Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - OOC thread, the Second

Eep! I had like 7 threads update while I had to go to -5- Birthdays in just -2- Days. What the heck is with September/October that made everyone go bananas and make a bunch of June Babies!?!

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    It is worse than that... Look again, this room has 2 doors out. With you guys and doors, we could be here for a while.
    *checks map*

Oh snap. I hadn't noticed that. There is another way out....

And if we include the door we just came from, that's -3- Doors.

In other news, ..... interesting avatar, Q. And I'm not saying that through chattering, traumatised teeth of a man accosted by bronies.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Hmmph... I think we need to hire an underling who's only job is to open doors for us. Probably worth his weight in gold.
    There might be a spell for that, if not for getting through doors dirrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    Don't you have a necromancer? I'm pretty sure we have a necromancer.

Just get an undead to do it for you!
    Depends on how this universe is for the sake of "reanimating corpses", let alone for the purpose they serve. Does one evil balance out fighting more evil?

Qwerty, are you waiting on me or anything? Because I had my post updated with my Diplomacy Roll of 2 (+19 Mod for a 21) the night you had me roll. Or maybe I'm not seeing a new post or something....

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Depends on how this universe is for the sake of "reanimating corpses", let alone for the purpose they serve. Does one evil balance out fighting more evil?
    Well, given that if you asked me, I'd say that Animate Dead shouldn't have the Evil descriptor anyway... (Please note that this statement doesn't apply to Create Undead or Create Greater Undead)

Qwerty, are you waiting on me or anything? Because I had my post updated with my Diplomacy Roll of 2 (+19 Mod for a 21) the night you had me roll. Or maybe I'm not seeing a new post or something....
    You're not the blind one, it's me. I'm on it.

EDIT: Why are we interrogating the nameless mooks?
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-06-27 at 09:18 AM.
    I am on vacation until the 27th, and after that I start my new job. Expect posting to be sporadic until I get settled into the new routine.

"The only difference between homebrew and third-party content is a price tag." -Me, just now.

Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.

My Homebrew-[Nexus] Bailey

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, given that if you asked me, I'd say that Animate Dead shouldn't have the Evil descriptor anyway... (Please note that this statement doesn't apply to Create Undead or Create Greater Undead)
    Honestly, I've never understood why it -wouldn't- get anything but the Evil Descriptor. Seems like a low move to bring something that died back to life in a twisted perverted shell of it's former self. For the sake of just getting servants, there are other ways of getting free hired help that don't involve... you know, dead bodies.

You're not the blind one, it's me. I'm on it.

EDIT: Why are we interrogating the nameless mooks?
    Good question. I'm only continuing mainly because I'm not sure if I could instantly knock them out or not. What were the results of my Sense Motive Check? Along with my Spot and Listen, actually...

Not sure if I'll be going with Perform or Intimidate Next, or if the earlier Diplomacy for continuing a conversation would work, if I wanted to try to get them to cooperate.

Also, I'm sorry, I can't help but be intimidated by your Pony.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-06-28 at 02:35 PM.

4. - Top - End - #304

Good question. I'm only continuing mainly because I'm not sure if I could instantly knock them out or not. What were the results of my Sense Motive Check? Along with my Spot and Listen, actually...

Not sure if I'll be going with Perform or Intimidate Next, or if the earlier Diplomacy for continuing a conversation would work, if I wanted to try to get them to cooperate.

Also, I'm sorry, I can't help but be intimidated by your Pony.
    They are level 1 NPC's who don't even have a name. I think you can take them. There is nothing in this room for a Spot/Listen check to find.
    I am on vacation until the 27th, and after that I start my new job. Expect posting to be sporadic until I get settled into the new routine.

"The only difference between homebrew and third-party content is a price tag." -Me, just now.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

They are level 1 NPC's who don't even have a name. I think you can take them. There is nothing in this room for a Spot/Listen check to find.
    ...... That's more than just a bit blunt.

Edit: Dang! I was hoping you'd get to see that before you got off... but I had to practice it a bit... and then I got into a fight with my Dad about whether or not I should be talking to my Birth Mother.... so it's been a fun morning...
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-06-29 at 12:28 PM.

