New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 81: Ghostbusters!

Lakeside - Tomorrow

And back into the pit it goes, followed by a pile of sand no doubt. Julie is huffing and puffing by the end of their labour, but she has an ear-to-ear grin on her face.

"This was fun, wasn't it? I mean, aside from the bickering and the hard sweaty labor. I think I could stand to do this again some time." Some time later, when her back stopped hurting like a whipped pig maybe.

"And you know that Brand will always enjoy seeing you around, so be sure to visit some times, alright? Even if there is no more business to attend to. After you take care of all that slave business I mean."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin - Yesterday

Pansy puts her hand on Pathfinder's paw. "Let me ask Brand, and see what he thinks," she says with a smile, as the children squabble.

It's just insults and name calling at first, but then Lily growls and leaps on Tito, pretending to be a wolf, but genuinely furious. Tito catches her as they tumble to the ground together. A close observer can tell he's being careful not to let her get hurt as they wrestle, though he continues to say mean things to her.

"You really think this is best?" Pansy says, wincing.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #153

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Lakeside - Tomorrow

And back into the pit it goes, followed by a pile of sand no doubt. Julie is huffing and puffing by the end of their labour, but she has an ear-to-ear grin on her face.

"This was fun, wasn't it? I mean, aside from the bickering and the hard sweaty labor. I think I could stand to do this again some time." Some time later, when her back stopped hurting like a whipped pig maybe.

"And you know that Brand will always enjoy seeing you around, so be sure to visit some times, alright? Even if there is no more business to attend to. After you take care of all that slave business I mean."
    Justin is sweaty and tired by the end, coping tricks or not. "Are you kidding. Bickering and haggling is half the fun!" he says with a panting laugh. "And you're right, I should," he agrees. "and I will. If the Applehills are half as good cooks as I heard or a quarter as I hope, you may see me around a lot more."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

Slowly and very gently - uncharacteristically so for the tiny hyperactive goblin - as though touching Flamecrest could break her, Brinika reaches out her hand and tries to pet the wolfen pup's head and ears.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

The welfen cub's ears twitch when Brinika touches them, but she doesn't protest to the petting at all. She'll close her eyes after a moment and move her head into Brinika's hand a little.

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Main Cabin]

"Well have you considered that maybe I have a name and that maybe you should ask for it and maybe you could call me by my name?"

Maybe?

Perhaps.

Reinholdt peers intently at Freddy.
    Well...

Isn't that what Freddy just asked?

In a somewhat round about way of course. But still! He totally asked the not-vampire what he wants to be called!

The Huldra coughs slightly. "Alright. What is your name cat that looks like a human and isn't a vampire or a monster of any kind?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Perhaps, but it's all about the politeness of the presentation!

And Rein's grumpy.

"I'm Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire." Rein huffs out without giving his flourish.

"Who are you?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #158

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Justin is sweaty and tired by the end, coping tricks or not. "Are you kidding. Bickering and haggling is half the fun!" he says with a panting laugh. "And you're right, I should," he agrees. "and I will. If the Applehills are half as good cooks as I heard or a quarter as I hope, you may see me around a lot more."
    Lakeside - Tomorrow

"If you say so. Now, I should probably get going. I have a really awkward talk with Kate to get out of the way later on today. Don't go spending all that shiny new gold in one place, alright?" Julie, ever the one to go for the unexpected, leans in and tries planting a friendly kiss on Justin's cheek, both to embarass him a bit and leave a trace of lipstick behind to remember her by.

"Oh, and feel free to keep the shovel. It really suits you, don't you think?" Yes, the flowery pink shovel almost definitely suits him.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #159

[Main Cabin]

Whaaaaat?

No flourish?

But...

What's the point then? Why even use his whole title if he isn't going to flourish? Rein really needs to get his priorities in order. Because this is just absurd. None of this dumb grumping about when there's proper flourishing to be done!

