Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Raio camp.

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default The Raio camp.

Note to players
    Spoiler
    Show
    There will not be an ooc for this camp, do all rolling here. I'm not doing an ooc because we usually abandon it anyway. if you want to say something ooc just put "O.O.C." before it.

The Big 16

Spoiler
    Show
    • 1. What game system are you running?
    D&D 3.5

• 2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    Core rules. As for the setting, the world is called Oren, the world has various landscapes and possibilities, nothing is in disparity, like usual D&D settings.

• 3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    2 pcs

• 4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    OOTS forums, right here.

• 5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    1st or equivalent

• 6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    nothing, all you have are the rags on your back.

• 7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    Only the three generic classes per the Unearthed Arcana with no multiclassing penalty yet all prestige classes are still available, just let me know if you need some special class ability to qualify. No homebrewed. All can come from a book with Dungeons and Dragons on the cover. Or must give me the rules on it on some freely accessible site.

• 8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    Any race that has a language or speaks a language, for anything nuts, talk to me we may be able to work something out.

• 9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    I prefer organic roles (organic as you role them out best 3 out of 4 seven times on the site in this thread) but if some prefer they can do 24 point buy as laid out in the Dungeon Master guide pg 169. For hp, your first level is max, all other you need to roll out here or in another die rolling thread you can link. But I also trust you guys, so if you want to have some dice next to the keyboard and roll at home thats cool too.

• 10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    You can be of any of the nine alignments

• 11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    you can multi class if you want to, no penalty.

• 12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    Using the forum die roller is best if it’s something you do, “I search the room for gold. Search: 1d20” If there would be no reason for you to know about it, I’ll roll, I will never roll for you, if your character needs to roll something I will ask you to do it, do not always expect an explanation

• 13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? This is a very bare bones game. All the rules are in place except having to do with multi classing.

• 14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    You do not have a character background. From the start of the camp your past history is irrelevant. You can say you came from some other country on the otherside of the world and have whatever background there. But nothing will have an effect on the current game, if you were rich you some how lost it all, if you were a king or something that kingdom was destroyed then some wizard cast a spell to make all who ever heard of it to forget its existence... get the picture?

• 15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    This game is totally character driven, I encourage you to make choices instead of being guided to the next event. Adventure in roleplaying, puzzle solving, socializing are all out there. Just go our there and get it.

• 16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    D&D 3.5 core and supplements only, plus the expanded psionics supplement that I have allowed (Hyperconscious: Explorations in Psionics)

The World

Spoiler
    Show
    The country is called, Disain, ruled by the queen Aryan. There are ten major cities. Fortress, the nations capitol, where the queen's seat of power lies and headquarters of the nations army. By far the richest city in the land. Bayland, the city on the shore, is a trading and shipping town with a seedy underbelly. Northhope, in the far north, where the mages guild has their college and headquarters. Duran, a mining city that is home to the fighters guild headquarters. Meno, a city to the far east that sits among many ancient elven ruins. NewHome, the armor and weapons capitol of the country, if need good equipment go to Newhome. The Elves have their wooded home in Summerseve, the dwarves are high in the southern mountain in Stonedeep, The Gnomes are in the southeast at Tuffle, and the orcs have settled at Bloodcross. All the cities are heavily populated with the associated race, but all others races are welcome, as to law laid down by the queen herself for all cities within her domain

Characters

NOW

You are in a 20x20x10 dungeon beneath the queen's Castle in Fortress. The only entrance is a gate that is lowered shut by a pulley system with one inch square holes spacing the wrought iron. There is one other individual with you in the chamber, a chamber pot, two piles of hay, two wooden plates from your last meal and the clothes on your back(if you choose to have them). Go.
    Last edited by Dakuwan; 2012-03-17 at 07:53 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: The Raio camp.

Map of Disain

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Dakuwan; 2012-03-06 at 07:50 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3

NinjaGuy

OOC:

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to go with a Centaur. There is a level by level breakdown in savage species I will be following starting on page 161. I'll use the DMG stats if they're better than the ones I rolled.

