New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Rebellion in the Shadows - IC

Here is the in character thread for Rebellion in the Shadows. This space is reserved in case it is needed later. The game begins on the next post.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Rebellion in the Shadows - IC

You are standing in the Ruler's Forum (OOC: the forum located northwest of the inner districts). Two grim looking men, in the livery of Royal Guards, approach a bulletin board to post an announcement that had been issued by royal decree. Others stood by and waited for their turn to post less significant news. As the Royal Guards walked away, a herald announced the news, so those who were illiterate can receive them.

Herald: Last night, a vicious assassin attempted to enter the Royal Palace. Such an act is unforgivable and the entire city will not rest until the assassin has been apprehended. The entire city has been locked down until we have found and executed this assassin.

In less significant news, an announcement has been posted that said, "Gladiatorial matches have been suspended until further notice."

A 10 on a Knowledge local/history/nobility and royalty skill check will provide the following information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The city and kingdom were founded by merchant families. Members of the royal family are descended from merchants, so they hold a certain amount of respect for businessmen of all kinds. Locking down the city will disrupt trade that goes through the city, so this is something they will not do unless the situation is dire.

A 10 on a Knowledge local/nobility and royalty skill check will reveal the following information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A tournament was supposed to start at the arena within a few days. The king is a fan of gladiatorial matches, so he may have requested that the tournament is suspended until the assassin is captured and he no longer needs to hide in the palace.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Masquerade stood in the open, taking his prefered form as the lesser noble Alexander Grey, next to him is Scabbard, currently spelled to look like an urban shifter shaman with Aurora, in cat form, perched on his shoulder. He sighed, some idiot tried to assassinate the King without proper planning, making future attempts more difficult, "Let's go Malek," Masquerade says, causing Scabbard (disguised as Malek) to grunt, going back to the state house, he had a meeting with some of the rebels later and he needed to prepare his report, the likelyhood of getting an assassin into the King's service undetected had just dropped significantly, meaning there would need to be a new plan for immediate results, and a slightly modified long term plan. This was a minor setback though, his plans were very different from the rest of the resistance, they wanted the King dead, Masquerade wanted the King and his advisors dead, esspecially the priest and mage.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Norroar cursed under his breath, "why did that fool try something like that, if he wasn't sure of success? Well now I have my own mess." he got up from his table as he downed the last of his ale, going back to the arena across the street. He went to his private chambers, as he was a sponsor who had his sponsor who had moved to the arena, there were two or three others who had done the same. "Seakas, how have the men been?"

"They could be worse, but it would be wise to try a solution," the slightly older young man said. "Rajah and I will be there should you need anything." with that, the ranger who had been sending the followers to gather the information shifted to his tiger form, armored and all.

Norroar walked into the gadiators' mess hall with his two tigers at his side. He was very impressive to behold despite his slight frame, the men all know what he could do, and those who couldn't heard of how once when his honor was challenged by one of the stronger men, when they squared off for combat, he leaped upon the unsuspecting gladiator and ended his life with a single strike. The men knew to follow him. He hadn't enjoyed doing that, but it had to be done to enforce his cover. Currently his instructions were to keep the peace here as the resistance launched their own investigation. He addressed the men, "Men, as you most likely have heard, fights have been postponed until further notice," at this a pair stopped their bickering in order to listen. "Due to the delay and the need for all of you to be in top shape, I have decided to allow practice bouts. Furthermore there is to be no lethal force in these bouts, he who strikes to kill shall answer to Seakas, Rajah, and myself upon him at once. Is that clear?" A group "Aye, sir," sounded and the bickering pair simply looked at each other with resentment, they'd missed their opportunity. With a smile, Norroar smiled and walked out. He went to the yard to wait for the men to come out.

He loved being in the yard, and watching other men fight in the dust, all hot and sweaty, and sometimes challenged one of them. It was... exciting.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Reginald sighed in exasperation as he saw the notice posted.'This does not bode well' he thought to himself 'if this assassin is not found it could lead to unrest of a level not seen in a generation.' He turns to his assistant Obadiah "I think we have a long days work ahead of us, let us be off."

He then leaves the forum to do his rounds and gether as much information as he can on the assassins identity.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Masquerade
    Spoiler
    Show
    On the way back to his state house, Masquerade gets approached by an old man.

Old man: Would you care to learn about your future, sir?

