing is gonna work...

4. - Top - End - #394
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, just jumped in on this kickstarter today, but looks awesome and I'd love for it to succeed: Draw Your Own Platformer.

Dudes, seriously, you get to draw your own levels on gridpaper like you did in middle and high school, but then they turn into real games

They're about $4000 (of $100k) shy with a week left.

5. - Top - End - #395

Just today I found this MMO (wait don't leave!) based around music and rhythm called Anthymn. Players can create the music of the world, with player made orchestral scores, power ballads, and even war songs to combat the massive beasts that stalk the world.

It just started couple days, but I think it's got a lot of potential. They've got plenty of time (28 days at the moment) to raise their 600k goal.
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #396
    Banned

Sarah's Missing Shadow A children's book.

7. - Top - End - #397

The webcomic Looking For Group recently put up a kickstarter to fund their video game "The Fork of Truth". Looks like it could be a fun little Co-Op RPG, and I've seen worse deals than $20 for something along those lines. *shrugs*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

Raging Heroes finally came out with their "Toughest Girls of the Galaxy" kickstarter.

For those who haven't heard of them, Raging Heroes is a miniatures company that makes decent quality minis, mostly, but not exclusively, female ones in 28mm scale. Their "Toughest Girls of the Galaxy" line is something they've been building up to for a while, featuring three different scifi armies composed almost entirely of female soldiers, each with a different aesthetic.

The Jailbirds are escaped prisoners with a very punkish vibe and a bit of rambo thrown in for good measure.
    The Kurganovas are a heavily-armoured professional army with some russian influences.
    The Iron Empire are also heavily armoured, but cleave more towards a WWII-style german aesthetic with some hints of egyptian influence.

The sculpts they've produced so far indicate that they minis will probably end up being pretty darn close to the concept art, which is great as the concept art is lovely. There's a little bit of fanservice, almost entirely found amongst the Jailbirds, but it's minimal and ignorable.

In particular, it's worth noting for any 40K players that this would be a good place to get some miniatures to represent female Imperial Guardsmen and Techpriests, if you've ever wanted either of those. I know I have.

The most recent unlocks:
    Spoiler
    Show

3D Sculpts:
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Tome; 2013-06-22 at 03:22 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

9. - Top - End - #399
    Halfling in the Playground

Seems the creator of Syndicate Wars is making a spiritual successor with Satellite Reign: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...atellite-reign
    Satellite Reign is a real-time, class-based strategy game. You control a team of four agents, each with distinct and unique abilities, collectively battling for control of a fully simulated, living cyberpunk city.
    This is one big, open, living metropolis. The city isn't just a cool location (although it is pretty cool), it actually functions like a city; the streets are bustling with people by day, and controlled by criminal organisations by night. Power grids actually power the city, information and finances flow from one district to another, and you can use all of these things to your advantage.

The entire game-world is designed around emergent gameplay. Civilians, police and corporate soldiers will all react uniquely to your actions. Power conduits, communication networks and security systems are there for you to hijack, modify or destroy. Learn how the city and its inhabitants operate, then exploit them all to advance your agenda.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

This game, Liege, looks really awesome. Sort of a Final Fantasy Tactics meets Game of Thrones.

If they can pull off what they hope to, sounds like an awesome game and interesting mechanics system. Just $10 to get the game when it's done, or $25 to get the entire trilogy (if parts 2 and 3 get made.)

I'm hoping they get high enough to get to the large-army battle goal.

11. - Top - End - #401

Warmachine: Tactics, a giant robot strategy game for PC/Mac. It's close to being funded, so stretch goals seem pretty likely.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Hello, delicious friends.

Does your heart yearn to prowl the Hadean waters that drip through the murky Neath? Have you considered merchantry in the Screaming Shoals as a viable life decision? Does the prospect of madness, possible cannibalism, and fates worse than death intrigue you?

Or perhaps you're merely interested in an open-world sea-exploring game with interwoven and quirky gothic story and characters intermingled. Think Sid Meier's Pirates! meets Charles Dickens and Tim Burton, with a dash of Lovecraft, all from the same minds behind (and in the same world of) Fallen London.

Sunless Sea awaits
    Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 2013-09-03 at 03:04 PM.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

So there is this visual novel, called Icebound, which seems to be less of a renai or an eroge, and more of a fantasy novel. Since there are so few visual novels on Kickstarter, and since I wish to see as many of them funded as possible to support future projects, I thought I'd link it and maybe you can fund it if you like the concept. I am still on the fence myself, especially since I funded another VN just recently, but still, a link can't hurt.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    So there is this visual novel, called Icebound, which seems to be less of a renai or an eroge, and more of a fantasy novel. Since there are so few visual novels on Kickstarter, and since I wish to see as many of them funded as possible to support future projects, I thought I'd link it and maybe you can fund it if you like the concept. I am still on the fence myself, especially since I funded another VN just recently, but still, a link can't hurt.
    You appear to have neglected to mention the part where LittleKuriboh of Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged fame is voice-acting.

Also, I feel like I should link Edo Superstar, a fighting game specifically built for the touchpad, with a simply awesome visual style inspired by Japanese woodcut art.
    Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 2013-09-03 at 03:43 PM.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

For those who interested Goblin Miniatures a back and needs your support. Awesome 28mm miniatures campaign, best thing on Kickstarter since Bones Miniatures campaign

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Huh, that looks pretty sweet. My *only* caveat is that the "painted" display is clearly a render. However, I'm kind of tempted to jump in at the retailer level.

17. - Top - End - #407

I know there's only two hours left in it, but i just found this kickstarter for really nice-looking, ancient-themed metal gaming coins. I know a few LARPers that would love to have actual coins to throw around in-game. They either use laminated paper with coins printed on them, or cheap plastic ones that don't make a satisfying jingle in their pocket. Or, you know, you could just spread them around on a bed and sleep on them like a dragon.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

Any thoughts on Tabletop Connect?

The alpha seems really solid, pledge a dollar and take it for a test drive. My only real concern is a lack of backers. It might not get funded, but it is a solid virtual tabletop simulator for running any tabletop games. It comes with the standard dice and miniatures, but it also allows gamers to create their own custom dice and custom miniatures. I'm planning on using the Monster for All Seasons miniatures when I run my games on it.

I know of roll20.net, but this is prettier, a one time cost, and you'll always have it. But since it's not on a cloud server system (really, that is what you are playing for for roll20, the servers to run it) all the files need to stay together for running games, and hosting a game may require some hardware and know how to network it.

We'll see if it gets funded. If it does, Backers will get access to the weekly builds as it moves from alpha to beta to release.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2013-09-12 at 12:02 AM.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Pixie in the Playground

Thought some people here might like this one!

Ninja Dice

Ninja Dice is a fast-paced, push-your-luck dice game with a unique mechanic: where the dice land is important!

Each turn in Ninja Dice you'll create a House filled with challenges and use your Ninja skills to beat them. Move Quick! The other Ninjas are also rolling dice to attack you, and each other, because the Ninja with the most treasure wins!

Ninja Dice introduces a mechanic that allows certain dice to modify other dice based on how they land. Dice that have a line on their front edge can modify other dice partially or completely in front of them, like an arc of fire.

Ninja Dice is also different because every time the active player rolls the other players roll against them. If the active player re-rolls, so do the other players. Unlike many dice games Ninja Dice is not a multi-player game of solitaire!
    Last edited by Dakcenturi; 2013-09-13 at 09:09 AM.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

Greetings, people! How would you like to play a tabletop game where your character starts off dead?

Kickstarter - Spooks! The Great Beyond

You play traditional horror creatures (dolls, zombies) in a system about what it's like to live after death.

