New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 81: Ghostbusters!

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Island of Many Adventures}

What about the boat? Caroline points at said boat. We can't just leave it here.

"Why not?"
    Adventurers leave stuff behind all the time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

Story Time

Waterstrider moves to set his paw on Lily's shoulder reassuringly before pulling a nearby blanket over his brother. "He will be. This was his first time doing something like that, so he's really really tired. He just needs time to recover." When he hears Renetta's comment, he can't help but look back and smile to her, tail wagging slightly. It hadn't been so long ago that the "Maybe Someday" had been "never", and that made the moment especially meaningful to him.

Forest Hut

Pathfinder listens closely to what Freddy had to say, marking it all down mentally. At the mention of garlic and salt, a paw falls idly down to one of his pouches at his side, and he gives a nod. At the end, he looks the Huldra over more closely, reaching out with his spirit to get a better judge of it. "Is there a way to learn of a Revenant's presence well ahead of time?"

3. - Top - End - #543
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Story Time]

Freddie doesn't have much to add, just letting those who know each other better speak for the time being.

[Forest Hut]

What Pathfinder's spirit finds may be...

Troubling.

The Huldra is hollow inside. Like a tree that has been burned out by fire but still grows regardless. Only unlike those chimney trees Freddie is still very much alight inside. Within the demon-fox writhes a burning amalgamation of every soul he has consumed.

His ghostly fox-fire.

"Death," he replies simply. "Revenants hate the living and will slay any they can given the chance. Creatures they kill are twisted into Wights under their control, undead husks that are a mockery of whatever they were in life. If a Revenant were nearing the campsite we would probably encounter its victims first."
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-05-10 at 10:25 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Pixie in the Playground

[Moonless Midnight - Attack Of The Insectoid Facehuggers From Marty's Sleeve!]

Oh gods, not a creepy-crawly-shiny beetle-aggressor assaulting Valaira's face! Whatever has she done to Dalachrech to warrant him loosing his exoskeleton-ed horde upon her?

As Valaira darts through the shadows en route to the Maple Cabin, the killer beetle from Marty's sleeve collides and latches onto her face!

In a split second, Valaira's inner turmoil is shattered and cast out the window, flattened by a semi, and kicked in the gut a few times for good measure and replaced an usurping force, confusion!

Something landed on her face! She jumps and only manages to stifle a yip of shock by the skin of her teeth. That doesn't prevent her from gasping noisily and clamping a gauntleted palm onto the pommel of her blade.

In a flash, she bring her hand upwards, rips the terrible bug from her flesh, and thrusts it upon the ground with as much agility and energy as she can muster, her arm blurring slightly as it travels through space.

Now is probably the time she espies Marty.

She immediately does her best to look innocent!

That's a basically impossible feat seeing as she's wearing tons of combat armor and a recently bloodied blade is strapped to her side.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

Attack of the Face-Hugger Beetles

The poor beetle splats on the ground with a nasty crunch. Ew. Marty's jaw drops. The man is dressed in his usual black suit. (Big Sig Banner) the blonde man stuttuers out slowly. Um...s-sorry miss...um...wait. Y-Your sword? You...you're covered in b-blood. What? Um...d-don't hurt me p-please! He was afraid of the woman and her blood-soaked blade. Blood...could be anyones.

6. - Top - End - #546

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Storytime]

Hekta holds her breath as Kashi rears his head back, her eyes wide-open...

...and the a gold coin bounces off her head and a large dragon tongue pokes her nose. As her initial fear slowly subsides a new feeling seems to be lit within the eyes of the little demon.

"Ohh, so cute!" She exclaims and stuffs the coins in one of her pockets, giving the ash spirits a glare as she start to pet Kashi on the nose, giggling as he flicks her nose.
    Storytime

Kashi's eyes go big as he gets an idea, and moves his head out of the way of more nosepets for a moment. He turns around some of his bulk so that his left wing is facing Hekta and kneels his forepaws down so that his body is at straddling height.

"Snyyu? <Want to go flying?>" Kashi's head turns back around so he can peer at her curiously.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Troll in the Playground

Storytime

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Story Time

Waterstrider moves to set his paw on Lily's shoulder reassuringly before pulling a nearby blanket over his brother. "He will be. This was his first time doing something like that, so he's really really tired. He just needs time to recover." When he hears Renetta's comment, he can't help but look back and smile to her, tail wagging slightly. It hadn't been so long ago that the "Maybe Someday" had been "never", and that made the moment especially meaningful to him.
    "Will the spirits guard him so no monsters hurt him while he can't wake up and fight?" Lily asks.

Tito returns to gently petting Flamecrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Forest Hut

Pathfinder listens closely to what Freddy had to say, marking it all down mentally. At the mention of garlic and salt, a paw falls idly down to one of his pouches at his side, and he gives a nod. At the end, he looks the Huldra over more closely, reaching out with his spirit to get a better judge of it. "Is there a way to learn of a Revenant's presence well ahead of time?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Forest Hut]

What Pathfinder's spirit finds may be...

Troubling.

The Huldra is hollow inside. Like a tree that has been burned out by fire but still grows regardless. Only unlike those chimney trees Freddie is still very much alight inside. Within the demon-fox writhes a burning amalgamation of every soul he has consumed.

His ghostly fox-fire.

"Death," he replies simply. "Revenants hate the living and will slay any they can given the chance. Creatures they kill are twisted into Wights under their control, undead husks that are a mockery of whatever they were in life. If a Revenant were nearing the campsite we would probably encounter its victims first."
    Lily burrows her face against Pathfinder's fur. The Revenants and Wights sound even scarier than Boggarts! D= "Isn't there something to throw at them to make them go away?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Infirmary

Kax nods. "Aye. She's the one. Killed me. Brought me back to life. Bound me to her service. I'd very much like to escape it." He crosses his arms, looking at Reelshka evenly. "Do you think you can do it?"
    Reelshka shrugs.
    Well, I can't. But I'm pretty sure someone here might. I could ask around.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Storytime]

She might not understand what he just said but his body language is clear enough. "Wee!" She exclaims as she start to climb up on his back. "I'm going to call you Hugo!"

10. - Top - End - #550

Infirmary

Once again, Tel-Zaf Kax nods. He didn't very much care who did it, so long as someone could. Although, that said, he did want to keep this more or less quiet. "I'd appreciate that," he says, his gruff voice low. "But I would also appreciate it if you were light on the details until you find someone capable."
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Reelshka's ears twitch. She can understand Kax's caution now... arrogant witches who bind people against their warrant such things.
    Alright. Do you want to stay here until I find someone? We have a cabin for guests.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Why not?"
    Adventurers leave stuff behind all the time!
    Because someone else might want to use it? she heads to the boat. I'll take the boat, you swim.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

13. - Top - End - #553

[Storytime]

She might not understand what he just said but his body language is clear enough. "Wee!" She exclaims as she start to climb up on his back. "I'm going to call you Hugo!"
    Storytime!

Kashi shakes his head, indicating he already has a name, but takes off anyway. Hekta better hold on tightly!

Not wanting her to get scared, the serpentine dragon decides to just do a loop of the lake and then back to the common area, skimming low over the water for most of the trip and letting his claws drag over the surface lightly before swooping upwards and looping around in a tight arc.

He'll head back to where they took off from, unless Hekta somehow indicates that she wants to go elsewhere.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

Cessie chuckles, "I'm afraid all my freedom will be eaten away by my own work and the twins unless I get a good servant. Or dump them on my dear husband." She smiles wryly. "But I have a good time here, it's good to exchange experience with people you know."
    [Rowan Cabin]

"Right," Eric says, picking up the dirty dishes, "I hope to see you again soon then. It was good talking to you - maybe the babies can all meet the next time you're over," He is, of course, referring to Cessie's children. He'll then take the dishes into the kitchen to wash.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

15. - Top - End - #555

Rowan Cabin

"And I've got to be going. I promised Sophie I'd talk with her for a while this evening, and I don't want to disappoint. Goodbye to you both, and keep in touch!" Julie heads out the front door after Eric goes to do the dishes, leaving Sakura and Cessie standing in the living room on their own.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Attack of the Face-Hugger Beetles

The poor beetle splats on the ground with a nasty crunch. Ew. Marty's jaw drops. The man is dressed in his usual black suit. (Big Sig Banner) the blonde man stuttuers out slowly. Um...s-sorry miss...um...wait. Y-Your sword? You...you're covered in b-blood. What? Um...d-don't hurt me p-please! He was afraid of the woman and her blood-soaked blade. Blood...could be anyones.
    [Moonless Midnight - Night Of The Un-living Beetles]

Valaira regularly finds a way to make mouths swing agape, but this isn't her classic technique or style. At least squishing that beetle was satisfying! That atones for a sprinkling of tribulation that this chance encounter might terminate in!

Marty should be careful not to discriminate against vampire magnets like Valaira with her latest wardrobe addition! You never know when one or two of them might come in handy!

Valaira presses her index finger to her lips as Marty begins freaking out about her blood-speckled...everything. He's honestly out to blow her cover, and the worst thing is, he is decidedly a pro when it comes to that!

"Ssshhhh! I just returned from an expedition! Keep your voice down! I don't need Quinn to see me like this! I'm not about to chop you up into bite-sized pieces and throw you into the lake or into a pot or anything!"

That's an absurdly vivid hypothetical to mention to a spooked man on a pitch black night with no witnesses around and a lake to dispose of bodies located so conveniently nearby!

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

StoryTime

"I promise that he'll be safe."
    Waterstrider says to Lily. "But if you want, we can all settle down here for the night and you can make sure he dreams peacefully." He tells her.

Forest Hut

The shaman pulls his senses back into his body before giving a nod. "I'll keep that in mind, but you'll have to go into detail about the Wights later though." He says, setting a paw on Lily's shoulder to comfort her.

18. - Top - End - #558

[Story Time]

"If it's all the same," Freddie speaks up, his ears perking forward a bit. "I'd like to stay our here with the children as well if they choose to sleep under the stars."

The Huldra sounds...

Protective? Loving. Concerned.

And excited.

They'll get to watch for shooting stars until they fall asleep!

[Forest Hut]

Freddie winces. Whoops... too many details...

"Never to worry, Lily," the Huldra says, his voice confidant. "Pathfinder can ward the whole campsite against the monsters so they can't get in. It'll be the safest place in all the woods."

19. - Top - End - #559
    Troll in the Playground

Storytime >> Slumber party time!

is insufficient to contain the excitement. Sleeping under the stars! With her two favourite Wolfen! Her four favourite, if Renetta and Flamecrest stay too! And Freddy who was sort of like a Wolfen but not quite too! Lily is forced to jump up and down and clap her hands and squeal to prevent exploding.

Even SrsHat Tito manages to perk up. "Really? That'll be fun!" =D

Pathfinder's Hut

"Oh yeah," Lily says. And relaxes again.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest Hut

Pathfinder gives Freddy a smile at that comment, knowing that it was to comfort Lily. "We can talk more of spirits later, but for now, would you like something to drink?" He asks. He doesn't say eat, as he didn't care for the fact that Huldra fed on souls and spirits, even though it was likely a necessary cycle of life. While Freddy seemed perfectly friendly, he had to protect the spirits around him. It was his Duty.

Slumbertime

Waterstrider smiles to the halfling children and give them nods. "Collect the blankets we brought and pile on around him. You too, Freddy." He says before looking at Renetta, wondering if she'd stay for now. If nothing else, he and her could sneak off in the night to the forest hut to a more comfortable bed.

21. - Top - End - #561

[Forest Hut]

Freddie can totally eat things that aren't souls! He just won't gain any nutrition from the food when it's turned to ash inside his burning body. Same thing will probably happen with drinks. Reduced to steam and organic residue.

But despite this Freddie knows full well that eating with a person is a sign of friendship with them. And to decline would be rude.

He nods in reply. "That would be wonderful, thank you."

Will Lily get something too?

Stay tuned to find out!

[Slumber Party!]

Four little wisps drift out of the Huldra and POOF POOF POOF! transform into three big, thick, warm wool blankets! They smell kind of strange, strongly of fire and the forest. But they're just as soft and cuddly as the real thing.

The fourth wisp becomes a little lantern and hangs itself on a nearby tree. Those fox-fire illusions sure are interesting things...

Freddie leans over to boop Lily with his nose. "You need to introduce me to your brother," he says as he moves to lay down near Pathfinder. Though... with enough space between himself and the Wolfen for the children to nestle between them.

He's a Huldra after all. He isn't sure how he feels about sleeping right next to an adult. Well... he's VERY sure how he feels about it. Hungry. Which is why he plans on sleeping next to the children instead.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

[Slumber Party Time!]

"That sounds like fun." Renetta says. She knows she's not going to be able to stay the whole night. There's nowhere for Flamecrest to sleep and she's not sure about her baby sleeping outside anyway

23. - Top - End - #563

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Storytime!

Kashi shakes his head, indicating he already has a name, but takes off anyway. Hekta better hold on tightly!

Not wanting her to get scared, the serpentine dragon decides to just do a loop of the lake and then back to the common area, skimming low over the water for most of the trip and letting his claws drag over the surface lightly before swooping upwards and looping around in a tight arc.

He'll head back to where they took off from, unless Hekta somehow indicates that she wants to go elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Rowan Cabin]

"Right," Eric says, picking up the dirty dishes, "I hope to see you again soon then. It was good talking to you - maybe the babies can all meet the next time you're over," He is, of course, referring to Cessie's children. He'll then take the dishes into the kitchen to wash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Rowan Cabin

"And I've got to be going. I promised Sophie I'd talk with her for a while this evening, and I don't want to disappoint. Goodbye to you both, and keep in touch!" Julie heads out the front door after Eric goes to do the dishes, leaving Sakura and Cessie standing in the living room on their own.
    Storytime!