Masquerade recognizes him as, Thoth, a messenger of the resistance. He is current disguised as a wandering fortune teller who tells fortunes to those who would hear them. Those who know any better will quickly realize that he is a charlatan who does not know what he is talking about. However, there are those who will pay him to tell their fortunes, so his disguise serves its purpose.

Thoth: I see trouble in your future, followed by success and great wealth.

Norroar
    Spoiler
    Show
    The gladiators have yet to cause trouble, since they do not have much pent up aggression yet. However, they do reach an understanding that Norroar is to be taken seriously and they will not cause any problems soon. After his speech, Norroar gets approached by a boy in prison clothes.

Boy: No "lethal force"? No "striking to kill"? I thought we only fight to put on a good show for the audience. Why would anyone fight to kill? Have I been sent here to die?

The boy looks like someone with nimble fingers who had been imprisoned for pickpocketing theft. Criminals who are forced into the arena may end up fighting to the death, but those who voluntarily enter the arena have the option surrendering. They boy is clearly a prisoner, but nonviolent criminals are not sent to the arena. Something seems a little off.

Knowledge local (DC 15)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nonviolent criminals can voluntarily enter the arena. If they win or put on a decent performance, then they can get credit for time served and shorten their prison sentence.

Gather information about the boy(DC 10)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The boy has in fact been imprisoned for theft. He is a repeat offender and has stolen from a particularly wealthy merchant recently. He just wants to go home and he is frightened at the prospect of getting killed in the arena.

Reginald
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reginald is approached by a fellow member of the Royal Guard.

Guard: Looking for the assassin? He is of no concern to us. Find him, and you will find yourself attacked by his accomplices. We think he is either a distraction or an attempt to gauge our defenses. If you insist on chasing him, someone saw him flee towards the hunting grounds to the east of the inner districts. In two hours, there will be a meeting to discuss how we will handle the situation.

7. - Top - End - #7

Masquerade gives the slightest of frowns before getting back in character, switching to a soft smile, "I'd be delighted, wait out here Malek," he says with practiced ease, following his fellow conspirator. Once sure that they're alone, he loosens the act, letting some of his natural personality come through while keeping the act intact, "You needed me for something?"
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Norroar look at the boy, holding his timid eye contact. "Young man, I assure you have my word that you shall not be dead, but pain shall come, I can unfortunately garuntee that. But the men will not be in the arena for some time, so they will have some pent up aggression after a spell, so it is necessary to note that lethal force if only for the arena when the opponent is not allowed to surrender. I assume you're here to work off a fine or what, you don't seem to be the kind to be forced into the arena. It's more a reminder than anything else," he said as Seakas inspected the boy. Norroar was waiting for him to inspect the boy. He expected Seakas to go up to the boy and rub against him if his fear was genuine and he seemed to pose no threat, and bear teeth when he was hiding something. He put his hand not the young man's shoulder, "you are here, so don't expect to go without a bruise in payment for what it was you stole, but me and my men will make sure you are made well, so don't fret too much, young man. There is not much more you should worry about except for putting on a show to get you out of here. By the way what is your name, son?"
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Reginald nods to the man. "Thank you for the heads up, I'll be there momentarily." He says, and then to his manservant "Come Obidiah we must be off." He then at a leasurely pace makes his way to the palace chatting and gossiping with acquaintances and contacts as he goes.
    Last edited by malachite333; 2012-03-07 at 09:31 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Masquerade
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thoth: I am afraid the king's men may know something about us. This lockdown is unnecessary for one assassin. They are using it as an excuse to hunt us down. They may have heard rumors of our leader's arrival. Unfortunately, their timing is off. He is not due to arrive until the annual gathering of merchants two months from now. In the meantime, the king has alienated many merchants by disrupting trade. This might be a good time to find people willing to support us with their coin. However, we must keep a low profile.

After leaving his message, Thoth left.

Norroar
    Spoiler
    Show
    The boy seems fearful, as if he is expecting to be killed at any moment.

Boy: My name is Dagon.

