Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - OOC thread, the Second

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    There are a small band of survivors, living on the outskirts of the URL. We've survived so far by eating smileys and italics, but it won't be long until they're gone too. There's a light at the end of the tunnel, but we've all been changed by our time separated from the civilized world. We're not the same people we used to be.
    XD. It was three days!
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm still alive.
    I am on vacation until the 27th, and after that I start my new job. Expect posting to be sporadic until I get settled into the new routine.

"The only difference between homebrew and third-party content is a price tag." -Me, just now.

Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.

My Homebrew-[Nexus] Bailey

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    XD. It was three days!
    I had to eat my spleen to survive. :(

4. - Top - End - #514
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

I managed to survive only because of my Ring of Sustenance. Fortunately, it kept me alive in the absence of water.

5. - Top - End - #515

I had to flee to another city for supplies.

Spoiler
    Show
    And by that I mean go back to my my hometown to try to get my driver's licence. Failed, BTW. Also had my birthday party (birthday tomorrow).
    I am on vacation until the 27th, and after that I start my new job. Expect posting to be sporadic until I get settled into the new routine.

"The only difference between homebrew and third-party content is a price tag." -Me, just now.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

Happy birthday in advance!

7. - Top - End - #517
    Troll in the Playground

So any ideas on how to proceed in capturing this guy? We could attempt scrying him but that is more than likely blocked. Where do we think he is heading to now?

8. - Top - End - #518
    Troll in the Playground

Happy birthday, Qwerty! And I'm not saying it early; I'm actually in tomorrow, but I'm using yesterday's forum servers to send it today.

Also, I think we should capture this guy by getting a hundred wands of Augury and asking "Will we find him if we go...HERE?!" and point dramatically to a place on the map.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

Happy birthday, Qwerty! And I'm not saying it early; I'm actually in tomorrow, but I'm using yesterday's forum servers to send it today.

Also, I think we should capture this guy by getting a hundred wands of Augury and asking "Will we find him if we go...HERE?!" and point dramatically to a place on the map.
    The sad thing is thats our first suggestion Also don't we have some idea where he is heading? I think the north and some tower? Its been a while

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

The sad thing is thats our first suggestion Also don't we have some idea where he is heading? I think the north and some tower? Its been a while
    Without scouring the whole IC, that sounds about right.

11. - Top - End - #521

I haven't scoured the IC either, but I do recall pointing north several times.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

Well we could buy a map and look for possible spots of importance. If he is looking for a blade of EVILNESS. It will probably be located either in the middle of a major city in some crypts or in the hands of a nobel or in some dungeon in the countryside.

We could use arugy and divination to determine if he has entered any of those dungeon crawls or plans to.

13. - Top - End - #523

Gathering the info you have thus far:

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazek View Post
    [SNIP] he calls upon Athena for knowledge about his goal of finding and apprehending Cruorin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Divination at Caster Level 8 as a 4th level Domain Spell through Spontaneous Domains. As per the description, asking about a "goal." 78% chance for success. Come on, dice. (In case "specific magic yielding false information is at work," I'll assume you roll this in secret.)

Spoiler
    Show
    The one you seek has moved to the north, where a great change will soon occur.
    Dagoc's lines:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, in terms of local crime, all we have around here are thieves. Except for this one case, about a month ago. There was, like, 3 murders in one day, and then poof, this murderer was gone as fast as he arrived. No one knows who did it, and not for a lack of trying. All we know is that none of the 3 victims never saw their killer. Might that be what you're looking for?

As to the man, no one saw him. Not even his victims, if Speak with Dead is anything to go by. One hit kills, all three of them.

Other gathered information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You find that the head sergeant of the guards is hiding among the crowd, trying to find someone, but the who was unclear.

You note a cleric trying and failing to sell some potions of some kind.

Some guy is trying to sneak off to his mistress.

A bard was running through, trying to reach an inn at the south end of town before his employer gets too angry.

A ranger comes along, tracking her two-timing husband.

It would seem the king of this land is dying, and there will soon be a crowning ceremony at the capital, Brunsshire, 20 miles to the north.

The king, Yeril, has ruled this land for 48 years after his father passed away. Yeril has been of declining health for quite some time now, but rumor has it that he will die in the next few weeks, whereupon his son, Imis, will take the throne.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-10-09 at 08:03 AM.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

First of all, Happy Birthday, Qwerty!

