Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Pokemon Tabletop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    You all are in the mystical Saffron City. A haze has settled over the town with a light drizzle making being outside miserable. All of you have seen the TV reports of the past few weeks about the chaos occurring in Celadon City.

    Ashes of Missing Children Found Outside City – Pokemon Missing!
    The remains of the two boys that went missing earlier today were found outside the city. DNA has not confirmed, but it is more than likely that it is the two missing boys. Police are expecting a murder; Houndour never incinerate their prey to a point such as this, and each had a single Pokemon missing. More to come as the investigation continues.
    Suspects in Child Murder Case Found Dead
    As you may know from previous broadcasts, four people that were seen in possession were the lead suspects in the stunning child murder as well as the kidnapping of Mr. Loma and the murder of his maid. –pause as pictures of Miles, Damian, Eddie, and Ennis go across the screen- Today their bodies were found in the woods. They appear to have been killed by some large Bug Pokemon, likely a Pincir or Heracross, and the bodies were mangled beyond identification. The only way they were identified was through their Pokegear and Trainer ID. Although they are the lead suspects due to their possession of the Butterfree of one of the dead children, this case may go unsolved unless further evidence can be found.
    Four Game Corner Employees Maimed by a Feral Diglett
    Four members of the Celadon City Game Corner were badly injured in an accident with a feral Diglett. They had gone behind the Game Corner for a smoke when the Diglett came out of the ground and attacked. Two were critically injured, while the other two suffered fairly serious injuries as well. This Diglett appears to still be on the loose. City guards have stated to watch out about where you are traveling until they manage to bring this wild Pokemon in
    .
    Children Found Dead
    Four homeless children living in the streets were found dead earlier this afternoon. Most bore the telltale marks of Poison, likely from a Pokemon. Traces of webbing, likely Spinarak in nature, were found at the scene as well. This is yet another case in the recent throng of child murders in Celadon City. If anyone has any information relating to these deaths, please contact the police.
    Game Corner Employee Comits Suicide
    Sarah Wilson, a popular bartender at the Celadon Game Corner was found dead in her apartment this morning. The suicide note was short, consisting only of a scribbled ’Make it stop, MAKE IT STOP!’ Friends report that in her final days she was growing more and more paranoid and would occasionally shout at empty space to go away. Whether she lost her mind or something far more sinister has yet to be determined.
    You all have been singled out by an organization; Team Rocket to be exact. You all woke up to an anonymous note telling you to meet at Silph Co. at noon. You are to talk to the third secretary from the right at the front office, and use the phrase ‘blast off at the speed of light’ without appearing too conspicuous. It is approximately eight o’clock, so you have some time to travel or do some basic business before you have to report to the meeting.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-04-20 at 11:25 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    hustlertwo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    Paul Ticker enters the stately Silph building, clad in a too-tight Wobbuffet T-shirt that has left several rolls of belly fat exposed, and a stained pair of green shorts. He has a small pack on his pack and a battered trophy in his hand. He picks something out of his belly button, sniffs it, rolls it up, and flicks it away. He leers at the secretary he has been sent to talk to, and sidles over to her, turning on what he considers his boyish charm.

    "Hey there, good-lookin'. I know what you're thinking, and yes, this is a real Junior League champion trophy. And let me tell you, the punch my creatures pack is nothing compared to mine. Whaddya say you come over to my double-wide, we watch some tapes of my old matches and then we blast off at the speed of light together all over my Murphy bed? Don't worry about stains; the mattress has protection. Even if I won't."

    He giggles at his own joke.

    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arena:
    Train, 9-1, Round 58 Champion, Round 79 Champion
    Battle Janitor, 6-0, Round 65 Champion, Round 72 Champion
    Fiorella, 4-0, Round 60 Champion
    Mr. Solus, 6-2, Round 67 Runner-Up, Round 75 Co-Champion

    Campaign Characters:
    Drace Sterling

    Aldhaven's Arena, open to all who love to kill and maim!