Having never flown before, on a dragon no less, Hekta looks extremely fascinated by the brief tour over GloG. Her claws dig in tightly into Kashi's scales as she holds on to him. Only after a moment she seems to have got used to the wind and adjusts her seat accordingly.

"Oh! Oh! Oh! Can we go to the city? I must show Elias!" She exclaims, pointing towards inside in the distance.

[Rowan Cabin]

"Farewell. Hope we see each other again." Cessie bids them before leaving with the dryad and Laela.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post

Because someone else might want to use it? she heads to the boat. I'll take the boat, you swim.

"You know they can just get another boat out of the boathouse, right? It's not limited or anything..."

But if Caroline insists, he'll do it that way then.

[Entrance]

Harnel and Cessie probably arrive here right about nowish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Troll in the Playground

Slumber Party

"But you met Tito already! He came to rescue me when the onion lady and her killer friend were attacking us!" That wasn't really a meeting, Lily. Or an attack, for that matter. "See, here he is. He's so boring and serious, ALL the time!"

"Better than being dumb!"

"Better than being a coward!"

"I'm careful! That's not the same as being scared!"

"Oh yeah. But you were still scared of Freddie, and he's really nice and he's helping Pathfinder protect us from monsters!"

Tito throws up his hands. "Aaargh! You are... such a girl!" Apparently this was the only appropriate insult he could come up with.

Intervention may be necessary.

Forest Hut

Pathfinder will probably get Lily a cup of goat's milk, freshly milked this morning by one of her parents. It's Lily's favourite thing to drink.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-05-12 at 12:32 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] GLoG 81: Ghostbusters!

[Lucy and Bill]

Lucy smiles as the Deathclaw falls asleep, walking quietly away to study the surrounding area. Inspecting it for nightmarish taints and hidden creatures, but breathing a sigh of relief at finding none.

The nurse does, however, find a glowing porcupine, and decides to see if the magic that translated Bill's speech works on it as well.

"Greetings, smalls sire. Or is it madam?..."

And thus the Undead nurse passes the night exploring magic, unless strange events come to pass.

(My apologies for not posting sooner)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

27. - Top - End - #567

[Slumber Party]

Oh dear.

Arguing children.

Those are the worst kind.

Freddie remembers well enough fighting with his back in the day. But those memories seem so distant and dream-like now...

The Huldra coughs politely as the children squabble with each other. Should polite coughing prove ineffectual he'll resort to making a rather funny sounding fox-yip to get their attention!

"If we argue too loudly we might disturb Pathfinder,"
    Freddie points out. "And it's nice to meet you again, Tito. I promise I'm not dangerous."

Not to children at least.

"I have an idea. How about he have a contest! Whoever can spot the most shooting stars wins."

Wins what?

Why, the satisfaction of victory of course!

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

A Dark Night Under the Moon; Hopefully Not another version of 'Sweeney Todd' Starring Valaira

Marty whimpers. Being chopped up and put in a pot wasn't on his list of things to do in this lifetime. I....W-Who are y-you?! Ch-Chop me up in a p-pot? Or...a l-lake? What?! P-Please d-don't hurt m-me! Marty trembles in fear. The blood-covered warrior terrified Marty, who was already somewhat creeped out at the task he had set off to do. He stays away from the warrior, his dark vlue eyes showing fear. He didn't want to die! I'm...I'm g-getting Q-Quinn!

29. - Top - End - #569

Storytime!

Having never flown before, on a dragon no less, Hekta looks extremely fascinated by the brief tour over GloG. Her claws dig in tightly into Kashi's scales as she holds on to him. Only after a moment she seems to have got used to the wind and adjusts her seat accordingly.

"Oh! Oh! Oh! Can we go to the city? I must show Elias!" She exclaims, pointing towards inside in the distance.

[Rowan Cabin]

"Farewell. Hope we see each other again." Cessie bids them before leaving with the dryad and Laela.
    Storytime! - To The Skies!

Kashi trills his understanding and then pulls into a tight circle, trying to orient himself properly. Let's see.... if he recalls correctly, Inside should be over thataway.

So that's the way he heads, hoping that Hekta can give directions to where she wants to go from there. Whee adventure!

30. - Top - End - #570

[Entrance]

"Reminds me when I was in the wilderness once." Cessie comments as she GloG in the distance. "We were with a people called the 'wolfen' in their camp. Two of my best friends got married there actually." She smiles faintly even if she didn't enjoy that event as much back then as she would have now.

Storytime! - To The Skies!

She could provide vague directions at the very least as she right now just likes to enjoy the ride. They will probably find their way there though... eventually.