New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

'The toolbox sounds fine. It's not like I have anywhere to be.' He feels the envelope in his pocket and pulls it out to finally read. 'Oh. It looks like I do. I have an appointment at 12. Something about blasting off. So lets grab something to eat and I'll enjoy your company till I need to leave.'

He points forward dramatically. 'Let's BLAST OFF, to the lunch box .... I mean toolbox.'
    Last edited by IrnBruAddict; 2012-04-21 at 07:02 PM.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

She gives a light bow of respect as she takes the Gym Badge. She made a mental note to find a way to more permanently affix it to her person that could be hidden for whatever reason. Upon seeing the Pokémon listed, she speaks up. "Hm, I do like flying types like that Murkrow in there, but Ralts are absolutely adorable! Do you have any male ones?"
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    After about ten minutes of looking around you find a good 'ole Pokemart. As you enter you find a small TM display case. It's not big, but it may have what you're looking for. An attendant comes over to help you.

"May I help you, sir?" he inquires incredously, looking at your too small shirt. "Our TMs are of the finest make, and quite expensive."
    Expensive, eh? Not exactly a selling point for a discerning customer like myself.

He rummages in his belly button with one finger, as if looking for loose change. He then pulls the finger out, sniffs it, and offers his hand to the man.

Paul Ticker, here to buy a little something for my man Buck. According to my...uhhh....dax, it's TM number Q!*/. But I'm pretty sure I remember it being TM 02, Dragon Claw. Any in stock?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    'The toolbox sounds fine. It's not like I have anywhere to be.' He feels the envelope in his pocket and pulls it out to finally read. 'Oh. It looks like I do. I have an appointment at 12. Something about blasting off. So lets grab something to eat and I'll enjoy your company till I need to leave.'

He points forward dramatically. 'Let's BLAST OFF, to the lunch box .... I mean toolbox.'
    She looks at you a little funny but laughs anyways. Soon enough you find yourself at the restraunt. It seems to just be a standard burger joint, just a little classier. You are seated quickly and have a bit to talk before the first order.

"So, what do you do?" Stacy asks.

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    She gives a light bow of respect as she takes the Gym Badge. She made a mental note to find a way to more permanently affix it to her person that could be hidden for whatever reason. Upon seeing the Pokémon listed, she speaks up. "Hm, I do like flying types like that Murkrow in there, but Ralts are absolutely adorable! Do you have any male ones?"
    "Yeah, I think we do," she says, levitating a Pokeball over to you. "One male Ralts for you," she says. "You're one of us with full rights and privledges befiting a Psychic in Saffron City."

Spoiler
    Show
    Level 5 Male Ralts, Lazy, Synchronize

Quote Originally Posted by hustlertwo View Post
    Expensive, eh? Not exactly a selling point for a discerning customer like myself.

He rummages in his belly button with one finger, as if looking for loose change. He then pulls the finger out, sniffs it, and offers his hand to the man.

Paul Ticker, here to buy a little something for my man Buck. According to my...uhhh....dax, it's TM number Q!*/. But I'm pretty sure I remember it being TM 02, Dragon Claw. Any in stock?
    "By expensive I meant you likely couldn't afford any of our wares," the man says in a snobby tone. "But we do have one in stock. It is our last one. It will be," he messes with his handheld a bit, "^6,000, plus a small fee for application, making the grand total ^7,000," he says, looking at you. "Can you afford that?"
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

5. - Top - End - #125

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "By expensive I meant you likely couldn't afford any of our wares," the man says in a snobby tone. "But we do have one in stock. It is our last one. It will be," he messes with his handheld a bit, "^6,000, plus a small fee for application, making the grand total ^7,000," he says, looking at you. "Can you afford that?"
    Paul turns up his nose.

Outrageous. Treating a champion trainer this way. I'll pay ^6,100 and not a bit more.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Paul turns up his nose.

Outrageous. Treating a champion trainer this way. I'll pay ^6,100 and not a bit more.
    "Sir, the price is ^7,000. If you refuse to pay that I suggest you look for service somewhere else."

Spoiler
    Show
    One last try to talk down. CHA check.

Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you very much." She takes the ball and lets the little Ralts out to introduce herself to her new friend. Hey little guy. I'm Artemis, your trainer.

As she communes to the Ralts, she tries to simultaneously talk to the girls. "You know, I wonder if that boy might be an Influential just playing dumb. Maybe we should test him to see how good a Psychic he is." She smiles mischievously at Taylor. Though I could always be wrong on him.

Show

8. - Top - End - #128

Spoiler
    Show
    I can do the check if you want, ( (1d20-1)[19] ) but I think I'd rather try to think outside the box a bit.

An evil grin spreads across the Ace Trainer's face.

