Bugbear in the Playground

Default Explorers of Acacia - OOC thread, the Second

And we roll to thread 2.

{table=head]Position|Player|Character|Gender|Race|Class|Alignm ent
    1|INoKnowNames|Tarmikos Silverkin|M|Human|Crusader7//Bard7|NG
    2|Demidos|Imaran|?|Deep Imraski|Necrotic Infester7//Artificer7|LN
    3|Razorback|Algrith Samisthin|M|Elan|Wizard3/MstrSpc4//Psion7|TN
    [/table]
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2013-05-13 at 01:23 PM.
    If I am slow to respond, it is because I just restarted playing Skyrim I'm updating a ton of damn tables.

"The only difference between homebrew and third-party content is a price tag." -Me, just now.

Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.

My Homebrew-[Nexus] Bailey

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - OOC thread, the Second

Man this is the first pbp where we got a second page in the OOC! I love this game XD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Well hello there! I'm glad to have made this milestone of a second OOC thread. Hopefully, we can get some more momentum going IC again.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show

Current Games:
    - Death's End (DM)
    - Reincarnation Wars (Alexander Idrian)

- Tales of Azhahad (Sylvia Inkweaver)

Many thanks to Ceika for the new avatar!

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

A second OoC thread after one combat? (Not counting Zrekha's killing of the halfling, since it lasted a round and involved one party member) That is really, really weird. I'm trying to get some things moving IC, if I can.

In case you (Qwerty) were wondering when I mentioned "transportation," I meant the two carriages I have. Complete with two horses each. Hmmm... how would one go about hiring someone to drive a carriage, anyway?

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Shazek View Post
    A second OoC thread after one combat? (Not counting Zrekha's killing of the halfling, since it lasted a round and involved one party member) That is really, really weird. I'm trying to get some things moving IC, if I can.

In case you (Qwerty) were wondering when I mentioned "transportation," I meant the two carriages I have. Complete with two horses each. Hmmm... how would one go about hiring someone to drive a carriage, anyway?
    Carriages, you say? Where did you get those? I'm fine with it, just wondering.

As to finding someone to drive them, easy. You can find almost anything here given enough time.

And there will be more activity of the violent persuasion once we get out of the city.
    If I am slow to respond, it is because I just restarted playing Skyrim I'm updating a ton of damn tables.

"The only difference between homebrew and third-party content is a price tag." -Me, just now.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

The carriages were from when I was burning WBL after getting rid of the uber-spellbook in favor of the mental one. (the Eidetic Wizard ACF) I had over 1000 gp to spare after buying what I wanted, so I bought a pair of carriages and 4 horses to pull them. I used standard prices from the SRD for them. I guess I started the game with them, in-world. Never really thought about where Jorah would obtain them.

Edit: How much did the messengers cost?
    Last edited by Shazek; 2012-04-20 at 08:42 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

The carriages were from when I was burning WBL after getting rid of the uber-spellbook in favor of the mental one. (the Eidetic Wizard ACF) I had over 1000 gp to spare after buying what I wanted, so I bought a pair of carriages and 4 horses to pull them. I used standard prices from the SRD for them. I guess I started the game with them, in-world. Never really thought about where Jorah would obtain them.

Edit: How much did the messengers cost?
    All right then. Seems like a good choice.

The messengers cost 1sp per message.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh illustrious DM, you never mentioned the results of Lyral's close inspection of 'Osulu'. He rolled a 14 on the check (for a total of 30) in case you were wondering.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-04-20 at 09:37 PM.
    You divine bastard.
    Show

Current Games:
    - Death's End (DM)

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Oh illustrious DM, you never mentioned the results of Lyral's close inspection of 'Osulu'. He rolled a 14 on the check (for a total of 30) in case you were wondering.
    Oh player, in the future, please let me know when you roll dice for a check, as I don't watch the dice thread very much. And since you asked , you should know:

* He appears to be a wizard in training.
    * The ingredient he was buying appears to be an amber rod (Spellcraft and/or Knowledge (Arcane) DC 15 for more)
    * He doesn't seem very confident.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Qwerty would I be able to get some extra info on this "guard"?
    Like from Halazas perspective does he look scared. (I presume he is due to "losing grip" on the dagger as opposed to "dropping it")

Also does he look like he has much intellegence, specifically in the nature of magic..?
    Halaza is considering telling a few white lies... :)

I am happy for me or you to make any rolls for this, I was going to make another sence motive roll to see how scared he is anyway.