Real-life historical people are available. Want to recreate the Alamo? Go ahead. Want to talk business with Steve Jobs? Also good. Want to pick the mind of Jesus Christ? Go ahead! And if you want to include someone else? It's your game!

The LAST DAY to contribute is SEPTEMBER 30, 2013!

( LINK: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...d-tabletop-rpg )
    Quote Originally Posted by GPuzzle View Post
    And I do agree that the right answer to the magic/mundane problem is to make everyone badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    If you're of a philosophical bent, the powergamer is a great example of Heidegger's modern technological man, who treats a game's mechanics as a standing reserve of undifferentiated resources that are to be used for his goals.
    My Complete Tome of Battle Maneuver/Stance/Class Overhaul

Arseplomancy = Fanatic Tarrasque!

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm currently invested in Pocket Rumble because I like the "fighting games' top hits" factor. Mechanics that define another game are character gimmicks here.

Unfortunately, it looks like it won't get funded at this point.
    Last edited by Bucky; 2013-09-17 at 11:38 AM.
    The gnomes once had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Have you guys heard of the ongoing Mighty Number 9 and Shantae: Half Genie Hero kickstarters?

...The Shantae one needs a little more love.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Pixie in the Playground

The Shantae kickstarter has been funded. Yay!

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by y2kyle89 View Post
    The Shantae kickstarter has been funded. Yay!
    If only we could get a few stretch goals, eh? Probably not, probably not.

Nice avatar, man.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    If only we could get a few stretch goals, eh? Probably not, probably not.

Nice avatar, man.
    We gotta believe that we can make it and advertise like crazy.

I got this avatar from someone in the kickstarters comment section, don't remember who though.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Guys, guys, guys.

We need to totally fund Destiny Fails Us, because I really want to know more about One-Hit-Wonder-Boy. So if you don't hate cutesy things with a passion to rival the heat of a thousand suns, maybe you can give it a couple of bucks (or a couple thousand, why not).
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ettin in the Playground

Shantae: Half Genie Hero kickstarters?

Is it shallow that I really liked her dancing? (And Goddam does everything both look beautiful and super cute!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Is it shallow that I really liked her dancing? (And Goddam does everything both look beautiful and super cute!)
    Heck no her dancing is goldarn amazing and she is crazy adorbs.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    Guys, guys, guys.

We need to totally fund Destiny Fails Us, because I really want to know more about One-Hit-Wonder-Boy. So if you don't hate cutesy things with a passion to rival the heat of a thousand suns, maybe you can give it a couple of bucks (or a couple thousand, why not).
    ...You know, I watched part of a Persona LP, and the guy decided to name the main character Vincent.

It is official! This game is secretly Persona from the view of one of the friends!

That would be so awesome...

It does look pretty good, plus they have a working prototype. I'll probably back it if I can get past my procrastination.

Edit: ...Okay, I played through the demo. Now I have a hard time believing it won't be Persona.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2013-09-28 at 08:50 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

30. - Top - End - #420
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Have you guys heard of the ongoing Mighty Number 9 and Shantae: Half Genie Hero kickstarters?

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    The dancing is actually a neat game mechanic, being how she uses magic and transforms. At least in the first game, there was even a fun rhythm mini-game for earning money.

Well Mighty No.9 is almost done. I finally backed it, and it looks like it is just shy of gettng and intro stage and boss in the game. They way things are going for it, I won't be surprised to see them make that goal in the next two days and so.

I'm kind of a bit more interested in Shantae, though. I've plated a bit of the original game and loved it, and have recently been playing Adventure Time on DS, by WayForward as well. I'm very much impressed by their work, and am sure that Shantae will be a game that I'll enjoy. Sadly, I don't know if it will get past the first stretch goal, but they do have a PayPal account set up to continue taking donations to put towards goals - a very smart idea, given how they were pretty much overshadowed by Mighty No.9 during the same timeframe! I would definitely like to see those bonus chapters put into concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image