New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Kickstarter Thread I: Cash for The Cash God

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    Is there anywhere these models are pictured then?
    Let me do some digging, I might be able to find them.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Erloas - I think that is an excellent question for the people running the kickstarter, and I think your suggestion of having an undertaker level picture would be very helpful for people who are running stores to use to understand what sort of things they are getting with their investment.

And Cristo, I'm glad you posted this. I was just heading over here to let every one know how good of a deal this is (and looks like an increasingly better and better deal).

If they advertise this at all at Gen Con (and I don't see why they wouldn't) I am sure they will blow through many more of their goals. If I remember from other kick starters I have watched, the pledges exploded in the last 24 hours or so.

So I will be watching this one with very baited breath. Can't wait to see all the loot I'll be pulling!

I am currently concentrating on RL stuffs. If you need me PM me.

3. - Top - End - #153

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Let me do some digging, I might be able to find them.
    Got 'em. Keep in mind that these aren't the actual Bones models, though. The Bones versions have yet to actually see production:

Skeletal Swordsman
    Skeletal Archer
    Orc Swordsman
    Elf Archer
    Evil Human Fighter
    Bathalian
    Female Ranger
    Goblins
    Giant Spider
    Unicorn
    Young Dragon
    Vampire (female)
    Gargoyle

Quote Originally Posted by Thes Hunter View Post
    Erloas - I think that is an excellent question for the people running the kickstarter, and I think your suggestion of having an undertaker level picture would be very helpful for people who are running stores to use to understand what sort of things they are getting with their investment.
    Yeah, at this point I'd go direct to the Reaper folks. We're getting into questions that I'm just not in a position to answer. The best I could do is quote some posts from the Reaper boards (here's one about what counts as a "model" in undertaker) and that may not even help.

The last thing I want is anyone to feel cheated.

And Cristo, I'm glad you posted this. I was just heading over here to let every one know how good of a deal this is (and looks like an increasingly better and better deal).
    Great minds an' all that...
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2012-08-14 at 06:36 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Well I've currently switched over to multiple Vampire levels rather then the Undertaker level.
    Undertaker had 19 models that wasn't originally in Vampire, but Vampire now has 7 of those 19, leaving 12 unique to Undertaker. However Vampire now has 17 (6 marines, 11 chronoscope) models that don't go to Undertaker (by default at least). The 30 original common models the undertaker gets 4 and 3x vampire gets 3 of, but there are now 40 stretch goal models that 3xVampire gets 3 of where as Undertaker only gets 2, with at least 13 more likely to be added to that number (with just the next 2 stretch goals). And pretty much every stretch goal just makes multiple vampires better then Undertaker by more because the original 4x models doesn't change and all the stretch goals are only 2x each model for Undertaker

They did say the Vampire models aren't going to be packaged for sale, but thats not too much of an issue. Also no signs or racks, which are actually worth a fair amount but I can build racks for cheap and signs are easy enough to print. I do like a number of the models we won't have access to, like the minotaur, vampire, spider, and gargoyle for sure, we might just have to order them through normal distributors though if the other bones sell reasonably well.
    Also with so many large creature add-ons, which I think are going to sell better, I might drop down to 2xVampire and get more of the monsters.

I'm really hoping for some other big monsters that aren't dragons. Dragons are cool and all, but there are already 6 with 2 more in the stretch goals already visible.

I'm up to $495 right now but I'm expecting that to change as I go over with my brother what I think might change. Probably get a few more cases as they are good for everyone and they are pretty cheap even for the retail side of things.
    And I'm going to have to take a kickstarter break after this... spent $300 on Ogre recently, $163 on Red Box Games minatures, $55 on Evil Baby Orphanage... at least the OOTS and Wastelands KSs stayed under $100 each and they were earlier.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetary Annihilation:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...generation-rts

It's an rts across multiple planets in a system, with a rather impressive concept video. :)

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    I'm really hoping for some other big monsters that aren't dragons. Dragons are cool and all, but there are already 6 with 2 more in the stretch goals already visible.
    Well, they have just added Spider Centaurs to the stretch.

The Reaper kickstarter is just on fire today. It's up close to $70K in the past 12 hours!

Two new paint sets, new Chronoscope bones, Dark Elves, Spider Centaurs, and now more Fire Giants...and there's still a week left!

7. - Top - End - #157

I finally roped my folks into pledging for the Reaper KS for me. Fortunately the ETA is near enough to my birthday.

Is it just me or does it seem unwise to do so many dragons when to goal is to get a new range established. I mean, with 4 scaled dragons you'd think some sales cannibalism is going to happen once they hit the stores.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Soralin View Post
    Planetary Annihilation:

It's an rts across multiple planets in a system, with a rather impressive concept video. :)
    Seconding this soooo much. It is a spiritual successor to TA and Supcom, has assaults over multiple planets, moons and asteroids and if you build engines on asteroids you can ram them into planets and stuff

It even has the same speaker as TA!
    Last edited by Seonor; 2012-08-18 at 08:33 PM.
    I am looking for fanfiction of the Culture or other books in the same vein. Any Ideas? PM me or post here.

Preparing to overwrite "reality". Done.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

SWEET JEEBUS!!!

Look at that Bones Kickstarter go! I really NEED that ginormous Dracolich. Seriously, who DOESN'T need a ginormous Dracolich? (And with that statement, I'm up to $250. )
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
    Awesomesauce Doctor WhOotS-atar by Ceika!

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Man, the Reaper kickstarter is crazy. I'm definitely grabbing some paints, but the choices on mini's is difficult. On the one hand, I don't want to spend too much money (especially right after Gencon) and I don't know about really needing 180+ minis, on the other, getting the $60 level when vampire is only $40 more feels like a waste.

Where's a first world problems meme image when you need one?
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous how much money I'm sinking into little paintable plastic men, but this reaper kickstarter is pretty addictive. I've kind of tricked the smart part of my brain into looking at it like an investment, since after this I will pretty-much have all the fantasy minis I will ever need, and so won't be tempted to buy any more later.

So basically the smart part of my brain doesn't really know me very well at all.

If it helps the $60 vs $100 decision, they put out an FAQ today which mentions that reaper is going to use a special kickstarter app to track fullfillment, and one of the options available in said app is going to be to waive the "biker Sophie" model from the vampire level, in order to get a $25 credit to spend on other options. So if you were doing the paint set thing for example, you could skip the sophie and get an $18 paint set plus those $7 fish people for free. Granted, a succubus riding a harley is pretty rad, but that still seems like a pretty good deal to me.
    Last edited by Gecks; 2012-08-21 at 08:29 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gecks View Post
    If it helps the $60 vs $100 decision, they put out an FAQ today which mentions that reaper is going to use a special kickstarter app to track fullfillment, and one of the options available in said app is going to be to waive the "biker Sophie" model from the vampire level, in order to get a $25 credit to spend on other options. So if you were doing the paint set thing for example, you could skip the sophie and get an $18 paint set plus those $7 fish people for free. Granted, a succubus riding a harley is pretty rad, but that still seems like a pretty good deal to me.
    Well, that's interesting news, and useful given that I would like the Clockwork dragon mini as well.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    SWEET JEEBUS!!!

Look at that Bones Kickstarter go! I really NEED that ginormous Dracolich. Seriously, who DOESN'T need a ginormous Dracolich? (And with that statement, I'm up to $250. )
    Must...resist...urge...to sig...

Still on the fence about Bones oddly. Awesome, but still...something's holding me back...

Incidentally, here's another gaming kickstarter.

The mother of all gaming kickstarters.

The king of returning products.

A familiar little train ride from Chaosium...

Here.
    Last edited by turkishproverb; 2012-08-22 at 07:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soralin View Post
    Planetary Annihilation:

Looks so awesome... @_@
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Only thing I'm nervous about is that I'm pretty sure that's just a scripted video, and not an actual game/game engine. Or, at least, that's what the video implies to me.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

True, prerenders are a worry. Still, looks promising.

Link for a translation of a japanese RPG.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/diamondsutra/tenra-bansho-zero-an-art-and-culture-rich-rpg-from
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Only thing I'm nervous about is that I'm pretty sure that's just a scripted video, and not an actual game/game engine. Or, at least, that's what the video implies to me.
    My worry comes from that little "Look how much experience we have" collage. Every single game on that list that I've played came with hideous bugs, obviously missing features or clearly unfinished sections. Sure, TA, SupCom and Morrowind post-patching are classics, but we've also got duds like the Iron Man game and Enter the Matrix to balance out the slightly flawed good. Admittedly due to a distinct lack of boxes with an X on them I've never played Monday Night Combat, the studio's only real game, but the fact that it's not an RTS or a PC game is slightly worrisome as well.

In short? I think that anything that comes out of that Kickstarter is going to be hurried badly or absolutely tiny. I mean, they're promising a 10-month dev time for a game that's going to require a heavily customized engine to not suck, on a budget of something like $800,000. I just don't see them delivering on the scope and scale that they're promising. Cool concept, but won't be getting my money until it's finished.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    Admittedly due to a distinct lack of boxes with an X on them I've never played Monday Night Combat, the studio's only real game, but the fact that it's not an RTS or a PC game is slightly worrisome as well.

Monday Night combat and Super Monday Night combat are PC games. Super Monday night combat is polished, balanced and bug free, and is generally considered one of the best f2p 3rd person shooter moba (or arts or whatever) available.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Pixie in the Playground

Just popping in to spread the word about The Gamers: Hands of Fate kickstarter :D

We held a kickstarter for our tabletop rpg about 6 months ago, and thanks to the awesome people of this community - were able to easily hit our goal. So now I'm paying it forward to a kickstarter that's near & dear to my heart.

If you ever watched The Gamers, or The Gamers: Dorkness Rising, you'll be very familiar with the cast & characters. Also, if you happen to like Journeyquest, The Gamers: Hands of Fate is very much up your alley.

There's 2 weeks left in the campaign, but I would LOVE to see this one finish out on top. I had the pleasure of helping them shoot part of the movie at Gen Con, and I must say, they are some of the nicest, and funniest people I've ever worked with :D

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-hands-of-fate

Thanks to everyone!

20. - Top - End - #170

GnomeWizardGuy

The D14 and D18 Kickstarter has a few days left, and they've reached a stretch goal which means they're also making D22s.

If they get an unlikely amount of money in the next few days, they're planning on making D7s. I doubt they'll make this goal, but I like their designs. Hopefully Impact will do an odd numbered dice Kickstarter in the future. I'd love to see a complete matching set of all the dice from D3 up to D20.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    The D14 and D18 Kickstarter has a few days left, and they've reached a stretch goal which means they're also making D22s.

If they get an unlikely amount of money in the next few days, they're planning on making D7s. I doubt they'll make this goal, but I like their designs. Hopefully Impact will do an odd numbered dice Kickstarter in the future. I'd love to see a complete matching set of all the dice from D3 up to D20.
    I actually just removed my order from them.
    I don't need another set of wonky dice, sadly, since I'm already getting dice made from endangered woods and stone from Mt Vesuvius and I need more money for Bones.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

22. - Top - End - #172

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    I actually just removed my order from them.
    I don't need another set of wonky dice, sadly, since I'm already getting dice made from endangered woods and stone from Mt Vesuvius and I need more money for Bones.
    Geez, Bones is nearly at $2 mil? I don't quite get why the internet is falling over themselves for tiny plastic figurines, but I'm hardly one to talk given I'm pledging for a pile of weird dice.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Geez, Bones is nearly at $2 mil? I don't quite get why the internet is falling over themselves for tiny plastic figurines, but I'm hardly one to talk given I'm pledging for a pile of weird dice.
    Really cheap tiny plastic figurines.
    I think now it's less than 50 cents per figurine.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

This. Also, some are definitely not tiny.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I dunno how many ppl are familiar with the work and exploits of the Dead Gentlemen, but they are trying to make a third Gamers movie called Gamers: Hands of Fate.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-hands-of-fate

Its not gonna be easy but any help is welcome. These guys really bring the quality content.

26. - Top - End - #176

GnomeWizardGuy

That sounds like it's about an eighth of the usual price, so it now makes sense. I've got to admit that basic Ghast level looks useful: plenty of game use for kobolds, goblins and rats.

The $100 pledge level looks like it's got out of control. How much stuff is in that?

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

That sounds like it's about an eighth of the usual price, so it now makes sense. I've got to admit that basic Ghast level looks useful: plenty of game use for kobolds, goblins and rats.

The $100 pledge level looks like it's got out of control. How much stuff is in that?
    A bit more than 200 at this point, of various sizes and shapes.
    You can also trade in the collectors Sophie (Succubus on a motorcycle) for an extra $25 in goodies, which is great.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178

A bit more than 200 at this point, of various sizes and shapes.
    You can also trade in the collectors Sophie (Succubus on a motorcycle) for an extra $25 in goodies, which is great.
    I wish they didn't do that. Now I have to decide between a limited edition mini vs. like, 3 dragons. Not an easy choice.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

For all adventure players here Broken Sword Kickstarter

150k pledged on first day .
    Last edited by Sprinter; 2012-08-24 at 06:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random movie night quote
    Banana grey is the most awesome color ever!
    STEAM ID

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Well the Reaper Bones Kickstarter ended about 40 minutes ago as the 3rd highest Kickstarter of all time. Besting Double-Fine's by almost $93k with a total of 3,429,236 and 17744 backers.

The last two updates were very cool, being a giant skeletal dragon and a giant cthulhu.

Between what I wanted for myself and what we are getting for the game shop I'm in for $870 total.

One thing I found rather funny is that the Wikipedia page for Kickstarter was updated with this within about 10 minutes of it ending. I had been checking it earlier to see how we compared to the Double-Fine drive.

And here are all of the models:
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Erloas; 2012-08-25 at 05:58 PM.