New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

"I apologize, but I prefer my mind to remain my own, not that of spirits. I assure you I can still remain quite useful." She moves to bow, then remembering Ethan's scolding, stops herself. Different culture here, it seems. "Well, we should be off to plan." Artemis gives a nod to the woman, the only way she can think to show respect. Oh, and Romeo. Your girlfriend (the psychic one, not the martial artist) wanted you to follow us to the Gym. Best you follow lest I let slip some stray thought about what I overheard your thinking, hm? Artemis walks out the door and takes the elevator down. She walks outside.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-04-22 at 06:55 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Understood. I would like to note that while I am still able and willing to do the jobs you sought me for, I am currently looking to cut back on previous...quantities of such jobs and express more distinct interest in capture and R&D in the future and the chance to develop social skills not related to that."
    He considers the mission.
    "You know enough about the trainer to consider this an easy mission. Do you have a dossier on pokemon he would likely trade for, or his friend would likely go for?"
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-22 at 06:58 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    "I apologize, but I prefer my mind to remain my own, not that of spirits. I assure you I can still remain quite useful." She moves to bow, then remembering Ethan's scolding, stops herself. Different culture here, it seems. "Well, we should be off to plan." Artemis gives a nod to the woman, the only way she can think to show respect. Oh, and Romeo. Your girlfriend (the psychic one, not the martial artist) wanted you to follow us to the Gym. Best you follow lest I let slip some stray thought about what I overheard your thinking, hm? Artemis walks out the door and takes the elevator down. She walks outside.
    You soon find your way outside only to be ambushed by Jessica and Taylor. "So, you joined in?" they ask after a quick mind reading. "Welcome to the family!" they say, obviously pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    "Understood. I would like to note that while I am still able and willing to do the jobs you sought me for, I express more distinct interest in capture and R&D in the future and the chance to develop social skills not related to that."
    He considers the mission.
    "You know enough about the trainer to consider this an easy mission. Do you have a dossier on pokemon he would likely trade for, or his friend would likely go for?"
    "Trade for the Slugma? Unlikely. This was one of our more successful expirements. Not only is it hardier than most, at a small cost to its speed, but it burns hotter than any other Slugma. Simply being in close proximity could cause a burn or worse. You would need an exceptional Pokemon for it."
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

That is disconcering but not hopeless. We must find a more creative solution to this situation then it seems. Seeing Artemis run off, he runs after her. Lets not try to split up till we have a course of action shall we? Motioning for the others to follow him and catch the stray psychic.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-04-22 at 07:03 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

"Well not officially. We still have our sort of recruitment job. We do well, we're in. If not...well, we'll just have to do well." She trips over the 'we'll's and wells a bit. "How am I not surprised that you guys are a part of it." She laughs. She might actually make friends for a change! She directs her thoughts at Taylor. By the way, I told Romeo that your friend wanted him to come with us to the Gym. Also, he's already cheating on her. Does that thing throw rocks heavier than five pounds, by any chance?

Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    "Well not officially. We still have our sort of recruitment job. We do well, we're in. If not...well, we'll just have to do well." She trips over the 'we'll's and wells a bit. "How am I not surprised that you guys are a part of it." She laughs. She might actually make friends for a change! She directs her thoughts at Taylor. By the way, I told Romeo that your friend wanted him to come with us to the Gym. Also, he's already cheating on her. Does that thing throw rocks heavier than five pounds, by any chance?
    Bigger? No, five is as big as we could get with them still being hidden. But I have a supersized version of that snake. We could have it squeeze him a bit, she says, grinning maliciously.

"Your starter mission? That's new. We didn't have to-"
    "That's because we killed the Rockets somebody hired to kill us Taylor," Jessica says in a tired tone.
    "Oh, that's right," she says, somewhat sheepishly. "We dropped a bookcase on them. But stay loyal to them. The rewards can be really good if you play your cards right," she says, twisting her bracelet as she says so.

Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo saunters after Jessica. I mean Artemis. Totally concentrating on the mission, not on getting tail.

'C'mon guys. Let's blast off!'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

8. - Top - End - #218
    Firbolg in the Playground

Paul nods solmenly.

Yeah, I've already done some pretty lousy things in the name of broads, booze, and poison. What's a few more between friends?

He looks at the assembled trainers that are to be his de facto teammates.

And since we need to train up to take on someone with such powerful creatures, would y'all like to have an exhibition in front of the Poke Mart nearby? Owner wants me to have some fights out there to drum up business. I'll even chip in ^100 apiece for your time.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    Romeo saunters after Jessica. I mean Artemis. Totally concentrating on the mission, not on getting tail.

'C'mon guys. Let's blast off!'
    Jessica looks happy to see you, but is cut off by Taylor before she can say anything.
    "Romeo! How are you?" she says, seeming to be very nice. "Look, us at the Saffron Gym have a rule about who we can date. You have to pass a test if you want to be with Jessica, alright?" she says, looking at you with eyes that seem slighlty angry. Jessica seems to be about to speak up, but she is silenced with a look.

"How about you head to the Gym with us and we'll see if you can pass it," she says.

Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't worry, the test isn't that hard." Artemis smiles.

Show

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Could be worthwhile. Could challenge the trainer."
    He tucks the notes and blueprints away, then follows afterwards, vaguely considering getting Paul to bathe at gunpoint. Once out, he hears about the test.
    "Test? Do you have to take it for access to facilities, too?"

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

'Well, we are sort of in the middle of a job. How about tommorow? I don't want to leave the guys without my knowledge.' He strikes a manly pose at Jessica. 'It wont be long my dear. Just one day and me and you will be the hottest couple in the whole of this Team Rocket.' He grabs her hand and kisses it.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan runs after the pretty boy and the psychic. He spots them, along with two new girls he did not recognize. He runs over to them, interrupting a seemingly tense conversation. May I have your numbers Artemis and Romeo? We should stay in contact just in case. Ethan also scans the girl's Espeon.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-04-22 at 07:30 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, good point." She gives him her number and tells him to pass it on if the others don't keep up. She turns back to Romeo. "We could meet up with the others within the hour. It only took me about ten minutes or so, thirty with walking around the gym. Are you saying you could wait to...hang out...with this beautiful girl right here?" They're both Rockets, she could follow along if you wanted her to. Artemis might not have a way with words, but she does with logic. To Ethan: Unless you're a Psychic, you likely won't pass. If you want to be pelted with rocks and then attacked, go for it. Just don't tell Romeo.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-04-22 at 07:35 PM.

Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

If I need to for their help though, I won't really have a choice. Although...maybe Sparky could help. She's full of tricks like that.
    Gerald puts his tools down and lifts his phone up.
    "I'll take them too. Oh, um...pokemon. What do you all prefer?"
    He gives each of them his number, and when done pulls out his 'dex to scan the pokemon.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-22 at 07:48 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

'Why do I need to pass this test? Going behind the psychics backs could be a little naughty.' He wiggles his eyebrows. 'Since you obviously don't think I can pass this test, or else you would offer me no chance of seeing Jessica if you could help it, how about a bet? Are you up for that you two?'

17. - Top - End - #227

Paul addresses the one asking about Pokemon.

Well, I prefer as many of them as I can get. Got a collection to rebuild.

Paul exchanges numbers and pleasantries with his new comrades, scans their creatures into the 'dax, then heads off with Buck and his new acquisition Hank in tow.

Well, we have a paying gig...of sorts...tomorrow. Figure we have three days to track down the brat, so we can use the rest of today to do a little hunting for new Pokemon, fight tomorrow early on, then get with the Junior League recruits here and work out how to slug the Slugma owner.

Spoiler
    Show
    What sort of habitat options are available within close range of the city?

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

If I need to for their help though, I won't really have a choice. Although...maybe Sparky could help. She's full of tricks like that.
    Gerald puts his tools down and lifts his phone up.
    "I'll take them too. Oh, um...pokemon. What do you all prefer?"
    He gives each of them his number, and when done pulls out his 'dex to scan the pokemon.
    You aquire an Espeon in your Pokedex as well as the other recruit's Pokemon that are out.

'Well, we are sort of in the middle of a job. How about tommorow? I don't want to leave the guys without my knowledge.' He strikes a manly pose at Jessica. 'It wont be long my dear. Just one day and me and you will be the hottest couple in the whole of this Team Rocket.' He grabs her hand and kisses it.
    She giggles in a way that you wouldn't expect coming from her. "I'm looking forward to it."

'Why do I need to pass this test? Going behind the psychics backs could be a little naughty.' He wiggles his eyebrows. 'Since you obviously don't think I can pass this test, or else you would offer me no chance of seeing Jessica if you could help it, how about a bet? Are you up for that you two?'
    "What kind of bet are we talking about here?" Taylor says, eyeing you cautiously.

Quote Originally Posted by hustlertwo View Post
    Paul addresses the one asking about Pokemon.

Well, I prefer as many of them as I can get. Got a collection to rebuild.

Paul exchanges numbers and pleasantries with his new comrades, scans their creatures into the 'dax, then heads off with Buck and his new acquisition Hank in tow.

Well, we have a paying gig...of sorts...tomorrow. Figure we have three days to track down the brat, so we can use the rest of today to do a little hunting for new Pokemon, fight tomorrow early on, then get with the Junior League recruits here and work out how to slug the Slugma owner.

