New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 81: Ghostbusters!

{Island Cave}

Caroline follows Vincent out. Once the hidden door closes behind them, she looks at Vincent. Did you notice anything strange about that guy?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

{Island Cave}

"You mean besides the fact that he lives in a fish and didn't give us very much useful advice at all and wants us to kidnap kids to bring to him to live in the fish?"

"No, not really, why do you ask?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Troll in the Playground

{Island Cave}

Caroline looks behind her and up, as if searching for something. You didn't notice the giant video screen, with characters on it that looked similar to us? It gave me the willies.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Brinika looks around and her ears twitch as she tries to figure out what the dragon means. Finally, she nods. I visit here a lot, because my aunt and my friends live here.
    What is no longer Storytime

"Dragonite."<Sounds nice.> This could be useful Useful. Brinika might know where a decent cave is. How do you communicate that, though? "Dragonite. Dragonite?"<I'm looking for a good cave. Do you know where I can find one?> He tents his claws together in front of him to make what he hopes is a cave shape.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

{Island Cave}

"Oh, that. Yeah. I noticed it. He totally didn't tell me what was going on when I asked him though." It was the first thing he asked! Then the conversation got derailed elsewhere.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    What is no longer Storytime

"Dragonite."<Sounds nice.> This could be useful Useful. Brinika might know where a decent cave is. How do you communicate that, though? "Dragonite. Dragonite?"<I'm looking for a good cave. Do you know where I can find one?> He tents his claws together in front of him to make what he hopes is a cave shape.
    Brinika's ears twitch, then the left one perks up while the right one droops as she assumes an expression of deep thought. Sorry. I don't know what you're saying.
    Which is unfortunate, since she and her aunt do know where to find caves. Comes with being goblins and living in Underside.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Bugbear in the Playground

Storytime

Hekta still holds the coin firmly against her chest but the ash spirits will have easier access to a few coins and gems which she dropped on the ground once Kashi rolled over her.

The demon herself looks with big-eyes at Kashi, afraid to move even a muscle. Eventually she breaks out of her initial paralyze however and opens her mouth. "Ijustfounditdidn'tknowitwasyours." She says while offering the little gold she have left back to the dragon.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-09 at 06:07 PM.

8. - Top - End - #518

Brinika's ears twitch, then the left one perks up while the right one droops as she assumes an expression of deep thought. Sorry. I don't know what you're saying.
    Which is unfortunate, since she and her aunt do know where to find caves. Comes with being goblins and living in Underside.
    So nouns that aren't you, me, and here are going to cause some trouble. Also a problem with not having a written language. The Dragonite sits up and crosses it's arms, an act imitated by it's antennae, as it thinks of how to communicate. With a claw he scratches a long C shaped curve in the ground, then draws out a circle in the center of the curve and a little family of circles living in the poorly drawn cave. "Dragonite?"<Does this help?>

My Characters

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

{Island Cave}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Oh, that. Yeah. I noticed it. He totally didn't tell me what was going on when I asked him though." It was the first thing he asked! Then the conversation got derailed elsewhere.
    No derailment. The Old Man answered, then asked his own question.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Just sitting down, playing my favorite game. The characters keep me amuzed.

But more importantly, can I help you?
    He leans forward.

Do you think that was actually us? She looks back over her shoulder. And if so, how is he watching us?

They might find themselves back in the entrance, if they are walking as they are talking.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Rowan Cabin

"Underground... that'd be nice. I- oh! That'll be Eric back with the food." Julie waves at the door frivolously, using a bit of psychic tweaking to turn the nob and pull the door open.

"Let's put aside the discussion and get some food into ourselves, shall we?"

((And since the scene has dragged on quite a while, I propose a timeskip to after supper, when goodbyes are being said.))
    Timeskip go! No doubt Sakura enjoyed the meal, just as long as she was able to avoid the meat. Afterward she's all ready to go, bag in one hand and Laela snug in her stroller.

"Supper was really good, thanks again." The dryad says. "And it was nice meeting you, Eric. And the babies too."

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

{Island Cave}

No derailment. The Old Man answered, then asked his own question.

Do you think that was actually us? She looks back over her shoulder. And if so, how is he watching us?

They might find themselves back in the entrance, if they are walking as they are talking.
    It wasn't a satisfactory answer.

"Well if he is watching us, then its on his tv and the only way to get him to stop is to smash it and/or this fish into pieces." Vincent looks around for the different coloured spot.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #522

[Storytime]
    Reelshka, meanwhile, sees that Pathfinder needs rest and departs, returning to Kax. Alright. Let's head to the Infirmary and you can tell me about your mysterious ailment.
    As Reelshka approaches, Kax uncrosses his arm and shifts his weight so he's standing evenly on both. "Lead the way," he says with a nod. "You'll forgive me if I don't quite know how to get around this camp." His hands fall into his pockets, resting in them loosely. Even though he seems to be more or less relaxed and non-confrontational, Reelshka will get a strong impression that this is a man prepared to react to a fight with only a moment's notice.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

Story Time

"Perhaps, but it is for their own safety and that of the Tribe."
    Waterstrider explains, keeping an eye on Lily as he does so. "See, if others knew about it, it'd make them a really big target for slavers and the like. Instead, they live meaningful lives and intermix their powerful blood with our own, making us all the stronger."

Pathfinder finds the edge of his vision turning black, the exhaustion from what he did simply too much for his body. He struggles to upright himself, but his muscles can't find the energy to do so. Instead, he lays back and gives in, knowing he's safe here. His body falls limp and his breathing slows as he blacks out.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-05-09 at 11:54 PM.

14. - Top - End - #524

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Timeskip go! No doubt Sakura enjoyed the meal, just as long as she was able to avoid the meat. Afterward she's all ready to go, bag in one hand and Laela snug in her stroller.

"Supper was really good, thanks again." The dryad says. "And it was nice meeting you, Eric. And the babies too."
    Rowan Cabin

"I'll be sure to tell the Applehills you enjoyed it. Feel free to stop by anytime Laela feels lonely." Julie leans in to give Sakura a friendly hug. It really was a pleasant afternoon all things told.

Storytime!

Kashi gives a big toothy grin at Hekta. It wasn't often he got the chance to play the part of the big scary dragon Rawr!

So with great ceremony, he rears back his head, parts his teeth and then...!

Spits a coin at Hekta's forehead. If it hits, it should bounce off and land in the pile she's hold out to him.

"Snyyui! <That's okay, you keep them.>" He trills happily, and extends his tongue to try to flick Hekta on the nose with the tip.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

So nouns that aren't you, me, and here are going to cause some trouble. Also a problem with not having a written language. The Dragonite sits up and crosses it's arms, an act imitated by it's antennae, as it thinks of how to communicate. With a claw he scratches a long C shaped curve in the ground, then draws out a circle in the center of the curve and a little family of circles living in the poorly drawn cave. "Dragonite?"<Does this help?>
    Brinika scratches her head as her ears fall back in thought. Finally, she says tentatively: Are you looking for home? Dragons live in caves, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    As Reelshka approaches, Kax uncrosses his arm and shifts his weight so he's standing evenly on both. "Lead the way," he says with a nod. "You'll forgive me if I don't quite know how to get around this camp." His hands fall into his pockets, resting in them loosely. Even though he seems to be more or less relaxed and non-confrontational, Reelshka will get a strong impression that this is a man prepared to react to a fight with only a moment's notice.
    Follow me, then. Reelshka will lead the way through the camp to a large cabin that serves as the campsite's infirmary. Well, here we are, she says once they're there.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

16. - Top - End - #526

Storytime

The Dragonite gives her a smile and nod. She got it perfectly.

My Characters

17. - Top - End - #527
    Troll in the Playground

Storytime

"I'm glad I have a little sister. Even if she's stupid," Tito says. "Will Flamecrest have any brothers or sisters?"

Lily nods happily at what Freddie says, but then sees Pathfinder pass out. She tiptoes over to him and kisses him on the head. "Waterstrider? Will he be okay?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground

Storytime

The Dragonite gives her a smile and nod. She got it perfectly.
    Brinika beams. Yay! I think there are some caves in the mountains just outside the camp. But I've never been there. I live in a cave, but it's down below in Underside, she prattles.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Storytime]

Aw, she moved all the coins back out of reach again.
    Drat.

The ash sprites look up at Hekta's hand rather mournfully, trying to think of a new way to acquire their food, should it get taken away again.
    It's been awhile since they've found coins just lying around on the ground in these numbers!

It was like a little tiny feast.

What to do if the feast runs away...
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

20. - Top - End - #530

Storytime -> Infirmary

Kax makes something of a show of looking around the cabin as he is lead inside. Whether this is a stalling tactic or curiosity is up for debate. After a few moments, he squares his shoulders and turns his attention to Reelshka.
    "I have found myself bound to a certain... contract. One I didn't get much say in. Have you heard of a witch named Feia?"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

21. - Top - End - #531

Storytime

"Dragonite?"<Underside?> The big dragon asks curiously. What's this Underside thing?

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #532

[Storytime]

Hekta holds her breath as Kashi rears his head back, her eyes wide-open...

...and the a gold coin bounces off her head and a large dragon tongue pokes her nose. As her initial fear slowly subsides a new feeling seems to be lit within the eyes of the little demon.

"Ohh, so cute!" She exclaims and stuffs the coins in one of her pockets, giving the ash spirits a glare as she start to pet Kashi on the nose, giggling as he flicks her nose.

Rowan Cabin

Cessie chuckles, "I'm afraid all my freedom will be eaten away by my own work and the twins unless I get a good servant. Or dump them on my dear husband." She smiles wryly. "But I have a good time here, it's good to exchange experience with people you know."

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Storytime

"I'm glad I have a little sister. Even if she's stupid," Tito says. "Will Flamecrest have any brothers or sisters?"

Lily nods happily at what Freddie says, but then sees Pathfinder pass out. She tiptoes over to him and kisses him on the head. "Waterstrider? Will he be okay?"
    Renetta has of course been silently listening in on the conversations as she's been sitting here the whole time. *nodnod* "Maybe someday, but that wouldn't be for a long time yet." She looks up at Waterstrider and smiles.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Storytime -> Infirmary

Kax makes something of a show of looking around the cabin as he is lead inside. Whether this is a stalling tactic or curiosity is up for debate. After a few moments, he squares his shoulders and turns his attention to Reelshka.
    "I have found myself bound to a certain... contract. One I didn't get much say in. Have you heard of a witch named Feia?"
    Reelshka's forehead wrinkles in though and her ears fall back. Eventually, she shakes her ead. No, I can't say I have. But I take it she was the one to bind you with that contract.

Storytime

"Dragonite?"<Underside?> The big dragon asks curiously. What's this Underside thing?
    Brinika's ears twitch and she tilts her head. She wonders what the big dragon could be asking about. She picks the thing she feels is the least obvious.
    Um, Underside is a very big place underground. Lots of caves and tunnels. There's a big goblin colony there and I live in it.

25. - Top - End - #535

Infirmary

Kax nods. "Aye. She's the one. Killed me. Brought me back to life. Bound me to her service. I'd very much like to escape it." He crosses his arms, looking at Reelshka evenly. "Do you think you can do it?"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

26. - Top - End - #536
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    It wasn't a satisfactory answer.

"Well if he is watching us, then its on his tv and the only way to get him to stop is to smash it and/or this fish into pieces." Vincent looks around for the different coloured spot.
    Awww.

The fish begins to giggle, then laugh, and then it seems as if it's about to sneeze....

But it doesn't. It just opens its mouth and waits for them to leave.

Let's go before it closes again. Caroline says as she runs for the exit.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Pixie in the Playground

[Moonless Midnight - Slaughter? What? I Do Not Know Of This Brutality Of Which You Speak!]

Woot! Valaira successfully crept over to the public showers while drenched in blood on a pitch black moonless night! Yes!

She somehow managed to scrub and scrape most of the mangled body bits clinging to her armor and hair off of her, but in her haste, she was more than a little reckless in doing so and she neglected to rinse off a spot or two.

Now she's cold and wet. Brr! The spite toward cold she harbors rises to the surface as she glares and shivers upon being exposed to the chilly air upon leaving the safety and privacy of the washrooms. At least she's clean and almost entirely free of traces of other people's DNA despite all adversity! Nobody can blame her for that ordeal as things stand! No direct witnesses of the event survived and nobody has started pointing any fingers, claws, tusks, or paws yet.

She couldn't rub the scent of blood off of her frame in such a short time period, however. She's going to have to ditch her armor until tomorrow night then sneak out into the forest to burnish it with a nice glaze of boiling metal. She'd better stow it in the Maple Cabin and grab some well-deserved shuteye before daybreak.

Maple Cabin, ahoy!

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground

Awww.

The fish begins to giggle, then laugh, and then it seems as if it's about to sneeze....

But it doesn't. It just opens its mouth and waits for them to leave.

Let's go before it closes again. Caroline says as she runs for the exit.
    [Outside Fishie]

Vincent has no qualms about hurrying after Caroline to get out of the icky fish.

"We should swim back." Rather than take the boat. To get the stench off.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

{Island of Many Adventures}

What about the boat? Caroline points at said boat. We can't just leave it here.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Moonless Midnight - Slaughter? What? I Do Not Know Of This Brutality Of Which You Speak!]

Woot! Valaira successfully crept over to the public showers while drenched in blood on a pitch black moonless night! Yes!

She somehow managed to scrub and scrape most of the mangled body bits clinging to her armor and hair off of her, but in her haste, she was more than a little reckless in doing so and she neglected to rinse off a spot or two.

Now she's cold and wet. Brr! The spite toward cold she harbors rises to the surface as she glares and shivers upon being exposed to the chilly air upon leaving the safety and privacy of the washrooms. At least she's clean and almost entirely free of traces of other people's DNA despite all adversity! Nobody can blame her for that ordeal as things stand! No direct witnesses of the event survived and nobody has started pointing any fingers, claws, tusks, or paws yet.

She couldn't rub the scent of blood off of her frame in such a short time period, however. She's going to have to ditch her armor until tomorrow night then sneak out into the forest to burnish it with a nice glaze of boiling metal. She'd better stow it in the Maple Cabin and grab some well-deserved shuteye before daybreak.

Maple Cabin, ahoy!
    She might run into Marty! Walking back from the kitchen. Actually, the rather...disturbed man is paying attention only to his sleeve, swinging his arm about like a madman. In reality, a rather large beetle had just landed on his shirt and he was trying to get it off! With a mighty swing of his arm the beetle goes flying! ...Straight for Valaira's face.