New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

"Both fine here. We need to collect the balls so I can repair them, though."

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Titan in the Playground

"On it." Artemis digs through the grass, finding her ball and the two that Romeo threw. Spotting the glowing ball that caught the Scyther, she picks that up too, floating it in the center of the group. "So who gets it? No offense Paul, but you have got a full team while we have barely functionally ones. If you want it that's fine, but based on the condition of the team, it's a bit unequal."
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Firbolg in the Playground

Paul picks up the capsule.

And boom goes the Voltorb. That's how it's done, boys and girls. Taking notes is recommended.

He looks over the Pikachu.

Come to me, little guy. Let me look you over. Would you like to be taken for a meal?

4. - Top - End - #1414

Paul looks at Artemis with his usual disdain.

I think we all know who you mean, toots. Just because you're bending over for Romeo doesn't mean the rest of us have to. But I suppose in the interest of community and togetherness and all that annoying tripe, Ol' King here will be available to you sorry sots whenever you want. I'll need all of your help anyhow; breaking an alpha is always a dicey prospect. Not even going to attempt it today; we'll save that for after the kid, when we have time to spend on busting him down and patching the wounds that result.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Titan in the Playground

"In the interest of keeping peace between what I can only loosely call a team, I will avoid justifying your former comment. I was speaking about the majority of this team, not just myself or dimwit over there. Some of us were busy actually doing things rather than just fight random sucker trainers for training, so pardon me for not wanting any one person to be the key member of the team. Good luck breaking King on your own, if you believe yourself to be so special that you don't need the rest of us." Artemis begins following the path in the grass made by Elly after the Scyther. "If anyone needs me I'll be busy helping Elly carry another catch back so we can capture it rather than let it go to waste." She storms off, an arrow flying into her quiver as she goes.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-05-17 at 11:20 PM.

Show

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Titan in the Playground

Settle you two. Paul caught it but we are a team, whether we like it or not. And it is in the best interest of the team for that Scyther to give it to who can make most use of it. Paul and my self have the fullest and strongest teams, followed by Artemis, then Romeo and finally Gerald. And given his track record, I'd say something as strong as that Scyther won't die easily. I say Gerald should get it. After its broken of course. He will be very rebellious, he was a pack leader and that coloring isn't just for show. He will probably more stubborn than any Pokemon any of us have ever encountered. It will be a team effort to just keep it in line.

Ethan spoke firmly, but fairly. He was trying to be civil and the mediator between the too. Someone had to.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    2k XP, 2.4 for Aces.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Muk no."
    He doesn't look up from the pikachu as he continues.
    "You don't give the omega an alpha. You let it butt heads with someone higher up, maybe use the omega to break its will, but you don't flat out give the omega another pack's alpha. Besides, it's not just about sturdiness. It's about luck. I'm looking for one that looks like it's been through the worst life could throw at it and kept on going. THAT is what I need."

9. - Top - End - #1419

Already said King's available whenever any of you need it. That's the end of it. Where was this concern about the teams of others when you got Mjolnir, Ethan? Time to put your money where your mouth is. Either give him that metal monstrosity of yours, or shut it and let's continue on with helping them catch knife-boys of their own.

Paul stares at the researcher coolly.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

He looks up, and glares at both.
    "Both of you knock it off! Those were gifts, and it doesn't do to give a gift away. Without Mjolnir, Ethan's team is weakened considerably considering Primal doesn't listen, where mine all do. Romeo has a team going despite the weakness to fighting, and has the potential to become decent at least, strong at best. Also, if we find any steel types, you guys take them. Personally, I hate the judged things. Bad memories."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-05-17 at 11:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan smirks slightly. First, Mjolnir is by no means a 'metal monstrosity.' Later if and when it evolves fully, than it would be an appropriate derisive desscription. On top of that, his only move is Take Down. Up until he evolves, his greatest asset of survivablity is offset by his only attack method. In a straight up fight against that Scyther, the Scyther would win hands down. And as Gerald has pointed out, Mjolnir along with Puck, Zoophy, Divilium, Sim, and Kabuta were all gifts from Copycat, someone you seem to have met personally. Would you disrespect her gift and kindness by simply giving away the gift she picked specifically for you? If you would, well, I feel sorry for you.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

12. - Top - End - #1422

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    He looks up, and glares at both.
    "Both of you knock it off! Those were gifts, and it doesn't do to give a gift away. Without Mjolnir, Ethan's team is weakened considerably considering Primal doesn't listen, where mine all do. Romeo has a team going despite the weakness to fighting, and has the potential to become decent at least, strong at best. Also, if we find any steel types, you guys take them. Personally, I hate the judged things. Bad memories."
    Surprise is etched on Paul's face as the usually quiet Gerald explodes.

Knocking it off is what I was looking for from the start. Now let me see if I can get these Pikachu to surrender to us willingly. If not, be prepared to chuck balls at 'em.

