New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 81: Ghostbusters!

[Maple Cabin]

Hmm... Well, it got pretty exciting once I figured out that I was smarter and better than everyone else. I matured quickly, tested at a genius level, was physically stronger and faster than my age peers, and grew adept at manipulating adults. I pretty much ran primary school. Then I felt... lonely when I realized the full extent of my differences from my peers. Apart from my sister, I was unique in the world. I began to think I was a superman. Luckily, I didn't read Nietzsche at that age, or I'd have turned out much worse. Instead, being infatuated with the stories of Odysseus and Heracles, I decided that I would become a hero. He sighs.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

2. - Top - End - #1442

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

[Sapling Cabin]

Ooooh. They can talk already? Brinika asks, amazed, as she stares at the light show.
    Sapling Cabin

On her way out the door, Julie turns back to Brinika and responds, "Scylla can say names if she hears them enough, but Prism has been quiet most of the time. She prefers to express herself with her lights it seems." Then she'll continue on her path towards Mallside.

Prism, as if she wants to be contrary, gurgles out a soft, "Syooo." As she grasps at her sister's clothes and lightly bumps her forehead against Scylla's. The blue light is joined by a pale green ribbon, and they both move over to the edge of the playpen where Brinika is standing, dancing around each other and Scylla's display of far powers.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Titan in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

Oooooh... Brinika stares at the lights with wide eyes. So shiny... she manages to divert her attention between the lights and the two infants, however.

[Maple Cabin]

Sophie... isn't really surprised. If Tobias was already convinced of his superiority in his youth, that would explain a great deal.
    Not a very safe sentiment as a teenager, she says dryly. And your realization is not uncommon among above average youths... but now, your next question.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Sapling Cabin]

Renetta shifts her hold on Flamecrest so she can shake Kate's hand. "Nice to meet you." She's never seen Kate that closely before, so she can't really comment on Harnel's question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Sapling Cabin

A hand shake! Okay.

"Oh, yes, well, it's a long story, but after an odd series of evens I'm part pixie now? And if I get exposed to fariy magic I start to regress into a pixie. And between half a dozen different things, I had a huge dose of it yesterday so I'm pretty pixie like right now."

"Oh, and the closer to pixie I get the more pixielike my mindset is, and as a result I'm a little odd right now. And it might mess with my memory, I guess?"
    [Sapling Cabin]

"Is that the reason you haven't been coming for any self defense training?" Harnel asks with concern, "You seem like you wouldn't be in the state of mind for it."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    {Vidalia's Room}

Butler will climb into bed with her and cuddle her as she sleeps. To keep her warm.
    Vidalia, still very much asleep, cuddles up in Butler's embrace. They should both find themselves warm and happy.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

That sounds... alarming. At least Renetta thinks so. "Have you talked to anyone about helping you with it? There must be someone that can do something."

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sapling Cabin

"Actually, it hasn't been much of a problem except really recently here... maybe a week or so? I don't know. Most of the time I was just busy or forgot about it. I've had a lot of stuff going on. I have talked to someone, but..."

But he's Waldorf.

"Long story short, we're waiting to see if it wear off on it's own. It should; it has before. It's just that this time, it's taking longer. And it's annoying. I mean, some days I feel fine by the end of the day, but the next morning I'm all weird again. I'm starting to wonder... well, a lot of things."

8. - Top - End - #1448

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Outside
    "Rawr..."*Oh...
    The tiny dinosaur looked a bit sad now...the thought of living in a fantastic paradise of delicious leaves had now been dashed away!
    Outside

"Rawr Rawr," *It's okay.

His pink friend leans on him and dinosaur hugs him.

"Rawr Rawr Raawr." *We'll find a place to live.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

9. - Top - End - #1449

[Maple Cabin]

Sophie... isn't really surprised. If Tobias was already convinced of his superiority in his youth, that would explain a great deal.
    Not a very safe sentiment as a teenager, she says dryly. And your realization is not uncommon among above average youths... but now, your next question.

I was twelve. Incredibly intelligent, to be sure, but equally unwise. It did not end well.
    He ponders his next question for awhile. How did you feel the first time you killed someone?

