New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 81: Ghostbusters!

[Slumber Party]

Renetta leans into Waterstrider and nuzzles against him. Flamecrest moves her head into Waterstriders paw a bit, but she's long since drifted off. When they settle down to sleep, Renetta will stay for a while after the kids fall asleep, staying near Waterstrider and enjoying being near him, but soon after that she'll slip off to their hut.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Troll in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

Jamie is still busy in her painting. Apparently now fully engrossed in concentration, in fact, tongue stuck out between her lips in the classic 'I'm working really hard on this' expression!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

"I'm afraid I don't know anything about that. Perhaps you could stop talking about us like we're other people that we're clearly not? It's really quite rude." Harnel says, motioning Kate to actually concentrate on the tour.

Edge of Woods

Reinholdt's not being overly obvious about it in that he's behind Jamie looking at the painting. Unless Jamie looks behind herself frequently while making a picture or something, he probably wouldn't be noticed. Other than that, he's not hiding or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lakeshore

Keo comes up behind Jamie, but hen steps to the side and looks at the painting. Unlike usual, she has a crude sack with her.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Entrance

"Oh, Kate Kyland."

Kate will give them a tour! It's rather short. GLoG is pretty easy to navigate.

"You do look a lot like your counterparts, especially you, Harnel. Cessie... I haven't met this universe's Cessie,"
    A beat. "Sorry, still getting used to Nexus terminology. Anyway, I haven't met the other Cessie yet, but I know that she's married to Harnel and last I knew she was expecting twins."
    Entrance

The mage blinks, wait what? Alternative versions of her and Harnel who were married and would have children together...

She had no idea what to say really. What could a person possibly say to that? Would this means she would fall in love with Harnel as well? Was she already feeling something for him? She had of coursed heard theories about alternative selves but in this world they really existed considering Kate so easily could match the context.

"I see. That's... rather interesting actually." Harnel didn't seem to think so however so she wouldn't push the subject any more then needed. Was there some sort of conflict here between him and his alternative self? Curious...

6. - Top - End - #636
    Troll in the Playground

Lakeshore

The painting is remarkably good, considering Jamie's age-skill set; as mentioned before, it shows her and her adopted siblings (both foxchildren, twin boy and girl) frolicking in a field of daisies.

"Oh! Hi, Keo!" the redheaded Magical Girl says when she spots her with a smile.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #637

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Infirmary]

Reelshka's ears twitch. She can understand Kax's caution now... arrogant witches who bind people against their warrant such things.
    Alright. Do you want to stay here until I find someone? We have a cabin for guests.
    Kax's shoulders move up and down in a single, half-hearted shrug. "I'd appreciate it," he grunts. Finding shelter wasn't that big of a problem; he'd been managing so far. But it'd be nice to take a break from scrounging money together for lodging - provided these people didn't make him pay, anyway. "But I don't know if it'd be a good idea for me to stay long. Maybe a few days."
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

8. - Top - End - #638
    Dwarf in the Playground

End of the tour

The tour ends! As said, not very hard.

"That's it. Any questions?"

She's going to have to go talk to the real-blah, the other Harnel and Cessie as soon as she's done here.

Lakeside

"Hi Jamie! Your picture is coming along nicely. I'm working on a thing, too." She holds up the sack, showing it to Jamie! "I've got to get it done by the beginning of summer!"
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-05-13 at 04:30 PM.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Troll in the Playground

[Lakeside]

Jamie grins, setting aside her brush and taking a look at the sack.
    "Oh? What is it? And why before summer's end?" she asks, curious and cheerful!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #640
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Kax's shoulders move up and down in a single, half-hearted shrug. "I'd appreciate it," he grunts. Finding shelter wasn't that big of a problem; he'd been managing so far. But it'd be nice to take a break from scrounging money together for lodging - provided these people didn't make him pay, anyway. "But I don't know if it'd be a good idea for me to stay long. Maybe a few days."
    Reelshka nods. I understand. Hopefully, I'll have found someone to help you by that time. There's quite a few strong magicians in here.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

Kitchen!!