Highlights -
    Has hooves
    Proficient with Mighty Composite Longbows and the Heavy Lance
    40 Feet Movement
    Medium Sized(until lv. 6)
    Darkvision
    Starting Ability Score Adjustments: +2 Dex, –2 Int.
    Gains Str. Con. and Wis. by advancing in Centaur through level 6

Question: Can I attack with Hooves and a weapon all in the same attack? Would multi-attack or other feats make this possible?

~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

4. - Top - End - #4

NinjaGuy

Kuzzault nibbles on some of the hay.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

5. - Top - End - #5

NinjaGuy

Ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Really looking forward to starting this campaign. The concept is pretty cool, and I love sandbox style.

That said, LET'S DO THIS!

How did I get to where I am? I introduce myself to the person if we've not done so already.

I will investigate the pulleyed door, and test the portal to see if I may be able to lift it. (just checking to see if it would be possible, not executing yet)
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

6. - Top - End - #6

OOC

Spoiler
    Show
    waiting to see if Stark will reply, if not may scrap this camp unless you really want to do it.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Sorry, I was sitting on my hands because I thought we were waiting on NeverSleep to answer about the space/Star Wars possibility. I never subscribed to this thread so I didn't notice new posts.

A Raptoran Warrior is ready to go (RP-wise).
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Should I re-roll?
    If not, find Parker through the link.
    Last edited by StarkRavingSage; 2012-03-14 at 10:31 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

NinjaGuy

Kuzzault is here:

Spoiler
    Show
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=380934

Obviously not really started out numbers-wise yet, but will work on it tonight. We should be able to get rolling no?

Kuzzault is a lesser Centaur. Centaurs who've achieved greatness pride themselves on their sturdy and hefty build(are large sized). Kuzzault, obviously hasn't achieved this at all(he is medium sized). The first thing you'd notice about Kuzzault(as a human observer) is his unusual horse/human body, then a very sad set of deep brown eyes.

He is "naked" in that his male torso is not clothed, and his horse bottom - as is tradition - remains uncovered as well. Only those who have proven themselves in the community earn the right to wear battle armaments. Kuzzault has earned no such honor to this day.

"Greetings" - He says to his cell-mate, what winged creature is this? - He thinks. Many Centaur proudly remain hidden from common populace and resent sharing the company of other 'lesser' creations. The Centaur are often thought of as 'mythical' and 'awesome'(in the traditional sense, causing wonderment and awe). This has lead the society to independence and self-import when among the common races.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

9. - Top - End - #9

ooc

Spoiler
    Show
    @ Never, your centaur will be able to do one attack with a weapon and then attack with the two hooves at the end of his centaur progression. The hand/weapon attacks will progress with character levels.
    @Stark, we can still talk about a space camp. But if we want to go ahead with this one, after a little character interaction the first event will begin.

10. - Top - End - #10

NinjaGuy

I should be able to use them both right away I think(in a full attack action), at -5 unless I take multi-attack.

From the monster manual glossery:

Spoiler
    Show
    Manufactured Weapons: Some monsters employ manufactured weapons when they attack. Creatures that use swords, bows, spears, and the like follow the same rules as characters, including those for additional attacks from a high base attack bonus and two-weapon fighting penalties. This category also includes “found items,” such as rocks and logs, that a creature wields in combat— in essence, any weapon that is not intrinsic to the creature. Some creatures combine attacks with natural and manufactured weapons when they make a full attack. When they do so, the manufactured weapon attack is considered the primary attackunlessthe creature’s description indicates otherwise and any natural weapons the creature also uses are considered secondary natural attacks. These secondaryattacks do not interfere with the primary attack as attacking with an off-hand weapon does, but they take the usual –5 penalty (or –2 with the Multiattack feat) for such attacks, even if the natural weapon used is normally the creature’s primary natural weapon.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

11. - Top - End - #11

NinjaGuy

I should be able to use them both right away I think(in a full attack action), at -5 unless I take multi-attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Manufactured Weapons: Some monsters employ manufactured weapons when they attack. Creatures that use swords, bows, spears, and the like follow the same rules as characters, including those for additional attacks from a high base attack bonus and two-weapon fighting penalties. This category also includes “found items,” such as rocks and logs, that a creature wields in combat— in essence, any weapon that is not intrinsic to the creature. Some creatures combine attacks with natural and manufactured weapons when they make a full attack. When they do so, the manufactured weapon attack is considered the primary attackunlessthe creature’s description indicates otherwise and any natural weapons the creature also uses are considered secondary natural attacks. These secondaryattacks do not interfere with the primary attack as attacking with an off-hand weapon does, but they take the usual –5 penalty (or –2 with the Multiattack feat) for such attacks, even if the natural weapon used is normally the creature’s primary natural weapon.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

12. - Top - End - #12

NinjaGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

13. - Top - End - #13

OOC

Spoiler
    Show
    thats fine with me, 2 hooves and a punch on a full attack

14. - Top - End - #14

RedWizardGuy

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    May I take the Raptoran Fighter Racial Subsitution level? (RotW p162)
    Essentially I trade heavy armor proficiency for the ability to glide, and, at 5 HD, fly while carrying a medium load. All else is the same as Fighter, or in Parker's case, Warrior.

Parker

Parker is a feathered and winged humanoid with talons at the ends of his arms and legs. He wears simple clothes, thin leathers, close-fitted.
    Parker responds, "Greetings, be you friend?"
    Last edited by StarkRavingSage; 2012-03-16 at 11:43 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15

OOC

Spoiler
    Show
    Yea, you can take the substitution levels.

Spoiler
    Show
    All

you do know why you are in prison, but it is 100% trivial and irrelevant, all that matters is that you are there. (trust me this won't be the situation for long at all)
    Last edited by Dakuwan; 2012-03-16 at 05:15 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

NinjaGuy

"Given the situation, any companion in this hell shall be considered friend."
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

17. - Top - End - #17

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, prison. I recall a time when my character let your character get raped because he wasn't polite enough, Dakuwan. This time you're the DM and my character probably won't end up a Paragon.

Parker

Parker responds, "You may call me Parker, friend. From where do you hail?"

18. - Top - End - #18

NinjaGuy

"I rode with my brothers in a private sanctuary, but I fear I am far from home. I am inclined to ask you the same.

A friend is none, until you share history."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've decided that my high wisdom low int mythical centaur will be speaking in idioms, metaphors, axioms, allegories, and parables... LOL.

Enjoy :-)
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

19. - Top - End - #19

RedWizardGuy

"My tribe resides in [insert remote mountain range here] and it's time for me to make my way in the world. This is not the start that I expected.

Are friends such because they share history across the fire or because they've made history together?
    "
    Last edited by StarkRavingSage; 2012-03-16 at 03:32 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

ALL

Kuzzault tests the door and finds it too heavy to be lifted without the machine designed for that purpose and also realizes its locked somehow. In mid conversation a portal to Bader opens up and a scrapped up demon jumps out smelling of fire and brimstone

He kneels down in weariness, and looks at the centaur," give me your blood, mortal, and you will be granted a boon"
    Last edited by Dakuwan; 2012-03-16 at 11:12 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

NinjaGuy

OOC:

Spoiler
    Show
    I need to know what the relationship between centaurs and demons are before I can make a decision, or speak, for Kuzzault.

1. Assumedly Demons are all evil in this world right?
    2. Assumedly the greatest majority of Centaurs are neutral right?(I haven't committed to an alignment yet, as I prefer the characters to shape themselves in the actions they take in game - If anything, leaning towards lawful neutral)
    3. Would the demon be likely pulling a trick? What does "blood" mean?(if you need to make knowledge checks for religion or planes, Kuzzault would have none, and has an int mod of -2 - you can roll privately) I assume a lot of this would be common knowledge right? Does he really mean "soul"?
    4. Does it appear as though the Demon could be easily destroyed in this moment?(is he just scrapped up, or visibly on the brink of death?)
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

22. - Top - End - #22

OOC

Spoiler
    Show
    centaurs are as they are in the monster manual 3.5, and for any knowledge on demons you would have to do a knowledge roll for Kuzzault. (I never roll for people unless its rolls that you should not have knowledge of, and do all rolling in this thread). And you are free to interpret what he means by blood, that is something that you will have to figure out on your own unless your knowledge check is good enough for you to know that (I seriously doubt it will be because thats a ridiculously high roll). And there is no common knowledge about demons, as people don't usually interact with them. And he does look pretty messed up, as if without someone's help he may die on his own.
    Last edited by Dakuwan; 2012-03-16 at 10:04 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

NinjaGuy

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Was granted permission for 1 more re-roll on stats:

(4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

24. - Top - End - #24

Hey Never, can you delete your xtra posts
    Last edited by Dakuwan; 2012-03-17 at 07:56 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Spoiler
    Show
    And Stark, if you want to reroll its we can, and I am still up for doing a space camp of a sort if you two like, this camp is not too old to scrap.

