New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 81: Ghostbusters!

[MushRoom]

"Being hungry for me is a bit of a problem since I sort of eat... umm... souls," he sounds a lot less dapper when he says that.

Freddy averts his eyes to the ground before continuing.

"I've been feeding on ghosts so I won't be tempted to eat people. And I already know the ghosts here are off limits. But... that should be alright since the Nexus is full of the echoes of the dead."

Spooooky echoes!

"I just need someone to keep me accountable. To... help remind me not to give into these Discordant impulses. I can't do this on my own."

And so here he is.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin - Yesterday

"I guess Wolfen cubs fight amongst themselves more than I'm used to." Pansy says.

The name calling is creative and varied, but mostly seems to boil down to Tito being a coward and Lily being stupid.

Sapling Cabin - Today

"None yet. Though Quinn's little boy was just born. Lily's started begging for a baby brother or sister, but we've told her there are plenty of babies here she can help out with."
    Pansy says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #183

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Rowan Cabin]

Never!
    Besides, Cessie simply doesn't look when anyone so clearly display their nudity. She try not to scold them about it however unless it crosses the line, but at that point I think a lot of people would remark upon it. Unless they're in torg's of course.

"Thank you Eric." Cessie says with a smile, instantly regretting Harnel wasn't there. He would have liked it here.
    She turns back to Julie, "So it looks like GloG is very active unlike watchtower, it's so many people moving around here you lost count. A lot of them seem to be rather young as well, do you run some sort of school here perhaps?"
    Rowan Cabin

"Oh no, just a bit of a baby boom, and a few older children around already like Keo. GLoG seems to be the place to go if you're a displaced child in the Nexus, since they're always willing to help the helpless. There is a day care opening up though, so that the parent's of any new babies can get some time to themselves once in a while, or maybe pursue careers." Julie waves Eric off with a thankful nod as she answers Cessie's question.

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "You think I'm a prettyboy?" he asks. Look how put down he is. "You take care too. Next time I visit, I'll see Eric and your twins." He'll vacate if she's got nothing more.
    Lakeside - Tomorrow

"I'll hold you to that, bye!" And Julie leaves as well, to rejoin continuity in Mallside.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

"We saw the outside of it already. Pansy mentioned it before she showed us where to find you. I think it's a great idea." Sakura thoroughly enjoys caring for Laela, but how great would a chance to get away with Adir for a while be? "It'll give them a chance to play with some other kids too."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

[Mushroom Cellar]

Reelshka's ears perk up. If it's some supernatural hunger, I'm sure someone here can figure out how to make it better. I guess we can also have someone watch over you, if you need it.

[Sapling Cabin]

Brinika keeps petting Flamecrest, grinning from ear to ear, showing rows of little pointed teeth - probably a good thing the welfen closed her eyes.
    Aunt Reelshka said she's going to be Mrs. Druid's baby's godmother, she says.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-04-25 at 11:27 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mushroom Cellar]

"We're going to need all the sustenance items at this rate." Reinholdt mumbles a bit, before turning to start to drag himself and his curtain away and give them a little privacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #187

[MushRoom]

Fredrick nods slowly. "I'm not really sure what would make it go away aside from being human again. The only 'cure' to people who succumb to Discord back home is death. If there was just some way to make it hurt less that would be wonderful. "

Being on fire inside hurts a lot.

At all times.

Always.

Except when he has just recently nommed a soul.

But...

That doesn't ever last very long.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Pixie in the Playground

[A Minute Shy of Midnight - New Moon]

There is no night so ghoulish as that of the two-faced darkness forsaken by the luminous dictator of the blackest void. To say that it would bring with it gentle and favorable tidings would be a most grievous error. A weak breeze blows across the landscape, the herald of an ancient killer if the thick and tangy scent of death which peppers it is indicative of anything in particular. Granted, the connotations of the word ancient often imply a dated quality, but in this case, age bears no weight on the status, youth, or bombastic air of the girl in question.

Nine tails sweep through the shadow-ridden forest in dreamy, smooth arcs like the brush of an acclaimed painter set upon a palette. A set of booted feet trudge through the wet, mucky soil, retaining not a visage of the burnished shine they once knew before they were donned. A suit of plate armor that might once have been ornamented feigns pride and glory under its crimson coat. Caked in this crusty taint, its master cautiously slips from cover to cover, until she reaches the treeline of the camp. Upon nearing her destination, she hangs her head as the bad memories accost her yet again.

One word parts her lips in the dead of night. A name she is more than fond of but will never meet again.

Zero...

In this disconsolate daze, Valaira returns to GLoG, steadily approaching the public washrooms in reverential silence, a bloodied sword that never dulls drug against the land behind her, drawing a neat trench in the earth behind her as she walks. As she goes along, she relies on the tenebrous cloak that night affords to gift her the boon of sanctuary from the berating faces of the GLoG leadership. They would only frown or gasp in horror upon seeing her as such.

That's the last thing Valaira needs as things stand.

On a lighter note, it is clear that she learned from the mistake she made last time concerning blood and moving about the middle of the campsite in the daylight!

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

A Walk Around the Camp

Marty walks about with a cane for a while trying to get used to his new prosthetic. He was so used to having to balance on one foot it was strange to walk with both! However, it seems he's getting the hang of it because he only falls twice! Eventually he walks over to the main camp. Where's that Huldra thingy? He never got to really apologize for his actions. Marty was a very paranoid person at times. Anyone would if they'd gone through what he had! Marty's eyes reflect that the young man is deep in thought as he walks. He is constantly remembering things...little tidbits from his past. He was so...mean to that Huldra. Why? Was he a bad person? He hoped not...Marty doesn't know who he really was anymore. The man had survived so much...from insane bounty hunters, to tyrant dragon emperors, to almost dying in the snow that year ago. He had lost much blood that day. When the gnolls came. He might run into the strange woman walking into GLoG as he limp/walk/stumbles to the GLoG main cabin. Marty walks over to the main cabin and knocks. H-Hello? Is there a f-fox thing in there? What an odd question...that and the fact that Marty is talking to a door ought to confuse any passerby.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-04-25 at 03:38 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [MushRoom]

Fredrick nods slowly. "I'm not really sure what would make it go away aside from being human again. The only 'cure' to people who succumb to Discord back home is death. If there was just some way to make it hurt less that would be wonderful. "

Being on fire inside hurts a lot.

At all times.

Always.

Except when he has just recently nommed a soul.

But...

That doesn't ever last very long.
    I don't want to give you false hope, but impossible doesn't mean that much in the Nexus. Still, I'm sure we can find someone to watch over you while you... eat non-sentient ghosts, Reelshka says a little uncertainly.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #191

[GLoG Main Cabin]

There may be a fox-thing in this building.

But not the fox-thing he is looking for.

[MushRoom]

"Just someone willing to help me through this would be great. And I wouldn't object too much to having a place to sleep again either,"
    the Huldra replies. "So far I've been making do with huddling between buildings Inside. And that isn't terribly comfortable."

Understandably so.

Few people enjoy huddling between buildings.

"I've had a few majorly haunted locations pointed out to me so far. I should hopefully be able to find enough to eat that I won't start getting desperate."

A beat.

"Oh! And if need be I can tell everyone what I know about other less... personable creatures of Discord. Since part of my world was drawn into the Nexus they've been causing trouble here and there."

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

[Mushroom Cabin]

A place to stay is easy... we're always happy to provide temporary lodgings to people who have nowhere else to go. As for those dangerous creatures, I think some more combat-capable members of the Council like Pathfinder or Shrike would be better to talk to. I take care of logistics here, Reelshka explains.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-04-25 at 05:43 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Mushroom Cabin

Lily comes stampeding down the steps, with all the spoons that she stole from her player x a billion. "Miss Reelshka, can Brinika... FREDDY!" =D

Freddy gets glomped *glomped* "I'm so glad Vidalia didn't eat you!"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #194

[MushRoom]

Woohoo!

A warm place to sleep!

Where he won't be rained on!

This is going to be great. Freddy hasn't had one of those ever since he got Huldra'd. And that was... a while ago now.

"I think someone in charge of logistics would be perfect for it,"
    Freddy replies with a foxy grin. "Creatures of Discord can be warded away with relatively simple means. Mostly with plants and herbs. Garlic, belladonna, allheal, they're all useful wards against Discord."

The demon-fox glances about, sniffing at the air a bit. "This place is such a powerful beacon to lost souls. I'm kind of surprised it hasn't attracted the attention of any Wights yet. Garlic in the doors and at the windows can keep them out of a building easily enough."

And then the Huldra is pounced upon!

"Uuf!" he lurches forward a bit as the child gloms onto him. It's... nice. Being near someone who he doesn't have to worry about eating. Makes it a little easier to imagine that he's still a person instead of a hollowed out thing twisted by Discord.

"Ah, hello again Lily. I'm glad Vidalia didn't eat me too,"
    Freddy replies as the one of one of his flame-like tails takes on a rather handish appearance and reaches up to muss the girl's hair. "She showed me somewhere I could get something to eat. And then she apologized for being mean."

*gasp!*

What madness is this?

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Reinholdt, curtain draped over his head, heads here. He initially intends to go inside, but there seems to be someone knocking on the front door for some reason.

"What do you want?"

Rein asks Marty. Rather grumpily.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

Marty turns around slowly. He stares for a bit. It's a cat...under an...infirmary curtain? I...I...Um...Y-You...y-you're a c-cat. Under a c-curtain...I'm l-looking for a fox thing...w-with t-two tails...You w-wouldn't h-have to know him...uh....mister? W-Would you?

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

Actually, he's a human. A flaming hawt, make you question your sexuality human.

Well, now vampire. Under an Infirmary curtain.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Merely a man. A really, really amazing man. Screw Jazirian, Harth, Fanboy, even... Wait. He's probably, in fact, the most attractive humanoid to have ever walked the universes, in an over-hyped, inhuman, Stephenie Meyer described, kinda way. Take Amour’s intrigue (without the weird loner, and lover, issues), Nomlas’ boldness (without the uncouth idiocy, and ignoring the occasional bouts of OMG-cowardice), Vespe’s flair (without the moral weakness – don’t try and deny it), Butler’s sexiness (without the overtones of rank easiness), Fanboy’s gothic impressiveness (without the tendency to get on your nerves), and everyone else good looking you can think of’s attractiveness (without that ugly stench of mortality). He has slightly pointed ears, pale, almost luminous skin, big, red-pink eyes, lacking pupils, and a wiry, muscular physique, that screams effortlessness. He's flaming hawt. Of course, anyone who was in the Waves plot might recognize the form of Prince Kaelaroth Maschin of Magtok-Armennia.

He's wearing jeans, boots, a white shimmering scarf, a furry vest, a leather jacket on top of that, and a blue shirt underneath, largely chosen as his dress of choice to protect against unexpected zombie attacks. A pretty, if nondescript necklace hangs around his neck. Attached to his belt is a wicked looking dragon tooth knife, ammo for his rifle, and a pouch holding the lock pick set he wants people to find when they search him, the secret set hidden in his boots. Slung over his back is his ever present sniper rifle, which is much shinier than usual. Painted on the butt of the rifle is an elder sign symbol.

"Yeah, I seen him. Who wants to know?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

Ah! Marty stares some more then. Er...I d-do s-sir...I'm M-Marty.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

"And why do you want to know?" Reinholdt asks, peering at Marty.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

Marty is somewhat attractive. Not dazzlingly so, but rather handsome. He has a pleasant face save for two scars that run across his cheeks. He has dark blue eyes and blonde hair. He's rather tall and is currently usaing a walking stick to get used to his new limb. He wears heavy clothing that covers the rest of his body. A long scarf hangs off his neck and tight gloves mask his hands and wrists. Not an inch of the rest of his body is uncovered. I...uh...m-met him y-yesterday and w-was r-rather rude...I'd l-like t-to apologize.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

"Ah. Yes well I saw him earlier. Presuming it's the same two tailed fox that's on fire that you're talking about."

I somehow don't think there's that many to choose from.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

(Neither do I.)

Er...y-yes...w-where is h-he now? D-Do y-you know? Marty stammers.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

"See... I think I do, but my memory's just a little fuzzy. If only I had something to... kickstart it." Reinholdt says, rubbing two fingers together to indicate what he means.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

Marty has no clue what that means! Er...y-you need tea? I'm an h-herbalist of s-sorts. I h-have some great t-tea. G-Get's ridd of h-headaches and s-stuff.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

"No... I'm saying that if I had some incentive to remember it'd be easier. Some... monetary incentive perhaps would suffice?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

Marty frowns now. He realizes what the man wants. Marty didn't like people like that. I asked p-politely. That should b-be enough incentive s-sir. I d-don't h-have money that I c-can gfreely g-give away anymore.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

"You can't spare anything? That's pretty doubtful."

Reinholdt doesn't believe that Marty is truly and utterly penniless! Which would be the only legitimate reason in Rein's mind for which not to give him any money.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

Marty growls. I h-have enough t-to keep me full and h-happy. Not enough t-to p-pay p-people like y-you for b-basic information! He's not too happy with this strange man.

29. - Top - End - #209

[Front Entrance]

Aiden wanders into the camp. He doesn't look too good, though more in a starved sense than a injured or sick manner.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

Reinholdt lowers his hand a bit.
    "Well if you were polite in the first place, then you wouldn't be here, now would you? But that's ok, so long as you're full and happy, right?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast