New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 81: Ghostbusters!

[Outside GLoG]

"I've met a few people who use more than words to hurt..." the Huldra replies sadly. Like the fellow he placed his trust in, expecting to be trained in the ways of a true hero.

Instead he got stabbed and turned into a monster.

Then comes a very unpleasant question. A question at which Freddy's ears lay back as a ache runs through his body. "Yes... it hurts a lot. It hurts because it burned up all my insides and hollowed me out like an old log."

That sounds like it would hurt quite a bit.

A single wisp of blue flame drifts off the demon-fox before twisting and whirling and dancing in front of the girl. "But mostly the fire only hurts me. It's safe for other people to touch it."

The flame is close enough that normal fire would feel hot. But instead a cool aura surrounds the wisp of fox fire.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Outside GLoG

Despite Freddy's assurances, Lily isn't going to take his word for it. Normal fire hurts! Fire that burns up your insides first sounds like it would hurt even more!

"I can show you a sneaky way to the lake so you can put it out!" This is clearly the best plan!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #33

[Outside GLoG]

The wisp of fire dances and twist and twirls and resolves into a wild iris inside a small ceramic pot! The flower drifts down to the road and settles gently with a light *clunk*.

"I wish it was that easy,"
    the demon-fox replies apologetically. "If I get too wet then I'll get really sick. The fire is burning me, but it's keeping me alive too. It's really a rather awful curse."

It really, really is.

"But there is something that makes the hurting go away for a while and fills in the emptiness. I... eerr... I need to get something to eat. I haven't eaten anything in a whole week and that makes the fire burn all the hotter."

Well!

That's easy to fix! Just run and fetch him some roast chicken or maybe some bread or a-

"I eat ghosts,"
    ah. That might be harder. "I came to this place because I could smell all the ghosts here. I thought if I ate them the people would be happy since most people don't like their homes to be haunted. But apparently everyone likes the ghosts and so they got mad at me..."

And now he's sulking.

"...I was just trying to help. Now they all hate me..."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

[Island Cave]

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Oh sure. There's always a way out." Might have to light something on fire or cut a hole or something, but there's always a way.

"Crazy old guy is probably in here somewhere though. If you still want the advice."
    Caroline reacjhes for the make-shift torch. We're hear for you, remember? Let me carry the torch, you may need to kill something.

{Infirmary, after the Attack}

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    When she returns Marty will still be there. Trying to balance his weight in order to not fall and look like an idiot. He frowns at Vidalia. I d-don't t-trust that creature. But he's g-gone now...
    I don't believe he's gone. It sounds like this is a happy hunting ground for his type. She walks over to Jamie & Reinholdt (if he's still there). Do either of you know what that was?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Marty looks over at Vidalia. I'm g-going t-to make sure it's g-gone...I'll b-be back. Marty walks off to his cabin before walking up to the GLoG entrance using a long walking stick to help him get used to the new limb.

GLoG Entrance

Marty sees young Lily talking to the thing that wanted to eat Nurse Piper. Er....H-Hello? Little g-girl! Stay away from that! From what he sees, the thing was deceiving the young girl in preparation to eat her!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Outside GLoG

"The spirits protect us. Pathfinder talks to them and once he sacrificed a bison and it was really scary and really exciting and Tito was such a scaredy pants that he ran away, but I stayed for the whole thing even though I'm a whole year younger than him! But it was pretty scary, and I had to hide my eyes for part of it." Lily digs her toe into the ground. "I wish you ate food. We have a lot of that."

Then she sees a man she doesn't know.

"Stay away from me, or I'll scream!" she tells Marty!

Lily trusts fox-wolves on fire more than she trusts people.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-04-20 at 05:26 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #37

[GLoG Entrance]

At that rambling story the demon-fox' ears lift ever so slightly along with his spirit. "It sounds like you're very brave. I probably don't have any reason to stay here... no one wants me around and they'll get really angry if I eat any of the gho-"

Suddenly stammering person!

The Huldra gives Marty an extremely sour look.

"I'm not a 'that'. I have a name I'll have you know."

He then leans a bit closer to Lily and whispers. "My name's Freddy. But don't tell that guy. He kept calling me a liar and was really rude."

Calling people you just met liars is very rude!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

Oh good, vegetables. The meal will be just fine then. "I think she'll be okay. I fed her not too long before we came." Sakura wouldn't ever think to bother with baby formula either; She wouldn't see the point.