----

Ooops this was in the old thread!

---

Also as to driving carrages...
    Halaza can drive one of them! :D

---

Also how are these messengers finding us?
    Magic I presume?
    Only way I can imagine them finding Halaza,
    Well unless he told the messenger she is randomly walking around the city attacking guards...
    Last edited by Psymple; 2012-04-20 at 10:50 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to have to spoiler this one, because it's a biggun. Qwerty, the last line of it actually is worth noting, if nothing else.

Spoiler
    Show
    I posted over 400 times in the first OOC thread.... I wonder what the fractions would be for each person's postings versus total posts.

A bit late to the party, so I'll respond to several different things, rather than getting started on a rather extensive post count.

The critical? Yes, but I was referring to the auto-hit. And I didn't want the GM to think I went back and edited the Power Attack stuf in. >_>
    I thin it does, since it says is multiplies the extra damage, and I figured that the extra damage (For a two-handed weapon) is the base extra damage.
    Two words: Frenzied Berserker. If the math did stack up that easily, a Frenzied Berserker, not counting any enhancements other than Power Attack, could get easily 250 damage with 1 blow. With the right combination of feats, it could easily end a Tarrasque. That's the main reason the modifiers can't stack so simply. Well, that and because "Melee can't have nice things".

I wish it did stack like that now. Combat Brute enables the same bonuses as a Leap Attack, except you don't have to be charging. A Warblade Leap Attacking in the First Turn and using Combat Brute in the Second could also use Diamond Nightmare Blade, to get a pretty good amount of damage. Whether or not a Dm would be sane enough to allow the x3 and x4 to stack or simply add is their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    Not very hard at all. There are people whose job is to deliver messages around the city swiftly.
    Huh. Paperboy NPCs...
    And we have just rolled to page 50, for those of you running other page lengths.
    I was still on page 36.... Wouldn't we have been up to like, page 150, if we used the base 10 posts per page?
    That feat should have better wording...
    Indeed. The Errata turning it into percentages, especially when it forgets to remove the x2-x3 if two handed only makes it more confusing. They did the same thing to the Frenzied Berserker, too, to try to keep it from doing 1000 damage per turn.

Granted, Pounce means it'll be able to clear about that much anyway...
    I know. That's why I've been keeping an eye there. I just got home, so I am making that the new one now.
    Stalker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psymple View Post
    Pretty sure Leap attack is quoted in an erreta that it does an extra 100% more dmg.
    So Power attack + 2 Handed weapon + Leap attack = 4x your dmg...
    I was looking it up the otherday so... I may be wrong but I am pretty sure of it...
    ---
    EDIT:
    Nevermind checked again, I am wrong its 3x...
    When you need a freaking calculator and a math textbook to figure out the values in your attack, something has gone wrong somewhere.

Still, the point is Hazuki just made that Halfling into a Quarterling. Nice job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Man this is the first pbp where we got a second page in the OOC! I love this game XD.
    I agree. Although it probably wouldn't be on that page if I wasn't spamming the hell out of you guys...

Still, at least it's active. I've had 2 games die on me, and I've been bugging everyone in a 3rd to keep it on life support. And a game I was spectating moved to a place where I can't see it anymore, and I'm sad...
    Well hello there! I'm glad to have made this milestone of a second OOC thread. Hopefully, we can get some more momentum going IC again.
    Heh. Always the action oriented one. You're fun to be around.
    Hey, be lucky we haven't had 50 pages of OOC over -7 months- of gameplay just for the sake of roleplay and 1 combat. It has happened.
    What skill does one need to drive a carriage anyway? I'd be willing to try to drive one, but me no likey horses. I'd sooner pull the carriage myself....
    Carriages, you say? Where did you get those? I'm fine with it, just wondering.
    Actually, the bigger question is where he's been storing them at.
    As to finding someone to drive them, easy. You can find almost anything here given enough time.
    Good to know. I can't wait to spend my next level of wealth on more magic items.
    And there will be more activity of the violent persuasion once we get out of the city.
    YES! COMMENSE WITH THE KILLING AND SPILLING OF BLOOD!
    Oh player, in the future, please let me know when you roll dice for a check, as I don't watch the dice thread very much.
    I feel like making a joke about how you were the one who wanted such a thread to avoid cheating, even though any professionally made roll and a faked roll are easily and immediately noticeable.
    Also as to driving carrages...
    Halaza can drive one of them! :D
    Dips on not riding shotgun with Halaza. Called it.