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Titan in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

Sophie stares at the ground for a while.
    Horrible, she finally says. In more ways than one. The man was a vampire's blood-slave, and I had no choice... but it didn't make me feel any better. It was a while before I shook off depression. I kept asking myself what good my ideals are if I end up killing people anyway... and how different I am from the things I hunt... this sort of thing.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Troll in the Playground

[The Woods near the Firepit]

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    I beseech the vengeful ghost of continuity to stay its hand a while longer, for I would find it helpful

There is a fairly loud explosion in the air above the woods and something burning drops from the sky, crashing into the woods.
    In that case, Quinn heads to investigate.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ogre in the Playground

Reelshka tries to take his changed paw and squeeze it reassuringly.
    I'm sure they'll understand. You're like family to them, she says. Pathfinder knows that, of course, but sometimes such things need to be said aloud.
    Mushroom Cellar

Pathfinder gives her a small smile and squeezes her hand in return. "Thank you. I know they will, but I just don't want to worry them. I suppose I should tell Pansy and Brand first."

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

[The Woods Near the Fire Pit]

Quinn will soon find a man in a smoking crater. His hair is ragged and singed, his feet are bare, his jacket tattered, and his hat is missing, but through all of that, Quinn may recognize Jit. Oh, and he looks quite a bit younger.

(I retconned the Jit Quinn met a little. Just added a little grey to the hair, so it is noticeable that he's older)
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

14. - Top - End - #1454

[Maple Cabin]

Sophie stares at the ground for a while.
    Horrible, she finally says. In more ways than one. The man was a vampire's blood-slave, and I had no choice... but it didn't make me feel any better. It was a while before I shook off depression. I kept asking myself what good my ideals are if I end up killing people anyway... and how different I am from the things I hunt... this sort of thing.

Monsters don't regret, Sophie.
    He smiles at her, then continues carving. Your question.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Mushroom Cellar

Pathfinder gives her a small smile and squeezes her hand in return. "Thank you. I know they will, but I just don't want to worry them. I suppose I should tell Pansy and Brand first."
    They know best how to present it to their children, Reelshka says with a nod. I'm sure it'll be fine. You're still the same Pathfinder they know, regardless of what else happened.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post

Monsters don't regret, Sophie.
    He smiles at her, then continues carving. Your question.
    Alright... what was the first thing you did while acting on your wish to be a hero? Sophie asks, tearing herself away from her own dark memories?
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-06-05 at 09:57 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1456

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Outside

"Rawr Rawr," *It's okay.

His pink friend leans on him and dinosaur hugs him.

"Rawr Rawr Raawr." *We'll find a place to live.
    Outside
    The tiny dinosaur dinosaur hugs her back.
    "Rawrrrr..."*Okay...
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ogre in the Playground

Mushroom Cellar

"The two already know about our parents, and Tito didn't take to it very well at first." Pathfinder admits sadly, ears fallen as he looks down at his paws.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Troll in the Playground

[The Woods Near the Fire Pit]

Quinn will soon find a man in a smoking crater. His hair is ragged and singed, his feet are bare, his jacket tattered, and his hat is missing, but through all of that, Quinn may recognize Jit. Oh, and he looks quite a bit younger.

(I retconned the Jit Quinn met a little. Just added a little grey to the hair, so it is noticeable that he's older)
    Quinn does indeed recognise him!
    And frowns.
    Palming the syringe in her pocket...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Titan in the Playground

[Woods Near the Fire Pit]

Jit staggers to his feet and looks around, his eyes a little wild. He doesn't notice Quinn, but he shouts at the air
    Stay back!
    He tries to stagger away from where he landed, heading in Quinn's direction, but he falls to the ground and cries out in pain.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Mushroom Cellar

"The two already know about our parents, and Tito didn't take to it very well at first." Pathfinder admits sadly, ears fallen as he looks down at his paws.
    Reelshka's ears twitch.
    Why? What bothered him about it? She asks.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Sapling Cabin

On her way out the door, Julie turns back to Brinika and responds, "Scylla can say names if she hears them enough, but Prism has been quiet most of the time. She prefers to express herself with her lights it seems." Then she'll continue on her path towards Mallside.