26. - Top - End - #26

NinjaGuy

Int Rolls:

What is that thing?(the demon)
    (1d20+0)[10]

What do I know about demons?
    (1d20+0)[18]

Do I know anything about that rift, or about whatever is beyond it(Bader was said, but I feel like Kuzzault may not be knowledgable on this)?
    (1d20+0)[15]
    (especially considering that Centaurs tend to be loners who don't care much for being in an outside world)

Does the being look evil? If he looks like a bruised supernatural/godlike warrior(and he doesn't know its a demon), Kuzzault would be inclined to help. Based on his respect and high-held opinion on war and combatants.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

27. - Top - End - #27

NinjaGuy

"What sort of heroic warrior be you? Name your cause, and I may be of service.

Although... I'm not sure how much simple blood would help you, in your condition."
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

28. - Top - End - #28

All

Spoiler
    Show
    Result of knowledge checks for Kuzzault

What is that thing? You are not certain what it is but it does have a sinister look to it with all the horns and spikes and such, and it just left a fiery plane. From all the lore you've heard this thing is most likely a devil.

What do you know about Demons?
    That they are evil. That they are known for causing havoc wherever they go, they have no code of honor, and delight in the pain and suffering of others, and they come from the chaotic planes of the Abyss. Devils on the other hand are the evil lords of divine retribution. They are bound by their word to fulfill whatever deal they make with anyone. But with any and all deals they attempt to get a soul either by directly asking for it or leading the mortal down a path where the devil can attain the soul as part of the deal. Best bet to avoid dealing with them at all costs.

About the rift, before it closed you saw mountains and lakes of fire, a sky as dark as pitch, and when it opened you were instinctively afraid of it. You instinctively feel that wherever that was, it was bad and evil. It fits what you have heard about Bader, where devils dwell.

(About the rift, before it closed you saw mountains and lakes of fire, a sky as dark as pitch, and when it opened you were instinctively afraid of it. You instinctively feel that wherever that was, it was bad and evil.The being looks like he does in the picture I posted, but without the sword. Big horns, horns on the back, red skin, sinister demeanor)

The Being hears Kuzzualt and responds, "My cause is to bring this world to heel and rule it with my dark hand, an event that will come to pass with your help or no. But you two are in luck, for I am in need. Willingly give me your blood and will give you both a boon and make you lords of the realm when my rule comes to be. But know that if you do I will have even more use for you and if you please me your rewards will be great."
    Last edited by Dakuwan; 2012-03-18 at 08:56 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29

NinjaGuy

How far apart are we from each other(PCs) and from the devil?

If we're close to each other and potentially be unheard by the beast:

Spoiler
    Show
    "Friend, today we share history. There is a natural order to this world, and this demon seeks to overturn it. Join me in ridding this plane of this potential dictator."

Pauses a moment to wait for any sign that Parker is with him/ready.....

Then charges at the demon.

If they are easily to be overheard.
    Spoiler
    Show

He looks to Parker for a moment with a scowl and posture that should relay his negative opinion of the demon's proposal, waits for a sign of reaction, then charges.

Pending Parker's reaction to continue.
    ~NeverSleep~
    STRmod.com

30. - Top - End - #30

RedWizardGuy

Parker simply glares at the beast and turns the glare on Kuzzault momentarily as he speaks to the beast civilly.

Spoiler
    Show
    I assume Kuzzault could have taken his cue from Parker's reaction had I posted it sooner.

Parker sneers and says to the beast, "You must take my blood from me, for it will not be given freely. Begone beast!"

Parker also attacks. Initiative: (1d20+2)[11]