Also, would Jesskya be helping pull a carriage?
    Also how are these messengers finding us?
    Magic I presume?
    Only way I can imagine them finding Halaza,
    Well unless he told the messenger she is randomly walking around the city attacking guards...
    Yes, because blonde armored heroine riding a UNICORN is so hard to find.

I would like to know if I should roleplay the messenger getting to me now or later. I think I will try to post before I go to work, but I'll edit or delete it if there's an issue. I'm under the assumption I have a moment to be focued on Alex before the messenger finds the group I'm in.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-04-21 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Slightly off on my math.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post

Yes, because blonde armoured heroine riding a UNICORN is so hard to find.
    Ahem, I imagined the reason for hiring people to drive the carriages was so people could sleep during transit so...

Also no, Jesskya could probably pull one on her own, or she could ride along side in case any bandits showed up... Besides, I doubt she would enjoy being tied to a wooden box unless it was absolutely necessary.

I imagine that most people would assume she would stop riding around town on a Unicorn...
    And thus wouldn't mention that to the messenger... However I may be wrong.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahem, I imagined the reason for hiring people to drive the carriages was so people could sleep during transit so...
    Alright, I'll give you that. I'm a bit used to staying awake on the family car rides to Florida, so I just assumed some of us might be awake, talking to each other or whatnot.

Also no, Jesskya could probably pull one on her own
    What, is the great and powerful Jesskya too good to help the other ponies pull the carriages? She has to pull one all herself?

Oh dear ever loving god it's in my head...

or she could ride along side in case any bandits showed up...
    Never been much of a fan of moving random encounters.

Besides, I doubt she would enjoy being tied to a wooden box unless it was absolutely necessary.
    Seems rare that someone would. ANIMAL ABUSE!

I imagine that most people would assume she would stop riding around town on a Unicorn...
    It -was- the last way you were seen... and even still, unless you decided to have her stabled again, you traveling with her (considering the recent issues with the city law) is a pretty safe bet... case in point, actually.

And thus wouldn't mention that to the messenger... However I may be wrong.
    ... actually, now that I think about it, isn't Kel a half-beast looking thing that was last seen flying about in troll form with a massive sword? How the hell do you describe that and not sound like you're on drugs?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

I need a message sent...

Yes? What message?

This letter...

Ok who to?

A hogfaced troll last seen flying through the sky with his pet wolf the size of a horse. And a half dragon paladin with a unicorn...

Yes yes ofcourse, that will be 1 silver each....
    *Bins the letters*

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

... actually, now that I think about it, isn't Kel a half-beast looking thing that was last seen flying about in troll form with a massive sword? How the hell do you describe that and not sound like you're on drugs?

You forgot the flying giant wolf beside him

And right now Kel looks mostly trollish. He is in the shape of a troll and I don't think Bite of the Wearboar would influence his looks ALL that much. I mean to most people he will still look like a troll. You could simply describe him as a flying troll with a great sword and a large flying wolf

To be frank I am surprised the guard didn't mention anything about the surprisingly articulate and good aligned troll and giant wolf.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

I need a message sent...

Yes? What message?

This letter...

Ok who to?

A hogfaced troll last seen flying through the sky with his pet wolf the size of a horse. And a half dragon paladin with a unicorn...

Yes yes ofcourse, that will be 1 silver each....
    *Bins the letters*
    .... You're seriously wasting my time with this obvious prank of a delivery? You're fired. Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing pixie dust...

Serious NoNames is serious: I didn't think we could actually -see- that you're Half Dragon. Or that you're a Paladin.

To Silva, what do you honestly expect?
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-04-21 at 01:06 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

.... You're seriously wasting my time with this obvious prank of a delivery? You're fired. Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing pixie dust...

Serious NoNames is serious: I didn't think we could actually -see- that you're Half Dragon. Or that you're a Paladin.

To Silva, what do you honestly expect?
    To be fair Paladin is the easiest to identify of any class Kel noted she was a paladin upon her introduction.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    To be fair Paladin is the easiest to identify of any class Kel noted she was a paladin upon her introduction.
    I always assumed it would be Wizard or some other kind of spell user. Since if you're looking at a Wizard, either you're looking at a God play hacky-sack with the world while you've been morphed into an animal, are trying not to make said God mad while he plays, or you're looking at a nerd try to shoot fireworks.

I'm very against classes looking like or seeming like any stereotype unless that's what the player has specified. I go by a blank slate until proven otherwise. Same with races in real life, actually.