Anywho...

The Huldra nods back. "Right... Fredrick. You can call me Fredrick."

Not to be confused with Fenric. Fenric is a werefox and totally normal foxy colors.

10. - Top - End - #160

Lakeside-Tomorrow

The kiss lands, but Justin certainly doesn't know that there was lipstick left behind. He's too busy trying not to laugh like a moron. "Ah, aheh-heh-Ahem! Well goody. Now I just have to keep this shovel." It's true, he took that as a challenge to his security in his masculinity. He has to now.

"So before we split up, how about those pleasantries we skipped?" He doesn't wait for an answer and jabs his new shovel into the ground before going for a hug. A sweaty, smelly, just spent hours digging, hug. "It's great to see you again, Julie."

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #161

Lakeside-Tomorrow

The kiss lands, but Justin certainly doesn't know that there was lipstick left behind. He's too busy trying not to laugh like a moron. "Ah, aheh-heh-Ahem! Well goody. Now I just have to keep this shovel." It's true, he took that as a challenge to his security in his masculinity. He has to now.

"So before we split up, how about those pleasantries we skipped?" He doesn't wait for an answer and jabs his new shovel into the ground before going for a hug. A sweaty, smelly, just spent hours digging, hug. "It's great to see you again, Julie."
    Lakeside - Tomorrow

That gets, of all things, an honest smile out of Julie. She returns the hug with relish, squeezing herself against him just a bit too tightly perhaps.

"You too Justin. I'm glad I could count on you for this, and spend some time with you."

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

The flourish is everything.

"Well... hi Fredrick." Not really a nice to meet you or anything, but Rein's just grumpy about being a monster. Don't mind him.

Rein's stomach rumbles a bit. He frowns mightily.

"Let's find you a Sophie or something to give this form to so I can get back to... stuff." Reinholdt says, grabbing the curtain again to drape over him so they can head out once more and go find a Sophie or Quinn or Reelshka plot clone or something along those lines.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #163

Lakeside-Tomorrow

Justin hugs one last squeeze to match Julie's before loosening his grip. "Sure thing. If you need help with anything, treasure or otherwise, just call." What he just said sinks in for a moment. "Right. No phone. I guess you could send the wizard brother. Just remind him that popping in a few feet away first then walking to me would be appreciated. Wouldn't mind getting to know your family in general, either. I really need a phone, or even just a pager or something."

My Characters

14. - Top - End - #164

Lakeside - Tomorrow

Julie chuckles a bit, "If I could get him to stop doing that to me I would. Waldorf loves startling people more than life itself, I swear. I think I'll get a decent phone myself, now that I've got the money for it. I'm sure Wally will pass along the number when I d-" Julie is cut off by Waldorf holding a slip of paper over her shoulder with one hand, the other one occupied by a suspiciously familiar soda. She jumps in place a bit, jostling his arm slightly.

"Or he could just take it from me once I get it later on today, I guess. Flippin Time Travel..." The last bit is murmured out with an exhasperated sigh.

15. - Top - End - #165

Lakeside-Tomorrow

Justin has a short visible jump at the sudden Waldorf too, but unlike Julie, laughs at it afterwards. "He travels through time too? Magic is so unfair." It's also really funny when it doesn't happen to you. He shakes his head, still smiling. "Nice to meet you Wally," he says reaching for the paper himself, aiming to vreplace it with his own hand for a shake. Right over Julie's shoulder. Rude? Maybe. Hilarious? Oh my, yes. "You're getting the number later, Julie, so I'll just take that. For the protection of time-space."

My Characters

16. - Top - End - #166

Lakeside - Tomorrow

By the time Justin reaches his hand back out for a shake, Waldorf is gone again, leaving him hanging with his arm over Julie's shoulder, "Ugh, it's really hard to explain, but since we can remember what each other sees, I already know what's on the paper, since I'll write it later, come into contact with Wally who will get the knowledge off me, and now I just got the knowledge off myself through osmosis. Most of us tend to ignore Wally's thoughts on principle for that reason. Too many spoilers can give you a headache."