Andy is a bit confused. seems like this one isn't that eay to handle.

"Green thing?! Hmmm."

He picks a leaf that was still on the top of an apple and places it over to the little creature.
    Kitchen!
    The tiny dinosaur sniffed this over and bit it...
    And swallowed!
    He quickly devoured the leaf and then curled up in a tiny ball contently.
    "Rawr..."*
    *So full...
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #642
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Moonless Midnight-Where Have All the Witty Titles Gone?

Marty frowns. He had been fooled by Sleet. He had taken pity on her. He was fed lies and half-truths. He did horrible things while under her control. He almost killed Kale....lopped off his ear. He would have killed Kale too had he been given the chance. But Kale wasn't evil...it was Sleet. Sleet fooled Kale too. They almost killed eachother. He wouldn't let this woman do the same. No one would hurt his friends again. He picks up the sword and looks over at the crying woman. What if he was wrong? What if she was telling the truth? Well....that was a risk he'd have to take. He picks up the sword and heads to Valaira. Whoever you are, Do ye fear death? I will stab you...I can't l-let y-you hurt m-my f-friends. L-Let me g-get Quinn. Then everyone's h-happy. She'll know w-what t-to do.
    [Moonless Midnight - Valaira's Godly Knoife!]

Now this is a knife!

To say that Valaira's blade is heavily enchanted would be an understatement. It is radiating enough magical energy to outshine the completed triforce! It is both long and heavy, but more critically it is as sharp as a blade could feasibly be and then some. It is bulky and cumbersome to someone not trained in its use. If Marty's current build doesn't include a wicked amount of musculature, he might have a fair heap of trouble with the issue of dragging or toting the bloody metal blade along with him wherever he should choose to traipse.

Regardless, the traumatized man is paid almost no heed as Valaira takes another step forward and...

Oh! That's no fun! No fun at all!

She halts in place, a sudden breeze brushing her silky black ribbons of hair from her face, parting them cinematically to frame both sides of her perfectly elongated face. Marty might feel the sword in his hand pulling itself, and most likely himself, toward Valaira's back. As the tip of the razor-sharp blade presses itself lightly against the space between the 1st and 2nd bone structure composing her spinal cord, he might want to reconsider his last few uttered words directed at Valaira.

"The way I see it, you have a decision to make."

Valaira whispers, her tone of voice abruptly (and frighteningly) devoid of any and all emotion.

"Either you can join the ranks of the living as an archetype of everything that makes me such a misanthrope and fills me with regret when I behold how my creation has been exploited or you and drop your inane attitude and my edge, allowing me to perform the rites honoring a man far greater than most will ever be in the privacy of his own room where in memory or death, I am not sure of which, I can tell him the things I was too weak and scared to tell him in life. I relied on him, and he deserves glory for fulfilling every single promise he ever made to me."

"Let me go to my quarters and hold my vigil for he that is lost or fallen and bring Quinn by at your leisure or strike me dead where I stand."

"I've taken care of all the most difficult parts of this impasse. You determine whether you would either ram that sword to rest in my throat or back off."

"Do what you think you can live with, what your heart realizes is right, for once you've made your embarked down one path or another you will find yourself far down a forked road from whence you can never return."
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-05-14 at 12:20 AM.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lakeside

"I'm making luck dice! At the beginning of a season, I'm going to roll for my luck! But first I need to finish my dice."

She pulls out a crude bit of bone that might be a cube after a lot of work, and a large, ornamental silver dagger with a intricate carving on the ivory handle.

Where did she get THAT?

14. - Top - End - #644
    Troll in the Playground

[Lakeside]

"Oooh, that's cool! Where'd you get the dagger?" Jamie asks, eyes widening at the sight of the beautifully ornate weapon.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #645

Edge of the Woods

Mintbalm walks out of the forest, having cleaned herself up a bit after her talk with Ithuriel. There's very few traces of her crying left on her face as she walks over to Reinholdt, curious as to why he's watching someone else paint.

