New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Well until you get stronger it's rock dodging. The tougher stuff they have would probably kill you.
    I can take it..... the Ralts says in a defeated tone.

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Perception on the obvious fake.
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    It seems to be Romeo, and you had heard him yelling upstairs. Maybe whatver is there is that bad. Maybe this house is just making you paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    A wide grin appears on Romeo's face. 'Ethan, is it mad that I want to head to the spot that says body disposal?' When you risked your life as much as Romeo, you learned not to let death threats scare you. Ghosts, yes, but not death threats. And that was what this was. A big forbidden sign that he just had to take a peek at.
    "No, it's not. I want to go there to," he says, grinning. "Maybe we could blackmail her?"

Quote Originally Posted by hustlertwo View Post
    Paul pats him.

Don't worry about it. Perhaps part of my change is that I need to learn to push all of you a little less and care a little more. The way I did back when it was all fresh and new for me. The worthless people in this city, with their taunts and hatred, they can go hang. But you guys, you're the ones who are there for me. And I'm going to start being there for you. You will know when it is time, and I will trust you to know it.

Is there anything you want? Perhaps something I can do to get back some of the happiness you have lost? A way to carry you that's a tad less fragrant, maybe?
    No like pants, it says. Want berries and Lady Kakuna.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

2. - Top - End - #812
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    show Up Post!

Show

3. - Top - End - #813
    Titan in the Playground

Explosives and Dark types? That's cute. The day you can fight me off without using a psychic move is the day you fight Dark types for training. As for the explosives, I was specifically told it was out of your range.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

4. - Top - End - #814
    Titan in the Playground

Romeo, what was upstairs? You have to speak to me. Ethan was starting to getting geniunly concerned. Something had to be really bad for Romeo to shut up.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

5. - Top - End - #815
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo gives Ethan a smack on the head. 'Why are you and Arte always so mean. Try being more like Gerald, just less unlucky. We came here looking for help. I'm not going to break into someone's house and blackmail her. That isn't how to win a game, that's cheating. I'm playing this to win.'

Romeo goes off to the 'Body disposal' area on the map.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

6. - Top - End - #816
    Firbolg in the Playground

Berries we might be able to do; make another store run tomorrow for you. Lady Kakuna, I'm less sure about. But I do know where to find a nice lady Joltik.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Titan in the Playground

Explosives and Dark types? That's cute. The day you can fight me off without using a psychic move is the day you fight Dark types for training. As for the explosives, I was specifically told it was out of your range.
    Whatever, the Ralts says, going back to sleep.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, battle was Sunkern and Timburr.

Romeo, what was upstairs? You have to speak to me. Ethan was starting to getting geniunly concerned. Something had to be really bad for Romeo to shut up.
    Romeo just shakes his head, pointing upstairs with a quivering hand. You follow his finger, only to see a massive Wailord doll float around the corner and start going down the stairs. Romeo panics and runs for the kitchen, a strange scream coming from him.

Spoiler
    Show
    New Perception.

Romeo gives Ethan a smack on the head. 'Why are you and Arte always so mean. Try being more like Gerald, just less unlucky. We came here looking for help. I'm not going to break into someone's house and blackmail her. That isn't how to win a game, that's cheating. I'm playing this to win.'

Romeo goes off to the 'Body disposal' area on the map.
    Ethan looks like he is about to hit you, but calms and follows you to the chute.

Soon enough you find yourself by a long chute that could easily fit a person. The red streaks on it would suggest a body has gone down it earlier.

"Can you see anything?" Ethan asks, standing a few feet away, looking at in disgust.

Spoiler
    Show
    Your turn for Perception.

Berries we might be able to do; make another store run tomorrow for you. Lady Kakuna, I'm less sure about. But I do know where to find a nice lady Joltik.
    The Kakuna radiates happy thoughts at that. Sound fun. We should do, it thinks. Thanks Paul. Like talk. Should talk more.

Show

8. - Top - End - #818
    Titan in the Playground

Please be better

(1d20+2)[17]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

9. - Top - End - #819
    Troll in the Playground

'Ethan, get back and get some pokemon out. You're smarter than this.'

Romeo tries touching the blood to determine if it was real or fake, while keeping one eye on Ethan, who was acting weird.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[4]
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

10. - Top - End - #820

Well, the talking hurts me a bit to do. But when I can manage it, we will. I'll see if we can't arrange that little love-in for you tonight.

Paul fires off a message to Gerald.

Hardcase says he's looking for love. Would be great if we could get him together with Sparky tonight. Might get us some eggs to use or trade. Let me know.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Titan in the Playground

More progress, though more forced than natural. It's an improvement. She reviews the new data, laughing as she reads the info on Sunkern. Even Romeo could fight one and win probably! The Timburr was more interesting. Strong, certainly, but stupid mons were a waste. Aquilla was a bit simple, but at least he was interesting. Where was everyone anyways? It was what? Six thirty? Later?

Show

12. - Top - End - #822
    Titan in the Playground

Please be better

[roll0]
    This time you notice that the Romeo is off. The scream was completely different from earlier. Just as you are about to yell at it, the Wailord slams into you, knocking you to the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    6 damage.

'Ethan, get back and get some pokemon out. You're smarter than this.'

Romeo tries touching the blood to determine if it was real or fake, while keeping one eye on Ethan, who was acting weird.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    "You're right, I am," he says, shoving you hard. You topple forward, falling down the chute. The man had shoved harder than Ethan could ever hope to muster.

You fly down the chute at breakneck speeds only to slam into the ground at the bottom. Ethan is laying on the ground nearby, blood oozing from a wound.

Well, the talking hurts me a bit to do. But when I can manage it, we will. I'll see if we can't arrange that little love-in for you tonight.

Paul fires off a message to Gerald.

Hardcase says he's looking for love. Would be great if we could get him together with Sparky tonight. Might get us some eggs to use or trade. Let me know.
    Hardcase seems content and goes to sleep.

More progress, though more forced than natural. It's an improvement. She reviews the new data, laughing as she reads the info on Sunkern. Even Romeo could fight one and win probably! The Timburr was more interesting. Strong, certainly, but stupid mons were a waste. Aquilla was a bit simple, but at least he was interesting. Where was everyone anyways? It was what? Six thirty? Later?
    It is currently about six thirty. Clouds are rolling in above the city; it will likely rain soon.

Show

13. - Top - End - #823
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald nods and heads to the Mart, checking his phone. He sends a general text out.
    -Found kid the right age with a rhyhorn and a desire for a nondescript type booster. Use caution, poison booster.
    Then he looks at Paul's, almost replying to the first when he sees the second. He glances to Sparky, who gives his head a nuzzle.
    -More joltiks is always a good thing. Sparky seems okay with the idea.
    Finally, he sees Artemis's.
    -Sorry, will try and join after making Boosters. Need the money.
    He then walks into the Mart.
    "Hi, need parts for five type boosters."

14. - Top - End - #824
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Gerald nods and heads to the Mart, checking his phone. He sends a general text out.
    -Found kid the right age with a rhyhorn and a desire for a nondescript type booster. Use caution, poison booster.
    Then he looks at Paul's, almost replying to the first when he sees the second. He glances to Sparky, who gives his head a nuzzle.
    -More joltiks is always a good thing. Sparky seems okay with the idea.
    Finally, he sees Artemis's.
    -Sorry, will try and join after making Boosters. Need the money.
    He then walks into the Mart.
    "Hi, need parts for five type boosters."
    The man hands you the parts for the appropriate boosters, giving you a multitude of metal, mind amplifiers, and needles, taking the ^4,000 the kids gave you.

Show

15. - Top - End - #825
    Titan in the Playground

What the--Ugh! Romeo! Thats not Ethan! Don't belive him, its all part of her game! Ethan yells at the top of his lungs after being slammed by the doll. He reaches for his belt for Ollie's ball but stops. He was probably still asleep. A thought occured to him and a smirk spreads arcross his face. He grabs Primal's ball and chucks it at the doll then tries to head up stairs. He wanted to have the monkey let off steam, might as well on a doll.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-05-03 at 12:25 AM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah, rain." She sniffs the air for that familiar scent that always precedes it and sighs happily. She slides the bench over Prolios to keep him out of the rain. Simple gestures. She looks at her phone, waiting for a text. Something must be wrong. She gets nervous, and thinks about calling them. After a minute she calls Ethan. She tries to remember if they were even going and it turned out she was worrying about nothing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And now we wait for them to catch up.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-05-03 at 12:39 AM.

Show

17. - Top - End - #827
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald manages to scoop it all into his toolkit, making sure it's all organized and proper before heading back. He finds a bench and sets his gear out, before getting to work. Simple to make, really. He manages to make each fairly quickly, weaving them into stylized bands woven from Sparky's silk, or some form of jewelry, incorporating elements of pokemon of the appropriate type when he can for some decoration. Generally turns out nice. After (you choose how long) he hands them out.

18. - Top - End - #828

Paul, still possessing the short attention span he had in his youth, waits only a few minutes without a response from Romeo before he looks for something else to do. He takes a lawn chair, sets it up outside the trailer, and sits down with his sleeping Kakuna in his lap and Buck meditating on the grass next to him. He scans the Pokemon that pass his way in the trailer park, and looks to see if any of the trainers who live near him are interested in a battle.

He also messages Gerald back.

Great. Should be at or near my palatial estate when you're ready.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Titan in the Playground

What the--Ugh! Romeo! Thats not Ethan! Don't belive him, its all part of her game! Ethan yells at the top of his lungs after being slammed by the doll. He reaches for his belt for Ollie's ball but stops. He was probably still asleep. A thought occured to him and a smirk spreads arcross his face. He grabs Primal's ball and chucks it at the doll then tries to head up stairs. He wanted to have the monkey let off steam, might as well on a doll.
    The Mankey gives a new meaning to the word "Ape ****." Soon the Wailord doll is nothing but a pile of stuffing on the ground. The Mankey continues his rage, only to be levitated into the air, unable to reach the ground. The "Romeo" grins and starts to melt into a pile of pink goo, sliding away into the kitchen. It's a Ditto! She has Ditto!

Gerald manages to scoop it all into his toolkit, making sure it's all organized and proper before heading back. He finds a bench and sets his gear out, before getting to work. Simple to make, really. He manages to make each fairly quickly, weaving them into stylized bands woven from Sparky's silk, or some form of jewelry, incorporating elements of pokemon of the appropriate type when he can for some decoration. Generally turns out nice. After (you choose how long) he hands them out.
    It takes you a little over an hour, but soon enough you have the appropriate boosters made. As you hand them out the kids hand you their money and immediately call out their Pokemon. That is, except the one who wanted the Poison booster.

Paul, still possessing the short attention span he had in his youth, waits only a few minutes without a response from Romeo before he looks for something else to do. He takes a lawn chair, sets it up outside the trailer, and sits down with his sleeping Kakuna in his lap and Buck meditating on the grass next to him. He scans the Pokemon that pass his way in the trailer park, and looks to see if any of the trainers who live near him are interested in a battle.

He also messages Gerald back.

Great. Should be at or near my palatial estate when you're ready.
    An old man near you with barely any teeth looks pike a suitible candidate for a battle. He also seems quite drunk.

Show

20. - Top - End - #830
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo rips his shirt off and tries to press it to the open wound. With his other hand he gets his pokegear and sends a text message to everyone else.

-help. ethan dying. ghosts. trapped here-

He tries to treat Ethan as best he can. 'Stay with me buddy. I thought this was a game, I was wrong. I shouldn't have made you come.'

Spoiler
    Show
    Even though I know this isn't Ethan, IC Romeo would still burn his feature.

TLC: Target regains (1d20+5)[16] hp

21. - Top - End - #831
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald takes the cash and scans the mon.
    "I'm going to end up here fairly often, so tell your friends. Thanks for the business."
    With that, he walks towards the Saffron Center to get himself and Sparky patched up.
    (Arc, do I get to heal before the text comes in?)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-05-03 at 11:39 AM.

22. - Top - End - #832

Paul had just heaved his bulk out of the grateful chair when he heard the text alert ring. Seeing it, he lept into action to the extent that he was able, locking up the place, tucking Hardcase under one arm, and motioning for the erstwhile Buck to come along.

Copycat. That wench. Romeo's in trouble, that means we gotta go, y'all. Can't let a fan down.

They rumble back into town, heading for Copycat's house.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Titan in the Playground

A Ditto! Ethan dashes after the glob (scanning it if he can), trying not to loose it before it can change form again. He completly forgot about Romeo. The ditto was more dangerous than the Copycat. As Ethan chases it, he retrieves his pistol from its hidden holster, ready to use it if neccesary.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

24. - Top - End - #834
    Titan in the Playground

The text just now reaches Artemis, three hours late. Stupid walls blocking signal. She stops calling, recalls Prolios and runs to where she believes the house is (unless she meets them on the way).

Show

25. - Top - End - #835
    Titan in the Playground

Romeo rips his shirt off and tries to press it to the open wound. With his other hand he gets his pokegear and sends a text message to everyone else.

-help. ethan dying. ghosts. trapped here-

He tries to treat Ethan as best he can. 'Stay with me buddy. I thought this was a game, I was wrong. I shouldn't have made you come.'

Spoiler
    Show
    Even though I know this isn't Ethan, IC Romeo would still burn his feature.

TLC: Target regains [roll0] hp
    Despite your best efforts, the body soon begins to spasm before going still, the heart stopped.

Gerald takes the cash and scans the mon.
    "I'm going to end up here fairly often, so tell your friends. Thanks for the business."
    With that, he walks towards the Saffron Center to get himself and Sparky patched up.
    (Arc, do I get to heal before the text comes in?)
    The text arrives when you are about halfway to the Center.

Paul had just heaved his bulk out of the grateful chair when he heard the text alert ring. Seeing it, he lept into action to the extent that he was able, locking up the place, tucking Hardcase under one arm, and motioning for the erstwhile Buck to come along.

Copycat. That wench. Romeo's in trouble, that means we gotta go, y'all. Can't let a fan down.

They rumble back into town, heading for Copycat's house.
    It takes you awhile; the house is little known after all, but in about a half hour you find yourself inside the house.

A Ditto! Ethan dashes after the glob (scanning it if he can), trying not to loose it before it can change form again. He completly forgot about Romeo. The ditto was more dangerous than the Copycat. As Ethan chases it, he retrieves his pistol from its hidden holster, ready to use it if neccesary.
    You run around the corner, looking to take down the Ditto...

But it is nowhere to be found. What is to be found is a bloody arm on the ground, Romeo's shirt sleeve still attached.

The text just now reaches Artemis, three hours late. Stupid walls blocking signal. She stops calling, recalls Prolios and runs to where she believes the house is (unless she meets them on the way).
    (Don't know how long they'll be stuck yet.)

Show

26. - Top - End - #836

Right before entering, Paul brings Hardcase up so he is looking eye to eye with him.

OK pal, sorry to wake you up but we have a bad situation here. Couple of those guys you've seen me with are apparently in trouble in here, and it's the kind of place where anything could be happening. If it's all right with you I want to tie you to the back of my head, so that we insure nothing sneaks up on either of us. And don't worry, we'll have Buck here to keep the peace. Any ghosts try something with him around and he'll bash them so hard their bodies grow back.

Unless the Kakuna objects, Paul ties him on, motions to Buck to stay next to him, and enters the strange house.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Titan in the Playground

I've seen what you and your Ditto can do Copycat. I'm not falling for it! A tinge of fear resides in the back of Ethan's head. A fear that it was no illusion. Ethan does not approach the arm, fearing it was the Ditto. He instead scans it with his pokedex, hoping if it is the Ditto, the 'dex will pick it up.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

28. - Top - End - #838
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald looks at the text, up at the distance to the center left, and sighs. He dials Romeo.
    "Got word, help's on the way. Fortify if possible. What's going on right now? Where is this house"
    He holds the phone to Sparky, who props it up on his shoulder as he grabs his stuff. Once he has a heading, he sprints towards it.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Troll in the Playground

'It's too late. She got Ethan. He's dead.' Tears were running down his face as he cradles the body.

'COME OUT COPYCAT, YOU BITCH! FACE ME RIGHT NOW!'

30. - Top - End - #840
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Romeo. Romeo, focus. Focus on my words. If it's him, there's nothing you can do, but I can walk you through flushing her out. If it's not him, it's a danger. Either way, he would understand this next part. Can you remove the head? It's the easiest way to be sure. Alternately, check his pad and dex for a file called neurojack.exe."
    He doesn't slow, though he laments the potential loss.