13. - Top - End - #1423

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Ethan smirks slightly. First, Mjolnir is by no means a 'metal monstrosity.' Later if and when it evolves fully, than it would be an appropriate derisive desscription. On top of that, his only move is Take Down. Up until he evolves, his greatest asset of survivablity is offset by his only attack method. In a straight up fight against that Scyther, the Scyther would win hands down. And as Gerald has pointed out, Mjolnir along with Puck, Zoophy, Divilium, Sim, and Kabuta were all gifts from Copycat, someone you seem to have met personally. Would you disrespect her gift and kindness by simply giving away the gift she picked specifically for you? If you would, well, I feel sorry for you.
    Paul rolls his eyes.

All I hear is blah blah I'm a hypocrite blah blah. Hand him Quartz, then. Or better yet, just hush. Need to focus.

He reaches out again to the Pikachu.

Come over, little one. Bring the others. As you can see, we just want to protect you and tend to your wounds. Do not fear us; if we wished you harm, we would have done something when the bugs appeared. All we want is to take you somewhere safe, where no predators will hunt you again. Food is plentiful, sheltes cool and warm whenever you desire. Come with us.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald's eyes narrow at Ethan and he pulls out his pistol. Kneecapping normally solves mouthy sonsof-
    *poke*
    He blinks, and looks to Sparky before looking down at his hand. He drops the gun, hand shaking as he realizes he nearly shot a team mate.
    "L...look. Don't make it confrontational right now. Don't make me step in. I don't know how to do that safely. The Steelix Tails didn't exactly teach good people skills, if you catch my drift."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-05-18 at 12:35 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan pulls out a small yellow crystal from his satchel. He slowly approaches the Pikachu that other one is poking. Don't worry little one. I'm here to help. Hopefully this will help. Ethan applies the Revive to the Pikachu.

Spoiler
    Show
    Revived and set to 20 if it ain't dead.
    The stone, which would normally just be absorbed into the Pikachu, has no effect. It seems to be dead. Quick tests on the other downed ones give similair results. Only the three remain, and one looks about to fall unconcious from its injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by hustlertwo View Post
    Paul rolls his eyes.

All I hear is blah blah I'm a hypocrite blah blah. Hand him Quartz, then. Or better yet, just hush. Need to focus.

He reaches out again to the Pikachu.

Come over, little one. Bring the others. As you can see, we just want to protect you and tend to your wounds. Do not fear us; if we wished you harm, we would have done something when the bugs appeared. All we want is to take you somewhere safe, where no predators will hunt you again. Food is plentiful, sheltes cool and warm whenever you desire. Come with us.
    You get feelings of overwhelming grief from the Pikachu as it realizes its companion will not be waking up. It seems to preoccupied with that to realize that you are making an offer. It starts making a high pitched wail, which the other two survivors soon match, mourning the loss of over half their pack.

Show

16. - Top - End - #1426

sorry, little one. We did the best we could.

The others can see the sadness of the Pikachu forcibly reflected in Paul's eyes thanks to the mental connection.

Be gentle with them. They're taking it all pretty hard.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald looks to Sparky for advice, and she pats him on the face gently. Shrugging, he goes over to the pikachus, and gently pats the wounded one and one of the non wounded.
    "Um..."
    He has absolutely no clue what to say.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan returns the crsytal to his satchel. At least it wasn't wasted on a dead mon. I'm sorry, I wish I could help. That was true. But not for the reasons of the others. The little mouse would have a been a welcome addition to his team but he didn't see catching one in the cards. Not without the same issues he had with Quartz and still with Primal. He didn't want to deal with that.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis laughs at the bickering. Good to get out of that quickly. Maybe one of them will kill Paul. Fatass would be gone and they'd lose a lot of dead weight... Okay, that joke was bad. Glad Elly bent the grass or Artemis would never find her. After about fifty feet she found a very angry looking Elly standing over a very beaten up looking Scyther. Still living it seemed, but it was safe to approach. "Hey Elly, remember me?" Elly growls for a second. Right, only interaction was based on Arte having her trainer nearly killed and then cut off from one of the Psychics. "We made up about that, don't worry." Wonder whether she responds better to telepathy or verbal communication? The Umbreon is still distrustful, but after sniffing her recognizes Romeo's smell on her, and starts licking Artemis. "Okay, okay! Hey, help me move this oversized bug to the group?" She lifts the upper body of the Scyther, trying to avoid damaging the wings any further that Elly already had. Elly lifts up the legs and lower body, resting it on her back.

After a few minutes and several fumbles, they have the oversized mantid back to the clearing. "Seeing as Romeo and myself were responsible for this one, I propose one of us get it. Probably Romeo, seeing as I only brought it back but his 'mon did all the work."

Show

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo looks spitefully at the others. 'These pikachu lost their friends, and all you three could do was bicker and argue over posession of a pokemon. It literally took their howls of grief for you to stop. Well I hope you are all happy. Not an hour ago we were celebration a job well done, and now you lot are at each others throats. Pokemon aren't mere tools. They aren't property. They most certainly are not trading cards to be bartered and swaped, so grow up. All of you. I might be an idiot, but at least I have a heart.'

He returned both Puck and Luna. They were both too young to be witnessing death so close. He had noticed Puck was showing signs of evolution, and would look at that later. 'Thank you Artemis. A scyther would offset my teams massive weakness to fighting types greatly, but if you or the others wish it, take it. Right now I'm more worried about these little guys. We can set about patching the Scyther upa after.' He tried his best to comfort the poor Pikachu.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll for Elly's traced Pick-up ability(1d20)[11]
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Titan in the Playground

Ollie dissapears into the grass for a moment before sounding his trumpet and returning to Ethan's side.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[6] Pickup
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Gerald looks to Sparky for advice, and she pats him on the face gently. Shrugging, he goes over to the pikachus, and gently pats the wounded one and one of the non wounded.
    "Um..."
    He has absolutely no clue what to say.
    The Pikachu both clamp onto your legs, and in a few seconds both are moist with blood and tears.

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    Romeo looks spitefully at the others. 'These pikachu lost their friends, and all you three could do was bicker and argue over posession of a pokemon. It literally took their howls of grief for you to stop. Well I hope you are all happy. Not an hour ago we were celebration a job well done, and now you lot are at each others throats. Pokemon aren't mere tools. They aren't property. They most certainly are not trading cards to be bartered and swaped, so grow up. All of you. I might be an idiot, but at least I have a heart.'

He returned both Puck and Luna. They were both too young to be witnessing death so close. He had noticed Puck was showing signs of evolution, and would look at that later. 'Thank you Artemis. A scyther would offset my teams massive weakness to fighting types greatly, but if you or the others wish it, take it. Right now I'm more worried about these little guys. We can set about patching the Scyther upa after.' He tried his best to comfort the poor Pikachu.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll for Elly's traced Pick-up ability[roll0]
    The last Pikachu slowly walks over to you, head low, feet dragging.

Elly walks back, a blue Pokeball clutched in her mouth.

Spoiler
    Show
    Great Ball!

Ollie dissapears into the grass for a moment before sounding his trumpet and returning to Ethan's side.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0] Pickup
    Spoiler
    Show
    X Defense!

Show

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Titan in the Playground

She sets the Scyther down on its chest, again to make sure that its wings would not be damaged. "You sure? Thanks." She looks at the Pikachu. They were pretty effective battlers when they grew up. Fast, fairly strong. Still, best wait to catch one. Might as well try befriending one through. She slowly approaches the wounded one clinging to Gerald's leg.Are you okay? Those Scyther were absolutely brutal. That man over there could probably fix you up, if you just move over to him, She says, pointing to Romeo. She didn't dare touch one though unless they initiated it. The 'dex said something about powerful static discharge as a defense measure, and she didn't want to spark that if she could help it. "If someone wants to begin seeing to that Scyther, I could probably catch it if its condition still isn't that good."
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-05-18 at 09:36 AM.

Show

24. - Top - End - #1434

Paul bids adieu to the weakened Pikachu clutching at Romeo. I think you'll like life with this one. You might want to give it a try.

He releases the bond to free the Pikachu up for catching.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Never learned how to have a heart."
    Sparky begins weaving tourniquets to stem the bleeding as Gerald looks down. He'd dealt with people clutching his leg while bleeding and crying before, but strangely enough, kick them off did not seem like the right response.
    "Um...guys, what do I do? Not used to this situation."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-05-18 at 09:48 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Troll in the Playground

'Just wait Gerald. I'll get to those ones in a second. I'll heal the pikachus before anything to do with the Scythers. If we wake them back up, the pikas might shock them to death out of fear.' He reached down and picked up the pikachu. He gave it a hug then started healing it. 'Don't worry, Romeo will make you feel a bit better.'

Spoiler
    Show
    Heal all 3 pikas for 20 hp each. Lose 300.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Meant hugs, Romeo. How do you comfort someone? Indoctrinated to not care about death, so how do you...how do you help?"
    He just looks confused, like someone mourning those close to them is unusual.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Titan in the Playground

"You have a family that you care about, right? Or at least one person in it? It's what you'd do if they were hurt and you wanted them to feel better."

Show

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo goes over and hugs Gerald.

'Like this. Not to tight to hurt, but strong enough that they know you are there for them if they need it.'

He stops hugging Gerald and looks at the pikachus. 'So would you three like to come with us? We can protect and care for you. And you'll stick together, cos we're a team.'

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald just looks at Arte blankly before taking out his pokeballs.
    "All I've ever had that fits your criteria, and two joined recently. So...you mean I should beat the scyther to death with a wrench?"
    He freezes as he's hugged, relaxing as he's let go.
    "Can try that too."
    And so he tries hugging a pikachu.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-05-18 at 10:22 AM.