New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

"Good point." The accents were different enough to her that she could distinguish them, but an outsider wouldf know the difference.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

I have contacts and spare glasses as well. Ethan pulls out a small case containing a set of thick rimmed, square glasses and a contact case. He opens up the contact case and puts one on. His left eye loooks extremly blood shot. Makes me look like I've been loosing sleep and stressing out about something. Good for convincing proffessors their classes are difficult. He removes the contact and puts it away.

Gerlad and Paul will fit in at the Dojo, sure. But they aren't forgettable. A man with only one arm and a rather rotund formerly famous trainer is not something one sees everyday. If either of you do anything, it needs to be subtle as to not draw more attention to yourself.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"I'll just do what I have been. Ask people to show off. Think they kind of like the idea of things being modelled off them, because they're pretty helpful. Will just ask more sixteen year olds about their mon than normal."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-05-01 at 01:06 PM.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Titan in the Playground

"Well until then I have little to do. Might train here for the rest of the day if I'm not needed."

Show

5. - Top - End - #725
    Firbolg in the Playground

Art has a good point. Sounds like we're being kept in reserve for the moment, might as well go and prepare for that part if it comes to that. I'd say if things do descend into smash and grab as a last-ditch effort, let's still look into getting some outfits for those Team Magma jokers or something. Fewer things putting our actions to Rocket the better.

Paul recalls his creatures and prepares to head out.

If any of you need anything, give me a ringy-dingy, and if you want to come along with me, feel free. More the merrier. Otherwise, I suppose we will meet back here tomorrow morning? Ethan and Romeo to get into character, the rest of us to come along to the meet site and find the proper place to monitor the proceedings while unseen.

Unless a point is brought up, Paul heads out to search for wild mons.

(1d100)[63]

Spoiler
    Show
    Location TBD; not sure if we're deciding by specific routes or general environments. Just rolling anyhow, let me know so I can fill in the rest.

Edit: don't suppose that can at least qualify for something on the lower side of lame?

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

I will join you once me and Romeo have procurred the disguise kit.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

7. - Top - End - #727
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hustlertwo View Post
    Art has a good point. Sounds like we're being kept in reserve for the moment, might as well go and prepare for that part if it comes to that. I'd say if things do descend into smash and grab as a last-ditch effort, let's still look into getting some outfits for those Team Magma jokers or something. Fewer things putting our actions to Rocket the better.

Paul recalls his creatures and prepares to head out.

If any of you need anything, give me a ringy-dingy, and if you want to come along with me, feel free. More the merrier. Otherwise, I suppose we will meet back here tomorrow morning? Ethan and Romeo to get into character, the rest of us to come along to the meet site and find the proper place to monitor the proceedings while unseen.

Unless a point is brought up, Paul heads out to search for wild mons.

[roll0]

Spoiler
    Show
    Location TBD; not sure if we're deciding by specific routes or general environments. Just rolling anyhow, let me know so I can fill in the rest.

Edit: don't suppose that can at least qualify for something on the lower side of lame?
    You head north, looking for anything out of the ordinary, a Pokemon you could find. After a while you see a small yellow Pokemon, apparently digging for food or something.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

8. - Top - End - #728
    Troll in the Playground

'I've heard of a girl near here who is a master of disguise. I think her name was Copycat. If we can find her, she'll be our best bet for a kit.' Romeo leads Ethan off in search of the famous Copycat house.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

9. - Top - End - #729
    Titan in the Playground

Soon enough you find the infamous Copycat house, right on the borderline of the two sides of the city. It is bland, boring, and if you hadn't been looking for it, you doubt you would've found it.

Show

10. - Top - End - #730
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"G...going to check the Dojo for a bit. Meet you there in an hour or two."
    Gerald sighed inside. Two days full of conversations without considering an icepick as a valid way to end it! That had to be progress, right?
    He collects Sparky off the egg, and heads out.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground

I think you should do the talking. You have a way with words and females. Ethan beams an obviously fake smile while he rings the doorbell. He knew about this girl and her uncanny ability. He wanted to see Romeo squirm trying to communicate with her. It be mildly amusing. He needed a good chuckle after what had happened so far today.

Spoiler
    Show
    Time Check?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

12. - Top - End - #732
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis was curious to meet 'Copycat,' but the guys ran off before she could speak up. Oh well, back to training. Prolios was nowhere near fighting level yet. She searches out a receptionist to find a room to continue his training.

Show

13. - Top - End - #733

Paul scans him with his dax as he motions to Creep.

Give him a dose of the good stuff, buddy.

The Snivy lashes out with a leafy tendril.

(1d20)[15] (1d12+16)[21] 2+evasion

Current HP for Creep: 27
    ATK: 6
    Defense: 8
    SDEF: 4
    Speed: 9

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    "G...going to check the Dojo for a bit. Meet you there in an hour or two."
    Gerald sighed inside. Two days full of conversations without considering an icepick as a valid way to end it! That had to be progress, right?
    He collects Sparky off the egg, and heads out.
    Soon enough you arrive at the Dojo, the familiar sounds of fighting echoing from inside.

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    I think you should do the talking. You have a way with words and females. Ethan beams an obviously fake smile while he rings the doorbell. He knew about this girl and her uncanny ability. He wanted to see Romeo squirm trying to communicate with her. It be mildly amusing. He needed a good chuckle after what had happened so far today.

Spoiler
    Show
    Time Check?
    You wait for an answer to the doorbell and.... nothing. You ring again. Nothing. Once more? Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Artemis was curious to meet 'Copycat,' but the guys ran off before she could speak up. Oh well, back to training. Prolios was nowhere near fighting level yet. She searches out a receptionist to find a room to continue his training.
    You soon enough find the attendant from earlier who leads Prolios into the same room as before, although the rocks are scattered again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Same XP as last time.

Paul scans him with his dax as he motions to Creep.

Give him a dose of the good stuff, buddy.

The Snivy lashes out with a leafy tendril.

[roll0] [roll1] 2+evasion

Current HP for Creep: 27
    ATK: 6
    Defense: 8
    SDEF: 4
    Speed: 9
    The blow strikes the poor thing before it can react, dropping it to the ground, unconcious.

Show

15. - Top - End - #735
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan frowns slightly. She either isn't home, not wanting company, or she's hidden nearby and playing a trick on us. Ethan steps back and inspects the house, looking for anything irregular. Hello? Miss Copycat? We'd like to talk to you. We want to purchase something from you if you like.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[9] Perception check
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (3d20)[38]x5
    Prolios is out again. So are you ready to do some actual work today? He looks away, staring off into the distance. She's getting through to him, but he was bred to be simple. It's going to take some work. If you can't think if anything better, it's target practice time. Actually, better idea. She lifts up a pebble, and it speeds towards Prolios. Deflect it. It whacks the little mon in the head. He lets out a yelp, but doesn't fall down. Again! Another yell of pain from the Ralts. Come on, some sort of emotional response! They're too small to do any damage, thank goodness, but the pebbles do hurt.
    Stop...
    Then make me! That should get him going. She slides a bigger rock. Not as fast, but it would hurt. He jumps out of the way as it slides by and into a wall. Not with your body! Deflect it! Another sails at him. He tries to leap but is held in place by an external force.
    FINE! The rock skids to a halt before slidig back at Artemis. Progress. She lets him go and flicks the rock away.
    Good, now let's do that without holding you in place. They continue. Back to small. He's able to quickly push them away before they even are half way to him. Another size up. The rocks are still small, about skipping stone size. He struggles, but remains unhit. They continue. Now they are the size of a softball. A nick on the shoulder for Prolios. He gets mad and the rock flies back, brushing Artemis's hair. He is slammed into the ground as though he were thirty pounds heavier. Too hasty, too uncontrolled. If he were focused he would have hit her. Be calm in anger. Direct it, focus it. Don't allow it to cloud judgement or control. But nothing about attacking his trainer. Friendship is not yet expected. That would come with time. Right now he just needs to be the best he can be. So long as he is openly respectful he can be quietly resentful. That will fade in time. She was still more powerful than him. She explains that it was the same with Aquilla. Injuries to both parties happened in breaking him. Torn muscles, cracked fingers, pulled wings and chipped beaks. She earned his respect just to bring him along, though, so things were faster.
    Prolios was different though. She had to not only break him but also effectively wake him. Lobotomised brains were good for breeding but bad for battling. He'd recover in due time.
    Three hours passes like half an hour. By the end of it, Prolios and Artemis were both covered in scrapes and bruises, but felt good. Today they made progress. She felt a bit stronger and he seemed to have a bit of a spark of intelligence in his eyes. Artemis gets Prolios taken care of at the center before heading to the Eastern Gate.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Three hour time skip, add twenty or so for travel. Approx. 6 o' clock.

Show

17. - Top - End - #737

Paul whistles as he dutifully gathers up the Sandshrew and takes it into town and the nearest center, hoping to find someone who can help him bring it back just enough to try a capture.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Ethan frowns slightly. She either isn't home, not wanting company, or she's hidden nearby and playing a trick on us. Ethan steps back and inspects the house, looking for anything irregular. Hello? Miss Copycat? We'd like to talk to you. We want to purchase something from you if you like.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0] Perception check
    You don't notice anything. You can't even tell if somebody is home.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]x5
    Prolios is out again. So are you ready to do some actual work today? He looks away, staring off into the distance. She's getting through to him, but he was bred to be simple. It's going to take some work. If you can't think if anything better, it's target practice time. Actually, better idea. She lifts up a pebble, and it speeds towards Prolios. Deflect it. It whacks the little mon in the head. He lets out a yelp, but doesn't fall down. Again! Another yell of pain from the Ralts. Come on, some sort of emotional response! They're too small to do any damage, thank goodness, but the pebbles do hurt.
    Stop...
    Then make me! That should get him going. She slides a bigger rock. Not as fast, but it would hurt. He jumps out of the way as it slides by and into a wall. Not with your body! Deflect it! Another sails at him. He tries to leap but is held in place by an external force.
    FINE! The rock skids to a halt before slidig back at Artemis. Progress. She lets him go and flicks the rock away.
    Good, now let's do that without holding you in place. They continue. Back to small. He's able to quickly push them away before they even are half way to him. Another size up. The rocks are still small, about skipping stone size. He struggles, but remains unhit. They continue. Now they are the size of a softball. A nick on the shoulder for Prolios. He gets mad and the rock flies back, brushing Artemis's hair. He is slammed into the ground as though he were thirty pounds heavier. Too hasty, too uncontrolled. If he were focused he would have hit her. Be calm in anger. Direct it, focus it. Don't allow it to cloud judgement or control. But nothing about attacking his trainer. Friendship is not yet expected. That would come with time. Right now he just needs to be the best he can be. So long as he is openly respectful he can be quietly resentful. That will fade in time. She was still more powerful than him. She explains that it was the same with Aquilla. Injuries to both parties happened in breaking him. Torn muscles, cracked fingers, pulled wings and chipped beaks. She earned his respect just to bring him along, though, so things were faster.
    Prolios was different though. She had to not only break him but also effectively wake him. Lobotomised brains were good for breeding but bad for battling. He'd recover in due time.
    Three hours passes like half an hour. By the end of it, Prolios and Artemis were both covered in scrapes and bruises, but felt good. Today they made progress. She felt a bit stronger and he seemed to have a bit of a spark of intelligence in his eyes. Artemis gets Prolios taken care of at the center before heading to the Eastern Gate.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Three hour time skip, add twenty or so for travel. Approx. 6 o' clock.
    Soon enough you finish your training. The Gym seems to be emptying out again as people head to dinner and such.

Paul whistles as he dutifully gathers up the Sandshrew and takes it into town and the nearest center, hoping to find someone who can help him bring it back just enough to try a capture.
    You find yourself at the Pokemon Center. A nurse walks over to help you, looking at the unconcious Pokemon with a frown.

"Can I help you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Pokedax
    Sandshrew - The Shrew Pokemon
    Sandshrew are very popular in pop culture in this modern day and age. One prime example of this is the recent play, taming of the Sandshrew. It is about a Pikachu trying to gain the love of a Sandshrew, only to be rejected by the arrogant and cruel woman over and over again.

Show

19. - Top - End - #739
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald walks in, and looks around. Best to find the ones that fit the criteria, so he looks for 16 year old male fighters as he goes to a corner to apparently take notes.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Troll in the Playground

'I don't want to miss this Copycat girl. I always wanted to meet her.'

Romeo wanders around the outskirts of the house, trying to spot someone by the windows or something.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception roll: (1d20+2)[22]
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

21. - Top - End - #741

Paul looks at the Center worker and shrugs.

Same old story. Creep here was a tad rough with this guy while we tried to catch him. Was going to see if you could bring him just to edge of consciousness so I can snag the cute little bugger and add him to the family.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Titan in the Playground

Gerald walks in, and looks around. Best to find the ones that fit the criteria, so he looks for 16 year old male fighters as he goes to a corner to apparently take notes.
    Soon enough you manage to find a ring where a group of younger looking battlers are going at it. In the ring right now is a small grey Pokemon against a floating ball, oozing gas. They seem to be about the right age.

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    'I don't want to miss this Copycat girl. I always wanted to meet her.'

Romeo wanders around the outskirts of the house, trying to spot someone by the windows or something.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception roll: [roll0]
    You don't manage to find anybody outside the house or see anyone looking out the windows, but you do catch a glint of metal under the front rug. Investigating it, you find a hide-a-key.

Paul looks at the Center worker and shrugs.

Same old story. Creep here was a tad rough with this guy while we tried to catch him. Was going to see if you could bring him just to edge of consciousness so I can snag the cute little bugger and add him to the family.
    "What's wrong with trainers these days? I remember when there was honor involved in a capture," the nurse says, pulling out a syring. "It'll be ^200."

Show

23. - Top - End - #743

Paul rolls his eyes and hands over the cash. Don't talk to me about the good old days; I was there. And we pulled the same crap then. Sporting is nice when you can manage it, but in the end a catch is a catch. No one wants to be the trainer with a lot of high ideals and a belt of empty balls.

Paul uses Hardcase's thread to bind up the Sandshrew, and nods to the nurse to give the injection.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo shows the key to Ethan. 'What should we do? I'm not the type to barge in on someone's house uninvited, but I have a feeling she's playing with us. We open the door. If it seems like we weren't supposed to we get out, lock it and head somewhere else. Just a quick peek. That good?'

If this was anyone other than the infamous Copycat, he would never even suggest this.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmm. She probably is playing a game with us. I think the best bet is to play along. Lets head inside. Ethan waits for Romeo to unlock the door and move inside before approaching. He'd rather not be trapped if he can help it.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

26. - Top - End - #746
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis sends a text to everyone who was going ghost hunting (will be received around six ten), then sits and scans passing trainers' mons and any wilds passing.

Show

27. - Top - End - #747
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo looks a little uncertain, but nods. He opens the door and pokes his head through, taking a look around to see any hint that this is what they were supposed to be doing.

'Hello, we're looking far a Miss Copycat? Is anyone home?'

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy check: (1d20+5)[22]

28. - Top - End - #748
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald scans the pokemon, as well as any other pokemon out in the dojo.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-05-02 at 10:11 AM.

29. - Top - End - #749

5 balls, stopping as soon as one hits.

(1d100+5)[75]
    (1d100+5)[74]
    (1d100+5)[99]
    (1d100+5)[58]
    (1d100+5)[61]

30. - Top - End - #750
    Titan in the Playground

Thumbs down Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    Romeo looks a little uncertain, but nods. He opens the door and pokes his head through, taking a look around to see any hint that this is what they were supposed to be doing.

'Hello, we're looking far a Miss Copycat? Is anyone home?'

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy check: [roll0]
    Nobody comes out to talk, although you hear laughing from farther in the house.

Gerald scans the pokemon, as well as any other pokemon out in the dojo.
    The Pokemon are soon identified as Machop and Weezing. Besides them you also collect a Graveler scan.

5 balls, stopping as soon as one hits.

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    Each ball consecutively breaks, until finally the fourth one contains it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Level 8 Sandshrew, Hardy, Landslide, 6 HP

Artemis sends a text to everyone who was going ghost hunting (will be received around six ten), then sits and scans passing trainers' mons and any wilds passing.
    Soon enough you collect a few scans. In about an hour you get Slowpoke, Gallade, Grimer, Hoothoot, Munchlax, and Pidgeot.

Show