Prism, as if she wants to be contrary, gurgles out a soft, "Syooo." As she grasps at her sister's clothes and lightly bumps her forehead against Scylla's. The blue light is joined by a pale green ribbon, and they both move over to the edge of the playpen where Brinika is standing, dancing around each other and Scylla's display of far powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Sapling Cabin

A hand shake! Okay.

"Oh, yes, well, it's a long story, but after an odd series of evens I'm part pixie now? And if I get exposed to fariy magic I start to regress into a pixie. And between half a dozen different things, I had a huge dose of it yesterday so I'm pretty pixie like right now."

"Oh, and the closer to pixie I get the more pixielike my mindset is, and as a result I'm a little odd right now. And it might mess with my memory, I guess?"
    [Sapling Cabin]

"Well... as long as you're trying to get it fixed, right?" Harnel says. Quite alarming indeed.

Cora, Oblivious to the conversation, is still reaching out for Flamecrest, but is now making gurgly excited noises as well.

Scylla will begin to drift off, her lights beginning to fade away as her eyes close.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Titan in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

Brinika sits down next to the crib, letting the baby sleep. She's grinning all the while, though.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Troll in the Playground

Jit staggers to his feet and looks around, his eyes a little wild. He doesn't notice Quinn, but he shouts at the air
    Stay back!
    He tries to stagger away from where he landed, heading in Quinn's direction, but he falls to the ground and cries out in pain.
    And Quinn doesn't hesitate!

Instead stepping forwards torwards Jit, bringing up the syringe to bring it down and into his shoulder, injecting him with the contents.

"...and this had better work..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Titan in the Playground

As Quinn steps forward and raises her arm, Jit's head snaps up, and his hand shoots out, catching her arm as it falls and preventing the syringe from reaching his skin. His grip is very strong. He looks at Quinn, his eyes replaced by two orbs of a vile red energy, and shrieks wordlessly.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

Part pixie? This is definitely odd. Renetta just listens for the moment, not sure what to say.

Flamecrest, meanwhile, leans over Renetta's arm a bit to look at the other baby reaching toward her. She sniffs a couple times and stares at Cora.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sapling Cabin

"I just hope it's a real stupid and obvious thing we aren't thinking of..."

Kate shrugs. This is kind of odd...

"What am I doing here?"

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ogre in the Playground

Reelshka's ears twitch.
    Why? What bothered him about it? She asks.
    Mushroom Cellar

"He was afraid that it'd mean I wasn't myself."
    He admits. "I calmed his thoughts, but that was before proof of it was shown to him. I don't know if he believes me or not as is." Pathfinder says before wrapping an arm around Reelshka and pulling her close for comfort.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Troll in the Playground

As Quinn steps forward and raises her arm, Jit's head snaps up, and his hand shoots out, catching her arm as it falls and preventing the syringe from reaching his skin. His grip is very strong. He looks at Quinn, his eyes replaced by two orbs of a vile red energy, and shrieks wordlessly.
    Quinn narrows her eyes, concentrating, and a inhuman strength fills her to continue forcing her arm downwards...if very slowly, perhaps!

"I am a doctor. You require medicine. Allow me."

Her words are both audible as words...and in the mind. Persuasive.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #1469

Alright... what was the first thing you did while acting on your wish to be a hero? Sophie asks, tearing herself away from her own dark memories?
    A training montage with a twist ending. He takes off his hat and smiles coldly at Sophie, daring her to inquire further.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post

Quinn narrows her eyes, concentrating, and a inhuman strength fills her to continue forcing her arm downwards...if very slowly, perhaps!

"I am a doctor. You require medicine. Allow me."

Her words are both audible as words...and in the mind. Persuasive.

As soon as Quinn makes mental contact, she will find herself confronted by a vile intelligence. It isn't even evil, it is something that defies proper existence. And it is very powerful. It begins pushing at her mind with incredible force.
    Submit, prey. Feed your master.
    Jit's arm is like steel, and refuses to bend. From his other hand, a set of glowing energy claws erupts, burning with the same red light as his eyes.

(I don't know if this Quinn has had experience with the Far like the Enup one has, but this is a similar power)

Shadeblight by KennyPyro