One day Sakura and Adir will wear down Cessie to the point that nudity doesn't bother her anymore. =O

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

GLoG Entrance

Marty frowns. The fox thing was most likely a wolf in sheep's clothing. Marty does briefly consider if his head was just messing with him, and that the fox was just hungry before. But....No. It would have killed and eaten that woman that had done nothing! It would have killed an innocent! It was dangerous! It probably killed someone before...an innocent. Like he did. He looks at the young halfling girl. Th-that thing w-would have eaten Nurse P-Piper. Please, t-trust me. It'll h-hurt y-you. It w-would have killed Nurse P-Piper..Er...absorbed...D-Don't trust him! Marty glares at the Huldra. You're a monster.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Outside GLoG

"I know! Fr- he already told me that!" Lily says, crossing her arms and stomping her foot. Well, he didn't tell her it was Nurse Piper, but he told her he wanted to eat the ghosts. "That means he's not a liar!"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

{GLoG Entrance}

Vidalia had followed Marty, to be sure he was alright. Then she sees Lily, the onion hater, and rolls her eyes. Things had just gotten a lot more complicated. Marty, don't agitate it. Him. He's outside of Glog. Go find Pathfinder. He's Lily's friend. She points toward the woods where Pathfinder might be.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-04-20 at 05:51 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

"Honestly, I only heard a bit. I just woke up you see."
    Reinholdt doesn't really know much of the details. He's a bit disoriented as it is.

Oh she left to chase after that other guy.
    Hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #43

[Outside GLoG]

Freddy visibly winces at the word 'monster'. It's true. He is a monster. How could anyone possibly trust a Huldra?

But...

Wait. Did that guy...? Does he seriously think that he would eat the little girl?

"How in the Emperor's name do you expect me to hurt her? Huldra can't harm children. Everyone knows that."

Duh.

Everyone knows that!

And what's this! It's the vine-arm lady again! Freddy gives a low growl as soon as she shows up. One of the people who threatened him. By all rights he's allowed to devour her where she stands. But she clearly didn't know better.

You never threaten or attack a Huldra if you can avoid it. Because then it can't use violence.

He shows off his teeth at her.

Just so she knows that he means business. "I'm not going to eat any of your precious ghosts! Can't you just leave me in peace for a few minutes?"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Outside GLoG]

Freddy visibly winces at the word 'monster'. It's true. He is a monster. How could anyone possibly trust a Huldra?

But...

Wait. Did that guy...? Does he seriously think that he would eat the little girl?

"How in the Emperor's name do you expect me to hurt her? Huldra can't harm children. Everyone knows that."

Duh.

Everyone knows that!

And what's this! It's the vine-arm lady again! Freddy gives a low growl as soon as she shows up. One of the people who threatened him. By all rights he's allowed to devour her where she stands. But she clearly didn't know better.

You never threaten or attack a Huldra if you can avoid it. Because then it can't use violence.

He shows off his teeth at her.

Just so she knows that he means business. "I'm not going to eat any of your precious ghosts! Can't you just leave me in peace for a few minutes?"
    Marty certainly likes Vidalia much more than the "evil" ghost-eater thing. The Huldra shows it's teeth and Marty backs away a bit, almost tripping but using his walking stick to stay on his feet. D-Don't y-you touch her. She d-did nothing but d-defend Nurse P-Piper. You c-can't h-hurt children? H-How am I s-supposed t-to belive that?!

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Outside GLoG

"I know! Fr- he already told me that!" Lily says, crossing her arms and stomping her foot. Well, he didn't tell her it was Nurse Piper, but he told her he wanted to eat the ghosts. "That means he's not a liar!"
    Marty looks over at her. He liked children, and certainly didn't want her to hate him. I'm j-just trying t-to help you...please...trust m-me...Please?

Marty tells Vidalia, N-No. I d-doubt she'll l-listen.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

{Outside GLoG}

Vidalia glares at the Huldra. Don't bare your fangs at me. I'm not the one who tried to eat Nurse Piper. Tell me, why should I trust you?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Outside GLoG

(You skipped me! )

And now Vidalia is back. And she wants her friend to go and find Pathfinder! What if he's supposed to find Pathfinder and fight him? Of course he would lose, because Pathfinder is the bravest scariest Wolfen ever, but still, Vidalia might hurt her and Freddy while that was happening!

Lily is scared. And she knows exactly what to do when she's scared, because the Wolfen told her! She takes in a deep breath and screams:

"PATHFINDER WATERSTRIDER MOMMY DADDY HEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #47

[Outside GLoG]

"Just a friendly warning~!" the fox-demon says in a sing-song voice that... actually sounds quite friendly. Though clearly forced. No doubt referring to the teeth. At the moment he's scarcely able to hold himself back due to the ache of his hollow heart. But if one of them attacked him...

He's almost certain he would lose control and devour at least one of them. And he would rather like to avoid doing that.

"I released the ghost as soon as everyone was objecting. And I apologize for my cross disposition, but you have to understand I haven't eaten anything for a week."

That would probably make most people grumpy.

"I thought I was doing this place a service by exorcising the lost souls. And I might add that I never drew weapons again an-" aaaand then screaming.

The Huldra grits his teeth as his sensitive ears fold back. Oh Emperor confound it, now what?

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

{Outside GLoG}

((Sorry. Sometimes things move too fast for me, and work interupts. So I have to post when I can.))

Vidalia sighs, rolls her eyes up, and tries to place one hand on Marty's shoulder. Sit down, and shut up! Pathfinder will kill you if you say something he percieves to be threatening or stupid. She tries to pull Marty down with her as she sits down, placing her head in one hand.

She'll wait for the calvary to arrive.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

GLoG Entrance

Marty can't hear anything the Huldra says. Suddenly the little girl was screaming. Ow. Marty growls. G-Good...g-go t-to your p-parents. You're s-safe there. This thing w-would just h-hurt you. Marty glares at the Huldra. Marty is an incredibly friendly person, but he doesn't like it when his friends are hurt or attacked. Marty looks to Vidalia for a minute before swaying and almost falling over again. Oof! L-Leg...Pathfinder? I'm n-not stupid. I c-can talk to p-people just as well as y-you can. Marty snaps. He was so very tired, frustrated, and exhausted. In reality Marty had lost quite a lot of blood the day before. He hadn't taken the special herbs yet, he should when he gets to his cabin yet before he faints from blood loss. Marty realizes he just snapped at Vidalia, who was kind. I...s-sorry...I'm t-tired. D-Didn't mean t-to snap...
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-04-20 at 06:27 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Waterstrider looks like he's about to say something else, but the Welfen's ears raise up when he hears Lily's scream. As much as he loathes to do so, he abandons the bed quickly by sitting up and rolling off the side before sprinting to the door. By the time he gets there, he's on all fours and lowers his shoulder to break through it.

Clearing

Pathfinder gives her a smile, the closest to a grin he can get to without showing his fangs, and chuckles a bit. "I'm almost done building my own place apart from Waterstrider and Renetta's, so maybe we can do something there some time." He offers.

On The Way to the Infirmary

Later in his timeline, Waterstrider's brother is smiling, tail wagging as he goes to see his niece. He had an armful of gifts for her and the rest of her happy family, but when he hears Lily scream, his spine straightens and he drops the gifts.

Luckily it's nothing breakable.

He sees his brother break through the Infirmary door and quickly joins him. At first he runs on merely two legs, but quickly falls onto all four to lope alongside Waterstrider.

Outside GLoG

Anyone paying attention to someone aside from the screaming Halfling might see what appears to be a rather large and angry looking pair of wolves racing towards the group.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Outside GLoG

Lily leaps at the closest Wolfen to her, trusting him to catch her. "I was making friends with Freddy because Vidalia was mean to him and then a strange man called Freddy a liar and then tried to tell me I had to trust him and I know I never have to do that because you told me I don't have to trust anybody that gives me a bad feeling and Vidalia came back and yelled at us and told the man to go and find you and fight with you so she could wrap us up with vines and poison us and then she said you were stupid after I screamed!"

Lily's version of the story is 100% true! Exactly the way she remembers it! *nodnod*

And yes, sadly for Freddy, she already forgot she was supposed to keep his name secret from Marty.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-04-20 at 06:35 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

{Outside GLoG}

Vidalia raises an eyebrow at the accusations. I did no such thing. she looks up at the two Wolfen. Marty is in no condition to be fighting you, even if I wanted him to, which I didn't. she goes back to resting her head on her hand.

