New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 36 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default An Unchanging Reality (Take two)

You each wake up within a prison cell. There is very little light, and the ground is hard and rocky. A quick examination of the room shows you three cells on the opposite side of you, each cell containing another prisoner. The only exit you can find is a flight of stairs going up on one end of the room. The opposite end of the room has a bulletin board with a large number of papers stuck to it. Checking your gear, you find that you are missing all of it, except for spell component pouches. It seems whoever captured you never thought to take them.

Spoiler
    Show
    The room contains three cells on both sides, and the area between them is very narrow. In order, the top three have, from left to right, Eophyn, Sper, and Dromet, and the bottom three have, from left to right, Barz, Zarasuket, and Naram. Each of you can only see the cells across from you. The papers is on the left, and the right side is the way to the stairs.

Eophyn, Sper, and Dromet
    Spoiler
    Show
    The three of you were just leaving the local tavern when a single man stepped up to you and drew two swords. The three of you fought valiently, but the man was so powerful you never stood a chance.

Zarasuket and Naram
    Spoiler
    Show
    The two of you had met for some obscure reason (Feel free to fill it in if you so choose, although its mostly inconsequential) when you got attacked by a great beast. Zarasuket was able to recognize it as a monster similar to his own, but was unable to protect himself from it. As the monster quickly made short work of the two, the last thing Naram noticed was a black robed man walking up to the two of them, holding it back from killing them.

Barz
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leaving your home in the small town you lived in, you found yourself making your way out of town, at which point you were surrounded by a number of well armed bandits. Fighting to the best of your skill, you defeat and disable the majority of them, until one of them got a powerful cheap shot to the back of your skull, next thing you remember, you were within the prison.

Spoiler
    Show
    You are free to do what you want, in attempts to escape, i'll even allow unorthodox ideas if they are interesting enough
    Last edited by meemaas; 2012-04-19 at 08:01 PM.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: An Unchanging Reality

Naram wakes up slowly, then bolts upright on remembering what happened.

He shouts out in Gnomish:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zarasuket! Are you ok?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Goblin

Default Re: An Unchanging Reality (Take two)

Serp wakes up and looks arounds him. Great he is in prison cell. And probably not any prison, considering how he got caught. Millions thoughts flows through his head, a lot of them having way too much to do with certain Elf, from certain thieves guild he sorta robbed back in the day, for his tastes.

He walks slowly towards the doors, looks around, trying to see if he recognizes this place or anything around.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception roll if I see anything strange: (1d20+4)[11]
    Knowledge Local to see if I can recognize this place: [roll]1d20 +5[/roll] and Knowledge Dungeoneering support roll to that (1d20+5)[9]

"Eophyn! Dromet! Guys, are you there?!" He yells. He
    hopes they are okay.

He shouldn't be worried about them. Dromet is strong and Eophyn is amazing swordfighter, is anything happens they can take care of themselves.Through they are reckless a bit, but that's whythey need him - his Brains, Dromet's brawl and Eophyn's swordskill make the deadliest of combos nothing can defeat, as they used to say.
    Well, nothing except some guy with two swords who will probably come to torture him later. Or worse, them.

Yeah,like he would give him that satisfaction.

He starts inspecting the lock, to see what a mode is this and what he would need to crack it open.
    Spoiler
    Show

Roll for Perception, Knowledge Dungeoneering and Knowledge Engineering to inspect the lock and the doors, looking for any weak points rogue could use to open them.
    (1d20+4)[22]
    (1d20+5)[17]
    (1d20+5)[18]

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show
    Repeating Knowledge Local roll that I wrote wrong in previous post
    (1d20+5)[10]

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

Her head hurt. The last thing she could remember was the man with the swords. She pulled her self half way up, using her arms as braces. She checked herself, her things were gone.

She heard her friend called to her and she responded, "I'm okay... So what's the plan?"
    Last edited by shugyosha; 2012-04-19 at 08:37 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"Really, jail," Dromet looks around for fabric in his cell, maybe a blanket or something. He then checks the bars to see if any jiggle a little.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

After hearing his friend shout in Gnomish, he knows something must have happened. Zarazuket sits bolt upright and is about to summon his eidolon when he realises he's in jail.

Not jail, please! How am I going to survive?

When he sees the half-giant he is shocked and shouts out in gnomish.

Spoiler
    Show
    What are all these people, god, how are we going to get out?

8. - Top - End - #8

GnomeWizardGuy

[In Gnomish to Zara]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can't understand why someone would want to take us prisoner. Maybe they thought we were someone else? I wonder if these other prisoners might know more.

Naram looks across at the people in the other cells.

I think there's been some mistake, we were attacked while traveling and just woke up here. Do you have any idea where we are?