Julie shakes her head, trying to dispel the headache the rush of causality breaking information gave her.

"Anything else you need, chuckles?"

17. - Top - End - #167

[Leaving the Main Cabin to Find People!]

Freddy follows!

Though he's careful to say sorta off to the side of Rein instead of behind him. Because if he were behind him he would be behind the curtain and that would no doubt result in all sorts of terrible for everyone.

"A pleasure to meet you, Reinholdt," the Huldra replies in a sufficiently friendly tone. Using a friendly tone with this guy is pretty hard. Given that the grump is strong with him and all.

Gotta ignore the stomach rumbling, too.

Mostly because Freddy is pretty sure he knows what the stomach in question is rumbling for despite the cat-that's-a-human's insistence to the contrary.

"Are you... umm... a person staying here to learn how to be good? Or do you help the people trying to be good?"

18. - Top - End - #168

Lakeside - Tomorrow

By the time Justin reaches his hand back out for a shake, Waldorf is gone again, leaving him hanging with his arm over Julie's shoulder, "Ugh, it's really hard to explain, but since we can remember what each other sees, I already know what's on the paper, since I'll write it later, come into contact with Wally who will get the knowledge off me, and now I just got the knowledge off myself through osmosis. Most of us tend to ignore Wally's thoughts on principle for that reason. Too many spoilers can give you a headache."

Julie shakes her head, trying to dispel the headache the rush of causality breaking information gave her.

"Anything else you need, chuckles?"
    Justin shakes his head. "No. I'm good. You have a neat family." Neat being the nice way of saying weird. Still fitting though. He pulls his shovel out of the ground and slings it over his shoulder. "So I'm up a mess of gold, jewels, treasure maps, one crown, a pretty shovel, and a girls future phone number. Good day in my books."

My Characters

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

[Mushroom Cellar]

If Reinholdt and Fredrick look for Reelshka, they will find her leaving Mushroom Cellar, looking like she's in a quite good mood.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mushroom Cellar]

Reinholdt knocks on the door.

"There's Redeemees. People like you who need help. And then there's Redeemers. People who try to help. The former vastly outnumber the latter so be prepared to work at it if you want attention directly devoted to your problems." As it is, GLoG is starting to burgeon with Redeemees who are bad influences on each other.

"Then there are the Charity Cases. People here either to provide or receive charity. They don't really deal with the whole redemption thing that much, but hang around anyways for their own reasons. That about covers it."

Reinholdt says.

Without ever actually answering Freddy's question.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #171

[MushRoom]

Freddy trots along behind the not-human not-vampire cat, listening to his explanation of how this odd place works! He's sort of curious what redeeming actually implies. And kind of worried that there are people here dragging the others down with their eeeeevil.

Maybe he could help discourage that?

"What exactly does the redeeming require? I mean... I'm a Huldra. I got cursed into being one against my will. But that means I have to eat ghosts, otherwise I might start getting hungry for living people."

And that would be terrible.

"So... I guess I'm hoping someone might be able to teach me how to suppress the pain and hunger to make it easier? Though I'm not sure if that would fix the feeling of hollowness..."

He decides not to point out that Rein dodged his question.

22. - Top - End - #172

Justin shakes his head. "No. I'm good. You have a neat family." Neat being the nice way of saying weird. Still fitting though. He pulls his shovel out of the ground and slings it over his shoulder. "So I'm up a mess of gold, jewels, treasure maps, one crown, a pretty shovel, and a girls future phone number. Good day in my books."
    Lakeside - Tomorrow

"And I'm up some fiscal security, down an eyesore of a shovel, and up a smug, prettyboy friend who just might visit from time to time. I figure I just about broke even." Ouch, way to put a guy down Julie.

