Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - OOC thread, the Second

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    Surprised by a reserve feat? Also, it is your move.
    No, he is just surprised that an elf is actually standing up to fight. In Lyral's experience, they usually run in fear or try to manipulate others.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show

Current Games:
    - Death's End (DM)
    - Reincarnation Wars (Alexander Idrian)

- Tales of Azhahad (Sylvia Inkweaver)

Many thanks to Ceika for the new avatar!

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Not terribly impressed by Lia earlier then?

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    Not terribly impressed by Lia earlier then?
    Well, she is a female, so there's that.

I did say he was barbaric, no?
    You divine bastard.
    Show

Current Games:
    - Death's End (DM)

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

This is an interesting group. Lots of varied personalities in character and out.

Sorry I hadn't posted recently. I don't know where the time went to... I'll post again no later than tonight, if not tomorrow morning (and by that, I mean litterally within 1-4 am).

Dad works tomorrow, so today is the only day for the family to be together, so we're going to go ahead and celebrate Mother's day.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

eek Re: Explorers of Acacia - OOC thread, the Second

LEEROOOOOOOOY JEEEN-KIIINS!!!

Sorry to double post, but I had to. It had to be said.

*edit*: I got off of work early today (it was slow, being a monday and all, so only 4-5 hours rather than 8+), and I tried to get some extra sleep. But I honestly can't. I'm -STILL- thinking about that post, tossing and turning, unable to rest. For ever fiber of me being, I wonder.... why? Why? WHY?

I'm honestly trying not to sound mean or anything. I'm just genuinly curious. Is this just how you intended to play Halaza: headstrong yet impulsive and reckless? Please tell me that you personally would never have even remotely entertained such a notion, and that it's just in character. Because that would make so much more sense and be so much easier to digest.

Both OOC and IC, I'm still... I really don't know what to say. Is she really that naive? Is it purposeful or roleplaying? Am I just thinking differently? It seems so -alien- to me... I've asked everyone I could talk to while at work and on my way home, and it doesn't seem like I'm thinking too differently or anything... I just honestly don't understand.... Why, Psymple? Why?
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-05-14 at 08:50 AM. Reason: I seriously can't sleep right now! I just don't understand!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    LEEROOOOOOOOY JEEEN-KIIINS!!!

I just honestly don't understand.... Why, Psymple? Why?
    Readied actions everyone!

Slight overreaction, perhaps. Its easier than blasting the door off its hinges Though I agree that a bit of warning might have been nice
    Former Avatars by
    Spoiler
    Show
    MethosH

My Characters:
    Flutter: Level 20 Tristalt

My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.

The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3

Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey qwerty, I rolled Lyral's spot and listen check in the Dice thread a while back. Just letting you know.
    You divine bastard.
    Show

Current Games:
    - Death's End (DM)

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post
    Readied actions everyone!

Slight overreaction, perhaps. Its easier than blasting the door off its hinges Though I agree that a bit of warning might have been nice
    I probably wouldn't have been so "OMG UPSET" about it if I hadn't physically lost sleep trying to figure it out.... mainly a coincidence, I suppose. If it happened later in the day, I'd still be "WHY YOU DO THAT?", but with far less emphasis on it.

I'm still honestly curious if that's how Psymple wants to play Halaza or just how he would have normally handled such a situation, though I'm hoping it to be the former. Who knocks on the door of the mafia?

Qwerty, 2 serious questions not related to my shock:

1) Did Tarmikos hear the knock from the inside with his claraudiance?

And 2) Will Digan be responding to Tarmikos' question to him?

"Digan, are you aware of the physical profiles of any ranking criminals in this city? I might be able to identify such a person." Tarmikos asks; half of his senses still focused magically on the room.
    I suppose a 3rd one might be in order: Is there anything nearby that could be used to handcuff the captive to? I'll roll a spot check if I have to to find anything.

All 3 of these are very important for the sake of my next post.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-05-15 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Don't be insulting, now. That's not nice.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

I probably wouldn't have been so "OMG UPSET" about it if I hadn't physically lost sleep trying to figure it out.... mainly a coincidence, I suppose. If it happened later in the day, I'd still be "WHY YOU DO THAT?", but with far less emphasis on it.