"Hey there." She says simply, taking the time to idly look over how strong of a goodness aura Reinholdt might have. It just measures how many good deeds he's done, and nothing else.

Maple Cabin

Julie ends up panting by the end of the meditation. She doesn't seem tired, but physically exerted would be a good term for it. It's as if she's been indulging in large amounts of heavy activity, and a cold sweat breaking out on her brow only enhances the effect.

"You didn't tell me it would be so exhausting." She manages to huff out as she inspects the dress for any obvious changes.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Titan in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

Sophie is also covered in sweat and breathing heavily. I'm sorry... I didn't know it would be so tiring myself. The Hunters' powers... aren't an exact science.
    The dress is physically unchanged. However, Julie will feel its palpable power, attuned to her, her feelings and her urges. It feels somehow comforting and familiar.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

Edge of the Woods

There's... surprisingly little actually. Like Reinholdt is very young. Unusual really. Even a six-seven year old would have more good deeds presuming a normal life. Which is a very silly thing to presume in the Nexus.

Reinholdt's attention is drawn over to the woman that just came out of the forest.
    "Well hello beautiful. I've been around here for a while, but it's a real shame I haven't met you yet. Are you new here?"

Tour End

"Well I suppose you could go over what happens here. Is this just a campsite?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #648

End of the tour

Lost in her own thoughts about alternative worlds and the difference between them Cessie only barely listen to Kate's little tour of GloG. "Yes... what's the purpose of the organization?" It seemed like an odd place for her to build a base. She was used to Hestopia thought who wanted as little connection to nature as possible except parks.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Troll in the Playground

{Island of Many Adventures}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "You know they can just get another boat out of the boathouse, right? It's not limited or anything..."

But if Caroline insists, he'll do it that way then.
    And what if everyone who used a boat left it on the island, then swam back? Caroline's tail begins twitching as she continues on to the boat. She'll row it back alone, if Vincent doesn't join her.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

{Island of Many Adventures}

"There'd still be boats..." They don't run out or anything.

Vincent does get in the boat with her though. If they're going to get the stench off with a swim, he supposes they can just do that when they get to the other side of the lake.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #651
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lakeside

"So there was this funny smelling shiny thing and this came out of it's neck."

Keo nods and starts whittling at that piece of bone.

End of the tour

"Well, the two main pruposes of GLoG are to provide charity for those in need and to help people seeking redemption. There is free room and board, a free infirmary, and a good community. There is also a redemption program for villains who want to turn away from their villainous ways."

22. - Top - End - #652

Reelshka nods. I understand. Hopefully, I'll have found someone to help you by that time. There's quite a few strong magicians in here.
    Infirmary

'By that time?' A frown creases Kax's forehead. How long did she expect to take finding someone?
    Ah well. At least he'd have somewhere to stay in the a meantime. Hopefully he wouldn't get pulled away. "I'm sure you have other duties to attend to. If you wouldn't mind showing me to these guest cabins?"
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

23. - Top - End - #653

Edge of the Woods

There's... surprisingly little actually. Like Reinholdt is very young. Unusual really. Even a six-seven year old would have more good deeds presuming a normal life. Which is a very silly thing to presume in the Nexus.

Reinholdt's attention is drawn over to the woman that just came out of the forest.
    "Well hello beautiful. I've been around here for a while, but it's a real shame I haven't met you yet. Are you new here?"
    Edge of the Woods

Mintbalm shakes her head at Reinholdt's introduction, choosing not to be offended by a man's interest in her just this once. Wouldn't do to have a perfectly good conversation partner get miffed at her just because she doesn't swing their way.

"Not really new, but I've only been around in spurts here and there, just trying to help out. I'm Mintbalm, who are you?" She decides not to mention the sexuality thing just yet, in case he's just being overly friendly. She is wearing a harem outfit after all. If he makes a move on her, that will be the time to bring it up.