"Now, I really do have to get going. Take care of yourself Justin."

23. - Top - End - #173
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Rowan Cabin]

Oh good, vegetables. The meal will be just fine then. "I think she'll be okay. I fed her not too long before we came." Sakura wouldn't ever think to bother with baby formula either; She wouldn't see the point.

One day Sakura and Adir will wear down Cessie to the point that nudity doesn't bother her anymore. =O
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Rowan Cabin]

"Why don't you ladies sit and chat? I can be the nice helpful guy and get food for everybody." Without waiting for a response, Eric will move for the door, and unless someone stops him, he'll be away fairly quickly.
    [Rowan Cabin]

Never!
    Besides, Cessie simply doesn't look when anyone so clearly display their nudity. She try not to scold them about it however unless it crosses the line, but at that point I think a lot of people would remark upon it. Unless they're in torg's of course.

"Thank you Eric." Cessie says with a smile, instantly regretting Harnel wasn't there. He would have liked it here.
    She turns back to Julie, "So it looks like GloG is very active unlike watchtower, it's so many people moving around here you lost count. A lot of them seem to be rather young as well, do you run some sort of school here perhaps?"

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

[Mushroom Cellar]

Reelshka waves when she spots Reinholdt and Fredrick. She really does seem upbeat today. Then, however, she notices that something's off, to put it mildly.
    Reinholdt? What's wrong? And who's with you?

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mushroom Cellar]

"Hell if I know. You might want to talk to Olivia though. She's a vampire and such. We got her a sustenance object so she wouldn't feel the hunger and... wait. Did you say you ate gh..."

Reinholdt is interrupted by Reelshka arriving! But Rein was just starting to think he remembered where he remembers Freddy from!

"Oh. Hi. Me? Nothing, I just... don't like the sun. Anymore. We had a fight and I'm moving on. Yeah. I didn't need it anyways. But we're because Fredrick here wants to join." Rein shifts to hand Reelshka the form.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #176

[MushRoom]

Hmm... but Revenants aren't out during the day at all. During the day they're just... dead. Usually the best time to dispose of them for obvious reasons.

Wights though!

Wights can cause trouble at any time of the day or night!

Though Rein obviously isn't a Wight. Way too not-mindless for that.

So the human that is a cat must be one of these vampire things he's insisting that he isn't? Crazy Nexus and all its crazy undead.

Anywho!

"Greetings, m'lady,"
    the demon-fox says in a tone that is both friendly and sufficiently dapper.

27. - Top - End - #177

Lakeside - Tomorrow

"And I'm up some fiscal security, down an eyesore of a shovel, and up a smug, prettyboy friend who just might visit from time to time. I figure I just about broke even." Ouch, way to put a guy down Julie.

"Now, I really do have to get going. Take care of yourself Justin."
    "You think I'm a prettyboy?" he asks. Look how put down he is. "You take care too. Next time I visit, I'll see Eric and your twins." He'll vacate if she's got nothing more.

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

[Mushroom Cellar]

That's... never mind. You'll explain it to me later, Reelshka says as she looks at the form. Yet another crazy thing that happened to Reinholdt. But at least noone lost their sentience and no apoca-baby was born. So, progress. And it's good to meet you, Frederick.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin - Yesterday

Pathfinder watches the pair fight, keeping a careful eye on them, but nodding. "Sometimes they need to do this so they realize just how bad it really is." He tells her. "We can't always be there to intervene for them." The Wolfen says, giving Pansy's hand a squeeze.

Sapling Cabin

The Welfen gives the goblin a cheery smile, his tail wagging before he sits down cross legged to make them a bit more comfortable. "None of the other children have come here yet?" He asks them as he keeps his eyes on Flamecrest.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mushroom Cellar]

"Nothing to 'splain." Reinholdt grumbles with a pout.

"He wanted to know how the redemption thing works cause he's worried about being hungry and empty all the time."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast