New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

You soon arrive at Silph Co. The clocks read 10:57, which is pushing it. A few desks sit in the room and a small crowd of people pulses through the area.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

2. - Top - End - #182
    Firbolg in the Playground

Paul heads toward the elevators, giving the woman a wave as he does so.

See you later, Janet. Thanks for the heads-up on keeping my other head out of the equation.

Paul waits inside the elevator until the other passengers have disembarked, then slips the card into the slot, remarking to himself with a moment of wistfulness that he wouldn't be doing that with Janet anytime soon.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hustlertwo View Post
    Paul heads toward the elevators, giving the woman a wave as he does so.

See you later, Janet. Thanks for the heads-up on keeping my other head out of the equation.

Paul waits inside the elevator until the other passengers have disembarked, then slips the card into the slot, remarking to himself with a moment of wistfulness that he wouldn't be doing that with Janet anytime soon.
    The secretary somehow manages to flip you off without anybody noticing as you pass.

The elevator clears quickly; seems like people don't like being in confined spaces with a large, smelly man. Who knew?

You insert the key card and the light indicating the floor changes to an 'R' as the elevator plummets. A few seconds of breakneck elevator speed later, it opens into a large, warehouse like area. A small office is to the right of the elevator. A large number of people are moving crates around or talking with one another. A large number of people seem to be working on various projects. There's even a bar. Cries of "Lotta fresh meat!" and "A Wild Snorlax has appeared!" echo throughout the area.

Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan quickly walks over to the third receptionist on the right. He despised having to say something so stupid but he had too anyway. He grabs Gerald's arm with him, not wanting to waste anymore time. Phew, I'm not late. We should have blasted off at the speed of light to get here earlier shouldn't we?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo pays ^440, giving a 10% tip. Then he holds his arm out to Stacey and twirls his hat. 'Let us go milady.'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

6. - Top - End - #186

Paul, never one to shirk a challenge, merely holds his trophy up high.

Mind yourselves, mendicants; a true champion has entered your midst. That's right, it's THE Paul Ticker. No doubt you saw my matches during my youth, and now I'm back and better than ever.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Ethan quickly walks over to the third receptionist on the right. He despised having to say something so stupid but he had too anyway. He grabs Gerald's arm with him, not wanting to waste anymore time. Phew, I'm not late. We should have blasted off at the speed of light to get here earlier shouldn't we?
    The receptionist looks at the two of you. "At least the two of you have more class than the last guy," she says, pulling out two packages and handing one to each of you. "We hope you enjoy conducting bussiness in our lovely facility."

Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    Romeo pays ^440, giving a 10% tip. Then he holds his arm out to Stacey and twirls his hat. 'Let us go milady.'
    "Of course," she says, walking with you, making idle conversation as you head towards Silph Co. When you are about to arrive, you see something that makes you hesitate for a second. Jessica and her friend are sitting on a bench outside of Silph Co. They somehow haven't seen you yet, fortunately.

"Having second thoughts?" she says as you pause. "Don't worry, the rewards are well worth the risk."

Paul, never one to shirk a challenge, merely holds his trophy up high.

Mind yourselves, mendicants; a true champion has entered your midst. That's right, it's THE Paul Ticker. No doubt you saw my matches during my youth, and now I'm back and better than ever.
    There is a collective laugh from everybody around the room. "What did you do, eat them!" you hear somebody shout to a very large laugh.

"Just get in here you idiot," you hear a woman say. Turning towards the office you see an older woman looking at you with annoyance.

Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan quickly opens the envelope and follows the instructions, without a word to Gerald. He waits in the elevator with Gerald till the right moment and sticks in the card key as instructed.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

10. - Top - End - #190

Paul flushes a bit, tries in vain to yank his shirt down over his protruding gut and moves toward the woman.

Jealous, the lot of them. Roll them all together and they wouldn't equal me...no, wait, better not say that one too loud, never hear the end of it.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

'I'll show you risks!' He grabs Stacey and sweeps her off her feet, the shoves his tounge down her throat. Then, before she can say anything, he and Elly make their way to the building. 'Tonight my dear. Look forward to it, I know I will.'