I'm still honestly curious if that's how Psymple wants to play Halaza or just how he would have normally handled such a situation, though I'm hoping it to be the former. Who knocks on the door of the mafia?
    This is Roleplay...

No one else is losing sleep over this, only you.
    Perhaps you should stop playing if you cant tell the difference between Roleplay and Real life.
    Last edited by Psymple; 2012-05-15 at 09:06 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Before we begin this conversation, I'd like to note that I'm not trying to be disrespectful. I'm merely... interested, for lack of a better word. If I have been rude so far, or if I get rude at all, I do not mean to, and I apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by Psymple View Post
    This is Roleplay...
    I'm aware of that. At least I'm pretty sure I'm aware of that..... I hope I'm aware of that, anyway... Crap. This isn't Inception, is it?

No one else is losing sleep over this, only you.
    I understand that. Like I said, if it happened later in the day... and if the day hadn't been so boring, I wouldn't have had so long to wonder about it, and have it get so far under my skin.

Perhaps you should stop playing if you cant tell the difference between Roleplay and Real life.
    I'm pretty sure I can tell the difference between Roleplay and Real Life.

I just don't see why someone would do such a thing in either scenario. Pretty good way to get yourself and everyone with you hurt or killed both in real life or roleplaying.

If you would be willing to answer, just to settle my nagging curiosity. That was simply what you wanted to do in character? Or is knocking on the door really something you would have done in real life?

I just never considered that even as an option. That's probably why it rattled me. In real life at least, knocking on the door is usually only when you have a warrent for someone's arrest; when you think there is a chance for peaceful negotiations. Most of the time, like in a military operation, or in a police raid (which I was under the assumption that we may as well be on, considering our assisting of the town's police against it's underworld element), you bust the door down, weapons drawn. One quick warning, then you take them down hard if they resist. And that's rather generous. If we had more supplies, I'd be surprised we haven't considered doing this Black Ops style, Masks, Tear Gas, Flash Grenades, the whole nine-yards...

11. - Top - End - #161

Before we begin this conversation, I'd like to note that I'm not trying to be disrespectful. I'm merely... interested, for lack of a better word. If I have been rude so far, or if I get rude at all, I do not mean to, and I apologise.
    If we had more supplies, I'd be surprised we haven't considered doing this Black Ops style, Masks, Tear Gas, Flash Grenades, the whole nine-yards...
    Stinking Could is rather like tear gas
    Former Avatars by
    Spoiler
    Show
    MethosH

My Characters:
    Flutter: Level 20 Tristalt

My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.

The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3

Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

I just never considered that even as an option. That's probably why it rattled me. In real life at least, knocking on the door is usually only when you have a warrent for someone's arrest; when you think there is a chance for peaceful negotiations. Most of the time, like in a military operation, or in a police raid (which I was under the assumption that we may as well be on, considering our assisting of the town's police against it's underworld element), you bust the door down, weapons drawn. One quick warning, then you take them down hard if they resist. And that's rather generous. If we had more supplies, I'd be surprised we haven't considered doing this Black Ops style, Masks, Tear Gas, Flash Grenades, the whole nine-yards...
    Halaza never agreed for the Police idiot to come along...
    Also, why would we go in guns blazing and possibly hurt innocents?
    Hell this could even be the totally wrong place...

Please stop with your incessent over analysing of everyone elses decisions.
    Its frankly annoying.

Halaza is acting as her charicter would act.
    End of.

I would have been more than happy to explain myself to you, if this had been the first time you had asked.
    However I have already raised my issue that I dislike repeating myself over and over again.
    And this is about the 9th time you have asked why my charicter has acted the way she has.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Psymple; 2012-05-15 at 09:52 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Halaza never agreed for the Police idiot to come along...
    +1 Point.

Also, why would we go in guns blazing and possibly hurt innocents?
    While such tactics are indeed risky, it's certainly far worse to alert those that would hurt innocents to the presence of others trying to get to them, giving those bad guys a chance to prepare defenses, spring traps on us, escape, kill any innocents they have with them...

It's hard to be a good guy some times.

Hell this could even be the totally wrong place...
    ... you trust the imposter you just caught to lead you to this location, and yet you think it might be the wrong place? At the very least, recieving verification via spell that there are more people inside with the stolen uniforms should be a bit more confirming...