6. - Top - End - #306

Honestly, I've never understood why it -wouldn't- get anything but the Evil Descriptor. Seems like a low move to bring something that died back to life in a twisted perverted shell of it's former self. For the sake of just getting servants, there are other ways of getting free hired help that don't involve... you know, dead bodies.
    Not speaking as the greatest fan of undeath here myself, but I wouldn't label using the bodies of your faithful servants who died but wished to keep serving you even in death. Given, thats speaking from an in-game perspective, not IRL, but its feasible. Plus, it merely animates their bodies, and it doesnt drag their souls back or anything. Its simply reusing their bodies. That said, I still find it rather gross -- this is actually my first time playing something necromancy based
    Last edited by Demidos; 2012-06-29 at 02:10 PM.
    Former Avatars by
    Spoiler
    Show
    MethosH

My Characters:
    Flutter: Level 20 Tristalt

My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.

The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3

Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Troll in the Playground

Awesome something I can comment on while we get back to Kel

The thing I think most people have a problem with is that the corpse is no longer that person. Its just a lump of flesh. Now animating as intelligent undead will probably be evil unless the servant wants to be raised. I would consider it more rude than anything else.

And undead have advantages over other forms of hired help. They don't eat, sleep, drink. Survive in plenty of conditions. And you can sacrifice them much more readily than other minions.
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

The thing I think most people have a problem with is that the corpse is no longer that person. Its just a lump of flesh. Now animating as intelligent undead will probably be evil unless the servant wants to be raised. I would consider it more rude than anything else.

And undead have advantages over other forms of hired help. They don't eat, sleep, drink. Survive in plenty of conditions. And you can sacrifice them much more readily than other minions.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

10. - Top - End - #310

First off, sorry about the delay, storm knocked power out across town. Now then...

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post

This is exactly how I see it.

Now then, to handle the mooks.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post
    Not speaking as the greatest fan of undeath here myself, but I wouldn't label using the bodies of your faithful servants who died but wished to keep serving you even in death. Given, thats speaking from an in-game perspective, not IRL, but its feasible. Plus, it merely animates their bodies, and it doesnt drag their souls back or anything. Its simply reusing their bodies. That said, I still find it rather gross -- this is actually my first time playing something necromancy based
    ... sounds kinda cultish from that perspective. Although I guess a neutral character could get away with something like that...

Eh. I don't know why I'm physically unable to play Evil. I just can't do it. At least not in public, and it's very hard to in private.

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post

First of all, -TRI-TRI-TRI-TRIPPLE POST!-

Second, I'll admit that's certainly far more practical than reviving people... But I'll bet there are summons that can get similar effects done without the whole "used to be a (possibly) cherished living beings with next-of-kin and relatives that might want to lay the body to rest and know it to be undisturbed". Maybe for a lower spell slot, too.

Some people don't place value in the body once the spirit has departed. I understand and respect that. I wonder if I'm weird that I do...

First off, sorry about the delay, storm knocked power out across town. Now then, to handle the mooks.
    DC 10 Intimidate? You know that I pass that even on a Natural 1 unless you include critical fails for skill checks, right?

(1d20+9)[19]

Feel free to edit in the Diplomacy DC, and I'll edit a roll from the Dice Thread onto here (hopefully my halfway decent luck won't die out as I roll).
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-06-30 at 02:17 PM.

12. - Top - End - #312

... sounds kinda cultish from that perspective. Although I guess a neutral character could get away with something like that...

Eh. I don't know why I'm physically unable to play Evil. I just can't do it. At least not in public, and it's very hard to in private.

Second, I'll admit that's certainly far more practical than reviving people... But I'll bet there are summons that can get similar effects done without the whole "used to be a (possibly) cherished living beings with next-of-kin and relatives that might want to lay the body to rest and know it to be undisturbed". Maybe for a lower spell slot, too.

Some people don't place value in the body once the spirit has departed. I understand and respect that. I wonder if I'm weird that I do...
    Hey, if they dont mind....I see it as being an organ donor. Yeah, they could take organs from everyone, but thats just creepy and rather impolite to their final wishes. If they wish to "continue serving the community" after death or something....still creepy (though i find organ donor-ing creepy too) but not evil.

Actually, theres lower level summoning spells, but nothing permanent. If there were something along the lines of a permanent animate object, I would totally use that instead. ....Actually, that sounds sorta cool. Hey Silva, can I re-fluff animate dead/all undead stuff as animate objects/non undead stuff in one of our campaigns, keeping costs and stats the same?

Nope. You're in the majority (with me.) IRL I would definitely be creeped out by that sort of thing. But...yeah, see the first part of my response.

Anyway, lets get some action! Roll faster!
    Former Avatars by
    Spoiler
    Show
    MethosH

My Characters:

My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.

The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3

13. - Top - End - #313

DC 10 Intimidate? You know that I pass that even on a Natural 1 unless you include critical fails for skill checks, right?

[roll0]

Feel free to edit in the Diplomacy DC, and I'll edit a roll from the Dice Thread onto here (hopefully my halfway decent luck won't die out as I roll).
    Now then, the hard check. Diplomacy DC is 34.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-06-30 at 04:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Now then, the hard check. Diplomacy DC is 34.
    -Ouch-. Serves me right for being overconfident, then.... means I gotta roll a 15 or better... Dang. Ah well, just to play along.

(1d20+19)[38]

My response can be summarised with this video's audio commentary.*

*although I don't use the lewd languaged used, and I'm not going to make your ears bleed with the volume. This is my warning about that*

----------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, I just realised how long it's been since Jorah. Shouldn't he be explaining things to Kel, Lia and Zrehka? Should I go try to track down Shazek?
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-06-30 at 05:33 PM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, if they dont mind....I see it as being an organ donor.
    I don't know if it's because I haven't had my coffee yet but I found that hilarious. The wife, not so much as I woke her up.

Eh. I don't know why I'm physically unable to play Evil.
    You know, I can't either unless I'm DM'ing. I tried to get into a game on these forums a while back, on of the all evil games, and used the concept of one of my main villains but I lost interest before the recruiting was done. DM'ing him (especially the monologuing part) was fun but I realized that I didn't want to play a long term version of him, to really expand him that way.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, if they dont mind....I see it as being an organ donor. Yeah, they could take organs from everyone, but thats just creepy and rather impolite to their final wishes. If they wish to "continue serving the community" after death or something....still creepy (though i find organ donor-ing creepy too) but not evil.
    ..... my opinion has been swayed by the Internet....

If it's someone's choice that their body continue on in that way, if putting the spirit back in isn't accessable or preferable, I guess that might not be too abominable an act...

But then the whole Zombie and Skeleton thing.... bit harder to justify in my mind. 'cause Zombies and Skeletons are ****ed up.

Nope. You're in the majority (with me.) IRL I would definitely be creeped out by that sort of thing. But...yeah, see the first part of my response.
    If Animate Undead were to be a real life issue, we'd probably have plenty of other problems before it. Magic and Science don't always play nice.

Anyway, lets get some action! Roll faster!
    How was my post, by the way? Besides -WAY- too dang long, of course. I tried really hard to make it sound right...

I don't know if it's because I haven't had my coffee yet but I found that hilarious. The wife, not so much as I woke her up.
    What a wonderful way to start the day.

You know, I can't either unless I'm DM'ing. I tried to get into a game on these forums a while back, on of the all evil games, and used the concept of one of my main villains but I lost interest before the recruiting was done. DM'ing him (especially the monologuing part) was fun but I realized that I didn't want to play a long term version of him, to really expand him that way.
    Hm. My excuse is that I'm just too much of a priss about it without becoming a psychopath.

I wonder if Qwerty was expecting me to pass or fail those checks.... I still can't believe I made that Diplomacy one.

17. - Top - End - #317

I really had no clue if you would pull that off, but here we are.

Eep! I had like 7 threads update while I had to go to -5- Birthdays in just -2- Days. What the heck is with September/October that made everyone go bananas and make a bunch of June Babies!?!
    Side note: Yesterday, I was at a birthday party for 7+ individuals.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

I'm still here. Just...y'know, call me if you need somebody hit with a sword.

Can a dragon attack the tavern? Murdering a dragon would be fun.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

I really had no clue if you would pull that off, but here we are.
    How was that DC calculated, if you don't mind me asking?

Side note: Yesterday, I was at a birthday party for 7+ individuals.
    Still don't know what it is about Septermber / October that gets everyone freaky...

I'm still here. Just...y'know, call me if you need somebody hit with a sword.

Can a dragon attack the tavern? Murdering a dragon would be fun.
    .... should I be concerned? I feel like I should be concerned.

Pretty sure your group is still waiting on Shazek. I'ma shoot him a message.
    Primary Update. Secondary Update.

I've been busy in the past few months, trying to piece together my life.

However, my biggest hurdle is finally gone: I'm free of my crutches again! This song conveys my feelings on this matter.

I may not be quite at 100%, and at 300 lbs. I'm heavier than before, but I can finally fix it. By the end of this year, I'm going to be less than 200, I swear.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

Tan Barbarian needs XP...badly.

21. - Top - End - #321

Your Intimidate result +15. You needed to scare them, but not too much.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Tan Barbarian needs XP...badly.
    But I don't wanna be exp!

Your Intimidate result +15. You needed to scare them, but not too much.
    So, if I had failed, would I have just sent then running away or something?

And does my Sense Motive reveal that I can take their words at face value so far? Or do I need to roll out another one?

Any further Diplo checks needed, too?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I wanted to ask; what were the rules about allignment again?

Because if there were or weren't any restrictions, I wanted to see about becoming Lawful. If there were, then I'll just have to think about a way to get around that (and I believe there were 2 feats for such a thing).

I'm aware I don't get to continue to advance my Bardic Abilities if I do, at least normally. But looking at him, and how he works, even if he's a bit... emotional, he seems like the Lawful type to me.

In any case, working up a post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

How is my roleplaying, by the way? I'm not sure if I'm doing a good job with the acting, or if I just need to shut up a bit more, or if it's enjoyable/convincing a read or not...
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-07-02 at 04:52 PM.

However, my biggest hurdle is finally gone: I'm free of my crutches again! This song conveys my feelings on this matter.

I may not be quite at 100%, and at 300 lbs. I'm heavier than before, but I can finally fix it. By the end of this year, I'm going to be less than 200, I swear.

23. - Top - End - #323

So, if I had failed, would I have just sent then running away or something?

And does my Sense Motive reveal that I can take their words at face value so far? Or do I need to roll out another one?

Any further Diplo checks needed, too?
    Right, less that that would have meant you'd scared them too much.
    Also, they are being honest. BTW, they were level 1 rouges, not commoners. Still too easy for XP, but I think you should have some anyway. Have 200 XP. No further checks required for those guys. Also, please note, both doors have some XP behind them.

Also, I wanted to ask; what were the rules about allignment again?

Because if there were or weren't any restrictions, I wanted to see about becoming Lawful. If there were, then I'll just have to think about a way to get around that (and I believe there were 2 feats for such a thing).

I'm aware I don't get to continue to advance my Bardic Abilities if I do, at least normally. But looking at him, and how he works, even if he's a bit... emotional, he seems like the Lawful type to me.

In any case, working up a post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

How is my roleplaying, by the way? I'm not sure if I'm doing a good job with the acting, or if I just need to shut up a bit more, or if it's enjoyable/convincing a read or not...
    You can change your alignment as you wish, as long as it makes sense. Also, I think your RPing is just fine.

EDIT: Also, Lyral gets 250 xp right now as well, for all those bandits I threw at him.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-07-02 at 06:19 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Still don't know what it is about Septermber / October that gets everyone freaky...

Oh dear... did I, too fail a Spot check?

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shazek View Post
    Oh dear... did I, too fail a Spot check?
    I am a Spell Casting Capable Cleric!

Turn Unthread! Annoy Party Members! Slow Game!

... am I a good Cleric, or a bad Cleric...

Anywho, I believe you were needed here last, unless I'm wrong.

Just gotta hope the group that was waiting on you hadn't vanished.

Also, EXP! YAY!

While there appears to be brain activity going on, what are the Mooks going to do, if they've decided yet? Maybe act on the chance of redemption offered to them? Or flee (providing none of the rest of my half of the party decides to do anything about it)?
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-07-02 at 06:32 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

Ya I think that was the last time Jorah was talked to. No rush though. We are both going to be waiting until the combat group finishes.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Experience points? Oh happy day! Let's see how far this little adventure takes Lyral.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show

Current Games:
    - Death's End (DM)
    - Reincarnation Wars (Alexander Idrian)

- Tales of Azhahad (Sylvia Inkweaver)

Many thanks to Ceika for the new avatar!

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

28. - Top - End - #328

Hey all,
    I'm going to be travelling for the next couple weeks, so my internet access may be intermittent. I should be able to get a post up at least every few days, so it shouldnt hold us up too much, but I just thought i'd give you the heads up. If its neccesary, feel free to NPC me or have Razorback or Silva cover for me (Only take reasonable suggestions from Silva (Dont suicide me Silva. No using me as a meatshield either. >.>), but otherwise I dont think it'll be an issue.

Thanks!
    Former Avatars by
    Spoiler
    Show
    MethosH

My Characters:

My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class

Completed Classes

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

"Imaran, in a show of true friendship to Algrith, give him all his worldy gifts and sells his soul to a devil in order to procure a book on how to make the perfect sourdough bread that Algrith always wanted..."

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh. That's funny.

Never seem to be able to trust party members when you're incapacitated...

................ fudge, I just realised I'm in that same position unless I can get internet while I'm gone, which I'm not counting on...

Edit: I think I -should- be capable of staying in contact. Not 100% certain, but pretty certain all the same. If not, who feels like controling Tarmikos for a bit if I'm gone?

Sorry for the delay in posting, by the way. Helping with the trip.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-07-06 at 12:19 PM.