New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

After a light supper, Ethan returns to his tiny area of the hostile he had been staying at. The noise and cramped spacing was not to hit liking but he couldn't afford a better leaving arrangment, not yet. He pulls out his pad to do an extensive search for the kid when he realized he didn't have the kid's name. He quickly sends out a text to his new teammates asking if they had learned his name.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald nods and jots notes down consistently. Afterwards, he looks around.
    "Um...sorry, may I see your pokemon in action? They have a different reflex time, and the pokedex can get information on how their nervous systems work. Need to incorporate the arm into me for it to work fully."

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    After a light supper, Ethan returns to his tiny area of the hostile he had been staying at. The noise and cramped spacing was not to hit liking but he couldn't afford a better leaving arrangment, not yet. He pulls out his pad to do an extensive search for the kid when he realized he didn't have the kid's name. He quickly sends out a text to his new teammates asking if they had learned his name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Gerald nods and jots notes down consistently. Afterwards, he looks around.
    "Um...sorry, may I see your pokemon in action? They have a different reflex time, and the pokedex can get information on how their nervous systems work. Need to incorporate the arm into me for it to work fully."
    The two stop fighting for a second.

"Uh, alright," they say, sending out Pokemon that are quickly identified as Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee. The 'lee is only using it's legs, but the 'chan! It's arm movements are perfect! Flawless! You have gained a lot of insight into how to build your arm from watching this fight.

Spoiler
    Show
    ^500 discount on the arm.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

4. - Top - End - #484
    Troll in the Playground

'Some kid with a Wartortle and a Rhyhorn. Apparently he got his hands on an experimental Slugma. I need information on him to help him. And when I say the wrong people I'm not talking about some stupid psychics playing gang wars. I mean bad people who put two in his skull and take out anyone who tries to protect him. And I'm not gonna let that happen.'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Thank you, and sorry to interrupt. If you two ever have any gear you need made, look me up and if I know how, it's free."
    Nodding to both, he finally heads out, happy with what he has. Now...where to? Maybe he'll spot a stray as he wanders around...
    (1d100)[85]

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    'Some kid with a Wartortle and a Rhyhorn. Apparently he got his hands on an experimental Slugma. I need information on him to help him. And when I say the wrong people I'm not talking about some stupid psychics playing gang wars. I mean bad people who put two in his skull and take out anyone who tries to protect him. And I'm not gonna let that happen.'
    "You mean Rocket," she says, sliding off of you. "Yeah, I know the kid. If he pissed them off, he's in trouble. I'll help you, but you'll owe me a favor. And I don't mean more sex."

"Thank you, and sorry to interrupt. If you two ever have any gear you need made, look me up and if I know how, it's free."
    Nodding to both, he finally heads out, happy with what he has. Now...where to? Maybe he'll spot a stray as he wanders around...
    [roll0]
    As you walk around, you hear a yipping. A small dog is being set upon by a kid who is beating it with a large stick.

Show

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Sparky, thunder wave."
    He watches the kid writhe as electricity courses through him, stunning him as he walks up.
    "Kid, what the MUK are you doing?"
    He growls as he glares death at the kid.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo kisses her in thanks. 'Deal. As long as it's not something like heavy lifting I'll do whatever I can.' He flexes his skinny biceps. 'So what information can you give me? Do you know his name and that of his friend?'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

"Sparky, thunder wave."
    He watches the kid writhe as electricity courses through him, stunning him as he walks up.
    "Kid, what the MUK are you doing?"
    He growls as he glares death at the kid.
    The dog tries to flee, running as it gets the chance.

"Stupid dog stole my food," the kid says. "Teaching it a lesson," he says, words distorted by the electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    Romeo kisses her in thanks. 'Deal. As long as it's not something like heavy lifting I'll do whatever I can.' He flexes his skinny biceps. 'So what information can you give me? Do you know his name and that of his friend?'
    "Oh, I know who he is. I can probably even get you a meeting with him," she says, smiling. "I'll keep that favor for later," she says, walking back into the bedroom to get dressed.

