New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: An Unchanging Reality (Take two)

"By all means miss...Eophyn, was it? I hope you and your companions have an interesting journey." He moved past them, heading straight for the same path the five of you came from, passing by each of you without saying another word.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

Fear is quickly replaced by anger "How do you know my name? No one here has mentioned it," she calls out as she takes the first step in her battle dance.
    Last edited by shugyosha; 2012-06-25 at 04:49 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"Okay, so not going where he said," Dromet whispers to Serp. Dromet then watches the man on the horse more closely.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The man continued to walk past the group, stopping on the other side despite the reactions he had been given. "I wouldn't raise your weapons at me. I could flatten the five of you in less than a minute if I had the incentive." He cleared his throat. "As I'm sure is obviously clear, I know a lot more than you do. But it is my decision to turn a blind eye to this. Just remember that if I wanted to capture you, I could do it with my own two hands. Do with that knowledge what you will." He then proceeded down into the hidden path into the forest disappearing in the direction the party had come from.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Banned

Goblin

"What was that all about?" Serph wonders, suprised. "Well try to puzzle it out later. Lets get away from this strange place." He says and waits for the rest to head out to the town. Not the one the bizarre scary guy suggested of course, no way they're going to trust him.

Spoiler
    Show

Can I make sense motive on guy's last words? if so (1d20+8)[12]

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

Once he was down the path she mutters, "I really don't like that guy."

She turns to her friends, "So now what do we do? Go to town, where they know we are heading? Or someplace else?"

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry. Forgot about your sense motives. As far as any of you were able to tell he was telling the truth. Or rather, what he believed was the truth.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Banned

Goblin

"No way, we're heading to some other town."

Spoiler
    Show

I made knowledge Local to know abotu the towns several psots ago, what about them?

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, feeling particularly forgetful today, i guess. You recognize the two towns named as being part of the Kingdom of Gestorn.

Samuria is a small merchant town, that has strong ties with the Kings castle, being the main supplier of goods to the kingdom.

Lightroot town is a significantly larger town, to your knowledge it is one that was used as a center for the Kingdom's military, which is normally used for simple matters like taking out monsters that may or may not be terrorizing the kingdom's people.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Banned

Goblin

"We're going to Lightroot. It's bigger and it'll be easier to dissapear in the crowd, and it's the one the guy didn't suggested." Serph says. There is no way they're going where that scary man wants them to. Even if he actually didn't meant to led them into a trap, it's better to be safe than sorry. But what if he wanted him to think he wants them to go to Samuria, when in reality he wants them to go to Lightroot? Or even worse, wanted Serph to think he wants them to go to Samuria, when he wants them to go to Lightroot becase he knew Serph is going to realize that and go to Samuria anyway. But what if he predicted that Serph will realize that and...
    "I have a headache." Serph mutters to himself, holding his head in his hands.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

"You sure he didn't say that because he knew you were a suspicious person and wouldn't trust him?" she teased Serp. She punched him in the arm and headed to Lightroot.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: I ready to do the whole bit if you hadn't done so in Serp's head.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The "three" of them head to Lightroot. The trip takes about four hours and by the time they arrive, dawn is approaching, and the guards in front of the gates step in front of the party, preventing entry while the larger one of the two starts to talk.
    "What business have you here?" The guard demands, one of his hands on his weapon in his sheath.
    The town, as you approach it, has been heavily walled off, with strong fortifications and guard towers along every wall. The construction appears to be brand new, however.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

Giving her best smile, she greets the guard. "A little rest and little food and then we'll be on our way."

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The guard looks her up and down with a scowl, and steps to the side. "I've got my eye on you. If i hear even the slightest peep that you might be a Reynald spy, i'll gut you and string you up along the ramparts as a sign to any of your comrades." He growls a bit and motions for the gate to open enough to let the three inside.

Inside the town there is a large number of soldiers moving about. It appears that recently the troops that lived within were mobilized, because a large majority of the men are all wearing armor marked with the sign of the kingdom of Gestorn, and every one of them is armed to the teeth. The majority of the town is set for quarters for the army, along with a large recruitment office and training grounds. The smaller part that is not offlimits to the general traveler, is a small all purpose tavern. Containing the inn, and the local merchant, well, the merchant that doesn't deal in multiple forms of weapons. The last thing of note is the large message board in the center of town, reachable even by travelers, upon which various jobs are posted for soldiers and adventurers alike. There are even some bounty papers posted.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Banned

Goblin

"Get rooms for us." Serph says and goes to check the mesage board. He looks for any useful informations and any easy job to have some quick buck for next days. They don't know when they have to move out and should keep low profile, but sadly, if they want to prove their innocence, they need money.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

"Sure thing," she says and heads to the inn.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Dromet will follow Serp, reasoning he would need the most help in a fight.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

There are a couple of notices for monster attacks, mostly small fries, kobolds, goblins, the occasional orc holed up somewhere nearby. Most pay minimally. There are a few larger requests. One from a young man looking for help to redeem his name, another for bodyguards to a rich merchant that will be traveling to the Vesperian kingdom, and a bounty paper for the three of you. It's written differently than the one you found in the mansion though, with no explanation of what you did, a request to bring you in alive only, and signed by one Findo Gask.

Eophyn

The inn costs 5gp a room a night. Covers food and bed.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Guys still here?

20. - Top - End - #230
    Banned

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show
    Damn, I thought I posted in here. orry, my bad.

Serph memorizes the offers.
    "See anything that interets you?" He asks Dromet, nonchalantly pushing his back on the wall in place where their wanted posters are. "We cannot stay here for too long." He whispers to him quiletly. He is very irritated. To think they have the man who set them up and let him go. What is that Gask guy playing?

Spoiler
    Show
    How high check for ripping that part of the wanted poster where Gask's signature is unnoticed would be? And what skill it would be?

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm gonna go with DC 15, Sleight of hand.

I think it fits. Even if it isn't a listed use of the skill. Good luck

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

She asks for a single room. It wasn't the first time she would have to share a room with these guys, then headed out back to the guys.

"I got us a room. What's up?"

23. - Top - End - #233
    Banned

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show

Sleight of Hand it is then (1d20+7)[15]

"See if you find anything interesting, we'll need some money. Also, our friend from tracks was somebody important." Serph answers Eophyn.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

"The room is a bit pricy. We need work soon. Any work to be found?" she asks not having looked at the board.
    Last edited by shugyosha; 2012-07-15 at 01:03 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Banned

Goblin

"Only two worth taking. A guy needs to clear his name and another needs to protect his arse. Latter probably pays better, but will take us to other kingdom. Former stinks of a trap." Serph says. "Don't know if we wouldn't use change of climate, if you know what I mean."

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"I say we get out of here asap. To another kingdom sounds like a good plan," Dromet speaks lowly to his associates.
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Up to you, do you call it a night, or do you seek out the contact for the merchant contract first?

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Eophyn

She looks at Serp, "Rooms paid for. So what's the plan."

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"Sleep on it, then find this person, sound good," Dromet asks as he points to the posting.
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Assuming you have nothing better to do, the three of you take the poster from the board and call it a night. Day. Whatever. You wake up roughly two hours past noon, possibly later, by the judge of the sun, and proceed to search out the man listed in the contract.

The man who posted up the contract is busy packing some stuff into a wagon when you arrive. He looks at the three of you for a moment, and then gets back to work, speaking as he pushes another random object into the wagon. "What d'you want?"