9. - Top - End - #9

"Do you think a rat could get under through the bars and scout around to see what's oon the other side?" With this he summons a dire rat, that appears by his feet.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Barz wakes up and sits there for a short time to take in where he is. He then walks up to the bars and takes a look around at the other people in the cells.

"Thrown in a cell in a small room with what looks like 5 other people, odd. What did that group want with me, and why did they throw me in a cell?" He thought to himself.

He looks across and can see and elf in the same situation, possibly all the cells had people in similar situations.

"Hay Elf, you get beaten up at random and thrown in a cells too or am i the only particularly unlucky one today?"

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Rentaromon View Post
    "Thrown in a cell in a small room with what looks like 5 other people, odd. What did that group want with me, and why did they throw me in a cell?" He thought to himself.
    "Hay Elf, you get beaten up at random and thrown in a cells too or am I the only particularly unlucky one today?"
    I think that happenned to all us. But, we need to see who our capturer is. Zarazuket sends his dire rat through the bars and up the stairs.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

It was good that she could hear her friend's voices and they sounded alright, but not seeing them frustrated her.

The big man across the way spoke to her. His story sounded familiar, "The three of us were attacked a guy with two swords. You?"

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by shugyosha View Post
    Eophyn

It was good that she could hear her friend's voices and they sounded alright, but not seeing them frustrated her.

The big man across the way spoke to her. His story sounded familiar, "The three of us were attacked a guy with two swords. You?"
    "Well their might have been a guy with 2 swords among the other 8 of them...Any idea why you are here, or where here is?"

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

Goblin

"To get out." Serp answers Eophyn, indicating that he has no idea what to do. Yet. Beign a man of few words, he lets the others continue talking as he works on the lock.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-04-20 at 02:25 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Serp

Spoiler
    Show
    The bars are well designed, but the lock seems shoddy. It could be possible to remove the lock with enough effort.

Dromet

Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to shake the bars, you can tell that although the bars are well designed, they were loosely put in, as though they were installed recently.

Zarakuzet

Spoiler
    Show
    The rat finds a closed door at the top of the stairs, unable to get any further.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned

Goblin

Serph tries to use what he learned inspecting the lock to the doors.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Disable device check
    (1d20+7)[9]
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-04-20 at 09:55 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    check fails. Feel free to retry, but every failure is gonna make it harder.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Banned

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show

Serph is going to try until he will open these doors.
    (1d20+7)[10]

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    DC 15 + 1 for every failed attempt. If your that serious, roll a bunch in order. Your next one is at 17. At some point if you fail too much, you may just jam it so that it won't unlock period.
    Last edited by meemaas; 2012-04-21 at 08:48 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

GnomeWizardGuy

Naram strains to read the papers on the far wall, hoping for some clue.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception: (1d20+2)[16]

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Naram

Naram can't quite read the fine print on the papers, but he can read enough to tell that each and every one of the visible ones is a bounty poster. And at least two of them contain people in this room on it. He also notices that a few of the posters aren't quite resting against the board like they should be, like something is keeping them up.

22. - Top - End - #22

GnomeWizardGuy

Naram says to Zarasuket: Maybe you can send your rat to the poster board, perhaps there's something there we could use to pick the lock.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Banned

Goblin

One last try

(1d20+7)[21]

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Serp

After trying and failing twice to mess with the lock, you find a way to dislodge it from the door, causing the door to swing open, without anything holding it in place.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

She heard the door swing open and she grinned widely. "You did it. I knew you were handy to have around. So scout before you let us out?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by meemaas View Post
    Serp

After trying and failing twice to mess with the lock, you find a way to dislodge it from the door, causing the door to swing open, without anything holding it in place.
    ((could have just taken a 20))

"Wow either your skilled or these cells are less secure than they look."

Barz decides against attempting to kick the door in, the noise would not help the situation even if he got it open.

Barz looks over his cell, to see what he can turn into a weapon. He is not exactly the best crafter in the world but he might be able to get something to help him fight.
    Last edited by Rentaromon; 2012-04-21 at 10:17 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Banned

Goblin

Serp smiles, trying very hard to hide how proud of himself he is.

"Better I'll free you first, you'll do the scouting while I'll take care of the others." He says, moving towards Eophyn and stating inspecting her lock.

Spoiler
    Show

Again, perception (1d20+4)[10], knowledge Engineering (1d20+4)[21] and knowledge Dungeoneering [roll1d20+7[/roll] to inspect the door and the lock. I'm trying to find any possible weak point in either.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Banned

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show

that one roll I did wrong (1d20+7)[26]

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    He finds that that lock, and should he examine the others, are all the same as his. As such, they can be disabled in the same manner. In fact, i won't even require a roll, since you've successfully done it once, and these are shoddily made.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Banned

Goblin

"Gimme a moment." Serph starts opening the lock, then goes to open Drommet and then everybody else's. "Go watch the stairs" He tells Eophyn, once she's free.