Default Weapon of the Web [3.5e]

Hidden Fang
    Simple Unarmed Light Melee
    Critical:
    x2 (x3)
    Range Increment: -
    Type: Bludgeon (Piercing)
    Hardness: 10

A Hidden Fang appears to be a normal gauntlet. But with the correct movement and pressure applied to it a small dagger-like blade springs out of it. The cost and weight given are for a single gauntlet.

Normally a Hidden Fang lets you deal lethal damage rather than nonlethal damage with unarmed strikes. A strike with the Hidden Fang is otherwise considered an unarmed attack.

As a move action you can extend the blade, this replaces the weapons statistics with the statistics in parentheses. With another move-action you can retract the blade, returning it to it's normal statistics. If you have the Quick Draw Feat, you can extend and retract the blade as a free action.

Webbed Claw
    Exotic One-Handed Melee
    Critical:
    19-20/x2
    Type: Piercing or Slashing
    Hardness: 5

A Webbed Claw appears to be a cable made of hundreds of silk strands. At one end of this cable is a sharp Shortsword-like blade which is partially engulfed by the webbing.

The Webbed Claw is treated as a melee weapon with 15-foot reach, though you don’t threaten the area into which you can make an attack. In addition, unlike most other weapons with reach, you can use it against foes anywhere within your reach (including adjacent foes).

Using a Webbed Claw provokes an attack of opportunity, just as if you had used a ranged weapon.

You can make trip attacks with a Webbed Claw. If you are tripped during your own trip attempt, you can drop the whip to avoid being tripped.

When using a Webbed Claw, you get a +2 bonus on opposed attack rolls made to disarm an opponent (including the roll to keep from being disarmed if the attack fails).

You can use the Weapon Finesse feat to apply your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to attack rolls with a Webbed Claw sized for you, even though it isn’t a light weapon for you.

Webbed Fang
    Exotic One-Handed Melee
    Critical:
    19-20/x2
    Type: Piercing
    Hardness: 5

A Webbed Fang appears to be a cable made of hundreds of silk strands. At one end of this cable is a sharp dagger-like blade which is partially engulfed by the webbing.

The Webbed Fang is treated as a melee weapon with 15-foot reach, though you don’t threaten the area into which you can make an attack. In addition, unlike most other weapons with reach, you can use it against foes anywhere within your reach (including adjacent foes).

Using a Webbed Fang provokes an attack of opportunity, just as if you had used a ranged weapon.

You can make trip attacks with a Webbed Fang. If you are tripped during your own trip attempt, you can drop the whip to avoid being tripped.

When using a Webbed Fang, you get a +2 bonus on opposed attack rolls made to disarm an opponent (including the roll to keep from being disarmed if the attack fails).

You can use the Weapon Finesse feat to apply your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to attack rolls with a Webbed Fang sized for you, even though it isn’t a light weapon for you.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2012-09-18 at 06:34 AM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Weapon of the Web [3.5e]

Why use this when you have a throwing knife and/or mighty whip available?
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing
    Raiatari Eikibe - Ghostfoot's RHOD Righteous Resistance

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Yeah, I have to agree, maybe you should increase the damage on it by a bit, and maybe add other versions, like one where you can attach a short sword to the end.

Maybe raise it to 1d6 or 1d8 for Medium-sized creatures.
    Last edited by masterstalker2; 2012-04-19 at 07:32 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    Why use this when you have a throwing knife and/or mighty whip available?
    Why have both of those when you have one of these?
    With one of these you can trip, hit at range, deal a lethal damage,

Quote Originally Posted by masterstalker2 View Post
    Yeah, I have to agree, maybe you should increase the damage on it by a bit, and maybe add other versions, like one where you can attach a short sword to the end.

Maybe raise it to 1d6 or 1d8 for Medium-sized creatures.
    I've increased the damage.
    I'll add in shortsword and a light mace versions.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

How about a version where the whip is combined with a Garrote so that it can be use to choke an enemy?

*Stands on ceiling, makes the Garrote Whip, uses it on guard and connects the web to the ceiling while waiting for guard to choke*
    "I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it" - Edgar Allen Poe