[Maple Cabin]

Sophie is also covered in sweat and breathing heavily. I'm sorry... I didn't know it would be so tiring myself. The Hunters' powers... aren't an exact science.
    The dress is physically unchanged. However, Julie will feel its palpable power, attuned to her, her feelings and her urges. It feels somehow comforting and familiar.
    Maple Cabin

"I really hope this was worth the effort then. I'd hate for this to backlash on me later." It already seems to be working though, as Julie runs a hand along the smooth Chinese silks fondly, pulling the dress up to her chest and feeling its power thrum in response to her own.

"Seriously though Sophie, thank you for this. If it works, this could mean an entire new world for me." While she's still sitting sweaty and cross-legged, Julie leans forward and tries to circle Sophie's shoulders with a hug, pressing the dress between them.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ogre in the Playground

End of the tour

"Have much success with that?" Harnel asks. Referring to both the charity and the program.

Edge of the Woods

"I'm Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire." Reinholdt says, giving his flourish. "I'm around GLoG a fair bit. Are you a member or just a volunteer?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #655

Kitchen

Those in the kitchen may see a tiny female dinosaur walking in. How can they tell it's female. Because it's pink of course! And it has a bow! Clearly it is a girl. Because that how these things work.

Having seen the giant two legger take it's friend into the big box, it followed.

"Rawr! Raaawr?"*My friend! Where are you? it calls out into the kitchen.

Brinika's ears droop a little. I don't know. I don't leave the campsite while I'm here, she says, her tone apologetic.
    Ah well, a clue's a clue. The Dragonite senses her tone and attempts to pat her consolingly on the head. A good turn deserving another, it wonders how to repay the little goblin. Idea! It stands up to it's full height towering above the goblin child, but soon leans over to offer her a claw. "Dragonite?"<For helping me, would you like to fly?> it asks pointing a claw up to the sky above while flapping it's wings.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #656

Edge of the Woods

"I'm Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire." Reinholdt says, giving his flourish. "I'm around GLoG a fair bit. Are you a member or just a volunteer?"
    Edge of the Woods

Mintbalm twirls a lock of cyan hair around her index finger, giggling a bit at his silly flourish, "I guess I'm a volunteer. I've just popped in every once in a while, asked for advice, found someone to help, and then left. So far I've got the first part done this time, so I'm looking around to help someone else out." Rituals are important! If Mintbalm didn't help someone else out after she was helped, then she wouldn't be compelling anyone to help more people through her helpfulness!.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest Hut

Once the tea is brewed, Pathfinder pours some into a pair of wooden cups, offering one to Freddy. "Jasmine." He says. "And there are stranger creatures by far back home for me as well."

Slumberparty

Waterstrider will end up sneaking off with Renetta when the time comes, not wanting to leave her side for a moment, especially with little Flamecrest to consider. On the way back to their hut, he'll nuzzle and nibble on her neck affectionately.

In the morning, Lily will wake to find Pathfinder awake as well, with his arms around both her and Tito as he smiles at them gently. Presumably after much cheer, they all wander off for breakfast and a new day.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ogre in the Playground

Edge of the Woods

It's not silly! It's very important and serious! D=
    *flail flail*

"And what sort of help do you provide?" Reinholdt asks. Can't point her in the right direction if he doesn't know what she can do.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest Hut - That Night]

Renetta enjoys the attention, and the company. She was half expecting Waterstrider to stay out with halfling kids. Once they're back at the hut, Renetta lies Flamecrest down in her fur lined cradle and steps back beside to other welfen. "She's so beautiful." Renetta says as she looks down at their sleeping cub.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest Hut - That Night

Waterstrider stands behind Renetta and wraps his arms around her stomach as he nuzzles the nape of her neck. "Of course she is. She takes after her mother after all." He tells her with a wag of his tail.