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    8 AM
    Gerald looks around from a table in a restaurant, taking in the city. So different from Fuchsia! Though people kept looking at him funny. It was the arm, wasn't it? It was too difficult to put on beneath his shirt and trench coat for a day where he had to go to a meeting, so he put the prosthetic in his tool box and pinned the sleeve up, but once he got thunderstone shards to align within the shoulder socket and worked out the caloric engine to work with his body, he'd be fine with just a glove while out-
    He gets nudged, and looks down at the joltik in his lap. Good old Sparky. Only good thing to come out of Fuchsia. Every day with the little gal made him happy he saved the diminuitive joltik from getting crushed by a motor piston.
    Unknowingly, he took the napkins at his table, and was halfway through folding them into a miniature replica of his planned arm design as he got lost in thoughts about it. Took up the habit a physical therapist told him to get used to using only one hand for everything, to keep his agility, to the point where it may as well be a nervous tic. Now, though, he just pets the joltik who was his sole constant companion for the past two years.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-22 at 01:35 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Esprit15's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Alaska
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    Artemis gets up from a bed at a local motel, seeing the note. "Now how in the hells did someone get into here without one of us noticing?" She looks over to her bedside. Aquilla was fast asleep on a perch for flying types to rest on. "Ah, that's how." She gives a loud whistle and the Rufflet shakes herself awake, giving a brief squawk. She floats the card in front of her while she gets dressed and brushes her teeth and hair. Jeans, T-shirt, glasses, bag with the old egg... et cetera.... Same morning routine. Maybe the dark purple one today. She read the note several times by the time she was ready. Blast off at the speed of light? What the hell kind of code is that? Sounds like the catch phrase of a villain in one of those stupid shows Zach and the others would watch every morning. She scratches Aquilla under the beak before recalling her. "Nothing personal, Aquilla. Pokémon carrying laws are more strict here. This isn't Johto." There is a brief flash of red and Aquilla disappears into the Pokéball. Back to the streets crawling with thought police. She leaves the motel and thanks them for the place to rest for the night. Well she might actually have a job opportunity today. Four hours before she had to be there. Accounting for travel and being timely, she guessed she had about three and a quarter hours before she had to drop what she was doing to make it to the Silph Co. building. Sounds like time for a friendly Pokémon battle, a trip the Center and checking out a few of the sights, including possibly scan a few more Pokémon to study in her downtime. She had already scanned in fifty and the knowledge was proving fairly helpful. She pats her side. Good, she didn't forget the arrow. She goes looking for one of the city workers. Excuse me, would one of you be able to direct me to somewhere where I might be able to find a friendly Pokémon battle? Thank Arceus accents didn't carry through telepathy, just the intent of a message. So much easier to understand her.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-04-19 at 12:19 AM.
    Avatar by Ceika

    Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

    GM of Legends

    Bryan Hume in Rebellion by MesiDoomstalker

    Jehoash Kelvin in Shadows by BluesEclipse

    Solara in Down Under by Group

    Cain Treblinka in Ambitions Eshkigal


    Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zachariah Frerin, the Hot Head
    Damian Voiron, the Screw Up
    Artemis Frerin, the Psychic Bitch
    Atna Elrenne, the Unlucky One
    Luke Mercer, the Smooth Talker
    Sophia Bertram, the Know-It-All

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2nd Worst Town in the UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    Romeo was quickly getting dressed, probably due to the loud banging on the door. From the other side Romeo could make out death threats aimed at him, but was probably glad he couldn't really hear the specifics of what the man wanted to do to him. Romeo was currently engaged in rumaging through his briefcase to find his shirt.

    'Sorry to have to dash off like this ladies, but ... well ... you know.'
    He paused and motioned towards the door.

    The girl still in the bed giggled at this. 'Oh, don't worry, daddy wouldn't kill you.'

    'Really?'


    'Oh yes, he'd pay someone to do it for him.'

    'I'm glad, I wouldn't want to deprive a girl as lovely as yourself from her father. At least if he does kill me, they might not link him to it. Here's hoping anyway.'
    He gave a massive grin. Death threats were par for the course that was Romeo's life. 'Where is that sister of yours?'

    'Here.' Out of the bathroom walked another girl, dressed in a bathrobe. She was holding Romeo's cane, which she tossed to him. 'Thought I ought to wash it, after all the stuff we used it for last night.' Romeo caught it and gave a guilty shrug.

    As he was about to shut his briefcase he noticed a small envelope tucked away inside it that hadn't been there yesterday morning. Someone at the club must have slipped it in there. He took it out and looked at it before grabing his hat from the bedpost.

    Romeo stopped as he climbed out the window, tipping his hat to the lovely sisters. He looks down, glad he had told them to use the younger sisters bedroom (it was on the second floor rather than the third). 'Goodbye ladies, it truly was a pleasure' and he jumped out the window just as a pudgy man barrled through the door.

    'STOP, YOU!'

    Somehow Romeo landed on his feet unharmed, and looked back up at the window to see the father and his two daughters looking down at him. The girls were smiling and waving him away, still half dressed. The man was shouting something general death threats at him.

    Romeo gave a sharp whistle and a little ball of fur came flying over the mans head. Romeo jumped and caught the little Eevee in his arms. 'C'mon Elly, time to go.' With an unknown letter in one hand and his adorable Eevee in the other, Romeo took off running down the road.
    Last edited by IrnBruAddict; 2012-04-19 at 01:02 PM.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    MesiDoomstalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Penthouse Suite
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    A paper note. Slugma mail. How primitive. They could have had some diginity and sent me an e-mail at least. Oh well, I found my chance to apply. How they contact me is there business.

    Ethan takes a sip of his Tropius Tea. Just the perfect amount of MooMoo Milk to accent the sweetness, without dulling it. Ethan loved good tea. He reviewed the note once again, after readjusting his glasses. Silph Co. at noon. He retrieves from his pocket a plam-sized device, which is mostly a view screen. He places the device on the Hearthomian-style cafe's little table and flips it open revealing a small keypad and flips the screen back around. He brings up a map of the city and finds Silph co's building. I have approximiatly four hours till I need to rendevous. Accounting for travel time, I have three-and-one-half hours to myself.

    Ethan leans back, taking another sip of his tea, enjoying the sweet taste once more. He then finishes his Lunatone croissant in a single bite. It wasn't nearly as good as tea, quite subpar. Hardly worth the money. He lifts the cup once more only to find a single sip left of his tea. With a small frown, he downs the last of the tea, mourning the loss of such a delicacy before gathering up his device and leaving the cafe, with no direction in particular.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-04-19 at 07:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games I'm In
    Lorenzo Filard in Shadows Unbound by Blues
    Burler Brand in Orre: The Good, the Bad, and the Stunfisk by Es
    Janan Ruh in Exploring Aatos by CO
    GM of Rebellion Points of Authority and Heralds of a New Dawn

    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    Quote Originally Posted by hustlertwo View Post
    Paul Ticker enters the stately Silph building, clad in a too-tight Wobbuffet T-shirt that has left several rolls of belly fat exposed, and a stained pair of green shorts. He has a small pack on his pack and a battered trophy in his hand. He picks something out of his belly button, sniffs it, rolls it up, and flicks it away. He leers at the secretary he has been sent to talk to, and sidles over to her, turning on what he considers his boyish charm.

    "Hey there, good-lookin'. I know what you're thinking, and yes, this is a real Junior League champion trophy. And let me tell you, the punch my creatures pack is nothing compared to mine. Whaddya say you come over to my double-wide, we watch some tapes of my old matches and then we blast off at the speed of light together all over my Murphy bed? Don't worry about stains; the mattress has protection. Even if I won't."

    He giggles at his own joke.
    The woman looks at you in complete shock for a moment. She's young, attractive, and now angry looking. For a second it looks like she's about to leap out of her seat to strangle you. A second later she is completely composed though and smiling, although it does not quite reach her eyes.

    "Sir," she says, her voice sickeningly sweet, "Although I'm sure the experience would be..... memorable, I'm currently busy. You're appointment isn't for nearly four hours. We could send you up, but the person you will be meeting with isn't even here yet," she says, leering at you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    8 AM
    Gerald looks around from a table in a restaurant, taking in the city. So different from Fuchsia! Though people kept looking at him funny. It was the arm, wasn't it? It was too difficult to put on beneath his shirt and trench coat for a day where he had to go to a meeting, so he put the prosthetic in his tool box and pinned the sleeve up, but once he got thunderstone shards to align within the shoulder socket and worked out the caloric engine to work with his body, he'd be fine with just a glove while out-
    He gets nudged, and looks down at the joltik in his lap. Good old Sparky. Only good thing to come out of Fuchsia. Every day with the little guy made him happy he saved the diminuitive joltik from getting crushed by a motor piston.
    Unknowingly, he took the napkins at his table, and was halfway through folding them into a miniature replica of his planned arm design as he got lost in thoughts about it. Took up the habit a physical therapist told him to get used to using only one hand for everything, to keep his agility, to the point where it may as well be a nervous tic. Now, though, he just pets the joltik who was his sole constant companion for the past two years.
    A waiter comes over, apparently rushed. He stares at your paper folding for an instant before speaking. "Good afternoon sir," he says, putting a menu in front of you. "Could I get you something to drink? A glass of tea perhaps?"

    From your sheet outside you manage to see a man in glasses tucking a note very similair to yours into a pocket.