23. - Top - End - #53

[Outside GLoG]

Welp!

That totally sounds accurate. And too bad about his name. Looks like the jig is up!

Apparently these large angry looking beasts are friends of the little girl's?

As for Freddy, his first reaction is to mutter, "Weredeor..." and visibly bristle at the sight of the Wolfen. Mostly because the only thing similar back home are horrible man-beasts driven insane by the constant struggle for dominance between the human and animal spirit within their warped, twisted bodies.

Though as the child begins her tirade something clicks in his mind that these two creatures aren't Weredeor at all. And when they get close it's even more obvious that they aren't demons of Discord like himself.

They don't smell right for that.

Without really thinking about it the wolf-sized fox takes on a submissive stance in the presence of the large canids.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-04-20 at 06:44 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Renetta just watches him go without protest. She heard the scream too. She'll fret in his absence, thinking back to when his hand had been cut off.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

GLoG Entrance

Marty looks at the strong wolf-men. Werewolves were very common in Cylar and were hated. His father was bitten many years ago, and Marty never knew until he tried to kill Marty. Marty doesn't like werewolves, but who knows. Maybe those creatures were not werewolves but some other creature. Marty scoffs before explaining to Lily.Um...n-no. Y-You were ' making friends' with a monster that just tried to eat N-Nurse P-Piper. I c-came here t-to see if it l-left. But there y-you were talking to something that just a-attacked a nurse. F-Fight you? No...I j-just had surgery. H-How am I s-supposed t-to be able t-to fight anyone?

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

{Outside GLoG}

((I know I might be skipping again, but I think this is a good time for Vidalia to whisper....))

Smart move, Freddy. she grins, not caring if Freddy hears her or not.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside GLoG

Unfortunately for Lily, the pair aren't able to catch her, and when she leaps, they twist slightly out of the way to allow her to land behind them. Their claws dig into the ground to allow them to slow down, and when they do so enough, the pair turn slightly to the side to present themselves more to the others, as if to provide Lily with more cover and protection.

While they're both nearly four and a half feet tall on all fours, the brothers are quite different in appearance. On the right is Pathfinder. His fur is a light tan and fairly short for the most part except for a thicker mane of braided fur. Along his spine his fur is dyed with deep red chevrons. The left one is Waterstrider. His fur is more golden, and softer looking than his brother's, and while he's overall bigger than his twin, he appears to be slimmer and quicker. While he lacks a mane, his chest has a poofy crest of lighter colored fur. If anyone is observant though, they'll notice how his left paw is missing, replaced with a translucent one that shimmers in the light.

Both of them have their fangs bared in aggression, but Pathfinder's are larger to be more able to punch through thicker hide while Waterstrider's are sharper, allowing his teeth to cut and tear.

With their teeth bared, tails and ears back, and rustled fur, it's obvious that they're trying to tell the others one thing when they let out deep growls.

Back. Off.

At the moment, they don't care if someone gives them a submissive gesture or tries to explain themselves. Right now, Lily screamed and they'd protect her with their lives if necessary.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Outside GLoG

Lily lands with a slide-fall in the leaf mulch of the forest, landing on her hands and knees. She's a bit scraped up, but that's such a common occurrence for the adventurous halfling girl that she doesn't even notice it as she scrambles back to her feet.

"She's MEAN! She's mean to EVERYBODY!"
    Lily insists, pointing at Vidalia, who is clearly the monster in this scene as far as she's concerned.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #59

[Outside GLoG]

The Huldra backs off.

A few steps away.

Though he doesn't run.

Nor does he make eye contact with the brothers.

Nor does he speak up to defend himself.

Nope.

Just going to stand there.

The entrance of the brothers knocked over that potted iris. Smashed the ceramic pot is was sitting in, too. Now there's rich black soil spilled all over the road.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

GLoG Entrance

Marty backs away closer to Vidalia. No, she's n-not. She's k-kind t-to me...s-so f-far. I w-was j-just trying t-to protect the h-halfling...that thing w-would have d-done something horrible. I know th-those k-kinds of c-creatures. They draw y-you in, then they k-kill you and eat y-you. I w-wanted t-to make sure she w-wasn't h-hurt. Marty backs to Vidalia, she's the only one non-hostile to him in this situation it seems.