Spoiler
    Show
    What sort of habitat options are available within close range of the city?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokedax
    Espeon - The Weird Tail Pokemon
    Nobody quite knows how an Espeon aquired the strange tail they do, but it is commonly said that it split as one tail was not worth the Espeon's time to chase. The stone on its forehead is actually a gem worth thousands of dollars. Unfortunately, removal causes the Pokemon to explode.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mostly forest and plains. You might find a few urban 'mons, but that's about it.

Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

"Could be worthwhile. Could challenge the trainer."
    He tucks the notes and blueprints away, then follows afterwards, vaguely considering getting Paul to bathe at gunpoint. Once out, he hears about the test.
    "Test? Do you have to take it for access to facilities, too?"
    "No, not to use the facilities, but you'd have to pay without passing the test," Taylor says. "If you're not a Psychic it would be a challenge."

Show

20. - Top - End - #230

Paul goes out to the forests that border Saffron, looking for whatever wilds might be available.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

'Since it's impossible for me, it's only fair I get something good. I lose, I'll never see Jessica again, my word as a gentleman. If I win however, either you two' he points to Taylor and Artemis 'have to kiss each other while topless, or both of you have to kiss my new friend Paul Ticker. Yes, it's infair, but the odds are surely in your favour.'

Romeo puts his arm around Jessica and laughs. 'I'd say that was fair, wouldn't you? Those who stand in the way of love must be punished!'

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Okay then. Uh..."
    His voice drops, as his head lowers in embarassment.
    "How much...how much is therapy?"

23. - Top - End - #233

Wild mon roll:

(1d100)[89]

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Paul goes out to the forests that border Saffron, looking for whatever wilds might be available.
    After searching for nearly half an hour, you see a yellow cocoon nestled in a tree, attached by strands of silk. It doesn't move at all, but is obviously a Pokemon.

'Since it's impossible for me, it's only fair I get something good. I lose, I'll never see Jessica again, my word as a gentleman. If I win however, either you two' he points to Taylor and Artemis 'have to kiss each other while topless, or both of you have to kiss my new friend Paul Ticker. Yes, it's infair, but the odds are surely in your favour.'

Romeo puts his arm around Jessica and laughs. 'I'd say that was fair, wouldn't you? Those who stand in the way of love must be punished!'
    "Tops stay on," Taylor says, looking at you in disgust. "Tell us the bet, then I'll consider."

Jessica seems worried about it, mostly because it seems she is afraid you'll lose.

"Okay then. Uh..."
    His voice drops, as his head lowers in embarassment.
    "How much...how much is therapy?"
    Your answer doesn't come through words, but through your mind.

What kind of therapy? It'll vary depending on who you pay for, but maybe ^800 a session? Maybe a bit more?

Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

'Fine! Tops on, but for a full 20 seconds and with full tounge. Or 5 seconds each with Paul, tounge optional. I fail your test, Jessica will be left alone. I pass this test, the world has a bit more girl-on-girl. Let's do this test!'

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright," Taylor says with an evil grin. Jessica seems pretty much terrified that she will lose you.

Soon enough you find yourself at the Saffron Gym, in a completely white room.

This is a test to guage your Psychic talent. Pokemon are strictly prohibited. Test will begin in 3, 2, 1, *BZZZT*

A rock shoots out of the wall, aimed at your head.

Spoiler
    Show
    DEX check and how you will get out of the way.

Show

27. - Top - End - #237

Paul examines the cocoon, and scans it, though as a Kanto trainer he's quite familiar with Kakuna.

Well, I suppose it's a good time for you to get used to things without a lot of risk, Hank. Tackle it!

The young Pidgey launches toward the bug.

(1d20)[12] (2d6+7)[15]

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo spins round, trying to block the rock with his briefcase.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dodge: (1d20+2)[9]

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Paul examines the cocoon, and scans it, though as a Kanto trainer he's quite familiar with Kakuna.

Well, I suppose it's a good time for you to get used to things without a lot of risk, Hank. Tackle it!

The young Pidgey launches toward the bug.

[roll0] [roll1]
    The bug takes the hit and chitters angrily, releasing a film from its body that soon hardens into another layer of defense.

Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Romeo spins round, trying to block the rock with his briefcase.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dodge: [roll0]
    Your swing fails miserably, and the rock goes to hit you between the eyes. You close your eyes, bracing yourself for the hit....

But it never comes. As cautiously open your eyes, you see the rock floating inches from your nose. It falls to the ground with a clank. You hear a voice in your mind.

Alright kid, I read your mind. I know the bet. And I'll be honest, I want to see those babes making out. I'll help you out here if I get to see the action, you hear.

Two rocks fly from the wall, one going for your legs, one for your head.

Show