Of course, I understand. Classy joint like this, you must be angling for me to do a public appearance. You're in luck; I have got nothing but time on my hands after a quick meeting this afternoon. I can hang out in your store all day long, helping to bring in business with my devastating good lucks and obvious prowess with Pokemon. Or you can give me the machine for ^6,100 now, and I can find something else to occupy my day. Act fast, this offer is valid for a limited time only.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald looks at the pidgey. Common pokemon, tend to stay away and blast things with wind. Would probably keep too far away for attacks to be reliable, and Sparky would have to get into the middle of things, which would be bad. Ollie probably wouldn't even reach them...
    Best to take another look around in case something else could even the playing field first.
    (1d100)[92]

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

'Well, apart from being a pokemon breeder I travel the world. I've been to Hoenn, traveled across Sinnoh and just recently returned from a trip round Unova. Stangely I've never been to Johto. Not yet anyway. As for a job, I drift from job to job. Done a lot of things, never stuck to one. But who knows, maybe this job with' he reads his letter 'Silph Co. will change all that. After all, they picked me rather than me applying to them. That's a good sign, right. And what about you? What do you do when not at the dojo? Do you have a job around here?'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you very much." She takes the ball and lets the little Ralts out to introduce herself to her new friend. Hey little guy. I'm Artemis, your trainer.

As she communes to the Ralts, she tries to simultaneously talk to the girls. "You know, I wonder if that boy might be an Influential just playing dumb. Maybe we should test him to see how good a Psychic he is." She smiles mischievously at Taylor. Though I could always be wrong on him.
    Trainer? I am Ralts. I am Pokemon. I am for trainers, the Pokemon replies telepathically in a voice that seems monotone, even for telepathic speech.

"Make him do the test..... Now that's an idea!" she says with a sadistic grin. "If we find him, we'll have him do it. This'll be fun!" she says, clearly excited.

Spoiler
    Show
    I can do the check if you want, ( [roll0] ) but I think I'd rather try to think outside the box a bit.

An evil grin spreads across the Ace Trainer's face.

Of course, I understand. Classy joint like this, you must be angling for me to do a public appearance. You're in luck; I have got nothing but time on my hands after a quick meeting this afternoon. I can hang out in your store all day long, helping to bring in business with my devastating good lucks and obvious prowess with Pokemon. Or you can give me the machine for ^6,100 now, and I can find something else to occupy my day. Act fast, this offer is valid for a limited time only.
    "Battle outside to bring in cutsomers...." the main trails off, looking around the admitedly empty store. "Alright, I'll make you a deal. You come here tommorrow and battle out front for three hours and do at least four fights, and the TM is yours for ^5,000," the man says. "Just having a fight nearby may be enough to pull customers in," he says. "Can you get a group of trainers together by tommorrow?"

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Gerald looks at the pidgey. Common pokemon, tend to stay away and blast things with wind. Would probably keep too far away for attacks to be reliable, and Sparky would have to get into the middle of things, which would be bad. Ollie probably wouldn't even reach them...
    Best to take another look around in case something else could even the playing field first.
    [roll0]
    Unfortunately, the pickings are slim. You manage to find a small rat poking around the edges of the grass, but besides that you can only see the birds.

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    'Well, apart from being a pokemon breeder I travel the world. I've been to Hoenn, traveled across Sinnoh and just recently returned from a trip round Unova. Stangely I've never been to Johto. Not yet anyway. As for a job, I drift from job to job. Done a lot of things, never stuck to one. But who knows, maybe this job with' he reads his letter 'Silph Co. will change all that. After all, they picked me rather than me applying to them. That's a good sign, right. And what about you? What do you do when not at the dojo? Do you have a job around here?'
    "Silph? Never knew they were into the breeding scene," she says, a smirk on her face as if she knows a secret. "You don't look like the usual nerds they pick up, meaning you must be.... Yeah, you're part of it, aren't you?" she says, not clarifying what 'it' is. "As for my job, well, let's just say the Dojo offers a full time job for those with the appropriate skills."

Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Hang on with the birds, Ethan-I've scanned them before, and they can be nasty little things in a group so high up. Never have to get in striking distance, you see. Let me just try the rodent first, and get Ollie into position to strike. Sometimes you can get lucky..."
    Eddie moves forward, Sparky ready to attack if this fails. About 5 meters away, he drops the toolkit and pulls out a pokeball, which he tosses at the rat.
    (1d100+1)[57]

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

The Pokeball bounces off the Rattata, not even coming close to a catch. It takes off down the road.

Spoiler
    Show
    It is now 10 away.

Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Kind of dull. Weren't psychics the smartest normally? Okay, reprogramming time. Trainer's name is Artemis. Pokémon's name is Prolios. Artemis recalls the Ralts. "Shame about the lack of personality in him. He's young; he'll probably gain one as he spends some time with us." Artemis tries to remember where she saw him go, but as far as she could remember he was running out of the Gym when she threatened him. "Darn, I don't seem to remember where he went. I'll keep an eye out for him. Can I get your number, while I'm remembering?" She looks at the time as she puts the numbers in.

Show

15. - Top - End - #135

Paul is surprised; for once the old Ticker charm actually managed to charm someone. Yeah, I think I can get some guys together. There's always a few suckers around who want to battle at the drop of a hat. Wave a couple bucks in their face and they'll step over their own grandmas to join in. Don't suppose I could get the TM first for the ^5,000? Might need the added oomph for the battles you want. You don't have to worry about me running out on ya; I'm too famous to blend into the crowd anyhow.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald shrugs. You note he only has one full shoulder.
    "Didn't get the spin right...easier when I had both arms."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Kind of dull. Weren't psychics the smartest normally? Okay, reprogramming time. Trainer's name is Artemis. Pokémon's name is Prolios. Artemis recalls the Ralts. "Shame about the lack of personality in him. He's young; he'll probably gain one as he spends some time with us." Artemis tries to remember where she saw him go, but as far as she could remember he was running out of the Gym when she threatened him. "Darn, I don't seem to remember where he went. I'll keep an eye out for him. Can I get your number, while I'm remembering?" She looks at the time as she puts the numbers in.
    "We like them obedient, have the Breeders do that for us," Jessica says. "Keeps them from getting ideas."

The two give you their numbers. The time is now 11:00.

Paul is surprised; for once the old Ticker charm actually managed to charm someone. Yeah, I think I can get some guys together. There's always a few suckers around who want to battle at the drop of a hat. Wave a couple bucks in their face and they'll step over their own grandmas to join in. Don't suppose I could get the TM first for the ^5,000? Might need the added oomph for the battles you want. You don't have to worry about me running out on ya; I'm too famous to blend into the crowd anyhow.
    The man shakes his head. "Look, you had a good idea. Don't push your luck," he says, walking off to help the only other customer in the store.

Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan scans both the Rattata and the Pidgey and then releases Ollie. Ollie, after the Rattata! Ollie starts off with a roll and attempts to chase down the rat.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Let it go. It wasn't worth much anyway, and I can repair the ball, probably."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

"Good point. Don't want them to do anything stupid. Or too smart. Well, I think I'm going to stop by the store. See if I can find a TM for the new guy. See you guys around." She gives a handshake (perhaps just a bit too strongly) and briskly jogs to the store to try and find a TM.

Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Fair enough. Ethan continues scanning around. If he found nothing of interest this time he head back into the city, not wanting to waste anymore time.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[96]
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Ethan scans both the Rattata and the Pidgey and then releases Ollie. Ollie, after the Rattata! Ollie starts off with a roll and attempts to chase down the rat.
    Try as the Phanpy might, it cannot catch the Rattata and it soon dissapears into the brush.

"Good point. Don't want them to do anything stupid. Or too smart. Well, I think I'm going to stop by the store. See if I can find a TM for the new guy. See you guys around." She gives a handshake (perhaps just a bit too strongly) and briskly jogs to the store to try and find a TM.
    They both wave goodbye before you head out.

You soon find yourself in an almost desolate Pokemart. The lone attendant is helping somebody else, and a large man in a very small shirt is looking at TMs.

Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald looks around as he kneels down, pulling out a tool kit and working on the ball.
    (1d20+6)[15]-repair
    (1d100)[72]

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Fair enough. Ethan continues scanning around. If he found nothing of interest this time he head back into the city, not wanting to waste anymore time.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0]
    You see a small black nose poking out of the grass.... Could it be another Rattata?

Show

25. - Top - End - #145

Paul shrugs.

Worth a shot. See you tomorrow.

Once back outside he looks to his Scraggy.

That went well, Buck. Now let's see if we can snag a pal for you on the way.

Paul heads to any area that contains wild Pokemon that is no more than fifteen minutes walk from Silph Co.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Yikes, empty here. "Excuse me, would I be able to buy a TM for Will-o-Wisp here and get it applied?" She scans what the other guy is there for.

Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan sneers. Another Rattata. C'mon, lets head back. This is pointless. He recalls Ollie before heading back towards the City, making sure to stay on the route.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Really? Well-ah, blast!"
    He finds the problem, and while it's mostly repaired, there's a small yet vital piece that cracked. That would take more care than could be provided out here. Gerald tucks it into the toolkit, the contents of which barely shook in the fall.
    "Fine with me. It's probably getting close to time anyway."
    He follows Ethan, Sparky still on his shoulder.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-22 at 12:42 AM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Paul shrugs.

Worth a shot. See you tomorrow.

Once back outside he looks to his Scraggy.

That went well, Buck. Now let's see if we can snag a pal for you on the way.

Paul heads to any area that contains wild Pokemon that is no more than fifteen minutes walk from Silph Co.
    Unfortunately, for any true Wild Pokemon you would have to leave the city. Just when you'd given up hope, you see a small pidgeon on a rooftop.

Yikes, empty here. "Excuse me, would I be able to buy a TM for Will-o-Wisp here and get it applied?" She scans what the other guy is there for.
    The man looks over at you. "Why yes, yes you can," he says, smiling. "Just give me a second," he says, wrapping up his sale. "Now, that'll be ^2,000 please."

Ethan sneers. Another Rattata. C'mon, lets head back. This is pointless. He recalls Ollie before heading back towards the City, making sure to stay on the route.
    You soon find yourself back at Saffron's Gates.

Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald takes one last look around the route. Never know...
    (1d100)[42]