Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - OOC thread, the Second

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    Not unless you want it to be...
    Nah. Being a bit paranoid about the mafia's hide out is one thing, but I'm so not ready for the Tomb.....
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-05-17 at 01:11 PM. Reason: That spelling error was eating at my soul.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I've never actually played it...

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Well, I've never actually played it...
    To be honest, I haven't either. But from what I've heard of it, it's like IWBTG, but with dice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, anyone from our team gonna try the door next? I'll give it another go if no one else wants to.

But not until later tonight, unless everyone agreed now.

I'm going to a party later!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

ATTENTION, PSYMPLE! Check your PM's!
    If one of my table's is borked, PM me.

"The only difference between homebrew and third-party content is a price tag." -Me, just now.

Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.

My Homebrew-[Nexus] Bailey

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Seriously?

Can you please resolve the door please.
    Currently I have been told to wait because INKN has done an action.. but hasnt explained what that action is...

Yet INKN is asking someone else to try the door...

So presumably either INKN needs to explain what he was trying to do more clearly so Qwerty can act on it, or we go ahead with someone else attempting to open the door.

ATTENTION, PSYMPLE! Check your PM's!
    Also... No need for this.

If he wished to discuss the game he can do so in here.
    I asked him not to continually over analyse my every post.
    And he replied with a ridiculusly long post...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    +1 Point.

While such tactics are indeed risky, it's certainly far worse to alert those that would hurt innocents to the presence of others trying to get to them, giving those bad guys a chance to prepare defenses, spring traps on us, escape, kill any innocents they have with them...

It's hard to be a good guy some times.

... you trust the imposter you just caught to lead you to this location, and yet you think it might be the wrong place? At the very least, recieving verification via spell that there are more people inside with the stolen uniforms should be a bit more confirming...

I'd be willing to drop it if it wasn't also an issue IC. The only reason Tarmikos hasn't said anything yet is because I'm waiting on qwerty to answer my 3 questions when he gets back.

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I'm sorry that I've had that affect on you. I've tried to be better about it. There've been plenty I haven't tried to bring up, and, as I offered the last time we remotely talked about Tarmikos & Halaza, I'll drop this OOC if you so desire. I don't mean to put any issue between you and I, Psymple.

However, I can't lie and say that, character wise, this won't come up at all. The biggest reason this is such a deal with me is especially because it's a big deal in character. The rammifications for this act could be -SO- incredibly severe... and Tarmikos has paid in blood, loss, and tears for the mistakes he's made, and allowed made, in the past. When push comes to shove, he's not the type to accept purposeful mistakes in judgement.

Noticing the criminal inefficience that could lead to such loss again, and not having any opinion on it, would be, for him, about on the level of a Lawful Good Paladin watching the Token Evil Party member intimidate and rob someone for no reason, and not say anything about it. If I were to estimate, anyway. It goes against every fiber of his being.

Thank you for answering that. That's honestly all I was looking for OOC.

I was under the assumption that this was the first time I asked about her performing this act. Mainly because it only happened once.

I hadn't realised you were repeating yourself about anything.

Pretty sure while I may have mentioned it multiple times in one breath, it's only been maybe 2 posts since before your first response, and asking one more time after that when not answered.

I am here to have fun, and as I have already said quite bluntly.
    You are hindering that.

I shall spell it out:
    1) I do not want you to reply to my every post, quoting my every point and asking ten more per point.
    2) I do not want you to quote my charicters every action with a post complaining about how it kept you up all night.
    3) When I ask you to stop doing this, I do not want a post replying to it... That is an entire page long doing all of the above.
    4) Having asked you to stop doing these things, when I do not reply to them. Do not spam my inbox with PMs asking to talk.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Psymple; 2012-05-18 at 04:19 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psymple View Post
    Seriously?

Can you please resolve the door please.
    Currently I have been told to wait because INKN has done an action.. but hasnt explained what that action is...

Yet INKN is asking someone else to try the door...

So presumably either INKN needs to explain what he was trying to do more clearly so Qwerty can act on it, or we go ahead with someone else attempting to open the door.
    Well, it would seem that in your haste, you failed to notice that he clarified, and his attempt to open the door has been resolved as a failure, and it is therefore someone else's move.

Also, We're all here to have fun, and from my point of view, you are hindering that. Out of you and INo, you are the one who is annoying me.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-05-18 at 07:30 PM.

"The only difference between homebrew and third-party content is a price tag." -Me, just now.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

I suppose there isn't much I can say on this matter, really. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have an opinion, though, but I'll spoiler it here. Choose to give it value if you wish.

Spoiler
    Show
    As you've requested, I'll try to make this brief. As you would know from my track record, however, this isn't very easy for me. Like I wanted to say in my 4 messages to you, and tried to say here (whether or not I'm successful or not is your choice), I'm not trying to be offensive, no matter how sharp my words might be.

A) I wanted to speak to you in private messages because I assumed this situation could easily been resolved then, and we'd have moved on a while ago. How hard would have been to have at least said "What do you want.", rather than ignore me for three days now? It would have been nice if you could have at least read one of them and said "Anything you have to say, you can say in thread.", as you mention now, so we could have been through this a while ago. At least I'd have known I was wasting my time, and you wouldn't have had to be bothered by them.

B) I suppose I've got a problem with analyzing posts. I've been waiting to see how long you'd have been ignoring things, but there were actually some issues in outright continuity with your last post. I guess now is not the best time, but that time probably won't come soon, now will it?

Spoiler
    Show
    1) Tarmikos never said, or even suggested, killing everyone inside. Those were -my- words, not his (and even that's stretching what I said by a bit). All he has said is to be prepared for a fight, which is not an unreasonable choice, even if Diplomacy is an important objective. And while I can certainly understand mixing up the two in commentary in the OOC, they are strictly separate in character, and as such, our actions in character shouldn't have any bearing on what is said outside of it. It's incredibly unprofessional.

2) Please keep OOC issues away from IC without a valid reason for it. The fluff description for Halaza's thoughts about Tarmikos seem stemmed with your issues with me, whether or not you're willing to admit it or not. It's not good for players to have issues with each other, but it's completely unacceptable to drag animosity in game, Psymple.

3) Feel free to correct me, but didn't Tarmikos leave on his own to follow his contact? Didn't Digan join Halaza? Blaming Tarmikos for Digan's presence seems a bit unfair, then, wouldn't you think? Logically?

C) I've been trying to apologize to you, Psymple. All I've wanted to do was put this matter behind us. Even if it conflicted so radically with my own views, I know I over reacted far more than I needed to at that one post. I know I shouldn't have, I understand you being offended by it, and I'm genuinely and truly sorry. I didn't mean to be offensive, and I know I was despite it, and I'm sorry. I've wanted to say that this entire time, if you'd have just given me a chance. That's the biggest thing I've wanted: to put this matter behind us, and to earn your forgiveness. I'm grateful you actually answered the question I asked when I did. And I understand that my habits are quite grating. I've been trying my hardest to cut back on my responses. Even now, actually, assuming you can appreciate the effort. One of the things I wanted to ask was how to reach a compromise with you in how and what is said, so that both of us can still have fun. If you're willing to make concessions, I've always been ready.

I believe that covers everything, summarized as best as I can. Most of my time since has been trying to condense my thoughts as best as I can, and to stay as respectful as possible.

It's funny... when we first met in recruitment, it seemed like we'd get along rather well. Yet at this point, you don't seem capable of standing me.

Whether or not the above is read carries little impact on my future actions. I'm more than ready to move on, no matter what goes on from here.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Bugbear in the Playground

Guys. In regards to everything above. I see your point Psymple. Its somewhat annoying to have to reread every comment twice. I see your point Ino, you are frustrated by the lack of communication.

But both of you.

Its not worth the game.

This is the longest running game i've ever played here on the forums, and i'd hate for it to collapse now.

So lets forget this and please keep playing? ?
    Former Avatars by
    Spoiler
    Show
    MethosH

My Characters:
    Flutter: Level 20 Tristalt

My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.

The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3

Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

I agree with Demidos for the most part. I don't think this is a big enough issue to warrant this level of debate between players.

On an unrelated note RCGothic Kel is still waiting on Lia's response
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    I agree with Demidos for the most part. I don't think this is a big enough issue to warrant this level of debate between players.
    I am in agreement with Silva and Demidos. This is proving to be a fun game, I would hate to see it spoiled by silliness.

INo, you have got to chill. If your responses are more than 200 words on average, you are trying much too hard. Way back when we were debating, I was able to bait you so easily simply because you are far too prone to rambling.

Psymple, I understand where you are coming from. However, giving a list of bolded demands never achieved anything past further antagonistic confrontation. If we can all be level-headed OOC, then we can continue to have a fun game.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show

Current Games:
    - Death's End (DM)
    - Reincarnation Wars (Alexander Idrian)
    - As the Worm Turns (Lich / Quake)
    - War Stories (Galad ir'Tanal)

Big thanks to Ceika for the Oberon avatar!

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh. I wonder how many people are gonna weigh in on this.

I honestly never thought it worth being dragged out here, or weighing down the game. I've listed all of my thoughts in my previous OOC post, and, as put outside of those thoughts, I'm more than ready to simply move on, no matter what happens.

To wit: if no one tries to open that door again before tonight ends, I'm gonna give it another go... hopefully without triggering anything....

****. I made myself nervous about traps, and I bet he wouldn't have considered them without my bringing them up in the first place. I'm my own worst enemy!

Yay! This post actually made it this time! I tried to enter this in 5 minutes ago, only for it to conflict with a post I made 30 seconds ago... weird.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-05-20 at 03:55 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

As I have said I never said I wished to stop playing this game.
    And neither do I dislike INKN or blame him for his enthusiasm.
    I merely cannot keep up with the constant question in the OOC.
    And have asked on several occasions to not be asked so many questions.

As I said above, I used bold because my last attempt to ask nicely for less walls of text was answered with a wall of text. Which was slightly frustrating.

I do not think it was unreasonable to attempt to get my point across in such a manner.

Anyway, as to the game Halaza probably would have gone along with her attempt at vomiting acid on the lock after Tarmikos' attempt to open it by conventional means.

If that is ok? :)

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

I had a feeling I should have waited just a bit longer before acting.

I suppose it could be locked from the inside... other than that, I honestly don't think it has a lock myself, if only because it seems to be described as one of those hidden passage ways. Otherwise, go right on ahead, although please be careful not to melt me. I don't want to be melted. It hurts. ;.;

Why did that take me 19 minutes to type out? I should have been done with that in about a minute.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-05-21 at 05:59 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psymple View Post
    Anyway, as to the game Halaza probably would have gone along with her attempt at vomiting acid on the lock after Tarmikos' attempt to open it by conventional means.

If that is ok? :)
    The only issue with that is "You can barely see the door, which is a smooth surface flush with the surrounding wall." There is no visible lock or handle.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Besides blasting/knocking down the door , I don't have anything that would help...

16. - Top - End - #196

I could summon something to bash it down...but I dont think thats what youre looking for here
    Former Avatars by
    Spoiler
    Show
    MethosH

My Characters:

My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.

The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post
    I could summon something to bash it down...but I dont think thats what youre looking for here
    That's one way to solve what I thought was a very easy puzzle. You aren't even to the hard part yet. I have a much better puzzle deeper in, but it seems the door is a total lockout. Minor hint: it opens in.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-05-23 at 06:53 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

The only issue with that is "You can barely see the door, which is a smooth surface flush with the surrounding wall." There is no visible lock or handle.
    I could have said this yesterday, but since I'm responding to multiple things, I'll say it today: Called it.

Besides blasting/knocking down the door , I don't have anything that would help...
    My first instinct was "Mountain Hammer". 2d6+1d8+2 Damage, completely ignoring Hardness and Damage Reduction. The door would be droped in 1-2 hits, minimum.

Seriously, the "delaying only for a moment" line was to be followed by "before swinging his sword as hard as possible at the secret panel, tracing a line through the air as the steel impacted the door.".

But, knowing my luck, I'd roll minimum, make a lot of noise, and get us all in trouble. ;.;

That's one way to solve what I thought was a very easy puzzle.
    Just like the rat thing, huh.

How many adventurers does it take to open a door?

To be completely fair, the guards apparently haven't been able to find this place for 5 Years, so we're doing better than them by at least being aware of its existance....

You aren't even to the hard part yet.

I have a much better puzzle deeper in, but it seems the door is a total lockout.
    Oww....

Minor hint: it opens in.
    Figures. Every time I try to open something and I pull, I should have pushed, and every time I should have pushed, I pulled.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-05-23 at 08:12 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

How many adventurers does it take to open a door?
    Eleventeen.

I say we go back to the ship and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure that we get the door open.

Sorry, need to get some sleep before my last finals tomorrow.

20. - Top - End - #200

Eleventeen.

I say we go back to the ship and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure that we get the door open.

Wait, but what if we destroy the planet and the door survives?

ditto.
    Former Avatars by
    Spoiler
    Show
    MethosH

My Characters:

My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class

Completed Classes

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Eleventeen.
    .... I can't look at that without thinking about the KND.

Or, you know... ramming speed.

Wait, but what if we destroy the planet and the door survives?
    Since when is this door Batman?

Gah. I wish Psymple could post soon. I'm so jealous of all that action Cultist is getting.

ditto.
    Eww... Final Exams. Good luck.

I think I will take another turn if someone from our side doesn't post by tomorrow. I'm getting tired of this door. Stupid door.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

.... I can't look at that without thinking about the KND.
    ??? KND?

I think I will take another turn if someone from our side doesn't post by tomorrow. I'm getting tired of this door. Stupid door.
    Ok, I'll try with my meager +5 on search but, I'm guessing, if you couldn't find it and I don't get a natural 20, we are going to have to nuke it.

Of course, we could just try pushing a bit...

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

??? KND?
    I will assume he means "Kids Next Door" it was an old cartoon show.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

That might be a good idea...

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

??? KND?
    I will assume he means "Kids Next Door" it was an old cartoon show.
    Not quite a relic, but still old enough to be part of the old school. And their ain't no school like the old school.

Ok, I'll try with my meager +5 on search but, I'm guessing, if you couldn't find it and I don't get a natural 20, we are going to have to nuke it.
    I don't think we actually need to search for it. We most likely just need to apply some type of kinetic energy to it, most likely through use of our apendages.

Ah. I see you have already grasped the core principle of my theory.

That might be a good idea...
    I think he might be trying to tell us something...

*edit* Cultist, you know you don't actually have to roll a Use Rope check to tie someone up until they attempt to roll an Escape Artist check, right?
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-05-25 at 10:58 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Cultist, you can take 20 on that. He's out, so there is no resistance.

I don't think we actually need to search for it. We most likely just need to apply some type of kinetic energy to it, most likely through use of our apendages.

Ah. I see you have already grasped the core principle of my theory.
    When did start playing here?
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-05-26 at 07:27 AM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Wait, where is Zerhka anyway? I haven't seen a post for her in a while now.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

When did start playing here?
    About the same time I had to start forcing myself to keep the number of words in my responses from reaching the tripple digits.

Wait, where is Zerhka anyway? I haven't seen a post for her in a while now.
    She was waiting for qwerty to respond to her last in game post for a while... at the same time, her last post was 12 days ago. I am under the assumption from my last conversation with her that she's just had to devote a bit more time to her job.

But all of this is purely conjecture on my part, and has no backing beyond the deranged thoughts of a madman.

Edit: Today was a long day...

I say we get exp for finally getting the door open, Qwerty!
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-05-26 at 09:33 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

I say we get exp for finally getting the door open, Qwerty!
    I'd agree with you, but the CR is too low to give you anything. Sorry. Don't fret, some XP awaits you within.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd agree with you, but the CR is too low to give you anything. Sorry. Don't fret, some XP awaits you within.
    Speaking of XP...

Are we going to level up any time soon? I know some DMs pace their PbP games differently in terms of giving levels. It isn't uncommon for a DM to give out levels to his players every month of game-play, while others make their players wait for almost a year.

Are we going to level up together, or separately, based on the amount of use our skills have been put to?
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-05-27 at 08:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show

Current Games:
    - Death's End (DM)
    - Reincarnation Wars (Alexander Idrian)
    - As the Worm Turns (Lich / Quake)
    - War Stories (Galad ir'Tanal)

Big thanks to Ceika for the Oberon avatar!

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."