    Across the street in the park a Pokemon battle is taking place, although you have no idea who the competitors are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Artemis gets up from a bed at a local motel, seeing the note. "Now how in the hells did someone get into here without one of us noticing?" She looks over to her bedside. Aquilla was fast asleep on a perch for flying types to rest on. "Ah, that's how." She gives a loud whistle and the Rufflet shakes herself awake, giving a brief squawk. She floats the card in front of her while she gets dressed and brushes her teeth and hair. Jeans, T-shirt, glasses, bag with the old egg... et cetera.... Same morning routine. Maybe the dark purple one today. She read the note several times by the time she was ready. Blast off at the speed of light? What the hell kind of code is that? Sounds like the catch phrase of a villain in one of those stupid shows Zach and the others would watch every morning. She scratches Aquilla under the beak before recalling her. "Nothing personal, Aquilla. Pokémon carrying laws are more strict here. This isn't Johto." There is a brief flash of red and Aquilla disappears into the Pokéball. Back to the streets crawling with thought police. She leaves the motel and thanks them for the place to rest for the night. Well she might actually have a job opportunity today. Four hours before she had to be there. Accounting for travel and being timely, she guessed she had about three and a quarter hours before she had to drop what she was doing to make it to the Silph Co. building. Sounds like time for a friendly Pokémon battle, a trip the Center and checking out a few of the sights, including possibly scan a few more Pokémon to study in her downtime. She had already scanned in fifty and the knowledge was proving fairly helpful. She pats her side. Good, she didn't forget the arrow. She goes looking for one of the city workers. Excuse me, would one of you be able to direct me to somewhere where I might be able to find a friendly Pokémon battle? Thank Arceus accents didn't carry through telepathy, just the intent of a message. So much easier to understand her.
    You are soon graced with a response to your message. Psychic, huh? Like us? Best place in town to train yourself or your Pokemon is Sabrina's. Big Gym, middle of town, can't miss it," you hear in your mind, but aren't quite able to discern the source.

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    Romeo was quickly getting dressed, probably due to the loud banging on the door. From the other side Romeo could make out death threats aimed at him, but was probably glad he couldn't really hear the specifics of what the man wanted to do to him. Romeo was currently engaged in rumaging through his briefcase to find his shirt.

    'Sorry to have to dash off like this ladies, but ... well ... you know.'
    He paused and motioned towards the door.

    The girl still in the bed giggled at this. 'Oh, don't worry, daddy wouldn't kill you.'

    'Really?'


    'Oh yes, he'd pay someone to do it for him.'

    'I'm glad, I wouldn't want to deprive a girl as lovely as yourself from her father. At least if he does kill me, they might not link him to it. Here's hoping anyway.'
    He gave a massive grin. Death threats were par for the course that was Romeo's life. 'Where is that sister of yours?'

    'Here.' Out of the bathroom walked another girl, dressed in a bathrobe. She was holding Romeo's cane, which she tossed to him. 'Thought I ought to wash it, after all the stuff we used it for last night.' Romeo caught it and gave a guilty shrug.

    As he was about to shut his briefcase he noticed a small envelope tucked away inside it that hadn't been there yesterday morning. Someone at the club must have slipped it in there. He took it out and looked at it before grabing his hat from the bedpost.

    Romeo stopped as he climbed out the window, tipping his hat to the lovely sisters. He looks down, glad he had told them to use the younger sisters bedroom (it was on the second floor rather than the third). 'Goodbye ladies, it truly was a pleasure' and he jumped out the window just as a pudgy man barrled through the door.

    'STOP, YOU!'

    Somehow Romeo landed on his feet unharmed, and looked back up at the window to see the father and his two daughters looking down at him. The girls were smiling and waving him away, still half dressed. The man was shouting something general death threats at him.

    Romeo gave a sharp whistle and a little ball of fur came flying over the mans head. Romeo jumped and caught the little Eevee in his arms. 'C'mon Elly, time to go.' With an unknown letter in one hand and his adorable Eevee in the other, Romeo took off running down the road.
    The death throats, insult to your family, and what he will do to your instrument of pleasure are slowly drowned out as you put more and more distance between yourself and the house. Soon you find yourself in a part of the city you have not visited yet. A large building with big, grecian style pillars stands in front of you, a throng of people going in and out. Before you can stop her, Elly has ran away in a beeline towards a purple Pokemon of similair build to her. Two girls, likely around twenty, ooh and aww as the two feline Pokemon sniff each other, getting aquainted. The two girls seem to have not yet noticed you, but they are attractive. Not as good as the twins, but nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    A paper note. Slugma mail. How primitive. They could have had some diginity and sent me an e-mail at least. Oh well, I found my chance to apply. How they contact me is there business.

    Ethan takes a sip of his Tropius Tea. Just the perfect amount of MooMoo Milk to accent the sweetness, without dulling it. Ethan loved good tea. He reviewed the note once again, after readjusting his glasses. Silph Co. at noon. He retrieves from his pocket a plam-sized device, which is mostly a view screen. He places the device on the Hearthomian-style cafe's little table and flips it open revealing a small keypad and flips the screen back around. He brings up a map of the city and finds Silph co's building. I have approximiatly four hours till I need to rendevous. Accounting for travel time, I have three-and-one-half hours to myself.

    Ethan leans back, taking another sip of his tea, enjoying the sweet taste once more. He then finishes his Lunatone croissant in a single bite. It wasn't nearly as good as tea, quite subpar. Hardly worth the money. He lifts the cup once more only to find a single sip left of his tea. With a small frown, he downs the last of the tea, mourning the loss of such a delicacy before gathering up his device and leaving the cafe, with no direction in particular.
    The waiter thanks you as you leave. As you exit the small cafe, collecting your belongings, you notice a man sitting outside the cafe with the spark of intelligence in his eyes, but only one arm. Somehow, using only one hand, he has created a small origami arm, one that seems to be robotic in nature. How the man did it you can't even begin to imagine, but somehow he has. The waiter is currently taking his order.

    On the other hand, a Pokemon battle is going on in a small park just across the street. It's hard to make out from this distance, but you are able to make out the contestants as a Beedrill and an Ivysaur.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    MesiDoomstalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Penthouse Suite
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    Thats an interesting design. Seems similar to something I had in mind. I should say hello. Ethan readjusts his glasses, the little light there is catching them. He walks over to the one-armed mans table and sits himself without invitation.

    That's an interesting design. An original of yours? Indicating the orgami arm.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games I'm In
    Lorenzo Filard in Shadows Unbound by Blues
    Burler Brand in Orre: The Good, the Bad, and the Stunfisk by Es
    Janan Ruh in Exploring Aatos by CO
    GM of Rebellion Points of Authority and Heralds of a New Dawn

    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Esprit15's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Alaska
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    She feels for the mind that spoke to her. Thank you for the direction. She begins looking around the town for a gym matching the feeling that she received from the Psychic. Hm, other Psychics here. I could come to like this place. Wish it wasn't so close to family. Eh, they don't have to know. She wonders this to herself as she looks for the Gym. Her mind shifts to the egg. How long had she had it now? A month? It should have hatched by now! And yet, it did not begin to reek like a dead egg would have. Aquilla still nuzzles it like a mother when she takes it out. Unusual. She continues to scan the town for a map leading to the gym, as well as any battles between trainers, scanning the combatants if she spotted them.
    Avatar by Ceika

    Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

    GM of Legends

    Bryan Hume in Rebellion by MesiDoomstalker

    Jehoash Kelvin in Shadows by BluesEclipse

    Solara in Down Under by Group

    Cain Treblinka in Ambitions Eshkigal


    Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zachariah Frerin, the Hot Head
    Damian Voiron, the Screw Up
    Artemis Frerin, the Psychic Bitch
    Atna Elrenne, the Unlucky One
    Luke Mercer, the Smooth Talker
    Sophia Bertram, the Know-It-All

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    She feels for the mind that spoke to her. Thank you for the direction. She begins looking around the town for a gym matching the feeling that she received from the Psychic. Hm, other Psychics here. I could come to like this place. Wish it wasn't so close to family. Eh, they don't have to know. She wonders this to herself as she looks for the Gym. Her mind shifts to the egg. How long had she had it now? A month? It should have hatched by now! And yet, it did not begin to reek like a dead egg would have. Aquilla still nuzzles it like a mother when she takes it out. Unusual. She continues to scan the town for a map leading to the gym, as well as any battles between trainers, scanning the combatants if she spotted them.
    You were close to the Gym; in only a few minutes you have found your way to the large building built like some sort of temple. The sheer amount of Psychic energy rolling off the place is enormous; almost enough to make you faint. You finally find something to scan; two girls, probably about your age, have two Pokemon dancing around them that you identify as Eevee and Espeon. A very attractive man is standing off to the side, looking at said Eevee and staring at the two girls as well.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    "Um...yes, I'd take-"
    Then the man he spotted sits down across from him, and asks about the arm. They always ask about the arm, why-wait, what was that on the table?
    "Huh? Oh! Sorry, tend to do that when I got lost in thought."
    Sparky nods slightly under the table, and at the man, small charge building. She spotted the note too, but if this was a cop, thunder wave could buy them the time needed to get out of the area...
    "I actually got a bit sidetracked on my order. What would you two suggest?"
    He smiles slightly. Someone came to him for something that wasn't personal so far, and they may be looking at the same prospects as him. Progress!
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-22 at 01:36 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    MesiDoomstalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Penthouse Suite
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    I'd suggest the Tropius Tea with 3.4 ounces of MooMoo Milk. But avoid the Lunatone Croissant. It's subpar. Ethan picks up the orgami arm and examines it closely, flipping it around gently in his hands. This is really an interesting design. Are you a egineer? Or just a tinkerer? Ethan stares at the man, apperently more intersted in the origami arm than the man himself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games I'm In
    Lorenzo Filard in Shadows Unbound by Blues
    Burler Brand in Orre: The Good, the Bad, and the Stunfisk by Es
    Janan Ruh in Exploring Aatos by CO
    GM of Rebellion Points of Authority and Heralds of a New Dawn

    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Esprit15's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Alaska
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    Artemis goes red from the energy in the Gym, and sweats a bit. Not out of nervousness; it felt like being in a sauna with the amount of energy from the Gym. The last time she felt this much energy was the day she left home and her dad had to stop her mother from flinging her out the door. Bad memories. She decides based on the others that maybe it was only some of the cities that had more strict laws on Pokémon following around, and lets Aquilla back out, who decides to perch herself on Artemis's shoulder. She takes a deep breath and decides to talk to the trainers while her body acclimated to the energy. "Um...ah, hi. I am Artemis. I saw your," she rechecks the Pokédex, "Espeon, and it just caught my attention. How long has it been with you?" STUPID! How can you not even talk to two girls around your age!? No amount of energy can make you that nervous! Now she's sweating from nervousness and the energy. Her eyes briefly glance at the guy. He does look good. At the very least reassuring. She tries to force a smile and tries to get a sense of what he's thinking.

    Aquilla lightly pecks her clearly nervous trainer on the side of the head, then chirps. It helps: Artemis gives an honest smile and chuckles slightly. Aquilla grins as best a Rufflet can, feeling proud that she made her friend feel better.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-04-20 at 12:24 AM.
    Avatar by Ceika

    Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

    GM of Legends

    Bryan Hume in Rebellion by MesiDoomstalker

    Jehoash Kelvin in Shadows by BluesEclipse

    Solara in Down Under by Group

    Cain Treblinka in Ambitions Eshkigal


    Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zachariah Frerin, the Hot Head
    Damian Voiron, the Screw Up
    Artemis Frerin, the Psychic Bitch
    Atna Elrenne, the Unlucky One
    Luke Mercer, the Smooth Talker
    Sophia Bertram, the Know-It-All

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Artemis goes red from the energy in the Gym, and sweats a bit. Not out of nervousness; it felt like being in a sauna with the amount of energy from the Gym. The last time she felt this much energy was the day she left home and her dad had to stop her mother from flinging her out the door. Bad memories. She decides based on the others that maybe it was only some of the cities that had more strict laws on Pokémon following around, and lets Aquilla back out, who decides to perch herself on Artemis's shoulder. She takes a deep breath and decides to talk to the trainers while her body acclimated to the energy. "Um...ah, hi. I am Artemis. I saw your," she rechecks the Pokédex, "Espeon, and it just caught my attention. How long has it been with you?" STUPID! How can you not even talk to two girls around your age!? No amount of energy can make you that nervous! Now she's sweating from nervousness and the energy. Her eyes briefly glance at the guy. He does look good. At the very least reassuring. She tries to force a smile and tries to get a sense of what he's thinking.

    Aquilla lightly pecks her clearly nervous trainer on the side of the head, then chirps, which helps a bit. Aquilla grins as best a Rufflet can.
    The grils turns towards you without a smile. A brief presence flashes over your mind, and suddenly she smiles. One of us, aren't you? you hear in your mind.
    "Jewel has been with me ever since I was a little girl," she says, talking normally. "He's been there for me always. I'm Jessica by the way," she says extending her hand, her amiableness more than making up for your awkwardness. "This is Taylor," she says, gesturing towards her friend.
    "That's a pretty bird," Taylor says, extending her hand towards Aquilla. "I have one like it. If you want to step inside we could have a quick battle," she says.

    The man's thoughts... Well, to say they were in the gutter would be an understatement. Maybe the gutter of a sewer exclusively for Mamoswine would be more accurate. Even that might not be enough.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    "Alright then. I'll take the tropius tea with 3.4 oz moomoo milk to drink, and...the chansey omlette with emboar bacon on the side to eat. And a slice of melon for Sparky?"
    After placing the order, he looks at the man.
    "It's more a work of necessity, though I have plenty of experience with machines. Until I get the funds, though, I'm just a tinkerer."
    He drops his voice to a softer level.
    "Why, give me a car, and I'll get the motor running so good it'll practically blast off at the speed of light."