I just started checking the site again XD
    I never stoped trying... it was so annoying that half the links would present information in the previews, but the site would lock me out upon trying to get into them.

There are a small band of survivors, living on the outskirts of the URL. We've survived so far by eating smileys and italics, but it won't be long until they're gone too. There's a light at the end of the tunnel, but we've all been changed by our time separated from the civilized world. We're not the same people we used to be.
    .... this sounds like it would be a fun game.

XD. It was three days!
    72 hours. 4320 minutes. 259200 seconds. That's a damn long period of time if you ask me! The moon could have fallen on us in that time!

I'm still alive.
    ~This was a triumph...~

Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    I had to eat my spleen to survive. :(
    ... why your own spleen? You should have eaten someone else's spleen.

I managed to survive only because of my Ring of Sustenance. Fortunately, it kept me alive in the absence of water.
    Bah. Make Constitution Saves and use the Survival Skill, gosh darn it!

I had to flee to another city for supplies.

Spoiler
    Show
    And by that I mean go back to my my hometown to try to get my driver's licence. Failed, BTW. Also had my birthday party (birthday tomorrow).
    Hey, I failed my first time, too. Actually, I'm surprised I can drive now. Radio, Hand Held Devices, Drinks.... really, I shouldn't be in charge of anything more dangerous than a boiled egg.

Happy birthday in advance!
    I should do that... I'm always late to celebrating birthdays because I'm usually unconcious...

I knew you were a witch.

So any ideas on how to proceed in capturing this guy? We could attempt scrying him but that is more than likely blocked. Where do we think he is heading to now?
    What do you mean? We already kno-

If you want to pay for them, but we still have leads...

It doesn't at all surprise me from her, to be honest. But-

Without scouring the whole IC, that sounds about right.
    ... so I'm the only one that remembers?

I haven't scoured the IC either, but I do recall pointing north several times.
    .... apparently even over the Dm, too.

Well we could buy a map and look for possible spots of importance. If he is looking for a blade of EVILNESS. It will probably be located either in the middle of a major city in some crypts or in the hands of a nobel or in some dungeon in the countryside.

We could use arugy and divination to determine if he has entered any of those dungeon crawls or plans to.
    ... though that still doesn't explain why this town was even needed to be involved...

Gathering the info you have thus far:

Dagoc's lines:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, in terms of local crime, all we have around here are thieves. Except for this one case, about a month ago. There was, like, 3 murders in one day, and then poof, this murderer was gone as fast as he arrived. No one knows who did it, and not for a lack of trying. All we know is that none of the 3 victims never saw their killer. Might that be what you're looking for?

As to the man, no one saw him. Not even his victims, if Speak with Dead is anything to go by. One hit kills, all three of them.

Other gathered information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You find that the head sergeant of the guards is hiding among the crowd, trying to find someone, but the who was unclear.

You note a cleric trying and failing to sell some potions of some kind.

Some guy is trying to sneak off to his mistress.

A bard was running through, trying to reach an inn at the south end of town before his employer gets too angry.

A ranger comes along, tracking her two-timing husband.

It would seem the king of this land is dying, and there will soon be a crowning ceremony at the capital, Brunsshire, 20 miles to the north.

The king, Yeril, has ruled this land for 48 years after his father passed away. Yeril has been of declining health for quite some time now, but rumor has it that he will die in the next few weeks, whereupon his son, Imis, will take the throne.
    Thanks for the exposition, Dm. Random question: anyone seen Lyral? Been a while from hearing from Cultist... or maybe it's just me.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-09 at 05:01 PM.

15. - Top - End - #525

[Not quoting, but replying to INo's post.]

It has been a while since Cultist posted here, hasn't it?

16. - Top - End - #526
    Troll in the Playground

Ya I think he dropped out sometime ago without saying anything, which is odd because he was by himself wasn't he? Kel didn't actually go pick him up.

Also to inoknownames: He might simply of used this town as a staging point for more information as he needed the minions from the thieves guild. Or he was searching for Tarkimos.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

[Not quoting, but replying to INo's post.]

It has been a while since Cultist posted here, hasn't it?
    Ya I think he dropped out sometime ago without saying anything, which is odd because he was by himself wasn't he? Kel didn't actually go pick him up.
    Indeed... any chance one of you guys wants to go find him and see if he'll come back? Or is that another retgone?

Also to inoknownames: He might simply of used this town as a staging point for more information as he needed the minions from the thieves guild. Or he was searching for Tarkimos.
    Both are viable opinions, I suppose. But have either been mentioned in character, or could that be something to think about now?

18. - Top - End - #528
    Troll in the Playground

No, no one has posted IC for a bit now. I was trying to think of some good options of pursuing him before post IC.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

No, no one has posted IC for a bit now. I was trying to think of some good options of pursuing him before post IC.
    .... Didn't we have a ride already prepared for our entire group to head north if everyone was so inclined to continue investigating? The thieves guild side quest was to gather information while the rest of the party joined back together, if my memory serves me.

20. - Top - End - #530

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    .... Didn't we have a ride already prepared for our entire group to head north if everyone was so inclined to continue investigating? The thieves guild side quest was to gather information while the rest of the party joined back together, if my memory serves me.
    I do believe you are correct. Who was it with the carriages?

21. - Top - End - #531
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

I owned the carriages and horses - needed something to blow WBL on, if I recall correctly. I do not, however, have drivers on retainer, so we'd need to obtain their services, somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by dextercorvia View Post
    You sir are 30 gallons of awesome in a 10 gallon hat.

22. - Top - End - #532

I owned the carriages and horses - needed something to blow WBL on, if I recall correctly. I do not, however, have drivers on retainer, so we'd need to obtain their services, somehow.
    That can be arranged.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

Gah, hate the weekends. I miss everything....

Well, one question gets answered and spawns another one.

That can be arranged.
    So, the ooc plan (that still needs to be implimented in the ic) is to head north, to where it's rumored that the real issue that may or may not involve the king of the land? Anyone have anything else they'd like to do here before we go? Any other subplots that might occur before we have to jet?

Also, I know it'd be a slightly odd use of the skill, but could one do Ride Checks for the sake of driving carriages? Maybe someone who isn't bad with animals could drive us. Additionally, with one of us able to transform into whatever form he wants and thus not really needing a ride (or being able to turn into something that wouldn't take up much space in a carriage), we'd only need 1 carriage for... 4-5 people if one of us can drive.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-16 at 04:12 PM.

24. - Top - End - #534

Also, I know it'd be a slightly odd use of the skill, but could one do Ride Checks for the sake of driving carriages? Maybe someone who isn't bad with animals could drive us. Additionally, with one of us able to transform into whatever form he wants and thus not really needing a ride (or being able to turn into something that wouldn't take up much space in a carriage), we'd only need 1 carriage for... 4-5 people if one of us can drive.
    Well, I'd call it a Handle Animal check, but you get the idea. BTW, "vehicle can transport as many as four people within an enclosed cab, plus two drivers"

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

Algrith is -3 to handle animal... but, if you guys need a nap, he's willing to give it a try.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I'd call it a Handle Animal check, but you get the idea.
    Tarmikos is not an animal fan... in character, he probably wouldn't attempt the check.

BTW, "vehicle can transport as many as four people within an enclosed cab, plus two drivers"
    I call back seat!

Algrith is -3 to handle animal... but, if you guys need a nap, he's willing to give it a try.
    Kel is most likely the best bet for our driver, what with a +19 to Handle Animal...

Also, jesus christ it's been too long since something's happened here...

27. - Top - End - #537

Kel is most likely the best bet for our driver, what with a +19 to Handle Animal...

Also, jesus christ it's been too long since something's happened here...
    Alright then, that +19 should more than auto pass.

Also, you're right. Where is everybody?

28. - Top - End - #538
    Troll in the Playground

I'm still around.

Of course, you'd be able to deduce that simply by the presence of this post, meaning that its existence makes itself redundant.

29. - Top - End - #539

I'm still around.

Of course, you'd be able to deduce that simply by the presence of this post, meaning that its existence makes itself redundant.
    True, but if the post were to vanish, so too would that fact, making the post necessary once more.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

So.... anyone have any commentary at all, in or out of character? It feels so odd that I used to be scared of missing things in this game...