"Hi, Mr. Wizard! I'm hoping I could by some magic it-"

"DID YOU JUST CALL ME A WIZARD!?! I'M A SORCERER, YOU ARROGANT, CONDENSENDING FOOL!"

"Okay, okay, I'm sor-"*frogged*

"You mean you're amphibian."

"Reggie, he was a customer!"

"And now he's food for my familiar."
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-04-21 at 01:14 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Oh I forgot celestial as well...
    But yeah it would be pretty obveous she is a Paladin... the fact she has a Unicorn means she is good, and she is also a warrior... = Paladin...
    (No spells so not a true paladin)

You probably wouldnt notice she was a Half-Dragon, I imagine its quite faint on her skin and the fact she is also celestial probably also makes it even harder to decern for people without the correct knowledge...
    However if you look close enough she is scaled... :)

I will be recieving my Letter as soon as I am done with the guards, I imagine I am harder to find than Kel as atleast he told everyone he was going to the guard station, I just wandered off into the city...

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh I forgot celestial as well...
    But yeah it would be pretty obveous she is a Paladin... the fact she has a Unicorn means she is good, and she is also a warrior... = Paladin...
    (No spells so not a true paladin)
    I can't remember right off of the top of my head, but there are a couple of classes that can get unicorns and that are good but don't require even remotely touching the Paladin class...

I won't dispute that having a Unicorn means you're good. That's like saying the Sun isn't hot. It simply can't be true. However, I will say that doesn't automatically mean Paladin. A Paladin is more than simply being a very good person. It also adds those very important personal ethical oaths (be it Lawful or Chaotic). Those extra high standards that hold you beyond the average call of a hero.

However if you look close enough she is scaled... :)
    .... I don't see Tarmikos getting close enough to inspect Halaza for scales.

(yes, that needed all those smileys)

I'll have to continue this conversation later today... I hate my job...
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-04-21 at 01:36 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21

I'm going to have to spoiler this one, because it's a biggun. Qwerty, the last line of it actually is worth noting, if nothing else.

Spoiler
    Show
    I posted over 400 times in the first OOC thread.... I wonder what the fractions would be for each person's postings versus total posts.

A bit late to the party, so I'll respond to several different things, rather than getting started on a rather extensive post count.

Two words: Frenzied Berserker. If the math did stack up that easily, a Frenzied Berserker, not counting any enhancements other than Power Attack, could get easily 250 damage with 1 blow. With the right combination of feats, it could easily end a Tarrasque. That's the main reason the modifiers can't stack so simply. Well, that and because "Melee can't have nice things".

I wish it did stack like that now. Combat Brute enables the same bonuses as a Leap Attack, except you don't have to be charging. A Warblade Leap Attacking in the First Turn and using Combat Brute in the Second could also use Diamond Nightmare Blade, to get a pretty good amount of damage. Whether or not a Dm would be sane enough to allow the x3 and x4 to stack or simply add is their choice.

Huh. Paperboy NPCs...

I was still on page 36.... Wouldn't we have been up to like, page 150, if we used the base 10 posts per page?

Indeed. The Errata turning it into percentages, especially when it forgets to remove the x2-x3 if two handed only makes it more confusing. They did the same thing to the Frenzied Berserker, too, to try to keep it from doing 1000 damage per turn.

Granted, Pounce means it'll be able to clear about that much anyway...

Stalker!

When you need a freaking calculator and a math textbook to figure out the values in your attack, something has gone wrong somewhere.

Still, the point is Hazuki just made that Halfling into a Quarterling. Nice job.

I agree. Although it probably wouldn't be on that page if I wasn't spamming the hell out of you guys...

Still, at least it's active. I've had 2 games die on me, and I've been bugging everyone in a 3rd to keep it on life support. And a game I was spectating moved to a place where I can't see it anymore, and I'm sad...

Heh. Always the action oriented one. You're fun to be around.

Hey, be lucky we haven't had 50 pages of OOC over -7 months- of gameplay just for the sake of roleplay and 1 combat. It has happened.

What skill does one need to drive a carriage anyway? I'd be willing to try to drive one, but me no likey horses. I'd sooner pull the carriage myself....

Actually, the bigger question is where he's been storing them at.

Good to know. I can't wait to spend my next level of wealth on more magic items.

YES! COMMENSE WITH THE KILLING AND SPILLING OF BLOOD!

I feel like making a joke about how you were the one who wanted such a thread to avoid cheating, even though any professionally made roll and a faked roll are easily and immediately noticeable.