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Arcran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On a Charizard
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    "Alright then. I'll take the tropius tea with 3.4 oz moomoo milk to drink, and...the chansey omlette with emboar bacon on the side to eat. And a slice of melon for Sparky?"
    After placing the order, he looks at the man.
    "It's more a work of necessity, though I have plenty of experience with machines. Until I get the funds, though, I'm just a tinkerer."
    He drops his voice to a softer level.
    "Why, give me a car, and I'll get the motor running so good it'll practically blast off at the speed of light."
    The man jots down the order and heads back into the restraunt.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM



  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    MesiDoomstalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Penthouse Suite
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    We have about 4 hours before we have to do that now don't we? Ethan picks up on the mans subtle clue without missing a beat. I'll be honest I wasn't expecting to meet another hopefull until I met our recruiter. Pleasant surprise. Ethan smiles a fake smile. So is this indicating the orgami arm the reason they are interested in you?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games I'm In
    Lorenzo Filard in Shadows Unbound by Blues
    Burler Brand in Orre: The Good, the Bad, and the Stunfisk by Es
    Janan Ruh in Exploring Aatos by CO
    GM of Rebellion Points of Authority and Heralds of a New Dawn

    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Esprit15's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Alaska
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    Artemis sends a wave of "HOW DARE YOU EVEN THINK THAT YOU EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN!!!"'s and various other unpleasantries at the guy. Why was that not a surprise? The more Psychics I encounter the more I begin to like this town. She shakes the girl's hand. "Well, does a battle sound good, Aquilla?" Aquilla stretches her wings and gives what was an attempt at an intimidating screech, but ends up coming out more as a hiccup. "Looks like he might just need the practice in general." She follows Jessica and Taylor into the Gym. "By the way, how did you come to get a Rufflet? I always thought they mostly lived in northern Unova."
    Avatar by Ceika

    Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

    GM of Legends

    Bryan Hume in Rebellion by MesiDoomstalker

    Jehoash Kelvin in Shadows by BluesEclipse

    Solara in Down Under by Group

    Cain Treblinka in Ambitions Eshkigal


    Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zachariah Frerin, the Hot Head
    Damian Voiron, the Screw Up
    Artemis Frerin, the Psychic Bitch
    Atna Elrenne, the Unlucky One
    Luke Mercer, the Smooth Talker
    Sophia Bertram, the Know-It-All

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    "Not in particular, I think, though it's likely something to present. This is going to be a...side project."
    He remembers the events around the loss of his arm, and considers how good it's going to feel holding Richard Stradherdt's* heart in his hand and then squeezing. Dear Arceus he looked forward to the day he got revenge...
    He was reaching for the napkins again when Sparky poked him, snapping him out of it before he started making another one of the scene in his head.
    "What about you? Engineering?"

    *Richard Stradherdt: Leader of the Steelix Tails, crazy evil.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-20 at 12:47 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    MesiDoomstalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Penthouse Suite
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    Ethan's lips curl into a cruel imitation of a smile. Something like that. I'm a genius if I do say so my self. But not everyone sees my vision as...genius. Others see it as a bit....unorthodox. He stops as he dips into the revery of his own imagination, temporarily forgetting he is in the middle of a conversation.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games I'm In
    Lorenzo Filard in Shadows Unbound by Blues
    Burler Brand in Orre: The Good, the Bad, and the Stunfisk by Es
    Janan Ruh in Exploring Aatos by CO
    GM of Rebellion Points of Authority and Heralds of a New Dawn

    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    "Is this kind of unorthodox appropriate to talk about in mixed social groups?"
    He puts his hand down for Sparky, and once he hops on lifts him up to his missing right shoulder. He waits several minutes for an answer, before seeing the other man is fully preoccupied.
    "...Hello?"
    He gently pokes Ethan.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-20 at 12:58 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    MesiDoomstalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Penthouse Suite
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    Wha? Did he just poke me? Ethan snaps out of his reverly. My apologies. I get caught up in my work some time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games I'm In
    Lorenzo Filard in Shadows Unbound by Blues
    Burler Brand in Orre: The Good, the Bad, and the Stunfisk by Es
    Janan Ruh in Exploring Aatos by CO
    GM of Rebellion Points of Authority and Heralds of a New Dawn

    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    MesiDoomstalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Penthouse Suite
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    Wha? Did he just poke me? Ethan snaps out of his reverly. My apologies. I get caught up in my work some time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games I'm In
    Lorenzo Filard in Shadows Unbound by Blues
    Burler Brand in Orre: The Good, the Bad, and the Stunfisk by Es
    Janan Ruh in Exploring Aatos by CO
    GM of Rebellion Points of Authority and Heralds of a New Dawn

    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    "Not a problem. I taught Sparky to do that to me when it happens."
    Sparky waves from his shoulder as his hand begins working on another piece of origami as he's not watching, effectively creating the scene in miniature while he's not looking at what he's doing. He hoped he hadn't overstepped his bounds...
    "Um...perhaps after breakfast we should look for more teammates? What pokemon do you have?"