He dashes into the building, out of line of sight of Jessica, and runs up to the secretary he's supposed to meet. 'Blast off at the speed of light, I've got an evening of delight. I've met two stars who shine so bright. I'll be with one and worn out tonight. I'm here for the interview. Mr Versa,but you can call me Romeo.' At no point does he lower his voice or try to be subtle. Subtle was not a part of Romeo's vocabulary.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

12. - Top - End - #192

Paul flushes a bit, tries in vain to yank his shirt down over his protruding gut and moves toward the woman.

Jealous, the lot of them. Roll them all together and they wouldn't equal me...no, wait, better not say that one too loud, never hear the end of it.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan quickly opens the envelope and follows the instructions, without a word to Gerald. He waits in the elevator with Gerald till the right moment and sticks in the card key as instructed.
    The elevator soon clears.
    You insert the key card and the light indicating the floor changes to an 'R' as the elevator plummets. A few seconds of breakneck elevator speed later, it opens into a large, warehouse like area. A small office is to the right of the elevator. A large number of people are moving crates around or talking with one another.

A woman yells at you. "You are late. Get in here now."

"No, you wouldn't. Now shut up and take a seat," she says, eyeing your large belly.

'I'll show you risks!' He grabs Stacey and sweeps her off her feet, the shoves his tounge down her throat. Then, before she can say anything, he and Elly make their way to the building. 'Tonight my dear. Look forward to it, I know I will.'

He dashes into the building, out of line of sight of Jessica, and runs up to the secretary he's supposed to meet. 'Blast off at the speed of light, I've got an evening of delight. I've met two stars who shine so bright. I'll be with one and worn out tonight. I'm here for the interview. Mr Versa,but you can call me Romeo.' At no point does he lower his voice or try to be subtle. Subtle was not a part of Romeo's vocabulary.
    "Goodbye!" she cries from behind you. She hadn't had time to respond to your dashing show of galantry, but she seems to have enjoyed it. Somehow you get in without a Psychic noticing you, something to be proud of.

"Another one? Holy crap," she mutters, handing you a package. You follow the same procedure as the rest, soon appearing on the bottom floor of the store. You are the last one to arrive, most of the others already having taken a seat.

Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

The elevator soon clears.
    You insert the key card and the light indicating the floor changes to an 'R' as the elevator plummets. A few seconds of breakneck elevator speed later, it opens into a large, warehouse like area. A small office is to the right of the elevator. A large number of people are moving crates around or talking with one another.

A woman yells at you. "You are late. Get in here now."

"No, you wouldn't. Now shut up and take a seat," she says, eyeing your large belly.

"Goodbye!" she cries from behind you. She hadn't had time to respond to your dashing show of galantry, but she seems to have enjoyed it. Somehow you get in without a Psychic noticing you, something to be proud of.

"Another one? Holy crap," she mutters, handing you a package. You follow the same procedure as the rest, soon appearing on the bottom floor of the store. You are the last one to arrive, most of the others already having taken a seat.

Show

15. - Top - End - #195

Paul takes a seat, and for once has the good sense to remain silent.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Well I seem to have made the best first impression out of everyone here. She puts away her Pokédex, then looks at the newcomers. She freezes as Romeo walks in. HIM!? Really!? How in the Hells did they choose him!? Now that she thought about it, none of them really belonged. A crippled, an absolute slob and some manwhore. Her and the last man were the only ones who seemed to fit in at all, and that's only because there was nothing outwardly off about him. Actually, now that she looks at his mind, he might be the most qualified. Not a Psychic, but a bit smarter than her. Probably brought on as a scientist or something. And here she was, a Psychic with a bit of training in battle.

She realized that she was thinking a bit loudly, and apologizes to the recruiter if she could hear her.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

With a small courteous bow, My apologies. Ethan takes a seat without another word. Too many words can spoil what little respect they have left for him.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

'Paul Ticker? The Paul Ticker!?!' Romeo rushes over to Pual and grabs him by the arm, giving him a hearty handshake. 'I grew up watching you battle sir. For a second I almost didn't recognise you, but I'm sure it's you. The one and only ex-champ, Paul Ticker.'

He takes out a tissue and wipes his hand afterwards. Even if he was a childhood hero, there were still levels of cleanliness.

19. - Top - End - #199

Paul beams at his admirer; despite his bluster he was rarely recognized by anyone unless he was at a convention sitting next to one of his moldy old cardboard cutouts. And even then it was only because he went to great pains to wear the same clothers as he had when the cutout's picture was taken.

That's why I love this business, getting to meet fans like you. Clearly my positive influence made you the charming, upstanding fellow you are today. Got anything you want signed, sport? Or here, I'll just give you a little something extra you can tell your buddies about when you're chatting on your Pokedax.

He moves with surprising speed and enfolds Romeo in a sweaty, grimy hug. The sensation is that of being caught in a cave-in where the cave walls were pink, hairy, and had visible psoriasis.

Let it never be said Paul Ticker wouldn't go the extra mile for his adoring public.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

The woman makes no response to Artemis. If she is Psychic, she isn't showing

The woman clears her voice for silence. With a flick of her wrist the door shuts. Maybe she is Psychic after all.

"Now then, since we're all here at," she glances at her watch, "12:08," she says with a glare at Romeo. "We can begin. Say your name, where you're from, introduce yourself to the group. Then tell me, why did you all choose to accept? And why do you think we recruited all of you?" she says, her gaze giving the impression that you're under the lens of a very large microscope.

Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan stands casually, readjusting his glasses as he does so. Looking forward, though not directly at the women but at some point in space behind her, he begins. I am Ethan Halsey of Pewter City. My skills are in the areas of pokemon science, an area I excel at. I accpeted this gracious invitation as science requires facilities. I heard that Team Rocket has some of the greatest facilities and don't ask too many questions. But I believe I was recruited for my ambition and my techincal knowledge, if not explicitly for my own personal dream project. Ethan gives a slight nod to the woman as he sits back down, content with his introduction.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Hm, she likes the science guy all the more. It also re-affirms her idea that this was connected to Team Rocket. She stands up. "Well, I am Artemis Frerin. I come from Mistralton, a smallish town in Unova. I am a Psychic, like the rest of my family, as well as a graduate of the Castellia School for Trainers. I accepted in part because I know Silph Co. to be a very successful company, though after looking at the men out there I am starting to conclude that they are not exactly a part of the more well known jobs of Silph Co. While I assumed they needed people to help with designs or testing of new products, now I am not sure. The R that appeared in the elevator suggests something to do with Team Rocket, but again I am unsure." She's sweating a bit and trips over some of the larger words, but overall appears confident, with the exception being when she states how unsure she is.

Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

'Romeo, Romeo Versa. Breeder, lover, explorer, adventurer and all round life liver. I'm good with pokemon, even rare breeds.' He waves at Elly and produces his dragon egg. 'But my main skill is I'm a people pleaser. People respond to me, and I'm good at reading them as-well. As for why I'm here? Why not? You contacted me, and in a most unusual way. Surely I'm what you're looking for. I don't know why you are looking for me, but I know it's me you want. And any job where I can work alongside greats such as Paul Ticker is a job I'd be pleased to have.'

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald stands up next, notably nervous but hand strangely still, after pulling out papers from his toolkit. Sparky is on his shoulder, gently patting his neck.
    "Gerald Slate, of Fuchsia City. First off, I would like to apologize, as Ethan's tardiness and my own were my fault for not planning my time out better. I'm hoping I was recruited for my project in mapping out the human nervous system and making mechanical prosthetics to link into said nervous system and allow full functionality, as well as my skills as a craftsman and mechanic. However, I believe it is because of past events in my life and a record of reliability."
    Artemis and any other psychics gets a quick glimpse of a man with a screwdriver stabbed into his throat, with a feeling that this is the tip of the iceberg.
    "I accepted for the chance to get funding for my design, test it on myself, and potentially get it into mass production, work with an organization of class and sophistication, and hopefully the chance of helping my home city with a pressing issue."
    This time the image is of him strangling a man to death on top of very dead steel types, the scene filled with emotions of hatred.

25. - Top - End - #205

Paul stand up last, clearing his throat and waving a hand at his new pal Romeo.

I am Paul Ticker, from Vermillion City right here in Kanto. I suppose I'm here because I'm the ideal recruit for an organization like this: I know the true secret to unlocking the strength of Pokemon can't be found by adhering to that whiny League's endless rules and regs, and that being one of the 'good guys' gets you nothing but a lot of boring nights and wasted potential. I have a name that can still open a few doors in the right circles, and no qualms about helping this group bust in once those doors are open and take everything that isn't nailed down. Or heck, maybe I'm just here because someone liked me back when I was just a little snot-nosed virgin, out there being the best, like no one ever was. I've been coasting on it for the last couple decades, why would this be any different?

He frowns, feeling he might have said too much, and sits down in a woosh, a small cloud of dandruff emerging from the impact.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan stands casually, readjusting his glasses as he does so. Looking forward, though not directly at the women but at some point in space behind her, he begins. I am Ethan Halsey of Pewter City. My skills are in the areas of pokemon science, an area I excel at. I accpeted this gracious invitation as science requires facilities. I heard that Team Rocket has some of the greatest facilities and don't ask too many questions. But I believe I was recruited for my ambition and my techincal knowledge, if not explicitly for my own personal dream project. Ethan gives a slight nod to the woman as he sits back down, content with his introduction.
    The woman gives a nod back, obviously pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Hm, she likes the science guy all the more. It also re-affirms her idea that this was connected to Team Rocket. She stands up. "Well, I am Artemis Frerin. I come from Mistralton, a smallish town in Unova. I am a Psychic, like the rest of my family, as well as a graduate of the Castellia School for Trainers. I accepted in part because I know Silph Co. to be a very successful company, though after looking at the men out there I am starting to conclude that they are not exactly a part of the more well known jobs of Silph Co. While I assumed they needed people to help with designs or testing of new products, now I am not sure. The R that appeared in the elevator suggests something to do with Team Rocket, but again I am unsure." She's sweating a bit and trips over some of the larger words, but overall appears confident, with the exception being when she states how unsure she is.
    "Yes, we are Rocket," she says with an obliging smile. "You've been recruited dear. We know how powerful your Hex Maniac family is; we could use another strong Psychic."

'Romeo, Romeo Versa. Breeder, lover, explorer, adventurer and all round life liver. I'm good with pokemon, even rare breeds.' He waves at Elly and produces his dragon egg. 'But my main skill is I'm a people pleaser. People respond to me, and I'm good at reading them as-well. As for why I'm here? Why not? You contacted me, and in a most unusual way. Surely I'm what you're looking for. I don't know why you are looking for me, but I know it's me you want. And any job where I can work alongside greats such as Paul Ticker is a job I'd be pleased to have.'
    "Yes, we know of your people skills. That was precisely why we contacted you. We hope you will be able to deliver."

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Gerald stands up next, notably nervous but hand strangely still, after pulling out papers from his toolkit. Sparky is on his shoulder, gently patting his neck.
    "Gerald Slate, of Fuchsia City. First off, I would like to apologize, as Ethan's tardiness and my own were my fault for not planning my time out better. I'm hoping I was recruited for my project in mapping out the human nervous system and making mechanical prosthetics to link into said nervous system and allow full functionality, as well as my skills as a craftsman and mechanic. However, I believe it is because of past events in my life and a record of reliability."
    Artemis and any other psychics gets a quick glimpse of a man with a screwdriver stabbed into his throat, with a feeling that this is the tip of the iceberg.
    "I accepted for the chance to get funding for my design, test it on myself, and potentially get it into mass production, work with an organization of class and sophistication, and hopefully the chance of helping my home city with a pressing issue."
    This time the image is of him strangling a man to death on top of very dead steel types, the scene filled with emotions of hatred.
    The woman looks pleased with the gruesome images. "Good, just as violent as they said. We can get you that funding, but of course, you must understand you will owe us something in return."