Reginald
    Spoiler
    Show
    Based on the local gossip, Reginald picked up the following information:
    -The king's brother is next in line to the throne, but if the king dies, he will be the first suspect, so he will not act in a rash manner.
    -General Graamros is openly disrespectful to the king, but if he wanted the king dead, he would resort to a coup rather than sending assassins.
    -A successful assassination attempt will allow the throne to pass on to another member of the royal family, but an intentionally failed assassination attempt can leave power in the hands of certain influential advisors. The chancellor keeps to himself, so the high priest will hold power while the king cowardly hides.
    -A eunuch from the eastern kingdom of Lod is currently staying in the capitol on a diplomatic mission. General Lans suspects that Lod is planning an attack.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

All Seakas could tell was that the boy, Dagon, was scared to death. He just looked like a barely more than a child who was scared to death. So he decides to step forward and go up to the boy and move as if to wedge his muzzle underneath Dagon's hand, urging Rajah to do the same.

Norroar notices this saying, "well, Dagon, Seakas and Rajah here seems to have taken a liking to you. They're such sweethearts deep down. Don't be afraid, I'm not going to kill you, and if anyone tries to, they'll answer to me... How is your mother?" he asks, crouching slightly to be at eye level while having his hand on Dagon's neck. Norroar was quite obviously less than half a decade older than the boy, who still seemed at most fourteen. Dagon seemed as though he didn't want to trust, but this was the worst place to show fear.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Norroar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dagon: She's dead along with the rest of my family. They were killed by bandits and no one did anything to help them. The king and his people are worthless. Instead of sending people to the arena to fight to death, they should be sending people out to wipe out the bandits and protect people like us. This country will be better off if the king was dead. If only old man Nate did a better job last night, things can be better now.

Norroar knows that Nate is the man who runs the graveyard and catacombs to the west of the arena. He is a contact person for the resistance and he finds miscellaneous jobs for resistance members to use as covers for their identity. Nate is not a member of the resistance himself. These jobs do not pay anything to resistance members, so he benefits from the arrangement by having free laborers dig graves for him. He takes a hands off attitudes with regards to the resistance's activities. As long as they provide free workers, he does not report anything to the authorities.

A 10 for knowledge local reveals the following information about Nate:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nate does not seem to have any political aspirations. He seems more concerned with the dead than the living. He sometimes wander around the graveyard at night and talks to the graves. Some say he has been seen wandering around in the catacombs mumbling something to the corpses.

It is believed he may be a veteran and he had been traumatized by the death of his comrades in a battle. He speaks to his old friends corpses for old times sake. Others believe he is some kind of necromancer who can speak to the dead, or he might be an undead himself.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

He stood back straight and in the most commanding voice he could muster, "Son, walk with me to my office." He hoped this kept up his reputation as strong. He always believed their has a difference between strong and heartless, but others sometimes couldn't tell, at least between compassion and weakness. He walked off to his private chambers, with Rajah and Seakas on either side of Dagon. They walked in complete silence, and he had Dagon, Seakas, and Rajah enter before him.

Immediately after he closed the door he spoke as to not give Dagon a chance, "first off, your family is killed by bandits, soyou become a thief ad pick-pocket? I'm aware that you don't mug people but what happens when you get caught and have to fight or even kill to stay safe, will you be just like the ones who killed your parents? I know that on average most people here aren't the most welcoming or the most kind, but there are good people here, as I assume your family was, and just because the government sucks, doesn't mean that it reflects the views of the people. Even Paladins of Slaughter, the ruleless b*st*rds, understand that! And secondly, how the hell does Nate have anything to do with the failed assassination of the king? He spends most of his time in the graveyard, and doesn't really give a d*mn for the living." he ended right in front of Dagon.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

14. - Top - End - #14

Masquerade nods before resuming his new identity, which was starting to rub off on him if he were to be honest, he walks outside once more and says with a light smile, "today's going to be a good day." he turns to Scabbard and beckons with a gesture this time, and leads the way back to "his" statehouse. Once inside Scabbard drops the disguise and heads down to the basement workshop he usually spent his time in, Aurora still on his shoulder, he was to start making antitoxins today. Masquerade, however, remains in disguise and heads up to his chambers, where he can rest.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Masquerade
    Spoiler
    Show
    Masquerade's rest was uneventful. The state house was relatively secluded, since Alexander Grey was a private person who kept to himself. As a result of this Masquerade did not hear any disturbances that occurred far away as the rest of the city took in the news of the failed assassination attempt.

Norroar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dagon: I know that he is a former soldier who is still better about getting sent on a suicide mission. He practices necromancy, so he can bring his dead comrades back to life. He also uses the catacombs as a place to organize a revolt. By tunneling outside of the city, he can bring an army in to invade. I am telling you, he is definitely involved in the king's assassination. When I get out of here, I am going to join his rebellion and get those guards for throwing me in prison!

Sometime after his outburst, two prison guards knock on your door.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Their arrival is late enough, so they did not hear Dagon's outburst. Norroar will have time to speak to Dagon for a few minutes before they interrupt.

Prison guard: Excuse us sir, sorry to disturb you. We lost track of a boy who is supposed to participate in an arena match later in the afternoon. The last time we saw him was on the practice grounds. Have you seen him?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Norroar smiles, if only slightly as the boy slates his plans. When he is finished, he says, "was the energy the answer to my first question or did you choose to ignore it? At any rate thank you for confirming some of my suspicions and adding on to them." He approached Dagon and slipped behind him, massaging his shoulders, "but you really should calm down if you want to survive here. Don't show your worry and fear too much, or people will see it, and some brute might be offended and pound you into dust and not in the good way."

He was still trying to relax the boy when the two guards arrived. "One moment," he whispered into Dagon's ear. He walked to the door, and ushered the guards in. Thankfully Seakas had been smart and he and his companion were both nuzzling against the boy, effectively protecting him from the guards should anything go down. "Do come in," he clasped Dagon on the shoulder. "I presume this is the boy you talk about, what is the name of the boy you lost? At any rate, I needed to talk with this boy in private. We were just in themiddle of our... Conversation. Don't worry yourselves. Tell me when his match is and I'll take responsibility for getting him there battle ready. I'll take care of it.
    Last edited by supernerd; 2012-03-11 at 05:20 AM.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

17. - Top - End - #17

Masquerade sighs, it would seem that nothing would happen today, Scabbard wouldn't mind, but Aurora was often restless when things were too quiet. He'd need to work on that... Masquerade rolled out of his bed and walked to the basement to check up on Scabbard, and make sure he didn't kill Aurora for being to noisy.

Spoiler
    Show
    If nothing's going to happen Masquerade will remain in his State House until either a council meeting is called/scheduled or the rebellion gives him a call.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Masquerade
    Spoiler
    Show
    From within the State House, Masquerade would not hear anything. However, servants who leave the house for any errands would be aware of a small riot that occurred outside. General Graamros was walking through the streets and a crowd hurled stones at him and accused him of involvement in the assassination. Graamros brandished his greataxe and dispersed the crowd. A few civilians were killed before High Priest Jamros arrived and calmed down Graamros. Jamros ordered some guards to restrain the general and escort him back to his state house before any other incidents occurred. The High Priest tried to calm the populace by assuring them that the king is alive and well. He will run the kingdom while the king takes a few weeks of rest. An accomplice of the assassin has been captured. Once he has been interrogated and enough information has been obtained to deal with the assassins, the city will reopen and all will return to normal.

Spoiler
    Show
    The resistance operates with multiple cells that are unaware of each other in order to maintain secrecy. There are two contact persons who are known to all resistance cells: Thomas, the owner of Tom's Tavern and Nate the keeper of the necropolis to the west of the arena. If either of these individuals are captured, then the resistance is in danger. If the person who is captured is someone else, then there is no need to be concerned with this "accomplice". It is possible that one of these two individuals have been captured, since the nature of their activities may arouse suspicion, and the city guards are being more alert in response to the assassination attempt.

Norroar
    Spoiler
    Show
    The guards relaxed.

Guard: His name is Dagon and he is scheduled for a match at 2:00. We only need to make sure he does not try to run away before his match. If you have him in your custody, then we can leave him in your hands.

The guards leave to attend to other duties.

Dagon: I steal food to survive. There isn't much that a child can do on his own. If you rig the match, so my opponent lets me win, then I will repay the favor someday.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dagon's match is not part of the upcoming tournament, so no one would really care about it. With your influence, you can easily choose his opponent.

Outside Norroar's office, other arena sponsors were discussing recent news. There was an announcement that an accomplice of the assassin has been captured. They were excited about the prospect of the tournament being able to start on schedule.

Reginald
    Spoiler
    Show
    After gathering information from his connections, Reginald arrives at a meeting that was held by a few members of the Royal Guard. Endel, the second in command of the Royal Guard is running the meeting.

Endel: Hank is currently with the king. Hank and myself will be taking turns watching over the king directly, and his chambers will be surrounded by guards at all times until we catch this assassin. While Hank is with the king, I would like to have us take a more proactive approach in dealing with the situation.

Some of us suspect the assassin works for a group of individuals, whether its a rebellion or foreign powers. We have captured Nate, a gravekeeper, who we suspect is an accomplice of the assassin. We are going to arrange for his execution tomorrow and take advantage of this chance to infiltrate this group. One or two of you will form a party and rescue Nate from his execution. Once he leads you back to his base, you will join his group and report any of their actions to us. We will determine the extent of their threat and use whatever means necessary to wipe them out.

We can only spare a guard or two, since we are increasing the number of guards per shift in order to make sure the king remains safe. Certain nobles and ambassadors may also find it suspicous if too many guards stop showing up, and we don't know if there are any traitors among the nobles. Whoever volunteers will have to form a party of outsiders in order to accomplish this task. Use whatever means necessary to accomplish our goals, and all costs will be reimbursed. Any takers?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

"Well glad that was settled, now as to your opponent... I'm sure I can set something up, so you have nothing to fear. I'm sure that I can find someone to fight you and give up, but you'll have to be convincing. I'll get you a bit of magic, and if you can bring the fight close to me and my entourage, you will get a bit of help. (specifically near to my follower with a persistent bless up and will give him a persistent lesser vigor) I hope you can follow through," he said to Dagon, "by the way, how old are you boy?"

With that he went to his door and opened it, poking his head out of his door, "hey, I'm challenging the accomplice in his match, okay, thanks bye!" With that he closed the door.

"Now where were we? How old are you anyway?" he said addressing Dagon. He had just the opponent in mind. One of his followers that entered as a gladiator with a slightly below average record. Now all he had to do was set it up.

OOC: do I need to stat him out or is it assumed they beat around bait and then my follower (I'm feeling Ignatius) surrender?
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

20. - Top - End - #20

Masquerade sighs, the city would likely be in lockdown for some time, the fact they were doing it at all was rather annoying, and the likelyhood of being caught was slim despite the current situation, however, he would have to do a bit of scouting, without getting caught... he'd need to ask Aurora to take a look around soon, she was the best at scouting because of her cat form, and the fact that it was her natural form to begin with made it even better.

For now, he'd continue to watch Scabbard at work, it was always interesting to watch him mix so many substances to make something entirely different. He'd love to learn the trade, but it was just not his style, he never was good at making things, and alchemy just seemed beyond him. Oh well, that's what Scabbard was here for, besides being a good companion and bodyguard anyway.

Aurora was simply purring away on his lap, despite being in her human form, fast asleep. They grew on him, much faster than he had thought, and they had become some of the few people he could truly relax around, the only two he could be himself around.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Reginald inwardly sighs as hear's Endel's report, he feels that the proposed plan was foolish and that you shouldn't be executing people because you suspected them of something. He waited in silence for few moments and then spoke.

"I have a couple of points I'd to make. Firstly I believe this plan is too dangerous we risk capture or death by the assassin, luckily my years in the watch have taught me how to find people I can track the assassin down to werever he's hiding by tommorow and start survielance shortly afterwords.

Secondly I hope you have evidence to support your suspicions about this Nate before condemning him to death whether it is a mock execution or not. This is after all, a nation of laws."
    Last edited by malachite333; 2012-03-13 at 03:19 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Norroar
    Spoiler
    Show
    One of the other sponsors shouted back: There's no chance of fighting the suspect in the arena. He is potentially involved in a conspiracy to kill the king. They will probably have him executed soon.

Another voice said: Poor Nate. Who would have known that his anti-social tendencies would land him in prison?

Dagon seems excited about the prospect of winning his arena match and getting out of prison. He shows no sign of hearing the conversation between you and the other sponsors.

Dagon: I am thirteen. Once the resistance gains a realistic chance of replacing the government, I will make sure there will be a place for you within the resistance. At any rate, I cannot stay too long, or the others might start suspecting that something is going on. If anyone suspects that we are discussing how to rig my match, then they may set me up against someone else. I will head over to the practicing area until lunch time.

Masquerade
    Spoiler
    Show
    A messenger from the palace arrives at Alexander Grey's state house.

Messenger: Due to recent events, his majesty will not call for a council meeting today. In the King's absence, the High Priest would like to call for a meeting three hours after noon. He would like to discuss how to handle any issues that arise during the lockdown.

Reginald
    Spoiler
    Show
    Endel: You raise a very good point. We have no interest in killing a potentially innocent man. Nate has been involved in suspicious activities, but we have no conclusive evidence of his guilt. We planned on staging a mock execution in order to infiltrate their base. It might be better to stage a jailbreak instead. At any rate, you can follow whatever leads you have in order to find the assassin.

My concern is that whoever hired the assassin will be willing to sacrifice him, so we will run out of leads. Also, the assassin himself does not seem dangerous, since he fled on sight. It seems the only way he managed to get into the palace is through inside connections. Even though the possibility of getting information is slim, I agree that we should not ignore the assassin. He was last seen heading east to the hunting grounds. You should be able to use that as a starting point for tracking.

While you follow the assassin, we will transfer Nate to the southern prison cells for interrogation. We will attempt to gain whatever information we can from him. If following the assassin does not lead to any results, we can stage Nate's jailbreak as our backup plan. If we discover that Nate is innocent, we will release him and find another plan.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

OOC: now I'll be doing a bit in character playing my dumped wisdom.

"Sh*t! Nate's been captured, this is bad! And, kid, I'm already in the resistance. Second I'll let you know that I'm already part of the resistance, so that won't work for repayment. I also have as much time as I need with you, because they'll more than likely assume that I'm having my way with you, I'm not the most difficult to figure out. And if I put you up against someone of my choice they'll assume it has something to do with that. Just don't act like sitting is perfectly comfortable for the rest of the day, and you should be fine. Now come with me, I'll go see what I can find about Nate and ask Tom about a rescue mission," Norroar said while pacing and dragged Dagon by his collar. He half led, half dragged the stumbling boy to the practice grounds bidding the scribe follow. He found one of his followers, Ignatius, and released the boy upon arrival next to him, "Hello sirs, this boy has a match for two o'clock this afternoon, and I believe it would be best against my man, Ignatius. If you could please get that on paper that would be fantastic. This boy has been through a bit of trauma, but now he knows where his place is so there should be no problem setting up this match," he says more to the scribe, and then more to Ignatius, "go easy on him, he's been through quite a bit."

OOC: Norroar would have code phrases with his followers, "go easy on him." means make it convincing, but lose.

IC: After finishing up with the scribe, he went to look into Nate's capture and ask Tom about a potential escape plan.
    Last edited by supernerd; 2012-03-14 at 04:15 PM.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Norroar
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am assuming that "Tom" refers to the tavern owner who is part of the resistance.

Tom: Hush.

Tom glanced around nervously. He wasn't accustomed to discussing any of his activities associated with the resistance during the day. Any dealings took place at night when his patrons were too drunk to remember seeing him with suspicious characters. Fortunately, the tavern was mostly deserted and those present were resistance members, so his caution was unnecessary.

Tom: Nate was called to the palace early in the morning to perform burial rites for someone. Sometime later in the morning, some Royal Guards transferred an unidentified person to the prison cells within the northeastern section of the city. It appears they have summoned him to the palace for the purpose of arresting him. This city has too much open space and not enough ambush points. Freeing him from the guards while they are transporting him for execution is not an option. We'll have to sneak in and free him tonight. However, we will need a distraction. Another option is to make sure he did not reveal any information about the resistance and silencing him while he is in prison before he has the chance to cooperate with the guards.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

OOC: assuming he used a normal voice for the larger spiel, and is just talking normally, but quietly, like at night.

IC: Norroar sighed a bit, "Well in either case Nate won't be very useful. He can't just resume his duties and work as he did before this happened. Well I'm in for whichever operation will be run, so count me in. Either way will produce similar results but the rescue will help us sleep at night. Also, both would need to be at night, so I'll come back around six-ish to find out what's going down, I'll bring Seanad and his companion as well, but they weren't made for stealth, so they'll probably monitormy information lines from my followers." Norroar got up, giving a salute like gesture to Tom over his shoulder as he left, there was just enough time to catch Dagon's match.

He got back to the arena and gave a nod to the boy, calling him and Ignatius over to the side where he was out of earshot of the others. He tried look stern and add in louder but unrelated phrases to mask what he was doing. He passed along the information and ended the conversation with, "And if you pull something like this again, I won't be so nice! Is that clear?"
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Norroar
    Spoiler
    Show
    At Tom's Tavern
    Tom: I am glad you decided save him instead of silencing him. I would like to think that you will not silence me if I find myself in the same situation as Nate. At any rate, it might be difficult for us to discuss things later, since there may be other people around. I will send a general distress signal to other resistance cells. Most won't respond, since they're laying low, but there will be others who will show up to help Nate.

At the arena
    Dagon: Yes, sir! Understood sir!

He also mumbled something about trying to find a way to help Nate once he got out.

When Dagon's fight came up, he did his part to make his victory convincing. The entire arena was not just open terrain. There were trenches, obstacles, and barriers and Dagon used these to his advantage in order to score convincing hits on Ignatius. When his match was over, he was escorted off by some guards and promptly released after some paperwork was completed. As soon as he was released, he took off and disappeared among the crowds.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

As he got up to leave for the arena, Norroar said, "then I'll see who I pick up." With that, he left and as he went through the door gave a small salute to Tom over his shoulder.

After Dagon set off, he had been making arrangements for him to go out to save Nate. He started by calling in his lead followers(the 3rd level ones) Jeeves and Sinvely(butlers FTW). He as they set about their business, he talked about how a certain someone wanted to meet somewhere other than the arena tonight, and he would be out. He and Seakas put on their cloaks and left down the road towards the northeastern prison, Seakas a little worked about leaving Rajah behind, but he knew the tiger got along with the followers.

OOC: Dagon, Norroar, Seakas, and Rajah all have Persistent Lesser Vigors that will wear off at noon-ish. Also, when in humanoid form, Seakas poses as Norroar's semi-casual lover. They aren't though, because that would be weird to write about with other people reading it . But at any rate they are walking and because of their cover, Seakas can act nervous, which he is, and Norroar helps people assume that the nervousness is part of their goings on in the night
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Then we are agreed." Reginald says "I shall take my leave and set about finding this assasin." As he leaves he thinks 'Thank goodenss I managed to moderate their response that plan could have been far too costly, hopefully I'll be able to fix this mess without causing undue unrest.'

He then sets about tracking the assasin.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Norroar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dagon returned with information about Nate's location. Dagon had previously been imprisoned within the same building for previous thieving sessions, so he knew the layout of the place and the shifts that the guards worked on. It seems likely that Nate was scheduled for execution soon, since he was not locked up deep within one of the larger prison complexes. He was kept on the ground floor of one of the smaller prisons that were located at the edge of the prison district. Dagon had a map that he drew based on his memory of the place.

Spoiler
    Show

However, he returned with the information after Norroar had already left. After asking Jeeves about where Norroar went, he concluded that Norroar must have headed toward the prisons and set off after him.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am assuming that Norroar's followers are secretive enough that they would not give away information on his location to a kid they just meet. Telling him Norroar "stepped out" would be all they can say, and he would jump to his own conclusion based on recent events.

Once Dagon caught up with Norroar, he said: Hey, I have a plan for this. We can wait until nightfall before we break in, grab the goods, and get out without anyone catching us.

In a lower voice: The guards will be tired late at night. By 11:00, the ones on duty are mostly rookies who are stuck with worst shifts. Also, the place will be loosely guarded with half a dozen to a dozen guards at most. We will still have to act quickly because there will be more on the upper levels of the building and we do not want to alert them.

Reginald
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reginald's search leads him to the hunting grounds to the east of the city. His social intuition helped him seek out his quarry at a much faster pace. As he followed his lead, he noticed signs of someone having traveled through the area before. He saw game that had been hunted and abandoned. It looks like someone wanted to grab a quick meal and did not want to haul a carcass off once he had his meal. This person's path lead to circles and winding pathways, as if he were trying to shake someone from his trail. Reginald's search eventually led him to the following location:

Spoiler
    Show

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    You start off somewhere around cell A6. Let me know if Reginald has anyone accompanying him on his search and let me know where Reginald and his companions would stand on the map. The green stuff on the map is trees, bushes, and other greenery.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

OOC: as to the followers, the most they'd know because they weren't there for the conversation, is "oh, look it's that kid Norroar supposedly 'punished'" and then feel awkward as Rajah get's all friendly with Dagon.

IC: "Very well, you know this place better than myself, it's best not to cause a stir, lest we spill too much blood," Norroar replied in the hushed tone Dagon had used.

Waiting until nightfall, the three of them gathered at the entrance to the prison block. Norroar looked to the sky of the pitch black night mottled with stars long enough to to think to himself, "how peaceful."

"Are we ready?" he asked the two at his side as they snuck into the prison trying not to be noticed.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!