New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

Artemis thinks for a moment. She could probably talk to Romeo. He could go through a street on the Psychic side of town and still walk. Just her talking to him should only give a minor headache.
    Romeo, sorry if this hurts, but I don't know how subtlety Ethan can talk to you. Stacy was offered 15 000 to sell you out to the muscly guy over there. She turned it down before, but may not now. Watch out for yourself. Be quick, and don't draw the big guy's attention.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo clutches his head in pain. 'Aww, you do care. Thanks Arte, will get this done fast as possible.'

'Lets get this done. We ready Ethan?'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Titan in the Playground

She rolls her eyes. Just don't get yourself killed. We'd have to find another negotiator, and I kind of find the current one fun to screw with. She realized what she said only after she finished speaking. Judge it brain, what the Void!?
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-05-12 at 02:48 PM.

Show

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

I'm too much of a known entity to Jordan-to most of the people here, probably, as I stand out. That's a poison booster, which I sold to him to try and find the mark. Does anyone have any issues with me quickly engaging him in a friendly fashion, namely pointing out how to use it?

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming Arte relays the message.

Tell Gerald to stay low. If he's that recognizable, we don't want him intentionally making himself known.

Ethan checks himself once more to make sure he looked the part. He looked tired thanks to the make up but he'd have to sell it too. He takes a deep breath. Ready. Follow my lead.

Ethan starts towards the kid, half jogging, half speed walking trying to look excited and anxious at the same time. When he reaches the child he puts his hand on the kids shoulder to get his attention. Oh thank Arceus we found you! Tell me, is your name Jordan!? Have you recently caught a Slugma? Oh thank Arceus we found you! He pushes a stray hair out of his field of vision. Good, that made it look convincing.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo used his suer sexy powers to see if there was any chance this kid could be seduced.

Spoiler
    Show
    Know your Audience

Beat a 10: (1d20+5)[18]
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Titan in the Playground

Romeo, you know that requires me to actually be willing to go through with that, right?
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-05-12 at 10:43 PM.

Show

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Troll in the Playground

'Arte, if you don't get outta my head, I CAN DO NOTHING! I can't function while you scan me. Please do it as little as possible, I'm working.'

It was one of the few times when Arte sensed Romeo being serious, and defiantly the only other time he had snapped at her since Hank.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming Arte relays the message.

Tell Gerald to stay low. If he's that recognizable, we don't want him intentionally making himself known.

Ethan checks himself once more to make sure he looked the part. He looked tired thanks to the make up but he'd have to sell it too. He takes a deep breath. Ready. Follow my lead.

Ethan starts towards the kid, half jogging, half speed walking trying to look excited and anxious at the same time. When he reaches the child he puts his hand on the kids shoulder to get his attention. Oh thank Arceus we found you! Tell me, is your name Jordan!? Have you recently caught a Slugma? Oh thank Arceus we found you! He pushes a stray hair out of his field of vision. Good, that made it look convincing.
    The kid looks at you in shock, taking an aggressive stance.

"How do you know about the Slugma? Nobody is supposed to know," he says, looking at you in both fear and anger. "I haven't even used it yet!"

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    Romeo used his suer sexy powers to see if there was any chance this kid could be seduced.

Spoiler
    Show
    Know your Audience

Beat a 10: [roll0]
    The kid seems to like women; it'd be a hard sell, even for you. You might just be able to pull it off though.

Spoiler
    Show
    You'd take a -10 penalty.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Understood. Going to get used to right arm, keep me in the loop.
    He heads in and looks for a punching bag that's free, scanning anything that may be out.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry for scaring you. I'm just so glad I found the little guy. We are with Silph Co and the Slugma you caught is actually the property of Silph Co. We egineered it but its a prototype. I was the one who over saw the breeding of it. We place trackers in all our patients incase they get out by accident. Thats how we found you.

At this point Ethan kneels down to the kids level and lowers his voice somewhat, trying to sound more serious.

Listen. It is imperative we get this Slugma back. It is for your saftey and the saftey of the city. Since its a prototype, its not finished yet. It has errors. Dangerous errors. I implore you, please let us take it back, for its own good. One of its siblings already died because we didn't know of its faults. We can save it, but only if we can get him in the proper facilities in time. I don't even want to think what will happen if we don't get it back in time... Ethan trails off in the end with a look of fear, pain and suffering on his face.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Understood. Going to get used to right arm, keep me in the loop.
    He heads in and looks for a punching bag that's free, scanning anything that may be out.
    You scan a Lucario blasting punching bags with pulses of energy.

You soon find a punching bag that is open. Your arm garners you some weird looks, but nobody stops you.

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Sorry for scaring you. I'm just so glad I found the little guy. We are with Silph Co and the Slugma you caught is actually the property of Silph Co. We egineered it but its a prototype. I was the one who over saw the breeding of it. We place trackers in all our patients incase they get out by accident. Thats how we found you.

At this point Ethan kneels down to the kids level and lowers his voice somewhat, trying to sound more serious.

Listen. It is imperative we get this Slugma back. It is for your saftey and the saftey of the city. Since its a prototype, its not finished yet. It has errors. Dangerous errors. I implore you, please let us take it back, for its own good. One of its siblings already died because we didn't know of its faults. We can save it, but only if we can get him in the proper facilities in time. I don't even want to think what will happen if we don't get it back in time... Ethan trails off in the end with a look of fear, pain and suffering on his face.
    "Errors? That can't be right," the kid mutters, shadows of doubt crossing his face, but he sounds concerned.

"He seems healthy and strong. Anyways, he was in the wild. I caught him fair and square," he says, looking stubborn. "He's not going to die while I own him. He's my Pokemon, and you aren't taking him!" he says, almost shouting at this point.

He then seems to calm down. "Look, I caught him. If he dies, he'll die under my care. You guys lost him, I found him. How's it go? 'Finders keepers losers weepers?'"

Show

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Satisfied with it, he takes his coat off, rolls his sleeves up, and begins with light jabs. Strength was never his strong suit, but speed...speed he could do. Compared to the other people, there was the discipline of a rookie, but it'd been two years since he could do any of this. Right, right, left, right...
    He began picking up speed, as he kept punching the bag, and glances over to the lucario. Last time he saw one was Mars...he was always an interesting one. Righteous despite the blood on his claws, or Alistar's hands. Alistar...in some ways, the catalyst for his current situation. The one that showed that technically, there was a way out aside from death. That you could question Stradford. (Right right left, right right left, right right left...)
    But the one that made it so future attempts to lessen the bloodshed would be met poorly. Still...what would the chances be? (rightrightleftrightrightletrightrightleftrightrig htleft)
    Can't hurt. Oh, Arte, stay away from blue hound pokemon. Lucarios and riolus can read auras.
    He stops after a final left, before moving over a bit to look at the lucario better, memories of Mars and Alistar.
    "I know this may be a bit silly to expect, but...you don't happen to be named Mars, do you?"

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Titan in the Playground

I'm outside snoozing on a park bench. I think I'm in minimal danger.

Show

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Not if they walk outside. Wait...and I'm right here near said lucario that can read my thoughts. Muking perfect-just run if I say to run.
    "She's an okay one. I think. Unovan, not from here, not part of the politics."

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Satisfied with it, he takes his coat off, rolls his sleeves up, and begins with light jabs. Strength was never his strong suit, but speed...speed he could do. Compared to the other people, there was the discipline of a rookie, but it'd been two years since he could do any of this. Right, right, left, right...
    He began picking up speed, as he kept punching the bag, and glances over to the lucario. Last time he saw one was Mars...he was always an interesting one. Righteous despite the blood on his claws, or Alistar's hands. Alistar...in some ways, the catalyst for his current situation. The one that showed that technically, there was a way out aside from death. That you could question Stradford. (Right right left, right right left, right right left...)
    But the one that made it so future attempts to lessen the bloodshed would be met poorly. Still...what would the chances be? (rightrightleftrightrightletrightrightleftrightrig htleft)
    Can't hurt. Oh, Arte, stay away from blue hound pokemon. Lucarios and riolus can read auras.
    He stops after a final left, before moving over a bit to look at the lucario better, memories of Mars and Alistar.
    "I know this may be a bit silly to expect, but...you don't happen to be named Mars, do you?"
    The Lucario flashes you a grin before blasting its punching bag across the room, then turning to head into the back rooms of the complex.

Show

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"...Wonder what was so amusing."
    With a shrug, he goes back to the bag. Right right left...

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis's mind returns to the negotiating group. 'Finders keepers, losers weapers?' Seriously? Ethan, you want me to make him piss his pants if Romeo can't fix this? I could. I'm creative that way.
    She switches to Romeo.
    Sorry to intrude again. Try to get him to understand how dangerous it is. He thinks it's just unhealthy. Tell him it is a hazard to the city. Less 'hardens and dies' bad and more 'the town becomes a molten radiation zone' bad. Tell him we'll try and make sure that this one lives and will return it to him when we fix these errors. She sighs. I hate kids. Can't ever be respectful. You weren't exactly yourself. But never that bad. What's the difference? Degree, subject matter. Seems a fine line. They were preventing me from pursuing goals! Focus! You're missing information! Right.

Show

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Troll in the Playground

'Arte, thanks for saying sorry, but did you listen to a word I said? Out my head. I know how to do this. This is like, pretty much the whole reason they hired me.'

He walks forward, giving his temples a guick rub. He grabs Ethan by the shoulder and pulls him out of the road. Yes it was rude, but he needed to look like he was the one in-charge. 'Listen boy.' He took off his false galsses and gave them a quick polish. 'Mister Schwartz. Silph Co. legal and accounting. They bring me in when things get into the legal territory. Look, I'm not a scientist. I don't believe half of what these scientists say. That whole thing about the entire city being in danger might be true, it might not be. But I deal in possibilities. I'm here to sort out what heppens if things go wrong.'

'What will you do when the Slugma gets sick? If you refuse to give it to us for treatment, we will no longer be able to offer you help. We'll pretend it was never ours, and all responsibility will fall on you. So what will you do when it get's so hot it burns other pokemon just be being around them? What will you do when the radiation from the slugma causes your hair to fall out and your balls to stop working. What will you do when your loved once develop cancer from exposure to it? Can you answer that? What about when it gets so hot it burns the flesh on your skin just to pick up it's ball? When it starts to your other pokemon in their own balls? Cos by then we'll pretend we never heard of it. It'll be too late then.'

'And then there is the absolute worst case scenario. What if the tech boys are right? What if it does take out half the city? Whose fault will it be then? Ours? We tried to prevent that from happening. It'll be yours boy! Cos you were too stupid and selfish to see beyond your own needs. Cos rather than do the smart thing and let us treat your slugma and get it fixed, then hopefully get it back to you when it's safe, you let it get worse till we can do nothing.'

He pulled out a card with his pokegear number on it. 'This is my number. You have 24 hours to make your decision. After that, Silph and it's subsiduaries will dissavow all knowledge of the pokemon in question. And I know that if the pokemon isn't back by then, me and 500 other high ranking Silph Co. employees will be on a jet to Unova. I have no desire to stay here and find out what happens.' He looks over the rim of his glasses at the youth to see his next move.

Spoiler
    Show
    Help me dice godess!

Charisma Check: (1d20+5)[23]

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    'Arte, thanks for saying sorry, but did you listen to a word I said? Out my head. I know how to do this. This is like, pretty much the whole reason they hired me.'

He walks forward, giving his temples a guick rub. He grabs Ethan by the shoulder and pulls him out of the road. Yes it was rude, but he needed to look like he was the one in-charge. 'Listen boy.' He took off his false galsses and gave them a quick polish. 'Mister Schwartz. Silph Co. legal and accounting. They bring me in when things get into the legal territory. Look, I'm not a scientist. I don't believe half of what these scientists say. That whole thing about the entire city being in danger might be true, it might not be. But I deal in possibilities. I'm here to sort out what heppens if things go wrong.'

'What will you do when the Slugma gets sick? If you refuse to give it to us for treatment, we will no longer be able to offer you help. We'll pretend it was never ours, and all responsibility will fall on you. So what will you do when it get's so hot it burns other pokemon just be being around them? What will you do when the radiation from the slugma causes your hair to fall out and your balls to stop working. What will you do when your loved once develop cancer from exposure to it? Can you answer that? What about when it gets so hot it burns the flesh on your skin just to pick up it's ball? When it starts to your other pokemon in their own balls? Cos by then we'll pretend we never heard of it. It'll be too late then.'

'And then there is the absolute worst case scenario. What if the tech boys are right? What if it does take out half the city? Whose fault will it be then? Ours? We tried to prevent that from happening. It'll be yours boy! Cos you were too stupid and selfish to see beyond your own needs. Cos rather than do the smart thing and let us treat your slugma and get it fixed, then hopefully get it back to you when it's safe, you let it get worse till we can do nothing.'

He pulled out a card with his pokegear number on it. 'This is my number. You have 24 hours to make your decision. After that, Silph and it's subsiduaries will dissavow all knowledge of the pokemon in question. And I know that if the pokemon isn't back by then, me and 500 other high ranking Silph Co. employees will be on a jet to Unova. I have no desire to stay here and find out what happens.' He looks over the rim of his glasses at the youth to see his next move.

Spoiler
    Show
    Help me dice godess!

Charisma Check: [roll0]
    The kid looks at you in fear. "It actuallly will blow up the city?" he says, apparently in shock.

"I- I need time to think," he says, taking your card. "I'll call you when we should meet."

Show

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Troll in the Playground

'Very well. You have 24 hours. After that time, we withdraw the offer and deny all knowledge of the Slugma. Please phone me with your answer soon. Come, Dr Lovestrange' he barks at Ethan. Again, he'd need to apologise for shouting at him, but it was all about the right attitude. Right now Romeo needed all the authority he could get.

Romeo walks out of the building, not waiting on Ethan or checking on the others.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Titan in the Playground

Romeo finds himself quickly tackled to the grass by the gym, a 140 pound weight on his chest kissing him fervently. "That. Was. Amazing!" I heard the whole thing through Ethan. You were incredible! I was worried this was going to go terribly wrong, and then you started talking and even I began to believe it, and I knew it was a lie! Wait, sorry, headaches, right.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-05-13 at 12:25 PM.

Show

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Titan in the Playground

Yes sir! Ethan bows quickly to the child before chasing Romeo out the door.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Troll in the Playground

'I told you, it's what I do. And you can talk while we make out, cool!'

'Ethan, sorry for being an ass in there, but I needed to stay in character. And now, if Arte will get off me, we should run for it. A very large hitman is waiting inside and could possibly be informed by my one-night-stand. So lets get going. Paul and Gerald can watch for us.'

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan grabs both Artemis' and Romeo's ears and yanks them forward onto their feet. Artemis! You should know better! We might still be seen. Celebrate later when we are in private. Ethan was not pleased. Good work in there though.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-05-13 at 12:44 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." She smiles to Romeo. Oh we will. Artemis grabs Ethan's wrist, slightly crushing it. "Now please let go of my ear." She pats off any grass stuck to her or Romeo. "And so now we wait, correct?"

Show

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Troll in the Playground

'Run first, wait later. Rule 3 of being chased by a hitman, don't hang about. Back to the cafe?'

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Titan in the Playground

"Sounds good to me." Muk, stuck in these stupid clothes for a while longer.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-05-13 at 03:50 PM.

Show

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan chuckles as Artemis tries to crush a wrist sheathed in titanium alloy but releases his grip on both of them.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Titan in the Playground

The moment passed, Artemis remembers the others. Paul, Gerald, come on! The boy should be calling us when he finally decides to give it up. We're meeting at the café.

Show