Show

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Lesson, huh? Gerald pulls his foot back. Maybe a couple kicks in the head would teach this stupid muk-
    *poke*
    He pauses, and looks at Sparky, shaking her head. Kid. Right. Violence solves nothing, violence solves nothing, violence solves nothing...he looks down at the kid.
    "One minute, then quick lesson."
    He quickly drops his tools and pulls out a pokeball.
    (1d100+1)[61]
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-26 at 12:33 PM.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo sends a message to all his team mates. -Found contact who can arrange a friendly meeting with target. Still no name yet. Once we're ready we can go ahead. Trying diplomacy first. Violence, last resort. P.S. Ollie is healed, and I have an egg for Gerald.-

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll go with lifting. I think anything that he'll learn more from would likely get him killed." She lets Prolios out of his ball.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

Lesson, huh? Gerald pulls his foot back. Maybe a couple kicks in the head would teach this stupid muk-
    *poke*
    He pauses, and looks at Sparky, shaking her head. Kid. Right. Violence solves nothing, violence solves nothing, violence solves nothing...he looks down at the kid.
    "One minute, then quick lesson."
    He quickly drops his tools and pulls out a pokeball.
    [roll0]
    The ball misses the dog, hits the wall and splits in half.

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    "I'll go with lifting. I think anything that he'll learn more from would likely get him killed." She lets Prolios out of his ball.
    She leads the Ralts to a room full of small rocks.

"Just let him go crazy," she says, closing the door. A few targets appear on the wall.

Spoiler
    Show
    Do some roleplay than roll Xd20x5 where X is the number of hours he trains.

Show

14. - Top - End - #494
    Firbolg in the Playground

Paul pats the Kakuna's shell.

[COLOR="Teal"]Well, get mad, if that is what it takes. Listen here, Hardcase. I've cracked some tough mons in my day. Now I want to make you a big part of my team, someone I can use on my way back to the top, and who in turn I can make into a star. But I got bad news for you: that just isn't something that can be done with a Kakuna. So I'm going to keep treating you like an inanimate object for as long as you insist on being one. I've got some fun ideas on that front. Doorstop, paperweight, those are just the beginning. And when you decide you want to stop being tossed around and want to start being the one who does the tossing, well, you go right and join us, pal. We'll be waiting.

Everyone else, let's go.[/color="teal"]

He gathers up his team and heads out to the Poke Mart, looking to buy a potion or two before the big showing.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Disappointed, Gerald lets the scared dog flee. He turns back to the kid.
    "You. A pokemon steals from you, don't wail on it. Try and befriend it. Be kind and you get a companion who watches your back and helps you, got it?"

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hustlertwo View Post
    Paul pats the Kakuna's shell.

[COLOR="Teal"]Well, get mad, if that is what it takes. Listen here, Hardcase. I've cracked some tough mons in my day. Now I want to make you a big part of my team, someone I can use on my way back to the top, and who in turn I can make into a star. But I got bad news for you: that just isn't something that can be done with a Kakuna. So I'm going to keep treating you like an inanimate object for as long as you insist on being one. I've got some fun ideas on that front. Doorstop, paperweight, those are just the beginning. And when you decide you want to stop being tossed around and want to start being the one who does the tossing, well, you go right and join us, pal. We'll be waiting.

Everyone else, let's go.[/color="teal"]

He gathers up his team and heads out to the Poke Mart, looking to buy a potion or two before the big showing.
    The Kakuna looks sullen at the thought of being a paperweight.

You soon arrive at the Pokemart. There are already about ten people outside, waiting to start the battles.

"Don't know how you did it," the Pokemart attendant says, "but somehow you might just do it. Here, take these," he says, handing you two Potions and a Full Heal. "We've already had almost a full days worth of items in purchase, mostly our combat items," he says, pointing to a wall covered in various weapons, charms, and implants for Pokemon. "Seems like people want to beat you badly," he says. "I looked up a few of your battle vids. You were good, really good. Let's just hope you can win these," he says, going to the counter to help a customer.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm loving your plan for Kakuna. It most likely will work.

Disappointed, Gerald lets the scared dog flee. He turns back to the kid.
    "You. A pokemon steals from you, don't wail on it. Try and befriend it. Be kind and you get a companion who watches your back and helps you, got it?"
    "You don't get it. I haven't ate in almost a week," the kid says. You can't help but notice how thin and sickly he looks. "Then, the second I get some food, that damn dog just eats it. Do you know how hard that is? Do you?"

Show

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Exactly how bad. Which is why I'm giving you this."
    He pulls out the food he bought for wilds and gives the kid a packet and crouches down.
    "All I have to spare. I started like you, but might be able to help. Do they let you work off a tab at the center?"

18. - Top - End - #498
    Troll in the Playground

'Listen babe, I gotta meet up with my team. Can you set up a way for us to meet him tomorrow? But don't tell him who we are or why he's meeting us, I don't want him getting spooked and doing something stupid.'

Romeo sends another text to Ethan, telling him to come pick up Ollie at the poke-mart where Paul was battling. No way was he going to miss one of his heroes in action. He wanted to watch the man battle live.
    Last edited by IrnBruAddict; 2012-04-26 at 03:32 PM.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

Lacking a name to search, Ethan settles for a bit of reasearch. He had found an intersting journal article on Biomechination, incorporating mechanical devices into a living biological system. He read the article till he falls asleep. He wakes up early, deciding to go and conference with Paul at the Pokemart.

While on the way, he receives Romeo's texts. He respondes: -Roger, I'm heading that way. Thinking about Refereeing if no one volunteers. Plus it will give me a chance to record some Pokemon in action from the sidelines. How did Ollie and Elly get along?-

He quickly arrives at the Mart, and seeing the crowd, grins silently. Seeing Paul had already arrived, he quickly approaches him. Would you like me to referee Paul? I've been told I'm very fair.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

"Exactly how bad. Which is why I'm giving you this."
    He pulls out the food he bought for wilds and gives the kid a packet and crouches down.
    "All I have to spare. I started like you, but might be able to help. Do they let you work off a tab at the center?"
    "Sometimes," the kid gets out through his paralysis. He is having trouble chewing with the paralysis, but still eats the food.

Show

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Then you get a choice. Get treated at the center and do work for them, or for me until you pay the tab and want to quit. Maybe learn a few things, likely get a pokemon with pickup on it, get fed when there's cash to buy food."
    Wait, why am I even doing this? I could hurt him, right? Why am I doing this?

He glances at Sparky nervously as doubt filled his head, and she just gently patted his shoulder reassuringly.
    ...Sparky thinks I can? She's never steered me wrong yet...
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-26 at 08:41 PM.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis guides Prolios into the room to train. They fire at targets for a bit, but Prolios quickly gets bored. Yeah, this isn't really much of a challenge. She looks around the room and in a corner finds a large box. Curious, she pushes it into the center of the room and opens it.
    In it she finds a large pile of blocks, sticks, string, etc. Prolios promptly lies down on the floor. Cute, but no. You're training now. Get up. She lifts him into the air and onto his feet, getting a light glare.
    Don't want to.
    You rested for two hours. Now you're training. She gets a feeling of anger from the Ralts, but it passes.
    Okay. What do I do?
    Practice lifting. Using your powers. Like so. She lifts a medium sized block, then sends it flying into a wall. The Ralts tries to imitate her with a slightly smaller block, to similar result. Good, now more complex. Multiple objects. Go. Again she his hit with an irritated emotion. You're wasting a lot of time that could be spent doing something more productive. Prolios rolls his eyes. Quickly, the Ralts is lifted high in the air. I'm asking for a little respect. I haven't beat you yet and I'd rather not start, but that attitude will stop. Work with me here. She lowers Prolios to the ground. Two blocks, like so. She demonstrates with two lighter blocks. Prolios doesn't get the subtlety and tries to lift two blocks the same size as before. After a minute he gets frustrated.
    Can't.
    Try lifting two smaller blocks. You can only move so much at a time. He tries again with two lighter blocks. After a few seconds, they budge and slowly float off. She continues with exercises, in manipulating multiple objects and in fine control of items.
    After about half an hour, she gives him a challenge. Better. Now I'm going to ask for some creativity. Create something complex. We have two and a half more hours here. You have time. And I'll be making sure you use it. She lightly lifts the Ralts; not enough to float him in the air, but enough to give him that odd falling feeling.
    She watches at first. Hm, he's going for the rods and string. Wonder what he's making. After about an hour with her attention half on studying and half on making sure Prolios continues, he seems focused enough to allow her to slip away for a bit. At that time he was lifting a wooden tripod held together by strings tied at the top.
    Dang the gym is quiet. Eerily so, in fact. She walks around without straying too far from the room, seeing if she can find another person training, but l the training rooms are either locked or empty. She checks for her friends she made earlier, but if they're here they're somewhere else that she doesn't know. Finally, she comes back with about five minutes left.
    "What the Hell is this!?"
    In the center of the room, using just about every liftable material, as well as some that would have required some basic physics knowledge for him to move, were two large teepee-style bundles of poles, nine meters apart. Between them, made from a mix of poles and copious amounts of string, was a sort of hammock, made soft with tightly wrapped string. And there was Prolios, lifting himself into the hammock. Literally lifting himself. Into the air. He had just gotten himself over the hammock when her exclamation shocked him and he fell onto a slightly weak section. There was a loud snap and the contraption collapsed in on itself. One end of the hammock broke from its support and swung, sending Prolios rolling past the collapsing support. Thankfully it was hollow and bounced harmlessly around him.
    What the Hell indeed!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (3d20)[23]x5

Artemis and Prolios leave the Gym and realize that they lack a place to stay. Looking around, she decides that the motel from earlier today was the best option. She recalls Prolios and lets Aquilla back out, who flies along with her to the motel.
    "Well you payed for an entire week! I was wondering if you thought this was one of those places that you just gave your keys to the attendant, so I held onto them. Just a word of advice: we don't normally do that here."
    Surprised, Artemis thanks the man and returns to her old room, and promptly passes out.

Bad night of sleep. Dreamed about being...attacked...by Mankey. She fought off seven of them, and then passed out in the dream. She woke up screaming. Aquilla lept from his perch, startled, but flew back and began to nuzzle her. Thanks. I needed that. She checks her phone. Text from Mom and one from Romeo. She deleted the former without reading it, and debated deleting the second, but decided it probably was job related. -Meet you at the Mart.- She eats the last of the food she brought to the motel with her. Forgetting to eat twice yesterday with all the activity that she had had. How was she even standing!? After breakfast she showers and gets dressed. Same clothes except for a different shirt, a white, short-sleeved one with an obnoxious 'Wy-naut?' across the chest and the Pokémon of the same name below the words. Her and Aquilla leave for the Pokémart. Might even get a battle with the "great" Paul.

Show

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

I can do this, I can do this, I can...can...
    "K...kid, can I just get something out before any decisions are made?"
    He's just clutching his head with his good arm, now.
    "I don't know what the muk I'm even doing any more..."

24. - Top - End - #504

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    The Kakuna looks sullen at the thought of being a paperweight.

You soon arrive at the Pokemart. There are already about ten people outside, waiting to start the battles.

"Don't know how you did it," the Pokemart attendant says, "but somehow you might just do it. Here, take these," he says, handing you two Potions and a Full Heal. "We've already had almost a full days worth of items in purchase, mostly our combat items," he says, pointing to a wall covered in various weapons, charms, and implants for Pokemon. "Seems like people want to beat you badly," he says. "I looked up a few of your battle vids. You were good, really good. Let's just hope you can win these," he says, going to the counter to help a customer.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm loving your plan for Kakuna. It most likely will work.
    Thanks for the stuff, ought to lessen the time I need in breaks to hop to the Center and back. As for me winning, well, fortunately for you that won't much matter. Your business will pick up whether I get my colossal keyster kicked or not. Be it out of love or hate, the name Paul Ticker clearly still has the power to bring 'em in.

Paul revels in the crowd his name has drawn, despite the fact most of these people are here to take down a pompous has-been. He pockets the items given by the owner, sets his dax to scan any mons already out in the assembled crowd, and then lets out Buck, whom he addresses in a low voice.

I think we need to have you make a properly dramatic entrace, let them know just who they're dealing with. And I have just the idea...

Paul whispers in the Scraggy's ear, hands him Hardcase, and sends him on his way. He then calls for the attention of the modest assemblage.

Greetings, everyone. Glad we already have such a great turnout and it's not even time yet. We'd be glad to start early, too, except...I just don't know where my cute little Scraggy has gone off to.

Paul affects an absurdly high-pitched falsetto as he mock -calls for his Pokemon.

Buck? Oh Buuuuuck, where are you? Yoo hoooooo, over herrrrrre!

At this moment a Kakuna is hurled onto the roof of an adjacent building, where it lodges fast against a pipe. A nearly invisible thread from the bug Pokemon is pulled taught, and Buck comes swinging over the heads of those in the street and around the store.

Ah, there you are, Buck. I guess we're ready to begin. Hank, fetch old Hardcase for us, pal.

The Pidgey flies off to retrieve the Kakuna.

So, who wants to be the first to take me on? And feel free to battle amongst yourselves, as I can't promise there will be enough Paul to go around.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

Finally, she arrives at the event. This ought to be good. Seeing Paul lose a few after his tough talk. She goes to look for where to sign up, as well as scanning anything she sees. This many trainers, someone has to let their Pokémon follow them around like the others.

Show

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

'GO PAUL' comes a yell from the back. Romeo appears next to Artemis, keed to support his idol. Trailing behind his are a very happy Elly and Ollie, Ollie holding onto her tail with his trunk, letting her lead the way through the crowds.

27. - Top - End - #507

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Lacking a name to search, Ethan settles for a bit of reasearch. He had found an intersting journal article on Biomechination, incorporating mechanical devices into a living biological system. He read the article till he falls asleep. He wakes up early, deciding to go and conference with Paul at the Pokemart.

While on the way, he receives Romeo's texts. He respondes: -Roger, I'm heading that way. Thinking about Refereeing if no one volunteers. Plus it will give me a chance to record some Pokemon in action from the sidelines. How did Ollie and Elly get along?-

He quickly arrives at the Mart, and seeing the crowd, grins silently. Seeing Paul had already arrived, he quickly approaches him. Would you like me to referee Paul? I've been told I'm very fair.
    Paul looks to the younger trainer, whose name he can't quite recall.

Hey there...you. Sure, ref away. But don't pass up the chance to get in on some of this fighting. Good stuff.

Paul then waves at his newfound cheering section, the looks to the crowd as a whole.

Well? Will no one take my challenge?

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan scans any mon already out, somewhat eager to see the proceeding battle. After Buck's 'entrance' he wondered what Paul had planned exactly.

Raising his voice, holding his pad high above his head to make it clear who's talking. Attention! If you want to have a shot at the great Paul Ticker, come sign in with me! I'll determine the competitors and in what order with a random number generator.

Ethan waits for the throng to approach him, quickly entering challenge data and parameters into the program.

Ollie, seeing Ethan, squeezes Elly's tail playfully, then tries to drag her towards Ethan. But he is quickly cut off by the mass of people wanting to sign up.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

29. - Top - End - #509
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo dashes through the crowd and signs up, elbowing a few people in the face as he forced his way through the crowd.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis steps forward to get registered, ducking as she senses Romeo running forward. Watch it, lover-boy! I almost decked you rather than avoid you! As she signs up, she speaks to Paul. Couldn't let you actually look good now, could I? After signing up, she reviews the information she has on Buck, the only thing she knew he did have. Scraffty, Dark and Fighting. Weakness to Flying among other things. Lacks the usual weakness to Psychic attacks that Fighting types are famous for, as well at the usual weakness to bugs of Dark types. Surprisingly defensive. Hm, not too much of a challenge. Just have to make sure Aquilla can get a hit in. Can use Faint Attack, which is a pain to deal with, but it tires and can't use it over and over without a short break.
    After her quick review, she looks and mentally feels around for anyone she knows to talk to. Ethan was busy with signing people up, so he was out of the question. She also feels for the Slugma-boy. A big fight like this would probably draw him out quite easily.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-04-26 at 11:44 PM.

Show