New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Banned

Goblin

Default Re: An Unchanging Reality (Take two)

Serph has enough of this whole thing, it's quite confusing. He decides to take a bit of a walk to clear his mind.

EDIT:

Once Eophyn tells him about the problem, Serph seems visibly worried, but also a bit curious. "How do you know that?" He asks.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-08-25 at 11:34 AM.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

"a monk told me he is a frequent visitor and they expect him soon." she replies.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Banned

Goblin

"Oh, in that case we really should....Wait, no." Serph suddenly changers his ton and looks strangely angered and grim. "If he's frequen visitor, he probably honor the laws of neutrality. We should ask the monks to start the negotiations between us. They probably can do it, as long as they don't show either side any favoritism." He starts walking around, with hands behind his back. "I don't know about you, but I've been running away for some time. I have enough. If I'm going to run, I at least want to know why." He tells Eophyn, looking very frustrated with his life. "Tell me everything monks told you."*

* - we can just skip it, no point repeating the same thing again, right?

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

The young elf explains the best she can what the monk had told her. "We should find Dromet and come up with a plan."

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"Hey guys. Find anything interesting?" Dromet seems to be relatively in good spirits.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

She explains again what she found out from the monk. "... and so Serp here wants to face Findo. Any way you can think of convincing him this is suicide?"

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"Well, it may be of little consequince because I think he is on the road here. I saw someone riding in and it could fit his description," Dromet says.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

8. - Top - End - #308
    Banned

Goblin

"Then we don't have much choice anyway. Let's go ask some monks to be mediators." Serph says.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

Frustration crawls over her face as she finds that her choices have been diminished. "Fine, I'll go ask the monks you guys come up with a plan."

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"Well the monks stay neutral and we can't fight here. If we stay then we might as well become monks because he will never let us leave without capture, maybe," Dromet says to Serp.
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

As Eophyn meets with the monks and explains their wishes for a meeting with Findo Gask on this neutral ground, Serph and Dromet remain behind to plan between each other.

About 20 minutes later, the monks come to collect Serph and Dromet, bringing them in to a small enclosed room wherein Eophyn is already sitting. After the other two sit down, a door opens up and the man clad in the pitch black armor steps inside. He removes his helmet, handing it to the monk next to him, and takes his place at the seat on the opposite end of the room from the party, his very gaze as though it pierced through the minds of those who looked at him. After he too has sat, the monk which Eophyn had talked to before steps up between them.

"These travelers have invoked our neutrality and requested a chance to meet with you personally when you arrived, Findo Gask. While they are on this, our most holy ground, they are not to be harmed by you or your men, and they are not to bare arms towards you or your men either. This, above all else, is the sole sanctuary upon our lands." As he finishes his sentence, he places his hand on a pedestal in the center of the room, and holds it there, before a bright light envelops the room, filling all inside with peace.

"Now, as the visitors have requested this meeting, they are allowed to speak first." The monk waves his hand towards the three, stepping back to stay out of between the two groups.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you so wish, you may attempt to spellcraft this effect.

Likewise, if you are interested, you may also attempt a knowledge history, or knowledge religion check. You cannot make this check untrained.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

The young elf looks nervous at the situation. It is safe to say the brandishing her weapon was not on her mind. She's sooner run from this place. She looks at Serph to see what he wants to say.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+5)[24] spellcraft

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Dromet barrels ahead with a question, "Who is it that seeks us and why did you let us escape before only to follow us now?"
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

14. - Top - End - #314
    Banned

Goblin

Serph, quite frankly as much scared of Gask as Eophyn, looks nervously for a moment and he whispers to Eophyn.

" He seems to have soft spot for you, you do the talking. Thank him for letting us go free last time we meet. Then ask why we were kidnapped in the first place. Don't forget to mention we didn't do what we were accused of and he knows it. " He then backs down and decides to observe black knight as he talks.

Spoiler
    Show

Sense Motive (1d20+9)[27]

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eophyn

Spoiler
    Show
    You recognize the spell effect as a variation of the spell Sanctuary, designed to effect the entire room individually. You also recognize that it is an incredibly high powered version of such, and don't believe anything could break it.

Gask smiles, his smile sending chills down the spines of everyone who sees it. "Why, whoever said i followed you here? I finished my business at the mansion. Had to kill them all. Failure is unacceptable. And i came here to pray to study the writing. My friend here." He waves a hand at the monk that spoke. "Can vouch that thats what i do when i visit. As for who i work for? Well, if i told you, i'd have to kill you. All of you, actually. My employer likes to be anonymous."

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

She gave Serph a stern look and then turned to face Gask. "My colleagues and I would like to thank you for letting us go, but why kidnap us and frame us?"

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Orders, my dear. I assure you though. I had nothing to do with the bounties. That would be another more loyal servant to my employer who did that. I was simply ordered to hold you until such time as the bounties could be collected on and your death sentence be carried out. Obviously, my men failed. To capture you again right after you got out right under our noses would have just been boring. You understand right? Its all about the fun."

18. - Top - End - #318
    Banned

Goblin

"And what are you going to do now?" Serph asks. He doesn't say more, but again looks suspiciously at Gask.

Spoiler
    Show

Sense Motive again (1d20+9)[11]

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"That depends. I kinda feel like using my talents to help...." He let out a very creepy chuckle. "Those who aren't fortunate enough to afford my services. As it stands, capturing you three just wouldn't be any measure of a challenge. Don't you think? Its no fun when i wouldn't even have to take the fight seriously.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

"You could help us by retracting the warrants for us," she asks.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Banned

Goblin

Serph remains silent, thinking about man's words.

Spoiler
    Show
    I would do more but I want to see his reaction to Eophyn's words

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Not within my jurisdiction. Not like i'd do it anyways." He leaned forward and smiled. "It'll be more fun to watch you run until you can get your names cleared on your own. Any more questions? Because i'm growing bored here, and i have business in the Reynald kingdom to take care of."

23. - Top - End - #323
    Banned

Goblin

"If I get you right, you say you won't capture us now, but rather let u run to play a game of cat and mouse with us?" Serph asks, trying to hold his emotions on leash.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"That sounds nice. So not much effort, at least not for some time. Let us try to free ourselves while you take care of more important business. Fine, I can deal with that," Dromet says.
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

Eophyn adds, "And you feel like helping... but won't clear our names... Well what are you willing to do to help us?"

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gask smiles, and stands up, waving aside the monks around him. "I never said i was gonna help you. Not once. No, this is your story. I don't have any intentions of capturing you now, but when next we meet, you will be stronger still. For others among my employers....service....will be after you. Unless you can keep a low profile." He then moves for the door from which he came in, stopping before he leaves. "Of course, if you killed me, you'd be able to get all the paperwork necessary to clear your name. But thats if you think you can..." He trails off his last word, and then leaves the room, leaving only the monks and the party behind.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Banned

Goblin

The moment of silence that had fallen after Gask leaves is interrupted by single, short sentence Serph says loudly.
    "I @#$%ing hate this guy."

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

She almost sighs when Gask leaves the room"What now?"

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"Well, the merchant went to Vestaria right? I say we go that way. If need be we can look him up for help later, seeings how he owes us now for smuggling his wares across the border. That sound good," Dromet says to his companions.
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Posting to update since the subscription failed to update