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    MesiDoomstalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Penthouse Suite
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    Just my trusty Phanpy, Ollie. Ethan draws out a pokeball from his belt and releases the tiny elephant on the table. He realized he hadn't fed him yet today. He made a mental note to do so. Ollie lets out a small trumpet at the tiny spider on the man's shoulder. My name is Ethan by the way. Ethan gives a slight finger wave at the Joltik on the man's shoulders. Cute.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games I'm In
    Lorenzo Filard in Shadows Unbound by Blues
    Burler Brand in Orre: The Good, the Bad, and the Stunfisk by Es
    Janan Ruh in Exploring Aatos by CO
    GM of Rebellion Points of Authority and Heralds of a New Dawn

    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    "Gerald."
    He lets Sparky down onto the table near Ollie, to try and make friends. Maybe if they were lucky, this would be a lot easier than previously expected.
    "Never did answer my question about finding more pokemon for our teams before the meeting."

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    MesiDoomstalker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Penthouse Suite
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    I could fill out more team more. Where do you propose we search for new teammates? Ollie sniffs the little spider with his trunk quizically, than smiles and pats the spider on the head gently with his trunk.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games I'm In
    Lorenzo Filard in Shadows Unbound by Blues
    Burler Brand in Orre: The Good, the Bad, and the Stunfisk by Es
    Janan Ruh in Exploring Aatos by CO
    GM of Rebellion Points of Authority and Heralds of a New Dawn

    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    "Well, there are the four gates, though the Western Gate may be more dangerous than normal due to the activities in Celadon."
    He brushes away a table with two people talking at it that he made, and puts a fresh napkin on the table, using silverware to divide it up. He puts a pepper shaker to one that he decides is the western gate.
    "East is Lavender, which likely has ghosts and cubone on it-He puts the salt shaker on this one-North Cerulean, so a more random mix, right?" Here he puts a grape jam packet down. "South is Vermillion, which I'd like to visit some time for the components to make the triple thundersliver engine for my future arm operate at full capacity, but they're kind of expensive. Maybe a higher population of electric types, but otherwise like Cerulean, I'd guess." Sparky wanders over after giving Ollie a pat on the leg to this exit.
    "Of the three that likely have the fewest hunters with guns, Route 8 to Lavender appeals to me most because of higher chances of cubone or litwick."
    He stops and looks, then shakes his head.
    "Or, uh...if we need muscle, we can ask at the fighting gym in town to see where they find most of their fighting types around here."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-20 at 09:28 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2nd Worst Town in the UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    Romeo was looking around, trying to see who shouted at him. After spotting nothing, he looked back and noticed that the two girls and the new one were walking away, and Elly was following them.

    'Wait up, Elly.'


    He rushes after them and picks up his Eevee. She had been rubbing herself against the Espeon. 'Sorry about that. She just loves beautiful pokemon. And I'm the same, I know to appreciate a beautiful trainer. Or three. I'm Romeo Versa, and this little ball of beauty is Elly.'

    Romeo bows to each of the ladies in turn, but bows a little deeper to Jessica and flashes her a quick smile. Meanwhile Elly is still buoncing around the Eevee, trying to get his attention.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Romeo uses Attraction on Jessica
    (1d20+4)[14] vs 1d20 + her WIS or INT mod (lowest one)

    If it works she is infatuated for (1d4+4)[7] hours
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Esprit15's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Alaska
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

    Artemis starts taking deep breaths as she approaches the gym. Her brain felt like it was being hit with a hammer. And now mister guttermind is following them! She briefly considers throwing his Eevee at him, but quickly remembers that that would likely harm the Eevee, not to mention leave a bad impression with Jessica and Taylor. She just follows uncomfortably, rolling her eyes at the attempt to flirt with Jessica.

    How many psychic minds were in here!? What could they all be doing that would create such a wave of energy!? Her breathing gets heavier again. Well at least Guttermind seems to have moved onto normal male thoughts now. Not pleasent, but not...eck. She didn't dare try to pry into the mind of another psychic.

    Aquilla chirps at the new guy as he approaches. When he attempts to woo Jessica, he instantly starts glaring at her. Nobody was taking her trainer from her, especially not some prettyboy. Artemis just pets the Rufflet. Don't worry, Aquilla. That would require him actually to be of interest to me.
    Avatar by Ceika

    Current Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM of Orre

    GM of Legends

    Bryan Hume in Rebellion by MesiDoomstalker

    Jehoash Kelvin in Shadows by BluesEclipse

    Solara in Down Under by Group

    Cain Treblinka in Ambitions Eshkigal


    Old PCs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zachariah Frerin, the Hot Head
    Damian Voiron, the Screw Up
    Artemis Frerin, the Psychic Bitch
    Atna Elrenne, the Unlucky One
    Luke Mercer, the Smooth Talker
    Sophia Bertram, the Know-It-All

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •