New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 81: Ghostbusters!

Storytime

And now his friends are leaving . Good thing Kashi is asleep, or he'd probably sulk a whole bunch at that.

Maybe Brinika would stay to keep him warm though.

Rowan Cabin

Julie laughs lyrically, "I know some gals who have hordes of little ones running around their feet, and say it's the best thing they've ever done. I wasn't ready for two, so I think I'm going to be thinking very, very carefully before I try for more." Of course, the thought had crossed her mind as to what another baby by this reincarnated Eric would look like, with little wolf ears and tiny elven limbs.

Still, it's no more than idle fantasy on her part.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Storytime!

Brinika stays inside Kashi's coils the entire time, enthralled by the story. She felt really sad for Dark Step and his parents at first, but she's glad he helped the Wolfen find something after death. It wouldn't be fair for them to just fade away, so it's nice they found a place in the dark. Dark is good and safe. And she's also really happy that little wolfen who die get to come back. After the story is over, she stays snuggled up to the nice big dragon.
    Reelshka is less drawn in by the story, since she's older and less impressionable than the tiny whelpling. Still, something about it resonates deeply with the goblin soul, since they all have a bit of darkness within them. After the end of the story, she approaches Pathfinder with a smile, but is overtaken by Lily.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-05-06 at 08:41 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

Sakura grins a little and giggles. "I don't know how many kids I want, but it's at least a few more. I've already talked to Adir about it, and he's fine with at least one more." She's is pretty sure she wouldn't mind more than even that. She'd love to be just what Julie described. "I've still got a while before I'd be thinking about that, though."

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Island Cave}

Ooooooh, those bad guys. The Old Man says, facing Vincent and Caroline once again. Then by all means yes, kill them. They should be dealt with quite harshly in fact.

He then stands up and walks toward Vincent. And now that you mention it, I remember that there is one such villain. he pauses. But no, I think it'd be much too dangerous for a kid and his young girlfriend. He turns to go back to his seat.
    {Island Cave}

"Hey, I'm no kid! I'm the Main Character!" Vincent says, scurrying to get in the way of the old man and his seat.

"What villain?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

The sorceress shakes her head as she see Sakura but can't help but to smile a bit as well. Two kids was more then enough for her at the time being but it's hard not to share the dryad's enthusiasm.

"Yes, as Julie just told us, twins are a very special gem. As I said about a million times before, I never expected one children, yet alone two. It just happened." Yes, it do happen when you have unprotected sex.

"But tell us a bit more about this house project you have going Sakura." She says before turning to Julie. "My dear friend here have hired the same people who build the keep to build a house for them. I'm very excited to see what it's going to be. Especially seeing I know she have big plans for the future." She turns to smile wryly at the dryad.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-07 at 12:28 AM.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

[Storytime]

Eric was passing by as the storytime got ready, going to get food, and now he's on his way back to the rowan cabin with some plates of food in his arms. despite this, he stops, an idea occurring to him.

He caught the end of the story, so while he didn't manage to catch too much he still caught the fact that it was pathfinder doing the telling. He puts the plates down on a nearby table as he approaches the Wolfen, and, when there's a chance, will ask him, "You're Pathfinder, yes? Do you do exorcisms?" This chance will likely only come up once Pathfinder is actually awake, as Eric won't try to interact with him as a spirit.

All the while, Eric watches the food he set down, glancing back now and again. with so many children around, food theft could end up as a problem.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-05-06 at 02:38 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

{Island Cave}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Hey, I'm no kid! I'm the Main Character!" Vincent says, scurrying to get in the way of the old man and his seat.

"What villain?"
    The Old Man smiles villainously before Vincent can scurry around to face him.

Caroline doesn't notice.

So you want to try to depose a tyrant? Do you really think you can handle it?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

8. - Top - End - #458

[Outskirts of GloG]

Hekta looks curiously at the collection of buildings in the distance, she hadn't seen anything this interesting outside the city before. Outside was so much different then inside. No people, no buildings, just trees and grass.

To her it didn't matter much of course, people rarely noticed her anyway. Lately thought she had started taking more risks, wanting to push the limits to see how far she could go without getting caught.

Which had led her here, this place was supposed to be special somehow. She had overheard that much. So she had decided to steal from it while getting a chance to see something new.
    This was going to be so much fun!

Turning invisible she sneaks towards GloG, looking around for someone to steal from. Anything shiny might catch her eye.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Orc in the Playground

Storytime!

Natalie waves goodbye to the catperson spirit she had hugged. Maybe she'll see it again some day. The second story was nicer in her mind; but Natalie disagreed with part of what the Darkness did in the first, so this one's nicer. It's nice to think of people who have died being somewhere else and happy, though this story made that slightly unclear.

Myrim also enjoyed the story; she knows what happens to the dead of her world and wonders what it must be like to not know that the Mind passes on to The Next World as the Soul is reborn and the Body returns to the Elements it was created from. Although the last is likely known about, since it deals with the physical.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #460

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Rowan Cabin]

Sakura grins a little and giggles. "I don't know how many kids I want, but it's at least a few more. I've already talked to Adir about it, and he's fine with at least one more." She's is pretty sure she wouldn't mind more than even that. She'd love to be just what Julie described. "I've still got a while before I'd be thinking about that, though."
    Rowan Cabin

"A new house? That sounds wonderful. Promise me you'll invite Eric and I over for your housewarming, assuming we can get some time away from the kids." Some socializing outside of GLoG would be nice, especially since it'd be with some relatively new faces.

Storytime

Hekta might see some coins scattered around a sleeping dragon, which is curled around a tiny goblin girl in the middle of the common area.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind if she just... took some, right?
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #461

Storytime

Tel-Zaf Kax watches in silence as the second half of Pathfinder's story plays out before him, his arms crossed loosely over his chest. While he watches the smoke shift and flow before him, his thoughts are still far away in the realms of revenge and memory. An idea does manage to pass through into his consciousness, though: A seemingly harmless gem that has the power to inflict great damage.
    Perhaps.
    Perhaps.

The story ends. Reelshka steps forward to speak with the story-teller while Tel-Zaf Kax hangs back and silently waits, his steel-grey eyes watching her carefully.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

StoryTime

Waterstrider frowns a bit. As much as he liked the story, he was concerned for his brother. This was the first time he'd seen him do such a thing. At Tito's question, he looks down. "Legend has it that they raise another child every so often, but it generally isn't revealed as to who it might be."

Pathfinder's body is still as his spirit has yet to rejoin it, and for anyone watching, they'll see his spirit whisper something in Waterstrider's ears. The Welfen smiles a bit, but stays silent for the moment as Pathfinder rejoins his body.

Those around him will see him suddenly gasp for breath, coughing as he tries to wave everyone back. "Everyone, give me a moment." He says with a slight annoyed growl when they all crowd around. "I'll answer questions tomorrow."

13. - Top - End - #463
    Troll in the Playground

Storytime

"That's sad. They never know their brothers or sisters that way," Tito says. "It'd be like being an only child."

Lily whimpers a little at Pathfinder scolding her and moves away, her lip wobbling.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #464

[Story Time]

Freddie is sticking pretty close to Lily, though the demon fox seems to be keeping a watchful eye on all the children. Almost reminiscent of the family dog tending to the kids. It's nice to have a place that he belongs to again. A village to live in. And a job to do.

One day...

When he gets enough tails...

He'll take a human form that looks just like he used to when he was human.

And... he'll go home. If only to say goodbye. So his family wouldn't believe him to be dead. He would have to steer clear of the Temple, but...

The Huldra will reach out a bit to boop Lily with the end of his nose. "It was a good story, wasn't it?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Camp

After a few days of recuperation, Marty's foot feels fine. He emerges from the cabin happily. First time he was happy in a while. His grin soon fades though when he steps outside and his eyes turn to the ground. He wears his usual heavy clothing. He moves over to the kitchen in search of the Applehills! He was rather hungry. Maybe he could borrow a knife or other utensils. He is a cook himself, but forgot to bring his bag of kitchen supplies. He left them at the inn. He walks into the kitchen. Er....A-Applehills? H-Hello?

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

Kitchen

The kitchen is empty of Applehills. There's lots of food though, all ready to eat. Or a pantry full of cooking ingredients if he wants to cook for himself. Of course he'll have to move the step stools out of the way that the halfling family use when they are cooking, but other than that, the kitchen is ready to use.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

Kitchen

Marty frowns. He just wanted a knife to make some toast. Or...well. He was sure the family wouldn't mind if he used the kitchen. Marty got out some food and set to start baking a batch of cinnamon pastries. He's made about twenty. He leaves a note on the counter. It reads
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Applehills,
    I hope you didn't mind that I used the kitchen. I
    made some cinnamon buns for anyone if they want some.
    Thank you,
    Marty

18. - Top - End - #468
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Storytime!

Ah well, nothing ventured nothing gained. The Dragonite flicks away the fish piece. He will try to pat it lightly with a claw whiles he lowers the sprite to the ground. Curiosity satisfied, he'll let the little creature go.
    The sprite is released and promptly flees for its little life.
    But it does give a little farewell wave first!
    Dragonite may be terrifying, but it did give good food.

Off to find its brethren!

Which are still lurking somewhere behind Kashi, consuming further coins, and generally trying to stay out of the way of everything.
    Still unaware that a story been told, but still very aware that the entire situation wasn't very normal. But now, perhaps, with things more settled down, they'll do something more interesting than flailing about.

Or they'll keep eating coins. Which is what they do, for now.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

"Oh yeah, sure. It's gonna be a house right inside of a hill, underground. I think it sounds like it'll be really nice. And they said it won't take too long for them to make it. I can't wait to see it." Sakura says. Her eagerness creeps into her voice as she speaks.

20. - Top - End - #470

[Rowan Cabin]

The sorceress raises an eyebrow, "Underground? Somehow I couldn't imagine you living underground Sakura. I'm sure it will be lovely though. How large are you planning it to be? In my mind the keep got a bit too large, especially since I'm not really planning any big family."

