New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming its a Con check (or a regular d20) (1d20)[4]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

Paul, Ethan, Romeo, and Gerald manage to flee with the others running, soon becoming just other faces in the crowd. After a few minutes of they manage to escape, eventually meeting up around the Fighting Dojo.

Artemis, well, she isn't so lucky. People really aren't supposed to lay in the smoke, waiting for the guards to come. It's meant to scatter, get them to flee. You wake up, not knowing the time or where you are. All you know is that you are in a clean room with a guard posted at the door. You are handcuffed to a hosptial bed, an IV in your arm.

"So, you're awake," a woman says, walking into the room. "You're an idiot for staying in the gas. Seriously? Anyways, more importantly," she says, pulling her glasses down her nose, "what is a Psychic doing starting fights on the Dojo side of town?"
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

She tries to talk without thinking too much. Less thinking means less chance of having her mind read. "My bad, thought it would disperse quicker than it did. Was in a bit of pain from getting attacked after an accident in a trainer battle. Anyways, was visiting some friends who wanted to go to some battle event on that side of town. Figured it would be fine, just don't speak to people's minds unless they're a friend. And he was the one acting like a pervert towards me! Some guy nearly forty starts thinking about you that way and you get very defensive. I try to ignore it and just enjoy the battle anyways. Then Aquilla gets too rough and gets a bad hit in and his Pidgey dies by accident. He flips out and I try to apologize for what happened. He sics his Scraggy on me while some crazy fan of his attacks me." Her heartrate gets racing again. Things she could have done instead flit through her mind but it's too late now. She lies back down. Control. You're not in a position of power at all, Arte. Back off, calm down.

"May I ask where I am, anyways?" If she is told no, she calmly accepts without any resenting emotions.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-04-28 at 01:25 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

4. - Top - End - #574
    Firbolg in the Playground

Paul wheezes, more from the exertion than the fumes. He'd put far worse into his body willingly over the years. He looks around at the others from the meeting.

Don't...don't be fooled. That little witch wasn't a bit concerned about killing Hank, said as much to me. I hope she gave 'em a reason to pull their clubs out.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

Paul, shut up. Now is not the time or place. The both of you screwed things up. This, this right here, is the kind of thing the idiots in Celadon did to screw themselves up and increase their entrance requirments. We need a plan to get things started and we need to get one now. Looking over the group that has assembled, he sighs heavily. Why does Gerald not have a shirt or his toolbox? Gerald, what happened to you? And why does Romeo have Sparky?
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-04-28 at 01:28 AM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

6. - Top - End - #576

Paul glares at Ethan but falls silent at the mention of the Celadon corpses. He felt bad for Hank but had no intention of visiting him personally any time soon.

Yeah, what's wrong with you, Tin Man? Won't do to leave your pack back there with the cops crawling around. All of our numbers are in your 'gear and we don't need a data trail tying us together.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Troll in the Playground

'Why do I have Sparky's pokeball? I'm not sure. But Gerald got attacked by a voltorb, then while he was knocked out some guys robbed him and knocked Sparky about. I was trying to get you guys attention when Arte killed Hank. And we all know what happened after that.' Romeo was rubbing his hand. He normally wasn't one to punch someone.

'Here, do you need her back Gerald?'
    He held out the pokeball to Gerald.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Ran into a wild voltorb getting out of my crate this morning which caught me off guard. Sparky got that, but, well...unconscious targets are easy targets. Not important."
    He looks at Sparky, soothing her with gently petting her fur.
    "Don't want to lose Sparky to some bum in the streets. Come on, though. We're here and have a job to do. Can find and hurt who smacked her after work."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-28 at 07:26 AM.

9. - Top - End - #579

I dunno, you sure you wouldn't rather track these guys down now? I'm already in the mood to hurt somebody, might as well let it be the thievin' sons of Skuntanks. Besides, I'd say if we want to take on this kid we're going to need more Pokemon than we have currently. That means we need Pokeballs to catch them, and right now you don't have any balls, Gerald.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    She tries to talk without thinking too much. Less thinking means less chance of having her mind read. "My bad, thought it would disperse quicker than it did. Was in a bit of pain from getting attacked after an accident in a trainer battle. Anyways, was visiting some friends who wanted to go to some battle event on that side of town. Figured it would be fine, just don't speak to people's minds unless they're a friend. And he was the one acting like a pervert towards me! Some guy nearly forty starts thinking about you that way and you get very defensive. I try to ignore it and just enjoy the battle anyways. Then Aquilla gets too rough and gets a bad hit in and his Pidgey dies by accident. He flips out and I try to apologize for what happened. He sics his Scraggy on me while some crazy fan of his attacks me." Her heartrate gets racing again. Things she could have done instead flit through her mind but it's too late now. She lies back down. Control. You're not in a position of power at all, Arte. Back off, calm down.

"May I ask where I am, anyways?" If she is told no, she calmly accepts without any resenting emotions.
    "You? You're in the Pokemon Center. You nearly died out there, laying in the gas. We patched you up," she says, looking at you.

"You're staying here for at least a few hours, until we can try to check the story," she says, walking out the door, leaving you on your own.

Show

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald looks confused.
    "Made a good portion of it, and with a little work, can do it again, though it'll take a while to learn how to make pokeballs. Not going to try to hurt the kid anyway, right? No killing these people, either. Thieves, yes, probably hungry ones, but know the rules."
    He strokes Sparky's fur, upset about her eye but calming down after seeing Paul and Arte go at it. Half his torso may be horrible scarring, one of his arms may just not be there, to the point where even the shoulder's missing, but he's still calm.
    "Mission should take priority, but I'll leave it to you. Pity about the notes, the dex, and the egg, but I leave it to you."

12. - Top - End - #582

Well, roughing up a couple bums doesn't seem like anyone's concern, so long as we keep 'em alive. Certainly doesn't look good for someone to jack a future Rocket member and get away without some lumps. And I thought the best way to approach the kid might be a straight up battle. One or two of us take him on in that, then win or lose we've weakened his Pokemon and made it harder for him to stop whatever else we have planned.

He looks at the assembled group.

Of course, that's assuming we do have anything else planned. In either case, I'd say Gerald's stuff is the more pressing concern. Anyone opposed?

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah...thanks." She promptly passes out, and not from the effects of poison this time, but instead exhaustion.

Sleep was...painful.
    She was in a battle. Looks like Taylor was the opponent. Aquilla and Shade were having another go, and Aquilla was winning this time. Weaving, dodging, every move perfectly executed. "Aquilla has improved a bunch!"
    "Thanks, we've been practicing!
    "It shows."
    Change of scene. A forest. Weather is overcast, probably going to rain. The Mankey attack her again, but she fights them off. "I'm far more capable of killing you than you ever will be of killing me!" she yells as the rest run off. Suddenly, -SMACK!- She's lying on the forest floor.
    "I told you I'd kill you. Hank?" A Pidgey five times the normal size flies over the trees. Its neck is tilted at an odd angle. It chirps, and hundreds more Pidgey fly out of the forest as well, all forming into a huge flock.
    "Please...it wasn't personal Hank..."
    "Liar!" A swift kick in the stomach.
    "Towards you, yeah, but not Hank." She coughs up a bit of blood. The Pidgey just waits on its trainer.
    "Hank, kill." There is a shudder in the swarm, and after that all she can sense are feathers and constant, stabbing pain.
    "It was an accident! It was an accident! It was...an...accid-"
    A change of scene.

Artemis wakes up screaming again.

Show

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    "Ah...thanks." She promptly passes out, and not from the effects of poison this time, but instead exhaustion.

Sleep was...painful.
    She was in a battle. Looks like Taylor was the opponent. Aquilla and Shade were having another go, and Aquilla was winning this time. Weaving, dodging, every move perfectly executed. "Aquilla has improved a bunch!"
    "Thanks, we've been practicing!
    "It shows."
    Change of scene. A forest. Weather is overcast, probably going to rain. The Mankey attack her again, but she fights them off. "I'm far more capable of killing you than you ever will be of killing me!" she yells as the rest run off. Suddenly, -SMACK!- She's lying on the forest floor.
    "I told you I'd kill you. Hank?" A Pidgey five times the normal size flies over the trees. Its neck is tilted at an odd angle. It chirps, and hundreds more Pidgey fly out of the forest as well, all forming into a huge flock.
    "Please...it wasn't personal Hank..."
    "Liar!" A swift kick in the stomach.
    "Towards you, yeah, but not Hank." She coughs up a bit of blood. The Pidgey just waits on its trainer.
    "Hank, kill." There is a shudder in the swarm, and after that all she can sense are feathers and constant, stabbing pain.
    "It was an accident! It was an accident! It was...an...accid-"
    A change of scene.

Artemis wakes up screaming again.
    The nurse walks into the room again.

"What the hell are you screaming about?" she says, looking at you.

"Anyways, we contacted the Psychic Gym. We negotiated, and you're free to go, as long as you remain on your side of the city. Stay off our turf," she says, unlocking the handcuffs, pulling out the IV none to gently, and walking out the door.

Show

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

Paul. Please. Calm. We need to think logically. We know nothing of the thugs who stole Gerald's stuff, no where to start. If, and I stress the if, we get in, we might get access to resources that can help us find them or at the very least get replacment equipment. Ethan rubs his temples, trying to calm himself down and get rid of the headache that had started forming. Our two priorities right now is Artemis saftey, no matter how much you don't like her right now Paul, and finiding the kid and doing what we need to do. The four of us had come up with a few plans but we should dicuss them in a more secrure location.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-04-28 at 10:29 AM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

16. - Top - End - #586
    Titan in the Playground

"Sorry, nightmare. PTSD from the fight, probably." She rubs where the IV had been implanted. As she leaves, she give a light bow to the woman. "Very sorry for intruding on your land. It completely slipped my mind and will never happen again." She makes sure she has all of her stuff before fleeing the area as fast as she could. She slows down as the sees that she's on a street with a name that lacks any part of the body or fighting style in its name. What time was it anyways?
    -Banned from Fighter's side of town. Probably should meet you guys over here. Suggestions for location?-

Show

17. - Top - End - #587
    Troll in the Playground

We could track them with Ellys nose, but Ill follow Ethan right now. Hes the only one calm now. We need a level head.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

First, lets see what we can find out. Gerald, do you still have your connections in the Dojo? Indicating the Dojo behind them. If you can still work there, its a start to getting your stuff back, albeit the hard way. Romeo, is there anyway we can meet your contact? We might need to expdiate things. I think the faster we pull this off, the better our chances. Though lets not take unneccesary risks. In the mean time we should head back to the other side of town. I have a feeling they don't like Paul much right now. Ethan turns, his lab coat twirling behind him and he walks, somewhat faster than you'd expect, towards the psychic side of town, expecting the others to follow in tow.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"They took the card too, meaning no address for the garage. Everything except Sparky's gone, probably sold. The remoraid egg's probably already been cooked and eaten."
    He stops Ethan.
    "Liked or not, we have a job to do. I'm useless, but you can start poking around. Say you're doing research on the subject."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-28 at 11:33 AM.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan stares into Gerald's eyes, then at Romeo and finally Paul's. Did they really see him as a leader? He wasn't even sure what to do at this point. He needed time to think. I'm not sure I can get anything from them. I...I don't know. His shoulder's sag, seemingly defeated.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"I can, Ethan. But to make that work, I need my equipment back. They likely know me as that guy taking notes, but I need to look the part again."
    He puts his hand on Ethan's shoulder.
    "As is, I'm worthless to you guys, but with my stuff I can at least get those, underdstand?"

22. - Top - End - #592

This team isn't going to work if we don't support each other. Gerald needs his equipment, and right now we need him to have his equipment. A win for all involved. Let's go, Mr. Roboto. Show us where you took the ball to the face and had your stuff snatched. Odds are these guys aren't professionals, so they won't be too hard to track.

Paul recalls the lifeless body of hank to its Pokeball. He stares at it for a moment and then looks up at Gerald, ready to follow him back to the alley.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, Gerald isn't very useful without his equipment. Ollie and Elly can help track them down. Lets head to where you were mugged. Ethan sighs, for what seems like the billionth time in the last 24 hours. But lets not start violence if we can avoid it. The less likely for the cops to show, the better.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-04-28 at 02:28 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Thank you."
    He leads the way back, paying attention to street names, Sparky occasionally pulling herself onto a wall to show a place she recognized, then onto Gerald's shoulder.

25. - Top - End - #595

Tell you what, we'll let Gerald decide. It'll be his Remoraid egg in the frying pan and his gear sold all over the city, so if we wants to give these jokers a few belts we'll do it, and if not then it's their lucky day. But I agree that we need to make sure they're still breathing. Wanton killing has to be bad for business.

Paul sends out Scraggy, who looks about periodically, attempting to be prepared for anything that might arise.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

Soon you find yourselves in the same alleyway, although the two hobos and any trace of them are gone. Elly and Ollie soon begin sniffing, trying to pick up a scent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tracker rolls.

Show

27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground

Ollie sniffs around, fanny in the air, face and trunk to the ground. While they search, Ethan ponders for a moment. If we can find these guys, there might be a fight. I know I'm not at my 100%, I doubt Gerald is either. We might need to find some quick healing before we confront them. If we can find him.

(1d20)[5]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

28. - Top - End - #598
    Troll in the Playground

'Elly, see if you can smell Geralds tool box anywhere. Start with that and lead us there if you can.'

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[18]

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

Elly takes off down the street, apparently in pusuit of a scent.

Show

30. - Top - End - #600
    Troll in the Playground

'Atta girl. This way lads!' Romeo runs off after his pokemon, beaming with pride. She always came through for him when he needed it.