Yes, because blonde armored heroine riding a UNICORN is so hard to find.

I would like to know if I should roleplay the messenger getting to me now or later. I think I will try to post before I go to work, but I'll edit or delete it if there's an issue. I'm under the assumption I have a moment to be focued on Alex before the messenger finds the group I'm in.
    You can roleplay the messenger's arrival as much or as little as you like.

What, is the great and powerful Jesskya too good to help the other ponies pull the carriages? She has to pull one all herself?

Oh dear ever loving god it's in my head...
    Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated into the herd.

I can't remember right off of the top of my head, but there are a couple of classes that can get unicorns and that are good but don't require even remotely touching the Paladin class...

I won't dispute that having a Unicorn means you're good. That's like saying the Sun isn't hot. It simply can't be true. However, I will say that doesn't automatically mean Paladin. A Paladin is more than simply being a very good person. It also adds those very important personal ethical oaths (be it Lawful or Chaotic). Those extra high standards that hold you beyond the average call of a hero.
    *Applause* Well said. Have a cookie.

Also, a message to all players: Do not question how the extremely efficient couriers work. They just do.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-04-21 at 06:23 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Psymple: you do realize that if you're a half-dragon, you do not really resemble a human? The description in the Monster Manual for a black half-dragon is as follows: This powerful humanoid has black, scaled skin, sharp claws and fangs, and a pair of forward-curving horns above its eyes.

Horns, claws, and fangs. There really is no way anyone should have been fooled as to who you were the moment they saw you. In fact, any townsfolk who don't know the difference would probably be cowering in fear, as a monstrous humanoid walking around in armor would not be a very comforting sight.

*goes back and reads character sheet*
    *facepalm*
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-04-21 at 07:45 AM.
    You divine bastard.
    Show

Current Games:
    - Death's End (DM)

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Three words: Frenzied Berserker sucks. Anyone stupid enough to take that in any non-solo game is a moron who deserves to be flogged.

*goes back and reads character sheet*
    *facepalm*
    I tried to mention it in the last OOC thread.

But Halaza's sheet does say Dragonborn. The reborn scaly people.

So rather than looking like this:

She should look like this:

Or this:

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Like from Halazas perspective does he look scared. (I presume he is due to "losing grip" on the dagger as opposed to "dropping it")

Also does he look like he has much intellegence, specifically in the nature of magic..?

I am happy for me or you to make any rolls for this, I was going to make another sence motive roll to see how scared he is anyway.
    Asto Dragonborn?
    Well she has no natural armour from said scales so they wouldnt robust at all...
    Also she is already celestial, not many celestials round here so I imagine the two of them stacked together would make it rather indecernable.
    Also she is not not HALF-Dragon, she is Dragonborn, no claws, no bite attack, no wings...
    Last edited by Psymple; 2012-04-21 at 10:19 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know what you mean by robust scales, but have you seen the Dragonborn entry in Races of the Dragon? It's pretty clear they're covered in scales. And have dragon maws.

These are all images from the entry for Dragonborn in Races of the Dragon:

Maybe I missed it, but I certainly don't see a cute anime girl in any of those.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

I don't know what you mean by robust scales, but have you seen the Dragonborn entry in Races of the Dragon? It's pretty clear they're covered in scales. And have dragon maws.

These are all images from the entry for Dragonborn in Races of the Dragon:

Indeed they are, doesnt mean I have to agree with them though...
    In my mind Dragonborns should look more like spell scales, due to them actually gaining none of the dragon like abilities associated with claws and a maw full of teeth.
    I agree she should be scaled, and I did actually add scales to the image but it was too small a resolution so I changed it... As to anime! :O Bah... maybe it does look a little... damn... :|

Essentially my description of Halaza would be Angelic with a hint of dragon.
    Shes mostly celestial, only a tiny part of her is dragon. (I used the dragon born mechanics but essentially refluffed)
    So there was a dragon in her bloody line a few generaltions ago but she is mostly Celestial. Hence she would be mostly aasimar, with an aasimar form and figure.
    Her skin would be skaley to the touch and those who look cloesly ( a few meters away) and her shoulders would be slightly broader.
    She may have to cut her finger and toe nails more regularly and perhaps there are small hornes at the back of her head.
    Her "maw" ? Well maybe she would have a larger jaw, but come on... The pictures show godzilla teeth yet no bite attack? Justification... ?
    I dont think so...

Also *Coughs* there is another dragonborn in the party, stop pissing on my parade and share! :P

Also, I am bumping my question again....
    Because you people keep making a million posts and at this rate its never going to get asnwered... :O

Last edited by Psymple; 2012-04-21 at 12:13 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

There's another Dragonborn?!

I know Tarmikos has dragonblood, but Silverbrow Humans aren't Dragonborn, they're just a bloodline of humans. Dragonborn are made by devoting themselves to Bahamut, then perform a ritual in which they sleep overnight in an egg and are "reborn" the next morning as a Dragonborn.

28. - Top - End - #28

He appears to be scared. It doesn't look like he has any magical skill, nor does he look all that bright..

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Also *Coughs* there is another dragonborn in the party, stop pissing on my parade and share! :P
    Thanks for trying to throw me to the fire, although, as Hazuki pointed out, nothing wrong with Tarmikos. But more on that later.

You can roleplay the messenger's arrival as much or as little as you like.
    Cool. Once I get feeling back in my limbs, I'll post. Care for 1-2 moments of dialog, or should I completely pantamime it? Personally, I prefer the former.

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated into the herd.
    Spoiler
    Show

Three words: Frenzied Berserker sucks. Anyone stupid enough to take that in any non-solo game is a moron who deserves to be flogged.
    Or someone wanting to try new options, or someone that actually enjoys the class....

I won't even try to say that it requires a group that would be willing to work around the risks, and that would preferably have a few contengiencies to deal with the affects of it. Risking killing your party every time someone makes you mad isn't good.

But x4 to your Power Attack, possibly even higher if Leap Attacking... that is pretty darn tempting. And basically being -THE- Incredible Hulk is.... well, awesome.

Fudge, now I want to play one.

I said I'd leave my comments about the races later, but...

So rather than looking like this:

She should look like this:

Spoiler
    Show

The Internet can probably provide a few pics. They made the freaking Colossi into cute anime girls; they can do it to Dragons too.

I agree she should be scaled, and I did actually add scales to the image but it was too small a resolution so I changed it... As to anime! :O
    Just like the rest of the Neko Community.

Also, I am bumping my question again....
    Because you people keep making a million posts and at this rate its never going to get asnwered... :O
    You had a question?

And finally, About the whole "Looking like a Human despite actually being a Dragon Born Aasimar" thing? Does it honestly -hurt- (and I mean for real hurt) anyone if she looks more humanoid than dragonoid? If her physical appearance doesn't match the traditions set by the fluff of the books, but rather the desires of the player, so long as they are inline with the mechanics, I don't see what the problem is. If Psymple wants Halaza to be a cute monster girl, justified slightly by being more angelic than dragonborn, even if the dragonborn fluff would say otherwise, does anyone actually suffer from it?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Or someone wanting to try new options, or someone that actually enjoys the class....

I won't even try to say that it requires a group that would be willing to work around the risks, and that would preferably have a few contengiencies to deal with the affects of it. Risking killing your party every time someone makes you mad isn't good.
    Also known as MORONS. If you want to rage, that's fine, but being a Frenzied Berserker is stupid, plain and simple. It means your party has to waste resources every goddamn time you frenzy so they can fight you. Those contingencies? Could be used for another spell, or whatever you have in mind.

Any character with a Wisdom or Intelligence of above 10 would murder the Frenzied Berserker after the first time they did it; or else they're metagaming for convenience.

And finally, About the whole "Looking like a Human despite actually being a Dragon Born Aasimar" thing? Does it honestly -hurt- (and I mean for real hurt) anyone if she looks more humanoid than dragonoid? If her physical appearance doesn't match the traditions set by the fluff of the books, but rather the desires of the player, so long as they are inline with the mechanics, I don't see what the problem is. If Psymple wants Halaza to be a cute monster girl, justified slightly by being more angelic than dragonborn, even if the dragonborn fluff would say otherwise, does anyone actually suffer from it?
    Yes, it affects it massively.

The Dragonborn thing? It's a transformation you make after birth; a conscious decision. You don't get dragon blood, or grow a few teeth and scales.

You're transformed into a draconic creature. It doesn't matter if you were a tiefling halfling, or an Aasimar Elf, or an Earth Genasi Dwarf; you get transformed into a draconic creature by the magic of Bahamut.

It isn't making a tiefling with a vestigial tail.

It's more like being a troll when your parents are both elves.

"Oh, Timmy? Yeah, sometimes us elves randomly give birth to trolls. Centuries of pure elves, then BOOM, troll from the womb."