Please stop with your incessent over analysing of everyone elses decisions.
    I'd be willing to drop it if it wasn't also an issue IC. The only reason Tarmikos hasn't said anything yet is because I'm waiting on qwerty to answer my 3 questions when he gets back.

Its frankly annoying.
    I'm sorry that you feel that way. I'm sorry that I've had that affect on you. I've tried to be better about it. There've been plenty I haven't tried to bring up, and, as I offered the last time we remotely talked about Tarmikos & Halaza, I'll drop this OOC if you so desire. I don't mean to put any issue between you and I, Psymple.

However, I can't lie and say that, character wise, this won't come up at all. The biggest reason this is such a deal with me is especially because it's a big deal in character. The rammifications for this act could be -SO- incredibly severe... and Tarmikos has paid in blood, loss, and tears for the mistakes he's made, and allowed made, in the past. When push comes to shove, he's not the type to accept purposeful mistakes in judgement.

Noticing the criminal inefficience that could lead to such loss again, and not having any opinion on it, would be, for him, about on the level of a Lawful Good Paladin watching the Token Evil Party member intimidate and rob someone for no reason, and not say anything about it. If I were to estimate, anyway. It goes against every fiber of his being.

Halaza is acting as her charicter would act.
    End of.
    Thank you for answering that. That's honestly all I was looking for OOC.

I would have been more than happy to explain myself to you, if this had been the first time you had asked.
    I was under the assumption that this was the first time I asked about her performing this act. Mainly because it only happened once.

However I have already raised my issue that I dislike repeating myself over and over again.
    I hadn't realised you were repeating yourself about anything.

And this is about the 9th time you have asked why my charicter has acted the way she has.
    Pretty sure while I may have mentioned it multiple times in one breath, it's only been maybe 2 posts since before your first response, and asking one more time after that when not answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post
    Stinking Could is rather like tear gas
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-05-15 at 10:25 AM. Reason: I forget just how insulting that line from me is. Can't have that.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote:
    Originally Posted by razorback
    Algrith reaches out and grabs the manacles.

Do you want me to bind him to a building?

No time for that now, Imaran responds, already weaving his hands in a complicated code. Prove yourself worthy to continue living. He says to the false guard.

I suppose a 3rd one might be in order: Is there anything nearby that could be used to handcuff the captive to? I'll roll a spot check if I have to to find anything.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post

We may or may not have time, if the enemies being seen are defintely aware or not of the knock. I was wondering if I could hear it or not with the claraudiance. It's funny to hear an echo of someone when you're on the phone with them and a few feet from them.

I may or may not just knock the captive out if the enemies have heard it, though entertaining the idea of binding him to a pipe on the wall or if we've got another moment or two sounds a bit less... amoral.

Definitely wanted to know if Digan knew any notable criminals that may be present.

I'll hope qwerty posts at least after I get back from some business.... though he posts more than most of my Dms do, so I shouldn't complain.

16. - Top - End - #166

Qwerty, 2 serious questions not related to my shock:

1) Did Tarmikos hear the knock from the inside with his claraudiance?

And 2) Will Digan be responding to Tarmikos' question to him?

All 3 of these are very important for the sake of my next post.
    That would be 3 counts of no.

1: You didn't hear the knock. You can't tell if they're not here, or just too far from the door.
    2: He's in shock over you even finding this place. Give him some time to get over you guys pulling off in two days what he's been trying to do for the past five years.
    3: It's a bare alleyway, with nothing sticking out or up.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-05-15 at 05:45 PM.
    I am on vacation until the 27th, and after that I start my new job. Expect posting to be sporadic until I get settled into the new routine.

"The only difference between homebrew and third-party content is a price tag." -Me, just now.

Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.

My Homebrew-[Nexus] Bailey

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: Explorers of Acacia - OOC thread, the Second

That would be 3 counts of no.

1: You didn't hear the knock. You can't tell if they're not here, or just too far from the door.
    2: He's in shock over you even finding this place. Give him some time to get over you guys pulling off in two days what he's been trying to do for the past five years.
    3: It's a bare alleyway, with nothing sticking out or up.
    I see. Thanks. I am away from my computer at the moment, but I should have a post in an hour or so...

Welp, that took longer than I expected, but I just earned 300 dollars.

And posted. Gosh darn it, I so wanted to Mountain Hammer that door! But I lack the physical strength to ensure that I break it in one move.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-05-15 at 09:15 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

*notices qwerty's reply to other players*

Uhm... hello? Anyone still out there?
    You divine bastard.
    Show

Current Games:
    - Death's End (DM)

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Oh shoot! I didn't notice Lia's response to Kel. I will post now IC my apologies
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

20. - Top - End - #170

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    *notices qwerty's reply to other players*

Uhm... hello? Anyone still out there?
    And my spot check proves lower than even I thought. On it.
    I am on vacation until the 27th, and after that I start my new job. Expect posting to be sporadic until I get settled into the new routine.

"The only difference between homebrew and third-party content is a price tag." -Me, just now.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

INoKnowNames:

No rolls, but I do need to know exactly how you are trying to get the secret door open.
    Merely through use of his hands. Nothing more. The man I followed didn't appear to do anything special when he went through the passage the first time... although then again, it could have already been open for him, since it did shut behind him.

.... I should have brought a 10 ft pole. Good god if I've got to roll a save...

Quote Originally Posted by Psymple
    *post*
    Psymple, 2 things, if you may please be so kind.

First of all, there is actually a chance that the door may already sorta be open, depending on how qwerty rules Tarmikos trying to open the passage manually goes, so the acid move might not actually be needed. If you would be so kind as to edit your response, and wait and see what he says, I would truly appreciate it. If he rules that I failed to open it, then please forgive me for even asking for this formality, and feel free to continue with the acid (although hopefully I'm not in range of being hit by acid! )

And second of all, I would appreciate it if you checked your private messages, please.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-05-16 at 11:23 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172

Merely through use of his hands. Nothing more. The man I followed didn't appear to do anything special when he went through the passage the first time... although then again, it could have already been open for him, since it did shut behind him.
    I meant were you pushing, pulling, sliding or something else. There is a certain action needed to open it.

Also, Psymple, when you respond to INo's PM's, CC me your message.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

I meant were you pushing, pulling, sliding or something else. There is a certain action needed to open it.
    Oh wow. How did this little bugger escape my notice?

He'd probably, lightly as possible at first but trying harder as needed, pull at the door. Though you'd think it would be noticable if sliding also worked. Like, if you pulled hard enough, that the shifting in the door would alert you that it needs to be pulled in a specific dirrection....

But that's just me wanting to open the door.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-05-17 at 07:58 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174

Oh wow. How did this little bugger escape my notice?

He'd probably, lightly as possible at first but trying harder as needed, pull at the door. Though you'd think it would be noticable if sliding also worked. Like, if you pulled hard enough, that the shifting in the door would alert you that it needs to be pulled in a specific dirrection....

But that's just me wanting to open the door.
    Ah. Now I can go post. Also, I list 3 ideas, and you make 2 guesses, for a total miss.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah. Now I can go post. Also, I list 3 ideas, and you make 2 guesses, for a total miss.
    Oh dear. It seems I have made a failure.

At least I don't need to make a saving throw yet, right?

...... right?

26. - Top - End - #176

Oh dear. It seems I have made a failure.

At least I don't need to make a saving throw yet, right?

...... right?
    Right. You haven't set anything off.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Right. You haven't set anything off.
    Yay! No hidden Spheres of Ultimate Destruction!

... unless the trap just hasn't been triggered yet, and they're still there...

Hey Team! Your turn!

Seriously though, now Halaza's action applies, or would Psymple like another go at it, or someone else wants to try opening the door?

Now I'm conflicted by the desire to try to shatter the door in one blow with my Mountain Hammer...
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-05-17 at 08:27 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Yay! No hidden Spheres of Ultimate Destruction!
    This isn't the Tomb of Horrors.

Hopefully.
    You divine bastard.
    Show

Current Games:
    - Death's End (DM)

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Hopefully.
    You never really know until it's too late.

30. - Top - End - #180

Hopefully.
    Not unless you want it to be...
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-05-17 at 09:16 AM.