Paul stand up last, clearing his throat and waving a hand at his new pal Romeo.

I am Paul Ticker, from Vermillion City right here in Kanto. I suppose I'm here because I'm the ideal recruit for an organization like this: I know the true secret to unlocking the strength of Pokemon can't be found by adhering to that whiny League's endless rules and regs, and that being one of the 'good guys' gets you nothing but a lot of boring nights and wasted potential. I have a name that can still open a few doors in the right circles, and no qualms about helping this group bust in once those doors are open and take everything that isn't nailed down. Or heck, maybe I'm just here because someone liked me back when I was just a little snot-nosed virgin, out there being the best, like no one ever was. I've been coasting on it for the last couple decades, why would this be any different?

He frowns, feeling he might have said too much, and sits down in a woosh, a small cloud of dandruff emerging from the impact.
    "You were a good trainer once. And you still can be. We can give you the money you require to maintain your habits without selling your Pokemon. In exchange, the occasional hit, the random aquizition of a badge for us. You can handle that, correct?"

"Now, about our recruitment process. You have been selected because you show potential. Now, due to a recent slip up by our recruiters in Celadon City, our admission standards have been raised. Before you can join us we'll need you to do a few jobs. Due to the last recruits misusing their trial Pokemon, we've decided to not give those until after you pass an aptidtude test," she says, seeming angry about the recent slip up. "As you may know, Rocket dabbles in some less than legal ventures to enable us to keep our funds up. This job is simple, barely illegal in fact," she says.

"We have an intrest in a certain Pokemon that somebody in this city has aquired. An extraordinary Slugma we created a few weeks ago in one of our labs escaped into the wilds, only to be caught by an enterprising trainer. He is currently in Saffron, near the Fighitng Dojo. He is a novice Martial Artist and can be found often in the Dojo. His other known Pokemon are a Wartortle and a Rhyhorn. He is often found with another boy of about the same age. We are still collecting information on him. They are sixteen, meaning they are legally adults. We need that Slugma back before it is found out. If he were to breed it and mass produce it..." she trails off. "Well, we'd lose a very competitive edge. We pride ourselves on having the best Pokemon, and this is one," she says.

"Your first job, if you choose to accept, will be to aquire the Slugma through some sort of means. We would prefer the trainer to not be killed, but if you have no choice you may. His friend should stay alive too," she says.

"Any objections?"

Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan smiles, something rather rare for him. I'll gladly help my compatriots retrieve this Slugma, if that is what you require of us. Ethan bows, this time much deeper, trying to show greater respect than he is used to. His face is nearly parrallel with the ground.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Well this explained the recent deaths of those four people in Celadon. "Putting this out there for future reference: I don't do Hexing. I refuse to start such an easily mentally corrupting practice. In closer relation to the mission, what is our deadline, or will 'before it has been bred' suffice?"

Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan smiles, something rather rare for him. I'll gladly help my compatriots retrieve this Slugma, if that is what you require of us. Ethan bows, this time much deeper, trying to show greater respect than he is used to. His face is nearly parrallel with the ground.
    The woman waves her hand. "Don't bow, we're not weirdos like Team Plasma."

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Well this explained the recent deaths of those four people in Celadon. "Putting this out there for future reference: I don't do Hexing. I refuse to start such an easily mentally corrupting practice. In closer relation to the mission, what is our deadline, or will 'before it has been bred' suffice?"
    "Well the fact that you won't Hex is... unfortunate," she says, seemingly displeased. "We will give you three days to acquire the Slugma. After that, we will send professionals in if you are unable to acquire the Pokemon by that time."

Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

My apologies. My mother always taught me to be respectful and courteous. He stands up and looks at his new teammates. Interesting would be an understatment. I believe a planning session is in order.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!