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Storytime

Hekta might see some coins scattered around a sleeping dragon, which is curled around a tiny goblin girl in the middle of the common area.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind if she just... took some, right?
    Storytime

Took? If she found some coin that someone had so carelessly thrown on the ground she couldn't be blamed for it. That would just be silly.

She starts to pick up the coins around the two, putting them in her little purse which she also found where someone very carelessly left it. She's of course careful so no one will notice the coins disappear... but greedy enough to take all of them.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-07 at 11:34 AM.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Island Cave}

The Old Man smiles villainously before Vincent can scurry around to face him.

Caroline doesn't notice.

So you want to try to depose a tyrant? Do you really think you can handle it?
    {Island Cave}

"Pffft. Easily. Deposing tyrants is practically what we do."

Maybe there will finally be plot behind this game! Vincent doubts it. This game is so bad at being cohesive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

22. - Top - End - #472

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    The sprite is released and promptly flees for its little life.
    But it does give a little farewell wave first!
    Dragonite may be terrifying, but it did give good food.

Off to find its brethren!

Which are still lurking somewhere behind Kashi, consuming further coins, and generally trying to stay out of the way of everything.
    Still unaware that a story been told, but still very aware that the entire situation wasn't very normal. But now, perhaps, with things more settled down, they'll do something more interesting than flailing about.

Or they'll keep eating coins. Which is what they do, for now.
    Storytime!

The dragonite gives the sprite a wave back before turning back to the story.

He prefered the first, probably because it applied to him more. Creation of the world trumps creation of a deity. And afterlife? Not something he tends to think about, the afterlife of a particular species even moreso. He wouldn't care much if he heard the story of where growlithe's go when they die.

He turns his head to Kashi. "Dragonite, Dragonite Dra?"<So Hatchling, what did you think of the story?>
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-05-07 at 10:35 PM.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    "I'll answer questions tomorrow."
    [End of the Story]

"Right, sorry," Eric says, backing off. He hadn't realized how tired the wolfen would be after all that, and so quickly retreats back to what he was doing, grabbing the plates of food before moving back to the

[Rowan Cabin]

The three women will hear a knock on the door. Eric can't open it - he's got arms full of food!
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

24. - Top - End - #474

Rowan Cabin

"Underground... that'd be nice. I- oh! That'll be Eric back with the food." Julie waves at the door frivolously, using a bit of psychic tweaking to turn the nob and pull the door open.

"Let's put aside the discussion and get some food into ourselves, shall we?"

((And since the scene has dragged on quite a while, I propose a timeskip to after supper, when goodbyes are being said.))

Storytime!

Unfortunately for the Dragonite, Kashi is still snoozing away the remains of his meal. He'd probably tell the obviously older dragon that he enjoyed the story quite a bit otherwise.

Hekta may have to fight the ash sprites for the coins, but there are a few gems she can take, assuming they don't eat those too. There's plenty to go around!
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-05-07 at 10:35 PM.

25. - Top - End - #475

[Main Room]

And now back in his time line Andy sit's here after a long sleep. Everyone wanting to his cabin will be directed here. A small box lays near his feet and a mountain of paper lays on the table.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

[Storytime]

While Kashi is asleep, the Dragonite might spot a head poking from behind him. It belongs to a tiny goblin girl with grey skin, brown hair tied in two braids, big orange yes, little pointy fangs and big floppy ears. Her eyes go wide when she sees another dragon.
    Oooooh. Hi! Can you talk?

Reelshka, meanwhile, sees that Pathfinder needs rest and departs, returning to Kax. Alright. Let's head to the Infirmary and you can tell me about your mysterious ailment.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

27. - Top - End - #477

Storytime!

The dragon pokemon waves to the little goblin. "Dragonite." <Sort of.> he answers. "Dragon Dra." <Nice to meet you, I'm new here.>

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #478
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Story Time]

Freddie is sticking pretty close to Lily, though the demon fox seems to be keeping a watchful eye on all the children. Almost reminiscent of the family dog tending to the kids. It's nice to have a place that he belongs to again. A village to live in. And a job to do.

One day...

When he gets enough tails...

He'll take a human form that looks just like he used to when he was human.

And... he'll go home. If only to say goodbye. So his family wouldn't believe him to be dead. He would have to steer clear of the Temple, but...

The Huldra will reach out a bit to boop Lily with the end of his nose. "It was a good story, wasn't it?"
    Lily pets Freddy automatically, but is still distressed. "No! I didn't like it."

For Lily, that is remarkably terse. What's up with that?

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #479

[Story Time]

No kidding!

Usually she continues rambling about the subject and any speculation she might have on the subject and how her favorite Wolfen relate to the subject! A simple no is... well... Freddie just hasn't encounter that before!

That and he hasn't ever heard Lily comment negatively on anything that has to do with Pathfinder.

So obviously something must be up.

The Huldra's ears flatten out a little as he leans forward to boop Lily with his nose again.

"What's wrong?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

30. - Top - End - #480

[Storytime]

The little demon attempts to swat away the ash spirits, hers!
    She even throws herself over the coins, trying to cover them with her invisible body. She will attempt to take the gems at the same time of course, can't just decide on one of course.